test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Flight Booster

lightninlordlightninlord Posts: 69 Arc User
I think a flight booster would be very useful. It can be like a flight turbo power where you can flight at lightspeed or almost lightspeed. I suggest this because most of the flight powers we have now, even at Rank 3, is still kind of slow. Being able to boost at superman flight speed will be amazing.

It can be a power that can be bind to a button where while you in top speed in flight, with just one push of the button that you bind the power to and you boost off in a super speed flight. And it could work with any type of flight.

I am pretty sure a lot of people would love that ability.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    You havn't used Jetpack, or Jet Boots yet have you? their top speeds are on par with superspeed...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    Yea, but they only fit certain kind of characters that you create. Most of my characters would not look right having jet pack or jet boots. Plus I hate how you have to w8 for them to charge up for them to take to their top speed. Not too much a fan of jet packs and boots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jetpack flight actually has no visual if you don't include a jetpack costume piece... so it can fit into any concept really... but you have to deal with the sound effect and build up...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    Oh yea that's true, I forgot about that. But the take off speed is slow. You have to wait for it to charge up for it to take off into it's top speed. That can get annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    raighn wrote: »
    You havn't used Jetpack, or Jet Boots yet have you? their top speeds are on par with superspeed acrobatics...

Fixed

I actually did a test with some other players to gauge how fast all the different TPs were at rank 3, this is what we found:

SLOWEST
    Flight and its other variants
    Hoverdisc
    Acrobatics/Jet Flights/Cape Glide/Millennial Flight after building up speed/Teleport/Burrowing
    Energy Slide
    Superjump
    Super Speed
    Ice Slide (requires very precise angling and proper elevation)
    FASTEST

Swinging's speed is very hard to gauge.

Jetpack Flight's very fast even in combat. Its only weakness is that it's very slow underwater and that it is nigh useless for travelling short distances.

Flight's... sort of balanced in the terms of TPs. It's the slowest of the bunch, but in terms of combat utility it's outright the most useful for ranged characters, as it makes several powerful-hitting melee bosses complete jokes (Jack Fool particularly). A general 'sprint' skill would be pretty nice, though. Something that boosts not only flight speed but also running speed.

How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    Woah.... woah woah... I've done tests on the speeds before as well and found Flight out of combat was the same speed as Acrobatics, and Jetpack/Jetboots was only slightly slower than Superspeed... very slightly... however in combat flight is indeed the slowest travel... so slow in combat to the point that it's actually faster to walk...

Unless they changed something with travel speeds over the last year that shouldn't be any different...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    So we all agree that flight is the slowest of them all, right? So it would be good to have some kind of turbo boost power added to it. It can be a boost that not everyone have to get. If some choose not to get it, they do not have to. It can be a power that you can bind to any key and you will be able to cut it on or off at will. Now that would be really great to have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Rank 3 Cape Glide is much faster than the other flight powers.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    In all honesty, they need to just do a complete overhaul to the travel powers system...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    Rank 3 Cape Glide is much faster than the other flight powers.

That might be true but not everyone's character have a cape.

In all honesty, they need to just do a complete overhaul to the travel powers system...

True! Especially on the flights. To me they go way too slow. Flight should be a lot faster than the speed it is set on now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Jump & Swing travels should have a run speed bonus that is lower than Acro... (maybe equal Acro R1 at R3)...

Cape Glide should be redone to function more like Swinging... where it activates upon pressing jump while airborn... but otherwise should have the same run speed bonus as above...

Acro/Ath are good as is...

Speed is also good as is...

Flight needs high combat speed... and I guess high non-combat speed too... It's really absurd that you can move faster by turning your travel power OFF in combat with flight...

Teleport... there's a million suggestions to fix this... pick one any one... my favorite though is to increase the duration and reduce/remove the CD when out of combat...

Tunneling... I honestly don't know what changes tunneling could use or even need if any...

Swarm Flight... fix is so that either ALL of them either allow or disallow power activations... it's ridiculous that some of them allow it and some don't... pick one and stick to it...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    I agree with all of that!

Teleport does have so many suggestion lol. I wish we could stay in teleport mode as long as we want. Its teleport. Which mean we could be able to teleport ANYWHERE. So like you said a increase on the duration. A big increase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    Oh yea that's true, I forgot about that. But the take off speed is slow. You have to wait for it to charge up for it to take off into it's top speed. That can get annoying.

Yeah, that's the payoff for the higher speed. Flight has some big advantages that ground-based powers don't, so you can't just make it equally as fast as the ground powers.
  • Options

Yeah, that's the payoff for the higher speed. Flight has some big advantages that ground-based powers don't, so you can't just make it equally as fast as the ground powers.

They could at least make it so that your not faster turning it off in combat...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options

They could at least make it so that your not faster turning it off in combat...

Flight is faster than walking, even in combat. It is also far more versatile.

Me personally, I want my flying characters to be faster too... which is my I use jetpack/jetboots :3
  • Options
    With just about any other travel power, it is easy to get away from danger when you are a squishy range character, but when you have flight, you move so slow that you get killed almost every time.

Ex. Like when you fighting gravitar and she uses the yellow power bubble thing on you. With flight, you can not get away fast enough to avoid getting killed. But with almost any other TP you can avoid it.

With some kind of boost to it, more people will be happy to have it. Who would not want to be able to fly faster? That would make the flight power much more exciting on the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I have gotten out of Gravitar's yellow bubble using regular flight.

Why are you so opposed to using jetpack flight? Clearly you don't care about the ability to quickly charge up to max speed, so jetpack flight gives you everything you want.
  • Options
    I honestly do not like the charge up time it takes for you to get to the top speed, and I seen a lot of other people who play the game that think the same way. Plus like what we been saying about it and all other flight powers being so slow in combat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I dunno, JetBoots is plenty fast for me. I zoom around like a maniac in combat with it, enough so that I feel over powered compared to mobs. And yes, getting out of Gravi's bubbles is a cinch with it. Jet flights are actually rather quick.

Hell, once in a duel the person I dueled even complained that it made me too fast for them to catch me, and they were using acrobatics.

It's a trade off - faster speed, for having to deal with the ramp up time. Mind you, the ramp up time becomes irrelevant once you're in the combat state, since it doesn't ramp up in combat either ( and neither do any of the other travel powers ), and you seem to be communicating that in-combat speed is what's most important to you. I would say at least give it a chance, I don't think you'll miss the ability to charge up flight, just remember to move around in combat and you'll see how jet flight can meet your needs. I play glass cannons where my primary defense is my ability to move in and out of danger, so I wouldn't be using Jet flight if it wasn't effective.
  • Options
    Have to agree with the CatGerl on this point: jetpack (without vfx) is my go-to flight power.

The sound effects aren't always great (since my toons tend to have wings or no back piece at all), but at R3, it is plenty fast in combat.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    A few years back, I gave it a chance and did not like it. I also seen a lot of people talking about how slow they was. Yes, I agree that at the top speed, they have decent flight speed. But this is flight we are talking about. You should be able to flight a lot faster than that.

When I was talking about flight speed, I was mostly talking about the speed of flight when not in combat, but Raighn also reminded me about the flight speed in combat as well.

Lets look at heroes. Most heroes you see from the shows of DC or Marvel that have flight powers, their speed is matched to that of a Jet, if not, close to it. Some are faster than that.

And the thing with jetpack or jetboots, a lot of people do not like those kinds of TP, if so, I am sure a lot of people would pick jetpack instead of normal flight. You see more people with normal flight than the jetpack. Jetboots for one would not fit well with all theme of characters that is created.

With Jetpack, I do not feel that it can fit well with all themes of characters as well. Back to the super hero shows again, you do not see superman, wonder woman, thor, or green lanterns having to take off in a slow flight and wait for their flight powers to charge up and then take off in full flight speed. And when they are in combat, their flight powers are not any slower.

I get what you all are talking about, but I do not see the jetpack or boots fitting all character theme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    A few years back, I gave it a chance and did not like it. I also seen a lot of people talking about how slow they was. Yes, I agree that at the top speed, they have decent flight speed. But this is flight we are talking about. You should be able to flight a lot faster than that.

When I was talking about flight speed, I was mostly talking about the speed of flight when not in combat, but Raighn also reminded me about the flight speed in combat as well.

Oh wow, it's actually about the out of combat speed? Well, again there's a balance here. Ground powers have to deal with terrain - as a flier, you don't have to jump over things, you just go there in a straight line. Most convenient power in the game: fly up, point yourself at your destination, hit auto-run. If on top of all that you also want to be just as fast as ground powers, then you're not understanding that there needs to be some sort of balance. If we make flight faster, then all the ground powers have to become faster too, at which point we're crossing the line into unusable levels of speed.

You might also consider purchasing a vehicle if you have high-speed travel needs. However, be aware, there are trade-offs here as well.

Lets look at heroes. Most heroes you see from the shows of DC or Marvel that have flight powers, their speed is matched to that of a Jet, if not, close to it. Some are faster than that.

Sure, and Galacticus was the size of a planet, and Gladiator punched the Juggernaught into orbit, and Wolverine can never be killed by anything ever, and Dr. Xavier can mind control the whole planet, and Batman always wins because Batman, and Superman can bench press a pair of planets, etc etc... and all the other things that happen in comic books and tv shows that are in no way feasible in an MMO. This is not a "Comic Book Simulator", this is an MMO with a comic book theme.

And the thing with jetpack or jetboots, a lot of people do not like those kinds of TP, if so, I am sure a lot of people would pick jetpack instead of normal flight. You see more people with normal flight than the jetpack. Jetboots for one would not fit well with all theme of characters that is created.

With Jetpack, I do not feel that it can fit well with all themes of characters as well. Back to the super hero shows again, you do not see superman, wonder woman, thor, or green lanterns having to take off in a slow flight and wait for their flight powers to charge up and then take off in full flight speed. And when they are in combat, their flight powers are not any slower.

I get what you all are talking about, but I do not see the jetpack or boots fitting all character theme.

Jetpack, if you are not wearing a Jetpack costume piece, has no visual indication that you are using Jetpack flight. The sound is easily missable, and if it bugs you that much then what you should be asking for is a new type of flight that has Jet flight mechanics without the sound ( this has been asked for before ).

You are correct, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Thor do not slowly take off when they fly away. This is because they are using regular flight. Now, before you respond "but they're faster than regular flight!", I will point out that they are each about a hundred times faster than Jet Flight too, so that logic does not stand.

Jetpack can fit all character themes, since there is only a visual aspect to the power if you actually wear a jetpack. If your theme is "He flies at the speed of sound all the time!", then your expectations for what the game can provide are unreasonable.
  • Options

Oh wow, it's actually about the out of combat speed? Well, again there's a balance here. Ground powers have to deal with terrain - as a flier, you don't have to jump over things, you just go there in a straight line. Most convenient power in the game: fly up, point yourself at your destination, hit auto-run. If on top of all that you also want to be just as fast as ground powers, then you're not understanding that there needs to be some sort of balance. If we make flight faster, then all the ground powers have to become faster too, at which point we're crossing the line into unusable levels of speed.

You might also consider purchasing a vehicle if you have high-speed travel needs. However, be aware, there are trade-offs here as well.

Oh ok, balance? Then that means that the vehicles has to be set to flight speed right? They convenient and can fly over everything. So that mean acrobatics has to be set the speed of super speed. They both have to deal with terrain correct?
    There is not much balance going on here if you get what I mean.

And yea vehicles have some good speed on them, but why have a vehicle if you can fly? It is not like we are traveling in out of space or something?

Sure, and Galacticus was the size of a planet, and Gladiator punched the Juggernaught into orbit, and Wolverine can never be killed by anything ever, and Dr. Xavier can mind control the whole planet, and Batman always wins because Batman, and Superman can bench press a pair of planets, etc etc... and all the other things that happen in comic books and tv shows that are in no way feasible in an MMO. This is not a "Comic Book Simulator", this is an MMO with a comic book theme.

Yea, all those are pretty cool, it would be awesome if we could do those thing as well lol. But I am talking about something as simple as a little flight speed boost. I am not trying to punch someone into orbit or bench press a pair of planets, even though I must add would be cool as hell if we could lol.

Jetpack, if you are not wearing a Jetpack costume piece, has no visual indication that you are using Jetpack flight. The sound is easily missable, and if it bugs you that much then what you should be asking for is a new type of flight that has Jet flight mechanics without the sound ( this has been asked for before ).

You are correct, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Thor do not slowly take off when they fly away. This is because they are using regular flight. Now, before you respond "but they're faster than regular flight!", I will point out that they are each about a hundred times faster than Jet Flight too, so that logic does not stand.

Jetpack can fit all character themes, since there is only a visual aspect to the power if you actually wear a jetpack. If your theme is "He flies at the speed of sound all the time!", then your expectations for what the game can provide are unreasonable.

Yea that's true, but it is the little things about it as well. The animation of it. Like when you in flight and then you stop and the legs kick out. I am not sure, it just do not fit to me. Also, as I was talking about it earlier about how slow it talks off. They charge time can get annoying. I do not have to be as fast as a jet. I am just saying it would be affective to have a simple little flight speed boost added to the flight powers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Use the Ascension active offense power. It gives you flight, and also boosts your current flight speed while it lasts (18 seconds at R3). My main toon has a 30 sec cooldown on Ascension, so if I need to do distance flying without a vehicle, I hit Ascension for a speed boost.

• Options

Oh ok, balance? Then that means that the vehicles has to be set to flight speed right? They convenient and can fly over everything. So that mean acrobatics has to be set the speed of super speed. They both have to deal with terrain correct?
    There is not much balance going on here if you get what I mean.

And yea vehicles have some good speed on them, but why have a vehicle if you can fly? It is not like we are traveling in out of space or something?

Acrobatics users can jump over terrain that super speed users have to go around, hence why super speed gets to be faster than acrobatics. There is more balance going on here than you seem to realize.

Why have a vehicle? Because you want to go faster of course. That's kind of part of the thing of vehicles - if you could fly just as fast as a vehicle, then there would be even less reason to buy a vehicle than there is now. Business.

Yea, all those are pretty cool, it would be awesome if we could do those thing as well lol. But I am talking about something as simple as a little flight speed boost. I am not trying to punch someone into orbit or bench press a pair of planets, even though I must add would be cool as hell if we could lol.

Sure, you're just talking about the flight speed of a man who went to the sun and back in about 2 minutes.

Yea that's true, but it is the little things about it as well. The animation of it. Like when you in flight and then you stop and the legs kick out. I am not sure, it just do not fit to me. Also, as I was talking about it earlier about how slow it talks off. They charge time can get annoying. I do not have to be as fast as a jet. I am just saying it would be affective to have a simple little flight speed boost added to the flight powers.

I have to ask, what rank is your flight?
  • Options
    Use the Ascension active offense power. It gives you flight, and also boosts your current flight speed while it lasts (18 seconds at R3). My main toon has a 30 sec cooldown on Ascension, so if I need to do distance flying without a vehicle, I hit Ascension for a speed boost.

Yea, that's the thing, it does not last long. If it did not have a cool down and when in use, it did not go away, I would love it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Acrobatics users can jump over terrain that super speed users have to go around, hence why super speed gets to be faster than acrobatics. There is more balance going on here than you seem to realize.

Why have a vehicle? Because you want to go faster of course. That's kind of part of the thing of vehicles - if you could fly just as fast as a vehicle, then there would be even less reason to buy a vehicle than there is now. Business.

With a few simple key binds you can jump pretty high with super speed. And what of super jump? When not jumping, its running speed is slow as hell lol. It should be at the speed of acrobatics, correct? There is a lot little balance going on here than you seem to realize.

About the vehicles, that is not correct. There are a lot of characters who do not have flight powers and they use the vehicle for that purpose. So I am sure that people will still buy a vehicle. And it does not mean that people will not still buy vehicles because flight is as fast as vehicle. Come on, you know people will still use the vehicles. There are missions and rampages that are well in need of vehicles.
    Sure, you're just talking about the flight speed of a man who went to the sun and back in about 2 minutes.

Again that would be cool lol, but lets get real, everyone smart enough will know that I am not talking about that kind of speed boost.
    I have to ask, what rank is your flight?

Rank 3 of course. Why is there a rank 4 or 5 I do not know about that can make them faster? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Super Jump is the fastest way across an outdoor map aside from a vehicle.
    Just sayin

As for Ascension, I didn't mean to take it only as a flight booster. I just meant that aside from everything else it does, it is *also* a flight booster.

• Options

With a few simple key binds you can jump pretty high with super speed. And what of super jump? When not jumping, its running speed is slow as hell lol. It should be at the speed of acrobatics, correct? There is a lot little balance going on here than you seem to realize.

Because, and this is so obvious it's painful, when you're using Super Jump to travel you're constantly jumping - and if you do that, it's actually the fastest way to travel. There is more balance going on here that you have missed despite it being obvious in the name of the power ( if you have something against having to jump, why do you pick a power with Jump in the title? )
    About the vehicles, that is not correct. There are a lot of characters who do not have flight powers and they use the vehicle for that purpose. So I am sure that people will still buy a vehicle. And it does not mean that people will not still buy vehicles because flight is as fast as vehicle. Come on, you know people will still use the vehicles. There are missions and rampages that are well in need of vehicles.

Those missions are not in need of vehicles. Next time you're in one of them, look for a stationary disk hovering a few feet above the ground and click on it. Those things are actually better than vehicles.

And yes, there is reason for people to buy vehicles. I will sum up the reason for that with one word: Business.

Again that would be cool lol, but lets get real, everyone smart enough will know that I am not talking about that kind of speed boost.

Right, you're talking about the speed boost that is gained from using a Jet flight travel power. Now, we are once again at the point where you have to decide if you want to give up the higher top speed, or the ability to charge your power to full gear all at once. This is simply a decision you will have to make.

Face it, if they increase the speed of regular flight, they have to increase the speed of Jet Flight so that it remains relevant, at which point you'll just complain all over again that regular flight isn't as fast as Jet Flight, even though both of them are plenty fast enough to deal with the NPCs in the game who by and large don't have access to any travel powers ( and even when they do it's rank 1 flight ) and are fast enough to get you from one end of any zone to the other end in about 2 minutes or less.

Again, if you have this incredible need to get from one end of a zone to the other in one minute, I offer you the choice of a vehicle. Or hell, maybe just pretend that your guy is flying at the speed of sound and the zone is actually really big? I mean, you're a "theme" player so imagination is part of the game for you already, right?

Rank 3 of course. Why is there a rank 4 or 5 I do not know about that can make them faster? lol

I'm not sure where you got the idea that there might be a rank 4 or 5. I can assure you if there was that it would be in the Advantage interface just like the other ranks, so you can calm yourself and relax, solid in the knowledge that there aren't any further ranks.

The reason I ask is, you talk like someone who has Rank 1 flight. Where are you travelling to that you need these extreme amounts of travel speed? And, if getting to places so quickly is so important to you, maybe you need to consider your stance on your themes being most important, and acknowledge that apparently to you getting wherever you're going is most important, in which case you might want to explore other travel powers, or perhaps vehicles.

I know that there is a certain group of people nowadays who seems to think they can have their cake and eat it too, but I can assure you that the saying that indicates that you cannot is still entirely relevant, moreso in the world of video games than anywhere else.

Overall, I think one thing you need to clarify here is this: Is this really about the "theme" of your character, or are you just impatient?
  • Options
    lol I am very calm and relax, I promise. I am not trying to make any of you all upset and if I did, I apologize.

Okay so, I know super jump is obviously one of the fastest way to travel. But you was talking about how Acrobatics have terrain but can jump over them and stuff. At rank 3 Acrobatics can jump pretty high as well and can also run pretty fast. So since we talking about balance, lets make them even. lol Why not just make all TP the same level of speed then.

You are correct, a vehicle is not need, but I am sure they are of great use when in some missions. And the hover disk are better if you have a good power build.

And you talking about business, Would it not be good business for them to have a flight booster for people can buy?

Okay, lol it is funny how this jet flight thing keep coming up when we already noted the disadvantages of the use of it. Is that the only thing there is to offer? If so, the flight booster seem more and more interesting to me. And who said you have to increase all of them? Is that a law somewhere? Where is it in the commandments? You making it seem like all the TP are at even speeds and if you boost one of them, it will not be fair because one of them faster lol. I am just saying, you making it seem a lot harder than it really is. Calm down, a little flight boost is not going to hurt the game, I promise.

Nah, I have all rank 3 flight. I am trying to help make the game more interesting. Flight is a popular TP, so why not throw in a little booster? A little turbo boost. Yall trying to make it seem like I want to fly like lightning or something lol.

And you talking about pretend? Okay cool, lets pretend together. Okay we flying in the clouds and just smoothly swirling around them. Feeling the sweet cool breeze hitting our face and going through our hair. And then sudden we want to feel more breeze so we kick off into a flight boost and we soring faster through the beautiful clouds on a nice beautiful day having a lot more fun than the people *Behind* us using jet pack flight. Now see is that not more fun? lol

I think it is a little of both actually. Honestly, I can get a little impatient. I also think the theme can play a great park in it as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I completely get what you saying roughbearmattach, it has a pretty decent flight boost to it. But it would be really cool if it did not have a cool down on it lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    So, you want "something" that simply raises flight speed permanently?
    When I think flight booster, I think something you click to get a boost to flight speed.

A power? Device? Change to the game?

• Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    IF they gave flight a booster, they would have to give jet flights a booster as well to keep the game balanced. Now, making SJ equal to Acro is just plain stupid. They are to different powers, they don't need to be the same. Acro is the mid point between Superspeed and SJ. Gives you a decent jump height, but you travel slower than SJ, gives you a decent speed, but you travel slower than Superspeed. On the otherhand, you jump higher than Superspeed, and you run faster than SJ. This is balance. None of the three need to function the same as each other. This balance brings variety. And the same can be said about the flying TPs. They are balanced in a way that makes each of them useful, though some are obviously not as useful in combat. And again, if they gave flight a booster, they would need to give basically all travel powers a booster just to keep them all relevant and balanced.
  • Options
    So, you want "something" that simply raises flight speed permanently?
    When I think flight booster, I think something you click to get a boost to flight speed.

A power? Device? Change to the game?

A device would be okay, even a power. Something that you can turn on and off at well. Like when you turn it on, it stays on til you turn it off of just simply turn off flight power.
    soulforger wrote: »
    IF they gave flight a booster, they would have to give jet flights a booster as well to keep the game balanced. Now, making SJ equal to Acro is just plain stupid. They are to different powers, they don't need to be the same. Acro is the mid point between Superspeed and SJ. Gives you a decent jump height, but you travel slower than SJ, gives you a decent speed, but you travel slower than Superspeed. On the otherhand, you jump higher than Superspeed, and you run faster than SJ. This is balance. None of the three need to function the same as each other. This balance brings variety. And the same can be said about the flying TPs. They are balanced in a way that makes each of them useful, though some are obviously not as useful in combat. And again, if they gave flight a booster, they would need to give basically all travel powers a booster just to keep them all relevant and balanced.

Lol where this law wrote down at that just because you give flight a boost, you have to give jet flight a boost. I want to read this commandment. You make it seem like its God's law or something. Okay, if you want to make it balance, it can be like they do for all other advantages on the game and make it a Gold Member reward or something.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2015

I recall specifically saying that R3 SuperJump should have a run speed boost that is no faster than R1 Acro. It would be faster than no travel thus making it useful in combat, but unless you take it to R3 you won't come close to Acro speeds. The same would apply to Swinging.

As for the flight boost... I do agree that if a boost is given to flight then one should be given to jetflight too it's only fair... but not just that... a speed booster should be offered for all travels...

On that note... we already have a device in the game that would be a perfect base for this... [Amazing Grace] It's already got the run & jump boosts to it... take those values and the flight speed boost values from Ascension and put it all into one permanent device, throw it into the C-store and call it a day.

I do not believe it should be a toggle though... a short durration buff is good... 15 seconds in combat 45 out of combat, with a 1min CD sounds good to me... If you want to use it constantly out of combat I'm sure you can live with 15seconds of reduced speed every minute, especially since you'll likely get whereever your going in under 2 minutes anyway... regarding the shorter time in combat though, it should either be disabled in combat or last no more than 15 seconds... 15 seconds of bonus speed in combat every minute is a pretty huge benefit when you really think about it.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options

A device would be okay, even a power. Something that you can turn on and off at well. Like when you turn it on, it stays on til you turn it off of just simply turn off flight power.

You really just don't have any concept of game balance do you...

Okay, how about this, maybe you'll understand. So, an acrobatics user is complaining that they can't get where they need to go fast enough, so the devs say "Okay, we'll add a power to the game that triples the speed of acrobatics so long as the power is toggled on".

So, how does that change make you feel?
  • Options
    You really just don't have any concept of game balance do you...

Okay, how about this, maybe you'll understand. So, an acrobatics user is complaining that they can't get where they need to go fast enough, so the devs say "Okay, we'll add a power to the game that triples the speed of acrobatics so long as the power is toggled on".

So, how does that change make you feel?

"But that means acro people will be going faster than superspeed! NERF!"

That's basically what would happen. In a nut shell.
  • Options
    Lol I think that would be cool. Again, it is like yall think I am talking about super sonic lighting speed or something. I do not see nothing wrong with add a little booster to flight. I seen it work well on some other mmo games.

Its funny how so many people are against with making CO better. If things stay the same way, more and more players will continue to leave. But hey, if that is what yall want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Its funny how so many people are against with making CO better. If things stay the same way, more and more players will continue to leave. But hey, if that is what yall want.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH, wrong answer.

We're not against making the game better. We just think your idea won't make the game better. At least we finally understand why you won't listen to anyone.
  • Options
    Lol I think that would be cool. Again, it is like yall think I am talking about super sonic lighting speed or something. I do not see nothing wrong with add a little booster to flight. I seen it work well on some other mmo games.

No one is against making the game better. We are against a single power getting a buff that would make it better than everything else thus posing balance issues. If all travel powers got a boost, sure, I'm all for that, but if its only flight. Than no, I'm against it.
  • Options
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH, wrong answer.

We're not against making the game better. We just think your idea won't make the game better. At least we finally understand why you won't listen to anyone.

Oh? Lol Why I will not listen to anyone?
    The way I see people leaving the game, I can a sure you that my flight booster idea will improve the game to some percentage. Almost any idea can help improve the game to some point. So tell me how you not against making the game better again?

No one is against making the game better. We are against a single power getting a buff that would make it better than everything else thus posing balance issues. If all travel powers got a boost, sure, I'm all for that, but if its only flight. Than no, I'm against it.

lol Okay well give them all a boost. I am completely okay with that idea.
    Just like I said earlier, it can be a power or something is only given to the Gold Members. Gold members are already given most of the advantages of the game anyway lol. And before Kagami post on here saying *Its Because of Business*, I am sure it would be still be a good business because I can bet you that most of the gold members would surely buy the flight booster.

lol If we do get the awesome idea, that I came up with, of a flight booster, I can bet that everyone who was against it would buy or wish to buy it. lol Come on, do not lie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Oh? Lol Why I will not listen to anyone?
    The way I see people leaving the game, I can a sure you that my flight booster idea will improve the game to some percentage. Almost any idea can help improve the game to some point. So tell me how you not against making the game better again?

I can assure you that nobody would care. In fact, if patch notes came out with this change, across the board people's reactions would be "THATs what you were working on!?? Why not all these other things we've been asking for for years?!?!?!". It would actually make more people consider leaving the game due to the perception that the devs are wasting their time on irrelevant nonsense that doesn't make the game more interesting or more fun or increase the amount of content we have.

I mean seriously... do you really think making travel times across zones that can already be crossed end-to-end in two minutes slightly shorter is going to somehow make the game better? Please, explain how. If anything, it would make the content we do have feel even smaller.
  • Options

I mean seriously... do you really think making travel times across zones that can already be crossed end-to-end in two minutes slightly shorter is going to somehow make the game better? Please, explain how. If anything, it would make the content we do have feel even smaller.

I must agree with this statement.

The biggest maps only take a couple minutes to travel across with Rank 1 regular flight. With vehicles, ranked-up speeds, and other travel powers, I can't really support much of a speed boost.

I would, however, like to see reskins of Rocket/Jet flight that have different animation and sound, plus a non-cape version of Cape Glide.

• Options
    Lol oh wow. Calm down Kagami. Did not mean to hit a nerve. And do I really have to explain this again? I done it so many times.

If you think that people will leave because a flight booster gets add to the game, then that just shows how little you know about people. Like I said earlier, people are already leaving the game, almost anything will be an improvement. Especially a flight booster. Flight is a very popular travel power. Imagine having a booster power that at will you can turn it on or off. People in fact will love that, I can promise you that.

Saying people will leave because of a simple flight booster being add is just like saying a damage booster will make them leave. Hello, ever heard of an active offense? People surely did not leave when that was added to the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I must agree with this statement.

The biggest maps only take a couple minutes to travel across with Rank 1 regular flight. With vehicles, ranked-up speeds, and other travel powers, I can't really support much of a speed boost.

I would, however, like to see reskins of Rocket/Jet flight that have different animation and sound, plus a non-cape version of Cape Glide.

It is like a little advantage power that the people of the game can enjoy. I do not get why not have it. We have active offenses, active defenses, etc. Why not have flight booster?

Though, I do not care for rocket/jet flight but different animation done to them would be awesome :smiley:. The Cape glide with no cape with no cape would be a good idea as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Again, you can already use Ascension as a flight booster. At rank 3, you get 18 seconds.
    My main hero has a 30 second cooldown, so he can fly boosted more often than not-boosted.

• Options
    But see that's the problem, you have to wait for the cooldown. With a flight booster, you will be able to turn it on or off at will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    But see that's the problem, you have to wait for the cooldown. With a flight booster, you will be able to turn it on or off at will.

That won't happen.

There are 3 ways this will go if implemented.

1) Short Duration with a Moderate-to-long CD, unlimited use device/power

2) Short-to-moderate Duration with no CD, single use device

3) Direct speed increase to travel powers, no new device or power

What your asking for simply won't happen because if you can turn it on & off at will with no downsides then there's no point in even making it a toggle in the first place. The effort would be better spent simply buffing the speeds of existing travel powers at that point.

If you want it to have no CD, then it would come as a single use device which would instantly be hated by everyone if it's sold in the C-store only. If it's unlimited use then it will have a CD and won't last more than 15sec per activation and will have a minimum 60sec CD most likely.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options

That won't happen.

There are 3 ways this will go if implemented.

1) Short Duration with a Moderate-to-long CD, unlimited use device/power

2) Short-to-moderate Duration with no CD, single use device

3) Direct speed increase to travel powers, no new device or power

What your asking for simply won't happen because if you can turn it on & off at will with no downsides then there's no point in even making it a toggle in the first place. The effort would be better spent simply buffing the speeds of existing travel powers at that point.

If you want it to have no CD, then it would come as a single use device which would instantly be hated by everyone if it's sold in the C-store only. If it's unlimited use then it will have a CD and won't last more than 15sec per activation and will have a minimum 60sec CD most likely.

This is basically right. I for one do not really see the problem with flight, except maybe the in flight speed is to slow compared to other powers. But beyond that, I have no issue with it as it is. Though the biggest change I want to see to travel powers is the removal of the energy increase that they give. But that will never happen.
  • Options
    I do not agree, I seen it happen before and the fans of flight loved it. I did not say it had to be a device, that is something that you all came up with lol. I just said it did not matter if it was a device or whatever. It can be a skill that you can bind to a key or something. It can be a power that FFs can get. It does not matter. If you want to give all TP a booster, make all the maps bigger, or even add more maps, aye have a party. Lets do it.

We have to get a lot more creative than those 3 ways if we want to have some chance to help keep people enjoying the game. And do not say it can not be done because I know it can be done. The creators are smart and it just might take some time and effort.

Honestly, if that is the only levels of creativity that we can produce, I must say that I am truly sad. We got to do a lot better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]