Options

Release Notes, 5/28

13»

Comments

• Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    The entire token system is screwed up as long as RNG rules it. And until its fixed justice gear will be only for lucky people.

I would like them to allow the tokens to be BoE.

I don't try too hard for top end gear. SCR gear is as far as i try. I have a few Legion pieces because I opened lockboxes. Otherwise, I'd just as soon AH these tokens. Let others who DO want them have an alternate means to acquire them.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    mrlunkovichmrlunkovich Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Rushing out a horribly done costume set while ignoring a small truckload of feed back, breaking simple existing costume pieces and character models with stealth patches that don't even fix what they were meant to, welcome to the new CO I guess.

And here I sit with a $100 gift card for my birthday, I could use it to get some stuff in STO or NW seeing how CO is apparently being used to train a new team of interns but that would still be money going to Cryptic/PWE when they clearly aren't earning it, guess I'll use it to resubscribe to DCUO for a year.

Also, any of you that think we aren't get the quality of development we should and that the powers that be are blowing us off, remember that Cryptic/PWE has a parent company ( Perfect World Co., Ltd. in Beijing ) and their website has support for customer complaints about any of their games or Subsidiaries. Like with any business, there is always an option to go over the heads of employees.

~I'm a figment of your imagination, a mass hallucination, only real because you feel I am~
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    And I think I'll just leave it here.

2zteg6p.jpg

Made entirely by extruding and flattening faces of the original mesh. Only breasts had to be deleted and rebuilt from the scratch. Would be much easier and faster if I could work with a base better than an already tesselated mesh captured from my VGA memory.
    Obviously has no textures whatsoever.

And here goes proposition for Cryptic and PWE:

Enable player's modding for CO.

Release a base body meshes, skeleton, UV templates and a design document precising standards how things are hooked together, what's scaled what way, what are affordable polygon budgets per piece and texture resolutions, if normals are Y+ or Y- and details like that.

Obviously it will not be possible to use player's help with creating or repairing paid Z-Store costumes and the only use of fan made costumes will be to have them as free parts.

But it's not like players will have ability to put ingame anything you don't want there, since whatever produced by fans for fans will still have to be evaluated.

And it still will take less time to review some fanmade parts that look like they could fit standards. Which leaves you with more times and resources for producing less costumes, but having more time to polish them.

Instead of ending with situations where your developers know that the costume is far from being completed, but it's pushed to live only to meet the deadlines. And in the end everyone's losing and nobody's happy.

Because it's not in human power to complete any task in a proper manner under such circumstances.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They should simply fix the broken system. One GUARANTEED token per account per 3 day rampage rotation.

Because I think these are mutually exclusive. :biggrin:

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    onlyepicwolfonlyepicwolf Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Best suggestion of the month.

Which won't happen.
  • Options
    onlyepicwolfonlyepicwolf Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Suggestions never happen. not anything new.

Innit. (obligatory +10 characters to reply)
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    (Good thing I copied this to the clipboard before a mod with an itchy trigger finger closed a thread under me.)

Earlier in this thread, I pointed out how STO postponed a Featured Episode release for a week to fix some last-minute bugs, and NW was doing a post-release review after their community pointed out serious concerns with Elemental Evil. Meanwhile, CO just shipped a C-store costume with known errors and broke unrelated costume parts in the process.

I see two possible problems with Cryptic's process here, both of which have more to do with corporate culture than revenue:

1: The QA department is asleep at the switch. I don't know if they're concentrating on STO and NW or if they're just on a late spring break, but that inverted displacement map bug never should have made it to production. If somebody was expecting PTS participants to regression test tangentially related costume features, then something broke down in the internal QA process.

2: "Who cares? It's only CO." I'm sure there are pockets of that among Cryptic's rank and file, especially in Los Gatos. CO used to be Somebody Else's Problem, that somebody being Cryptic North, but now it's theirs. And at the rank and file level, I'm kinda OK with that. When a company or project gets big enough, low-priority tasks slip into the "I don't even want to think about that until the product planners put it on the schedule" category. Once the product planners do put it on the schedule, however, they'll expect the same quality that high-priority tasks receive. And if the product planners don't, the project director will, or the division VP, or somebody else up the org chart. Except in the case of the Variable Robot set, nobody up the org chart did.

I really hope that I'm wrong about this, and this week's build was just a consequence of the move back to Los Gatos. Because the alternative sends a very negative message about this game's present and future.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The entire token system is screwed up as long as RNG rules it. And until its fixed justice gear will be only for lucky people.

I would love if we could buy Justice gear components with drifter salvage. It would make lockboxes more appealing for players to open.