Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20150919.10/.14 - More Bloodmoon Event Changes

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2015 in PTS - The Archive
Release Notes for FC.31.20150919.14
This build is available on PTS as of 10/16/2015

Bloodmoon Updates
- Added neighborhood volumes that indicate Bite! Event areas (Blood Moon Bite! Battleground) and disables vehicles while you're in it.
- Added Turakian Coin drops to Zombie Apocalypse PvP event.
- Added Zombie Apocalypse info to Dweomer.
- Tweaked weapon loadouts on event vehicles.
- Added Cursed Archetype to Blood Moon Event store.
- Added the Cursed costume to the Zen Store (and PTS Store).
- Changed Ghost Train costume display in Ren Center to use a version without the engine sound.
- Made werewolf devices usable in Lemura (just not explicitly so).
- Reduced capsule collision around ship to allow for better targeting of critters past the pirate ship.
- Pirate ships summons now spawn to the sides of the pirate ship, not inside.
- Pirate ship does not face players to attack any more.
- Ghost ship is now Cosmic level, and above that has a 50% increase to health and damage.
- Killing pirates no longer causes damage to the ship.
- Ghost pirates have a 100% buff to both health and damage.
- Added additional pirate encounters around the docks shortly after the ghost ship appears.
- Added zone announcement when the Ghost Ship spawns and when it is defeated.
- Increased rank of Ghost Ship from Legendary to Cosmic and added health and damage buffs.

Other Fixes
- Fixed vehicle display for toxic grav bike to use proper vehicle exhaust FX.

Other Fixes
- Fixed vehicle display for toxic grav bike to use proper vehicle exhaust FX.

Release Notes for FC.31.20150919.10
This build is available on PTS now, 10/12/2015

Bloodmoon Event
- Updated Reward info on Dweomer.
- Added Spectral Engine vehicle display behind Dweomer.
- Updated event information on Dwoemer to include the Bite event info.
- Made new Blood Moon event auras and vehicles Bind on Account on Pickup.
- Added new event auras to the Blood Moon store.
- Created Mk2 upgrade versions of Mk1 Blood Moon vehicles.
- Added Mk2 versions to vehicle upgrade store.
- Changed Ghost Ship AI to stick to the end of the deck (not chase players).
- Added cannon powers to Ghost Ship so it can attack players at 200 range.
- Made werewolf/hunter devices for BITE! event only usuable in Canadian Wilderness, Southwest Desert, and Monster Island.
- Added Turakian Coins as a reward for completing BITE! event repeatable quests.
- Darkened/reddened the Crimson Demonwing colors.
- Fixed purchase condition on Ghost Pirate Captain (was using Dweomer's condition).
- Fixed Turakian Coin chest 25.

Other Bug Fixes
- Updated incorrect flavor text on the Gadgeteering "Boomerang Toss" power.
- Fixed the missing eyepatch costume piece.
- Lance Rain no longer incorrectly plays Medusa's VO
- Mind Break no longer incorrectly plays Medusa's VO
- Force Cascade no longer incorrectly plays Gravitar's VO

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team:
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1199083/costume-bug-list
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Cool Cool..Have to check these out.

What about adding these to the vendor? Be a great way to introduce an item that no one can get anymore and improving the rewards

Infernal Grab Bag Costumes
    Chains Cursed
    Unlocked With: Cursed Bracers ●

Armor Spiked Cursed
    Unlocked With: Cursed Spiked Bracers ●

Armor Spiked Cursed
    Unlocked With: Cursed Boots ●

Flaming Eyes of the Cursed
    Unlocked With: Cursed Eyes ●

Chains Scourge
    Unlocked With: Scourge Bracers ●

Armor Spiked Scourge
    Unlocked With: Scourge Spiked Bracers ●

Armor Spiked Scourge
    Unlocked With: Scourge Boots ●

Flaming Eyes of the Scourge
    Unlocked With: Scourge Eyes ●

Chain Skull
    Unlocked With: Chain Skull Belt ●

Trenchcoar Chains
    Unlocked With: Infernal Jacket ●

• Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    wait wasnt there a werewolf perk in millennium city? why block it from being able to be used in MC?
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Bug: Still can't purchase Pirate Captain.

LOVE the Auras though. Glad the Pirate ship works now.

Any way Bloodmoon can be turned on in PTS?

Trying to figure out OBS/livestreaming so I livestreamed PTS
    https://youtu.be/xOIG-xBON6E​​
    Post edited by stellariodragon on
  • Options
    tfavsb10tfavsb10 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Cool Cool..Have to check these out.

What about adding these to the vendor? Be a great way to introduce an item that no one can get anymore and improving the rewards

Infernal Grab Bag Costumes

yes this please add them, its about time we got somemore in cirulation and although the eye aura does the same idk the eye aura costume part is still cool?

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Bug: Certain Costume piece cancel out the ghost aura. (see Skeleton parts)

(edit) it appears the ghost aura changes the Leg category that has tights and pants but it doesn't work on the actual leg costume pieces and Hip wear like skirts or hip pieces.

photo Champions Online_2015-10-13_23-46-53.png

Bug: Ghost Aura Torso fixes the above issue...however it changes the entire body to a ghost and not just the torso.

(edit) this doesn't appear to be so much a bug but that the icon is misleading. Also I would suggestion a new Aura icon all together as it matches the current Smoke Aura and is confusing.

photo Champions Online_2015-10-13_23-52-13.png
    Post edited by ealford1985 on
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    If you're going to give Turakian coins for BITE, consider giving some for Zombie Apocalypse as well.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    These auras are awesome! Changes to the Crimson Demonwing are nice as well. Definitely looks more crimson-y.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    These additions are nice. However, I'd like to inform the devs that in BITE! Players can use vehicles to kill all the werewolves and healers could heal the werewolves. These are the exploit I witnessed back when I was doing the event.

Suggestion: Disable the usage of vehicles/heals when inside the BITE! Event area.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User

Bug: Still can't purchase Pirate Captain.

LOVE the Auras though. Glad the Pirate ship works now.

Any way Bloodmoon can be turned on in PTS?

Trying to figure out OBS/livestreaming so I livestreamed PTS

image​​

Rival beard detected.

(jk nice stream)
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    ultrarankgruntultrarankgrunt Posts: 14 Arc User
    Are there any other ghost-y auras like the three that you guys stuck in coming? Like a head and a torso, maybe? I'd be the happiest man on the face of the earth if there was.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    Other Bug Fixes
    - Updated incorrect flavor text on the Gadgeteering "Boomerang Toss" power.
    - Fixed the missing eyepatch costume piece.
    - Force Cascade no longer incorrectly playes Gravitar's VO

About time, so how about the new HIDEOUT ROOMS?
    Psi.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    I like having a new open mission, but it is much to easy, with a tank build it's very easy and fast to solo. When there are a few more people with dps builds around looking for easy tokens, the ship will be destroyed in a few seconds.

Please consider giving the ship a lot more health and making the canon a lot stronger, and adding more pirates that also have higher health.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    - Force Cascade no longer incorrectly playes Gravitar's VO

No Ego Blade Breach?
    - Made werewolf/hunter devices for BITE! event only usuable in Canadian Wilderness, Southwest Desert, and Monster Island.

No Lemuria? the SEA WOLF perk/title won't be obtainable anymore

- Made new Blood Moon event auras and vehicles Bind on Account on Pickup.
    - Added new event auras to the Blood Moon store.

Fascinating
    Now if only there was a way to make the Leg aura complety invisible

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell​​
    Post edited by biffsmackwell on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User

Release Notes for FC.31.20150919.10
    This build is available on PTS now, 10/12/2015

Bloodmoon Event

Just an important note. This action breaks the ability to earn the "Seawolf" achievement / Perk, as Seawolf requires a player to defeat a Submarine in Lemuria as a Bloodmoon Werewolf.

I recommend adding Lemuria back onto the list of allowed zones, or changing what one has to do and where they do it to be in one of the zones remaining.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    aiqa said:

I like having a new open mission, but it is much to easy, with a tank build it's very easy and fast to solo. When there are a few more people with dps builds around looking for easy tokens, the ship will be destroyed in a few seconds.

Please consider giving the ship a lot more health and making the canon a lot stronger, and adding more pirates that also have higher health.

Agreed. Please make the Ghost ship much more formidable. What am I supposed to use this fancy new onslaught gear on? :D

The open mission is in Vibora Bay, so all the heroes there will should be tough enough to handle a much stronger ghost ship.

• Options
    mrfreakensteinmrfreakenstein Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    BUG:
    Ghostly and Spectral auras show a full cape when one is using the torn cape.

I don't post on forums much, so unable to put a picture up, but its easy to replicate.

Also, thanks for making some of vendor items account bound and allowing the vehicles to be upgraded, this makes them much more appealing. = ]

I would also agree that seeing a return of the Cursed/Infernal items would be great, and did someone say you could get the Doomlord become from Drifter at some point in the past?
    Post edited by mrfreakenstein on
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited October 2015

BUG:
    Ghostly and Spectral auras show a full cape when one is using the torn cape.

I don't post on forums much, so unable to put a picture up, but its easy to replicate.

This is an interaction bug that exists with several aura-cape interactions.

The mystic cape (streamers) also looks like a full cape when using frost sheath. Guessing the same will be true of the mystic cape and these auras, or torn cape and frost sheath.

The problem is almost certainly that these capes have transparent parts rather than actual cut-away sections, meaning any aura which covers the cape with something will also cover the transparent parts.

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    tfavsb10 wrote: »
    wait wasnt there a werewolf perk in millennium city? why block it from being able to be used in MC?

You're thinking of Air Wolf and Sea Wolf. No, neither of those require MC. Air Wolf is gained by being a werewolf on a chopper in Area 51. Sea Wolf is gained by destroying a Lemurian sub as a werewolf. So the only perk affected by this is Sea Wolf if you are unable to use the device in Lemuria.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    aiqa wrote: »

I can agree with this. Events like these should require a few heroes not be soloable by one.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Suggestion:
    Add a separate left and right ghost hand aura.

The new trail on the spectral train is a lot better.
  • Options

I can agree with this. Events like these should require a few heroes not be soloable by one.​​

Other than making it a giant dps test (e.g. the Anniversary event, where the Mechanon stage requires a sustained dps of about 90,000), it's kind of tough to make content that's finishable at all but not soloable.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Other than making it a giant dps test (e.g. the Anniversary event, where the Mechanon stage requires a sustained dps of about 90,000), it's kind of tough to make content that's finishable at all but not soloable.

I will strongly disagree with this. A single person should not be able to solo this is just a few minutes by themselves, to put it another way. A team sure I could see it happening but a single person?

Especially given this event has a 2 hour cool down on it. Bad enough events like Mega D and such have been turned into Cosmic jokes right now, we need events that will actually present a challenge as well.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    BUG

The train is WAY TOO LOUD next to Dweomer. I mean seriously it's making rocket noise along with the choo choo sounds and it's super loud. It needs to be quieted down by a lot.
    ​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    FEEDBACK (Ghost Ship)

Alright now that I've done the Ghost Ship, it didn't even take 2 minutes to defeat it. The cannon added something but I was mostly just using my AE to do the damage. 2 minutes of fighting with a 2 hour long cool down before the next event seems a bit much.

The rewards were kind of meh to be honest to. I got 10 turakian coins and an old pre-on alert secondary called Swashbuckler's Stance. This would have been cool if it unlocked a new stance or emote but it's just an old utility secondary from before they were completely changed to the new system. So yea, bit of sadface on that :(​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    More ghost ship suggestion:
    I don't think we should go back to ranking giving better rewards. Getting first place gives you 10 coins, but second place only gives 5. I would like to have that changed to 10 for everyone. The mission being on a 2 hours cooldown makes sure that you will not get overly many coins out of it anyway.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Or reduce the cooldown. 2 hours?? Why not one?

Or, for preference, both. Are there really that many people who are going to be farming just the one event?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    I'll just point out here that no one is going to be in Vibora Bay. Talk of buffing the event should be tempered with the realization that most players stick to MC, and many do not even have access to this zone. Soloing it might not feel epic, but when I'm the only one there it's going to be the sole recourse.

Also a two hour cool down for an open mission with one instance on hand is a bit heavy handed. We're still running into issues of not being able to farm enough currency ingame, in the alotted time.

Could we get tokens for fighting the trick or treaters?
  • Options
    I'll just point out here that no one is going to be in Vibora Bay. Talk of buffing the event should be tempered with the realization that most players stick to MC, and many do not even have access to this zone. Soloing it might not feel epic, but when I'm the only one there it's going to be the sole recourse.

Also a two hour cool down for an open mission with one instance on hand is a bit heavy handed. We're still running into issues of not being able to farm enough currency ingame, in the alotted time.

Could we get tokens for fighting the trick or treaters?

This is a bit negative and if people have a reason to go to Vibora then they will.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    You seem to not realize that about 99% of new players in the last two years have no idea Vibora Bay even exists. This event will be being done by literally only the remaining 20-30 vet players and maybe ten other people that we've told about VB.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    You seem to not realize that about 99% of new players in the last two years have no idea Vibora Bay even exists. This event will be being done by literally only the remaining 20-30 vet players and maybe ten other people that we've told about VB.

This makes the broad assumption that the majority of players are new to. And considering there is a lack of reason to play at high level, that might also be a point in favor.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    It is an assumption, but one that is based in observation. I don't know how much time you spend leveling alts, but I consider it a populous zone if I run into 3 other people during the course of leveling characters through VB. And that's with having put three alts through that leveling path in the last 6 months. Open missions are almost impossible to complete in that zone.
  • Options
    Even if there are not that many players in VB, being able to solo the mission in a few minutes, without any effort, and putting that on a 2 hours cooldown, looks a little odd to me.

And if most new players are not going to VB, that would mean that mission is mostly done by long time vets that are quite knowledgeable about that game and on average have stronger and better geared characters. So that is even more reason to make it much more difficult.
  • Options
    thyuberdudethyuberdude Posts: 22 Arc User
    So then VB needs to be unlocked for everyone. The reset timer needs to be reduced. The nature of the event should be changed from a DPS race to simply a participation check. I.E. you must do 10k damage in order to qualify for rewards. Because the ghost ship only having a few hundred thousand hit points means that first place goes to Whoever drops the best backup and does silly high burst. That pretty much counts out tanks/healers/hybrids. And Adding a few million HP to the ghost ship really wouldn't help. It would still go to those few of us that are dps mongers. Lets try and make sure everyone has fun and gets an even slice of the loot pie.

If you still want to have a bean counter for epeen purposes fine, but it shouldn't have any bearing on rewards.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I was just pointing out how much tedium we're looking at here, is all. I don't care if they give the thing 500,000,000 HP and make it take somewhere between 30-60mins to complete for one person. I'll do it the 40 times I need to get the two auras I want then go back to other games. Maybe? If this goes out tomorrow we're looking at two weeks of uptime. So hopefully it will cycle enough times to even get the two items i want off the vendor.

Once enough folks lose interest in it, though, will there be enough people to even get it done if they somehow up the ante in tedium?
    (I say tedium because it's literally just going to take more time. If a level 60 Mega D can't kill me through Quarry I doubt a ghost ship is going to distract me much from my cat video watching.)

Snark never dies.
  • Options

I will strongly disagree with this. A single person should not be able to solo this is just a few minutes by themselves, to put it another way.

Okay, that I'll agree with. My point was that making it impossible to solo isn't very likely.

The other worry is the usual problems of event bosses: a giant furball of players lands on them, and they just turn into a blinding blizzard of vfx. For normal-sized enemies they just totally vanish (Takophanes is typically totally invisible because of the giant ball of players), for giant size enemies they wind up frame rate doom land, and in any case the special appearance of the ship will be totally masked. It would be nice to have an event that was a bit spread out, rather than just "everyone pile on the big boss".
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    So then VB needs to be unlocked for everyone. The reset timer needs to be reduced. The nature of the event should be changed from a DPS race to simply a participation check. I.E. you must do 10k damage in order to qualify for rewards. Because the ghost ship only having a few hundred thousand hit points means that first place goes to Whoever drops the best backup and does silly high burst. That pretty much counts out tanks/healers/hybrids. And Adding a few million HP to the ghost ship really wouldn't help. It would still go to those few of us that are dps mongers. Lets try and make sure everyone has fun and gets an even slice of the loot pie.

If you still want to have a bean counter for epeen purposes fine, but it shouldn't have any bearing on rewards.

Sorry no. if you don't want ot unlock VB, then you don't want to do the event. It's simple. And it's not like doing apocalypse is hard, so really the only people preventing themselves from going to VB is themselves.

If you want to call it epeen stroking, by all means continue to tell yourself that.

Honestly, it was one of the worst mistakes Cryptic made by constantly implementing scaling content, it sabotaged reasons to continue playing high level characters as the loot ended up being terrible and it made people who enjoyed team content quit because the content was too much of a joke to bother with.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    bazodeebazodee Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Yep, Ghost Ship is quickly done solo. Not much effort needed to avoid the gazillion pirates that spawn.
    As a reward: 10 Tcoins and a secondary gear called Swashbuckler's Stance, which for a high lvl toon is pretty underwhelming.

Bug: The Ghost full body aura has the icon normally associated with a chest aura.
    I don't like Sigs, but I'll leave this here anyway. At least I'm not to trying to hypnotise you with moving things!
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    During the Mechanon farm, I often saw 2 or 3 of the top 5 damage dealers were PA exploit builds. And you want to give rewards based on damage done? So, basically, you want most people to show up, complete the event, get crap because very few builds can pump out the damage of an exploit build, and then say "eff this" and log off? *sigh*
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Sorry no. if you don't want ot unlock VB, then you don't want to do the event. It's simple. And it's not like doing apocalypse is hard, so really the only people preventing themselves from going to VB is themselves.

If you want to call it epeen stroking, by all means continue to tell yourself that.

Honestly, it was one of the worst mistakes Cryptic made by constantly implementing scaling content, it sabotaged reasons to continue playing high level characters as the loot ended up being terrible and it made people who enjoyed team content quit because the content was too much of a joke to bother with.​​

-------------

Is the ghost ship being added permanently to VB or is it a temporary Blood Moon/Halloween only event?
    If permanent I see your point.
    If only for a tired temporary Halloween time only event, then I see no issue with unlocking VB (the zone) during that period of time. (during when Bloodmoon is turned on, on Live).

Though in general the VB apocolypse unlock is an archaic dinosaur that needs to be shot.

There really is nothing that epic about VB, that requires it to have that silly outdated zone unlock.
  • Options
    darqaura2 wrote: »
    Is the ghost ship being added permanently to VB or is it a temporary Blood Moon/Halloween only event?
    If permanent I see your point.
    If only for a tired temporary Halloween time only event, then I see no issue with unlocking VB (the zone) during that period of time. (during when Bloodmoon is turned on, on Live).

Though in general the VB apocolypse unlock is an archaic dinosaur that needs to be shot.

There really is nothing that epic about VB, that requires it to have that silly outdated zone unlock.

I don't see the VB unlock as being an archaic, since it's apart of the story. I also don't agree that people should have access to things they don't want to bother with to begin with.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    Do we have any evidence that your placement in the open mission scoring matters to start with? The big problem with it having only Legendary hit points is that it will disintegrate in seconds. Mechanon has 12 million hit points, significant damage resistance, and additional damage reduction because of level vs level charts, and the only reason he lasts for minutes is because of glitches that cause damage to not register. It's reasonable to figure that an event boss will take on the order of 100,000 sustained dps, so if you want it to last a minute, make it a Tough Cosmic (~4M hp) and give it damage resistance on top of that. Or put in secondary stuff so it's more complicated than 'beat on the big boss'.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    The last time I tried Bite was about 3 years ago, but at that time there were problems with level 40s controlling the area making it difficult for the side with out 40s to compete. Anyway the devices could be set up to even out player levels some?
  • Options

Do we have any evidence that your placement in the open mission scoring matters to start with?

Yes I did this mission with @championshewolf, she placed first and got 10 tokens I placed second and got 5 tokens.
  • Options
    BITE has lots of balance problems; other than levels, there's the simple fact that there's no barriers to one side outnumbering the other side 3:1, and no incentive to join the weaker side when that happens. I suspect BITE would be much improved by:
    1. SKing all characters to the same level.
    2. Modifying stats for each side based on the number of that side in the region.
    3. Adjusting how attacking werewolves as non-participants works.
  • Options
    BITE has lots of balance problems; other than levels, there's the simple fact that there's no barriers to one side outnumbering the other side 3:1, and no incentive to join the weaker side when that happens. I suspect BITE would be much improved by:

SKing all characters to the same level.
    Modifying stats for each side based on the number of that side in the region.
    Adjusting how attacking werewolves as non-participants works.

Honestly this boils down to the fact you can't fix people that want to always be the winner instead of actually having fun. Same issue that crops up with OVs. People will just grab an OV use them and run even when there are five others and not realize they are not helping themselves. Or the ones that are exploiting and using bugs.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Coming from a person who has.. one? two 40s? That I know of. Your opinion on the VB apocalypse unlock process is not very valuable Silverspar. I've personally got 40 level 40s now, and I've done the VB apocalypse 40 times. I would never wish that sort of absolute monotony on others, especially with how casual this game is to begin with.

It was decided long ago that Monster Island, Lemuria, Canada, and The Desert need not have players actually complete the respective crisis' to gain access to those zones. Honestly? It's about time they do the same for VB. Especially with the choice of putting the one new part of Bloodmoon in there, locked away from the majority of the players. Whom as I said earlier, legitimately don't even know the zone exists at all. There's absolutely nothing to point you toward it outside of certain quest zone NPC missions that pop up at level 34. Which of course, the average player today won't even bother with because they aren't alerts. Those players shouldn't be excluded from new content just because Cryptic poorly designed the alert system and mostly destroyed the entire flow of the game with it.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

----------------------------------------------------

We can agree to disagree and I'll see you in the game. :blush:
  • Options

Do we have any evidence that your placement in the open mission scoring matters to start with? The big problem with it having only Legendary hit points is that it will disintegrate in seconds. Mechanon has 12 million hit points, significant damage resistance, and additional damage reduction because of level vs level charts, and the only reason he lasts for minutes is because of glitches that cause damage to not register. It's reasonable to figure that an event boss will take on the order of 100,000 sustained dps, so if you want it to last a minute, make it a Tough Cosmic (~4M hp) and give it damage resistance on top of that. Or put in secondary stuff so it's more complicated than 'beat on the big boss'.

Yea, that was my point about suggesting that rewards not be based off damage and who places what. It isn't fair for those that haven't created DPS oriented toons.
  • Options

Yea, that was my point about suggesting that rewards not be based off damage and who places what. It isn't fair for those that haven't created DPS oriented toons.

That's totally unrelated to what I was talking about. No matter how the event is scored, if the event is supposed to be an event and not "oops, I missed it", the event boss needs Cosmic-level durability or tricks that make it invulnerable.

Arguments about 'fairness' don't really move me. You want a reasonably inclusive event, but if people have gone to the effort of optimizing their characters, isn't it 'fair' to reward them for doing so?
This discussion has been closed.