test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bluegrass Beast's Build Basement

Comments

• peekabooytpeekabooyt Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It should be under Power Armor gold freeform choices.

Thanks. Think it is gone, though. Not listed under Invincible (Power Armor) Archetype's Full Power Progression. :frown:
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    peekabooyt wrote: »
    Thanks. Think it is gone, though. Not listed under Invincible (Power Armor) Archetype's Full Power Progression. :frown:

From the looks of it, are using an Archetype (AT) for reference, and these have very limited power choices and predetermined SuperStat, talent, and spec setups that can't be changed. The Invincible won't show Eye Beams as an option simply because its not available to that AT as a power.

Since you said that you are subbed, you must flag the character as FreeForm when first creating them, instead of selecting an AT like The Invincible (FF should be the top-most option in the menu that lists all the Archetypes). Ya can also convert that AT character to an FF build, but it takes using a Retrain (think you can do this once for free if subbed, per character, and from the main hero select menu; else ya can purchase Retrain -not Retcon- tokens w/ Zen to do it).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    edited January 2015
    flowcyto wrote: »
    From the looks of it, are using an Archetype (AT) for reference, and these have very limited power choices and predetermined SuperStat, talent, and spec setups that can't be changed. The Invincible won't show Eye Beams as an option simply because its not available to that AT as a power.

Since you said that you are subbed, you must flag the character as FreeForm when first creating them, instead of selecting an AT like The Invincible (FF should be the top-most option in the menu that lists all the Archetypes). Ya can also convert that AT character to an FF build, but it takes using a Retrain (think you can do this once for free if subbed, per character, and from the main hero select menu; else ya can purchase Retrain -not Retcon- tokens w/ Zen to do it).

What I am doing is choosing FreeForm after the Create button.

I end up choosing Power Bolts as my energy creator and click to the next screen to pick my primary power, and keep looking for Eye Beam and find notta.

It's almost like what I see, and what others are describing, are different.

Your saying I need to flag myself as FreeForm, is one of those confusing points.
    edited January 2015
    peekabooyt wrote: »
    What I am doing is choosing FreeForm after the Create button.

I end up choosing Power Bolts as my energy creator and click to the next screen to pick my primary power, and keep looking for Eye Beam and find notta.

It's almost like what I see, and what others are describing, are different.

Your saying I need to flag myself as FreeForm, is one of those confusing points.

Hm, well you said 'Invincible', so I thought you were referring to the AT. To not cause confusion in the future- an AT title isn't supposed to be used interchangeably w/ a FF Powerset's title.

It sounds like you just haven't gotten past the character creation, as there ya can only select the energy builder and a T0 (starter tier) power as a FF. Eye Beams can be unlocked early by choosing a PA end builder, but you won't be able to select Eye Beams until you get to a PH and re-spec in-game, as its a T1 power.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    edited January 2015
    flowcyto wrote: »
    It sounds like you just haven't gotten past the character creation, as there ya can only select the energy builder and a T0 (starter tier) power as a FF. Eye Beams can be unlocked early by choosing a PA end builder, but you won't be able to select Eye Beams until you get to a PH and re-spec in-game, as its a T1 power.

Thank you very much for explaining it to me. Phew!
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This does sound interesting! I've made a few attempts at putting together builds that don't super-stat con... but (so far) none of them have worked as well as I'd like.

Not having con is fine for leveling, but all too often turns into a death sentence if you walk into an alert, or a lair, or a rampage. Even characters that do have con super-statted can still be one-shot by, say, Gravitar, if they don't back it up with enough other defenses.

Of course, if you don't plan on doing those, or you intend to just respec at level 40, then it makes a lot of sense to replace con with one of rec/end/int for better energy management at low levels where you don't have gear with decent amounts of cost reduction.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Gravi is gonna one (to two) shot anything not a tank one way or another with her RNG nonsense
    Going from 5k hp to 7k or 8k will significantly cut down on the risks of Gravitar, while she throws around the occasional 20k and 80k hits, most of what she has is smaller. Helps less in F&I, unless you're using active defense rotations. Mostly irrelevant in lairs, lairs tend to be small attack spam not big spikes so you just need healing.
  • makozmakoz Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    !mehyam ekil lla eW ?thgir ,snug ekil lla eW .cittA dliuB 'ssargeulB eht fo tsaeB no ereh derutaef reve krow fo eceip tsenif denmad eht tbuod dnoyeb si siht ,tcaf nI .niaga reve rehtona yalp ot tnaw ot gniog reven er'uoy doog denmad os dliub a htiw ssargeulB eht morf tsaeB oreh lanosrep dna retsamdliuB ruoy si siht - pu tuhs dna nwod tis ,snoinim thgirlA

!swaffug emos evah s'tel os ,"rethgual" tuohtiw "rethgualS" lleps t'nacuoY

B4_Manslaughter_zpsor9ijlay.jpg

RETHGUALSNAM
    naM-reggirT delioB-draH ,reyalS tnatuM ,namtiH lufgneV :stpecnoC
    (diloS raeG lateM) tolecO revloveR ,(namtaB) rekoJ ehT :fo ypoC a eB ot yalP
    (regnevA) enihcaM-redruM SPD EoA yvaeH :eloR

TROBA TROBA !GNILIAF SLOCOTORP LANOISNEMID-SNART !RORRE !RORRE!

Had to use a translator for this. Happy April 1st to you too! xD
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, it's been a busy week for the 'Basement!

Might/Telepathy.. who knew?

Awesome looking build. Looks like it could be a lot of fun! :biggrin:

Kind of wish I could get back in game so I can start cranking out new builds. :frown:
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • ne0nprimene0nprime Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just wanted to drop in and say that I'm having a ball with your chain build -- retconned a mid-range alt I wasn't happy with and have been enjoying the hell out of it. Thanks!
  • solardynamosolardynamo Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And to add, just leveled a "Nepenthe" build to 40 although I tweaked just a touch (swapped out summon shadows for theme). Really enjoyable chain build.

Now about "PsiLencer"...THAT is a thing of beauty. It can't even be appreciated written out. It's something that just needs to be experienced and it plays so well....deadly well. I used heirloom gear and still its a beast (pun both intended and not).
    inS6EEjxY0bBVXuqyVWD1NidpgxpduJXW5_YMzhL0zc?size=1280x960&size_mode=2
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Happy Spring Holiday, to those who celebrate it - and as a special treat, here's the first requested build from our viewers:

Well, here we go. I admit I didn't have high expectations here, but performance testing has proven me somewhat wrong. Sure, there are harder-hitting builds, but the damage on our new ghost-girl here is surprisingly good, and the energy management quite pleasing (though as we're going Supernatural,that's no surprise).

Kerbal Space Program just hit 1.0, so I won't be playing very much for the next few weeks, but this build looks perfect. I'll let you know how it works out for me when I get back to playing regularly.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Looking forward to the Gadgeteering DPS build!
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also, hopefully to no one's consternation, I'll be dropping "Play If You Like" from the future entries - sometimes thehardest thing to manage is finding examples!

That's too bad, I thought most of them were quite helpful and fairly accurate, at least the ones I recognized (I'm old).
  • friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    Any of your builds you'd run pvp for(like Westside Bash, Zombie and the Lava Temple) if applicable?
  • friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    Are you in-game atm? I'd like to if possible discuss more with you there.
  • rykus83rykus83 Posts: 337 Arc User
    Hi was wondering if you still have the build for Nocturne seem it was misplaced during the migration. And thanks for this forum cant wait to see what new stuff you have in store for us
    quick question about your nocturne build what mod sloting is best for your build?
  • satuul#4746 satuul Posts: 15 Arc User
    Great builds keep it up !! btw the dollface seems fun to play with it but i wonder is it a good choice for solo-leveling ?
    And would it be best to go dodge and avoidance or just gear defense?
    Can't really blame ya for the disgust. Between these recent PTS things and NW's mod 6 crap I'm not very happy w/ the direction Cryptic is taking their games atm. Enjoy ur break from the game, though- hope ya can have fun & relax.
    WB bluegrassbeast
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Welcome back, Bluegrassbeast
    I love Build-collection threads

Yes Gravity Driver is actual an Ultimate which worth a ****, and works perfectly for Elemental Builds, don't blame him for using it, it's his own build after all

Now for Kamikaze Intersting Build, it's identical to the one I use for my Lighting Arc + Hurricane
    Gear for Critical Chance, Dodge, and Cost Reduction; mod for Offense and Defense, with an even 2/2/2 in Ego/Con/Rec.

Hmm this is the part that concerns me, Dodge gear on a non-dodge build?
    Wouldn't the build get more benefits by Defense gear with the synergy of Rank 3 Fortified Gear (which I noticed you have rank 1 for that reason), The Best Defense and Aggressive Stance

I dunno, since the Dodge Nerf-- "Balance" -- I avoid gearing Dodge on non-dodge builds and I go Full Defense onion-13.gif
    Guardian/Warded +Vindicator helps balancing the character (yeah it's a boring combo, but seems to be the only SPEC combo worth it)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!