What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes, 5/28

Comments

• Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Chances are there was a deadline and like or not deadlines must be met.

It sucks -- but we all know that businesses will push a product out the door and fix it later. It's not just a CO problem. It's why things like hotfixes, recalls, and patches exist. Because on paper it will look like they met the promised release date.

I guess I'm being a bit of an apologist right now.. but I'm ok with that.

Remember PWE just laid off a bunch of developers. I wouldn't want to be the employee responsible for not delivering a promised release on time if I worked there.

The set is out in the wild and what's done is done. Lengthy posts and outrage will do nothing to change that it.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    But. There's one thing that every other wing in the game has in common - they're all angled away from the body so they won't clip with the arms. This set, though? The plane of the "wings" is flat to the back, so that even standing in one place, the elbows cut right through them, especially on the left side. (Lots of things seem to mostly affect the left side, oddly enough.)
    Weeeelll...
    It got "fixed" in implementation on live. Kiiiinda.
    On females at least those back styrofoam-cutout-wanna-be-wings are now scaled down and moved away from the body...
    Which makes them hover behind your back. Hey, it's a fix at least. :biggrin:
    Or, hopefuly, a placeholder fix before the next patch.

But I'm really more concerned with randomly inverted normals on random chest tights... It's a bit more serious than some fringe costume set, for now. :confused:
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't hate the game.

With the constant reaming, it sure seems like hate to me. But whatever lies help you sleep at night.

A few people around here don't know the difference between criticism and full on puppy kicker mode.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    onlyepicwolfonlyepicwolf Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    Honestly in this case both actions make sense. We want to make a point. We are tired of half finished, ugly and broken costumes, ESPECIALLY when they are STILL putting the name of the "Designer" on it as if it's ANYTHING like Meeda intended.

They could have but it became their property when it was submitted, more so when it was realized as a costume set. They can do whatever they want with it. They chose to credit him for the design even if they released it in the state that its in.

Pretty hilarious situation all things considered.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    sterga wrote: »
    With the constant reaming, it sure seems like hate to me. But whatever lies help you sleep at night.
    Cry me a river. Have problems, don't look at my posts. You feeling unhappy will hardly make me stop.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Costumes:
    - Added Cloth/Leather/Metal materials to the Aztec Headdress.

Known issues:
    - Several pieces in the Variable Robot have noticeable seams. This will be fixed in a build planned to hit PTS Thursday afternoon, and hopefully the fix will go live next week.

Well, that's nice at least.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    riverocean shows who's really to blame:

It sucks -- but we all know that businesses will push a product out the door and fix it later.

Yay. Thank you Microsoft for revealing that people will accept this stupid business model. :frown:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sterga, this is a supers game. About half of the appeal, maybe more, is the cool-looking costumes.

And this costume is not cool. It's shoddy. It's half-assed. It's what I'd expect to see from an indie developer trying to get a Kickstarter underway, not from Cryptic Studios. And if we just "let it go", we're saying that it's okay that the work is this bad.

It's not okay, and I for one won't just let it slide.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, it's out now, and since in the end they flat out refused to include the heavy/weapon parts, I'm not even going to bother with it. (Those where the selling points for me)
    edited May 2015
    I set up and save this costume.
    uQSQKIv.png

But I'm unsure about making this purchase so I go back to my original costume, get an eye full, and then click to a new costume slot and load up the costume I just saved...and get this...

JctpXZq.png

Now, I'm not Sherlock Holmes, but I'm fairly certain something is different about these two pictures.
    Maybe our next Costume Set will give us a clue.

For now I'm not being sold a costume set, I'm reporting a bug in two functions that are so common they are the first two functions available in the first menu of almost every program: "Save" and "Open". If the CO tailor was Notepad and I saved "Dear Mom, Camp is fine, the food isn't bad, the girls don't shave." I would be loading "Dear Camp, fine food don't shave." the next time I sat down to finish my letter home.

That's just silly. Load the data as it is saved, give the warning "Hey you don't own this costume set" again. Glaring ugly bugs like this are like forgetting to zip your pants up and then offering someone a wet handshake.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well I certainly feel like an idiot for thinking it would be fixed...oh well.

I will continue to be an idiot and think they will fix it after making the mistake of releasing it as is. Then I will buy it. Good thing is, I will have enough free zen to buy it by that time :).
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Another sad day for the CO Community

This costume set was bastarized compared to the original concept art and it looks awful,
    I'm sad they complety ignore the Laser Blade and Handguns bracers the concept art had, heck they ignored a lot of stuff

Meedacthunist has EVERY Right to be upset about this subject

The Quality of Z store costumes is getting worse!

Oh and just because we Love the game, that doesn't mean we have to be blind and ignore it's Flaws and DEVs' desicions about it
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    No, my assessment is: "buy it if you want it for whatever reason that may be."

I'm not buying it, but I'm not going to point fingers and shame anyone who does...because it is their decision and I have no right telling them otherwise.

So don't buy their shoddy product, keep it up and they will get the message. Since you're not alone in your opinions many people will probably follow suit. No witch hunts required.

I'm not denying that you CAN buy if you want it, no matter its' condition. I'm saying you SHOULDN'T buy it because ... (read above) IT AFFECTS US ALL when "they"(read:Devs) keep doing this. If "they" don't get the message that "they" shouldn't do this, "they" will keep doing this.

You, and others, need to stop deflecting this with a RIGHT to do what "you" want. It's not that simple and you should know this. It's the reason I am continuing to discuss this. If more people follow your lead in this, then "they" never get the correct message. That being we shouldn't have to put with the release of an unfinished product. Promises of future intent, notwithstanding.

Of course I'm not naive to believe that this doesn't occur all over the business world. I don't have a "forum" for the rest of the business world. I have one here. I don't like the trend we've seen for years. Will it change? Not on it's own. Just voting with the wallet is one way. SAYING something about it helps to DEFINE what i'm voting for.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    meeoeoowie wrote: »
    A lot of random tights/skins are now seemingly broken, the muscle layer having inverted(?) texture work much like the urban anime tube top skin has/had. It's on live, it has instantly ruined a lot of looks and I'm worried. Please respond anytime soon?
    And now a slew or other costume details for tights have broken inverted normals. Like padded jumpsuit, banded basic, scalloped.

I'm sure other players will find more of them:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4771591#post4771591

Hotfix needed, asap.

Quoting these because of the importance.

Any chance of a fix asap?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    onlyepicwolfonlyepicwolf Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh god, they broke the tights indeed- so many have inverted normals, ahahahahaha
  • Options
    xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    warcanch wrote: »
    I'm not denying that you CAN buy if you want it, no matter its' condition. I'm saying you SHOULDN'T buy it because ... (read above) IT AFFECTS US ALL when "they"(read:Devs) keep doing this. If "they" don't get the message that "they" shouldn't do this, "they" will keep doing this.

You, and others, need to stop deflecting this with a RIGHT to do what "you" want. It's not that simple and you should know this. It's the reason I am continuing to discuss this. If more people follow your lead in this, then "they" never get the correct message. That being we shouldn't have to put with the release of an unfinished product. Promises of future intent, notwithstanding.

Of course I'm not naive to believe that this doesn't occur all over the business world. I don't have a "forum" for the rest of the business world. I have one here. I don't like the trend we've seen for years. Will it change? Not on it's own. Just voting with the wallet is one way. SAYING something about it helps to DEFINE what i'm voting for.

Show them by not buying the set, which is what I intend to do...

Don't blame the players by scolding them for it, put the blame where it belongs and simply don't buy it. Be vocal about your displeasure, be honest about your opinions...but don't blame this on players who look at the set as is and think "wow those boots would really look neat on my big robot dude, or gosh I really could use that head on this concept for a character I have... these particular pieces seem reasonably unbroken and I got money to burn."
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    riverocean wrote: »
    Chances are there was a deadline and like or not deadlines must be met.

It sucks -- but we all know that businesses will push a product out the door and fix it later. It's not just a CO problem. It's why things like hotfixes, recalls, and patches exist. Because on paper it will look like they met the promised release date.

I guess I'm being a bit of an apologist right now.. but I'm ok with that.

Remember PWE just laid off a bunch of developers. I wouldn't want to be the employee responsible for not delivering a promised release on time if I worked there.

The set is out in the wild and what's done is done. Lengthy posts and outrage will do nothing to change that it.

Your customers won't remember if you shipped a good product a little bit late.
    Your customers won't forget if you shipped s*** on time.

That is my first and last word on the subject.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    wanderingmaniawanderingmania Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just what we need yet another "hat" we have to buy with real money. What about all the lvl 40s that are quitting because they are getting sick and tired of farming rampages and getting stiffed on the "Justice Gear" parts?

Screw them, screw us right? Because we only pay your fees and get slapped in the face for it.

We want bug fixes, new content (that is not a new outfit of some kind), and more things to do.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sterga, this is a supers game. About half of the appeal, maybe more, is the cool-looking costumes.

And this costume is not cool. It's shoddy. It's half-assed. It's what I'd expect to see from an indie developer trying to get a Kickstarter underway, not from Cryptic Studios. And if we just "let it go", we're saying that it's okay that the work is this bad.

It's not okay, and I for one won't just let it slide.

I think Jon said it best here.

I honestly took a week off from the game when the Variable set came out on PTS. I tested the set and logged off.

What really got me was the first comment of "no new materials will be added"

It really bothered me because this is why I play this game. If I can't have decent costumes what is the point? I have really contemplated leaving the game. Not becuase of the costume but the direction it seems the "quality" is headed. I've loved this game for a long time and perhaps it's that time.
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xydaxyda wrote: »
    Show them by not buying the set, which is what I intend to do...

Don't blame the players by scolding them for it, put the blame where it belongs and simply don't buy it. Be vocal about your displeasure, be honest about your opinions...but don't blame this on players who look at the set as is and think "wow those boots would really look neat on my big robot dude, or gosh I really could use that head on this concept for a character I have... these particular pieces seem reasonably unbroken and I got money to burn."

Not good enough for some of our crusaders around here, apparently.

Hey, everyone remember when Holoforce came out? And we all praised it and loved it and said how awesome it looked (all of which was true), and then damn near everybody bought it immediately?

So you no doubt remember that because of what we did with our money, they got the message about the quality we expect, and after that they only released beautiful costumes with no clipping issues, six materials available, unlimited categories, and terrific utility.

Hah, wait, no, that didn't happen. Throw a *****-fit about the set if you want, boycott it if you want, hell, even criticize other people for buying it if you want. But you should at least know that you're not going to make any difference with your crusade, and that you're just being an ******* towards other people for absolutely no reason. Obviously, many of you can live with that.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    nextnametaken thinks he discovered something?:

For now I'm not being sold a costume set, I'm reporting a bug in two functions that are so common they are the first two functions available in the first menu of almost every program: "Save" and "Open". If the CO tailor was Notepad and I saved "Dear Mom, Camp is fine, the food isn't bad, the girls don't shave." I would be loading "Dear Camp, fine food don't shave." the next time I sat down to finish my letter home.

I don't think that's a bug. It's been that way at least since I started playing. They don't save costumes with parts you don't own. And that makes sense.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    wanderingmania makes me wonder:

What about all the lvl 40s that are quitting because they are getting sick and tired of farming rampages and getting stiffed on the "Justice Gear" parts?

A lot of those are there? And you know this...how?
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just for the record, near to completing my 14th set of justice gear. Getting tokens doesn't seem to be an issue, at least for me.
    Just what we need yet another "hat" we have to buy with real money. What about all the lvl 40s that are quitting because they are getting sick and tired of farming
    rampages and getting stiffed on the "Justice Gear" parts?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Just for the record, near to completing my 14th set of justice gear. Getting tokens doesn't seem to be an issue, at least for me.
    The main problem is that Sky Command and Lemurian Invasion are tedious and don't pop all that often.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

Well lucky you then. For over a year I have not seen a single part drop from Sky Command, 1 diamond drop from Gravitar, and 3 scales drop from the invasion.

This last run of Sky command I farmed it every day it was up on my healer and I got diddly squat. Not a problem you say?
    As far as I have heard "only the top two damage dealers get part drops in each match" so where dose that leave healer toons? Keeping the team and (in SC) the match alive for nothing.

I'm sorry but I am starting to get very angry with this non-stop slapping of my face by cryptic/PWE/ARC or who ever still "runs" this game (into the ground).
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The New Price Tiers with examples:

375 ZEN – Swamp King. These are older sets, usually less polished and with a relatively small list of pieces. We’re cutting the prices of similar sets, making them more accessible.

600 ZEN – Patterned Armor. These sets are polished and have a creative hook, something that stirs your imagination and gets you brainstorming.

750 ZEN – Wizard and Witch. You could easily create a dozen different richly-imagined, unique costumes with just this one set. These sets are very polished and detailed, and took quite a bit of effort to get all the modeling just right.

1000 ZEN –Holo-Force Armor, and the Power Armor Bundle. This tier will have the bundle packs, and the best of the best costume sets: The 750 tier is the inner ring, but this is the bullseye. These costume sets have a special spark to them that sets them apart, like the Holo-Force’s special textures. Because they push the envelope, though, they need more iteration and work. This tier is hyper-exclusive, to the point that only a handful were even nominated to get in; these costume sets are the face of the C-Store.

50 ZEN – Emblem packs: These are fun customization, especially with pieces like the Headphones from the gold member rewards. We want them to be an easy purchase, like a pack of gum.

Note: The new tier-based C-store pricing is in effect to showcase the amount of work that went into this set. This set is priced in the high tier 750Z category for its very polished and detailed look, as well as taking quite a bit of effort to get the modeling just right.

Please refer to my list of Commandments to avoid Costume Design Sins

For the curious, this is the quality you're being told to accept. The tights included in this set (which are only available in metal texture) are green. The rest of the set is portrayed in black to highlight clipping issues. It clips with itself:

Yd8wKfb.gif
    TBfagX2.gif
    Unless we're just fixing everything by toning down older costumes to the VR level, lol. :biggrin:

Quoted for comedic value.

If you are considering purchasing this set, please also be aware that all pieces (except the tights) have the design sins of baked-in colours and colour bleeding as shown in the PTS thread.

As far as details go, the majority of detailing went into the head, belt, and the front cockpit of the chest piece. Everything else is just flat polygons. It's very inconsistent, like the plug was pulled before it could be completed. The head is probably the only good piece in this set, and that's a stretch given all the problems highlighted with colouring.

Where the head shines (and I'm not sure if this should be taken as praise for adhering to the standard expections of how a piece should behave), is that it actually adheres to the face sliders. It's clear that whoever made the head knew how to attach it to the sliders. Because of how badly the body pieces scale, it's as if the rest of it was picked up and made by a person of completely different design experience.

LUWskWr.jpg
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And in the name of being blunt I would like to point out that if you criticize the things presented to you because you do not like it....yeah, that's fine. This set has mistakes all over it, fair enough. If you flat out start making accusational personal attacks against people who screwed something up hinting that it's deliberate, malicious, a scam, and they're just doo doo meany heads....then you're an idiot. No nice way to put that. It's just bringing my joke about the July Gold Vendor Tinfoil Hat that closer to reality.

There is no grand Champions Online Conspirary to fleece the masses as part of the plans of the evil overlords. It's just a new person in WAY over their heads and a schedule which had to be met. Now is it unfortunate and likely a PR nightmare unfolding in this community...well yeah. There are, IMO, multiple better ways in which this could have been handled...but that's why they call them mistakes.
    Your customers won't remember if you shipped a good product a little bit late.
    Actually, it's been my experiences in CO over the years that when things are delayed and the end results are positive that players, at least vets, will not only remember but will point these things out as positive examples. The same holds true for something like Foxbatcon which, instead of just being flipped on like a switch after many years, ended up with actual "NEW" additions. Now it is true that some people choose to focus more on the negatives and there are likely going to be some of the "Bitter CoXers" hitting the internet to spread the word of how horrible this is and how the playerbase is "enraged and quitting in waves" but those people likely would have reacted in that way regardless of the outcome.

So, IMO, the REAL TEST here is how New/Old Cryptic handles "At a Future Date" and how promptly the new bugs are addressed. Which, as many of us are more than used to by this point, means it's waiting game time....once again. So sit back, get comfy, and just realize that until something more official happens in this issue people likely won't be spending money on this and we'll see less Seekers ingame for the momment. Yes, this kinda sucks but it's also a chance for us to witness how New/Old Cryptic recovers from a fumble....if they recover from the fumble. For the health and betterment of this game I am hoping they recover miraculously but only time will truly tell.

So....get popcorn. :cool:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Not good enough for some of our crusaders around here, apparently.

Hey, everyone remember when Holoforce came out? And we all praised it and loved it and said how awesome it looked (all of which was true), and then damn near everybody bought it immediately?

So you no doubt remember that because of what we did with our money, they got the message about the quality we expect, and after that they only released beautiful costumes with no clipping issues, six materials available, unlimited categories, and terrific utility.

Hah, wait, no, that didn't happen. Throw a *****-fit about the set if you want, boycott it if you want, hell, even criticize other people for buying it if you want. But you should at least know that you're not going to make any difference with your crusade, and that you're just being an ******* towards other people for absolutely no reason. Obviously, many of you can live with that.

I can live with that label.

I don't think i've thrown a fit about this issue. I have criticized. But, I know where the majority of the blame lays.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    sterga wrote: »

A few people around here don't know the difference between criticism and full on puppy kicker mode.

You're really suggesting the level of detail meedacthunist put into feedback is indicative of hating this game?

There is no logical reason someone who hates this game would put so much effort into seeing it improved, toward fighting its decline.

You didn't actually read any of meedacthunist's extensive reports on this costume set's bugs. That's apparent from any of your replies in which you replace the quoted text with "blah blah blah" and respond with mockery.

For your own sake, stop embarrassing yourself. Defending Cryptic's bad behaviour makes you an enabler in this game's decline.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The fact that this patch disrupted other existing costume pieces is a huge problem.

It's bad enough that the Skin texture for Arcane Tattoos Head disappeared a patches ago.

Please stop damaging existing costume parts with new releases.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The only tokens which I can get reliably are diamonds.

I currently have 2 full sets of justice gear, 2 partial sets with 2 pieces, and one character with only one piece, however I have given up regular rampage farming because the queues are dead most of the day, and when it DOES pop it either drops no token, or another ()@)( diamond.

I have a HUGE pile of diamonds. Can I haz BEARING now??? Just once stupid Sky Command.

Again lucky you. Know how many "sets" I have? 0 Know how many pieces of gear I have? 0

With the game on a rapid decline any way with only a possibility of about 500 active players, with the rampage queue's being dead or taking 30+ minuets just to try and get a part, then reliably getting nothing. Just to start at step 1, why make it so hard to obtain still? Up the drop rates to drop a part at least 50% of the time. Hell it might even bring back some of the older players who got tired of the same thing over and over and getting a slap in the face for the effort.

Not to mention the bugs. Oh boy the bug. The other day I was running an adventure pack with a team and it bugged out not once, not twice, but THREE times in less than 20 minuets. Making the team mates that only had enough time to play it through leave because it was reliably glitching.

Adding nothing more than "new" outfits all the time (that contain bugs themselves) is only compacting the problems and making things worse. They need to fix the bugs make the content that is in the game already work, and accessible. In adding "more useless crap" that you have to pay more for shows me one thing. Cryptic/PWE/ARC or who ever is in charge of the updates only cares about 1 thing, Their wallets.

If they make the game work as intended, people would be more willing to spend some money on it. Like the old saying goes. "If you build it, they will come. If you fix it, they will stay."
  • Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The fact that this patch disrupted other existing costume pieces is a huge problem.

It's bad enough that the Skin texture for Arcane Tattoos Head disappeared a patches ago.

Please stop damaging existing costume parts with new releases.

This news saddens me the most. ;_; I really wanted to change my character's design but I can't because that means her face tats vanish >_>
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Stuff and things.

I said there was a difference between being a cynical jackass and criticism.

I didn't really say much of anything about the set other than the wire-frame was pretty close, the textures were boring, and the clipping was icky. How is that defending Cryptic? No seriously, please explain why I should be embarrassed by my inability to be a flaming d-bag every time a dev isn't perfect.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Voting with the wallet and sticking to the man are 2 different things.

A BOYCOTT is when people refuse to buy products to make an Ideological point.

Voting with your wallet occurs when people do not like a product or feel the quality of said product is not worth the money.

Honestly in this case both actions make sense. We want to make a point. We are tired of half finished, ugly and broken costumes, ESPECIALLY when they are STILL putting the name of the "Designer" on it as if it's ANYTHING like Meeda intended.

"Voting with wallets", "sticking it to the man" and boycotting are synonymous with each other given the context of the situation. I'm not really interested in arguing the semantics behind the terms.

By all means feel free to make a point to Cryptic for releasing a shoddy product and letting them know that it's unacceptable. It doesn't mean the player with the grievance is entitled to act like a **** towards other players who aren't rallying under their banner. No one has an obligation to others to ensure other people's personal enjoyment with the game, as long as they're not being trolls towards others. That's something some of the "crusaders" in the thread are doing otherwise.

Let's put it this way. If it was done ingame, with someone going up to another person using the variable robot pieces and telling them how they're destroying the game and their personal investment in it, the person making that accusation would come across as nothing more than an obnoxious ***hat and be probably told to **** right off. I know I would, but before anyone decides to act uppity with me, I'm still holding back any intention to buy the set until I see whatever it is Cryptic is going to do to try to improve it.
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh hey! Guess what else broke this patch! The female torso geometry - the shoulder blades now bulge out to the back, clipping through most of the thinner chest wear options.
  • Options
    merloidermerloider Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And now a slew or other costume details for tights have broken inverted normals. Like padded jumpsuit, banded basic, scalloped.

I'm sure other players will find more of them:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4771591#post4771591

Hotfix needed, asap.

Unless we're just fixing everything by toning down older costumes to the VR level, lol. :biggrin:

Yes, a fix for the above please.

Also, I'm afraid I agree with those whom are concerned about the Variable Armour costume. If the fixes weren't in, it shouldn't have been shipped. You do risk losing sales by damaging people's perceptions of what to expect out of costumes going forward. Prices went up..

.. and then this happened.

Myself, I'm going to take a wait and see approach. After all, I'm looking at Mad Scientist Pencil Skirt with a schluffy right flank, Pharoh Tech that clips through the right arm when wearing plain tights, and Cowboy Chaps from 2010 that one can see through from the rear.. and more.

But, the Urban Anime chest wear tube top stopped bleeding flesh so there is hope. d('-' )
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OK, I wasn't done after all. One of these things is not like the other:
    Last week we announced that we were going to release a new Featured Episode, "House Pegh," on May 21st, and that it would be our next chapter in the continuing Iconian War story arc. Due to a critical technical issue, we are unable to update the game with new builds with tomorrow’s maintenance. While we have a great mission in-house, we aren’t able to get the changes that make it that way onto the live server tomorrow.

The inability to integrate these changes for our update has led me to delay the release of the episode until May 28th, which is our next standard weekly maintenance. We could release the episode as it sits on our current build, but after a leads playtest today we determined that we would rather wait a week and release the episode as it is intended to be.
    While I can understand there may be frustration in waiting an additional week for content that was previously announced, I hope everyone can understand the reasons behind this decision and that our goal is to deliver a polished and fun mission.

-- Steve Ricossa, "Star Trek Online: House Pegh Updates", 20 May 2015
    One of my first tasks, after getting settled with my new team, is to take a hard look at Elemental Evil and see what was done right and what needs improvement. I’m reading through all of the player feedback from a wide variety of sources, and forming a picture of where the game stands. In the coming weeks and months, our team will use this to shift Neverwinter from where it is now into what we feel is a far better place. Most of our goals are to make the game better by improving the aspects noted below, while others will bring the game closer to matching the growth of our players and our original vision for Neverwinter.
    We are aware that mistakes were made with this release, and for that I would like to apologize. We understand the frustration and are actively working to make positive adjustments. Things won’t change immediately, but they will improve over time. Thank you for understanding and giving me the time to help identify and address the issues important to the community.

-- Scott Shicoff, "Neverwinter: Looking into Elemental Evil", 22 Apr 2015
    Several pieces in the Variable Robot have noticeable seams. This will be fixed in a build planned to hit PTS Thursday afternoon, and hopefully the fix will go live next week.

-- Trailturtle, "Release Notes, 5/28", 27 May 2015

If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    Purged the thread. Let's stay constructive.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    What in the bajeezus is going on with people in this thread?

Edit: Part of me thinks a rollback would be extreme, but the rest of me has this sinking feeling that the old costume pieces that this build broke will remain that way for a very long, long time.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    All we can do is to inform players IN GAME that the set is trash now and that they should wait for it to get fixed before buying it.
  • Options
    numaman1990numaman1990 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why inform the folks in game that a costume that is going to get fixes finished in a week is trash so soon?
    You guys make no sense sometimes and always get what you want but in the end demand it to be re worked or re rolled or something :/
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why inform the folks in game that a costume that is going to get fixes finished in a week is trash so soon?
    You guys make no sense sometimes and always get what you want but in the end demand it to be re worked or re rolled or something :/

Because I don't want someone making a store purchase that was released intentionally broken without being aware of the situation. You know, so they don't regret it and quit the game. We can't afford players that actually make purchases to be lost.

What makes no sense is why you don't understand that.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This incident just confirm my Fear for the future of the CO

WILL it get fixed? Will it?

It didn't got fixed while it was on PTS and it was pushed on live in the current state while Ignoring, Once Again, Critical Feedback

Will it get fixed like all the Bugged Z-store costume pieces which never got fixed?
    Because we don't want people to waste 750 Zen in a Buggy Broken Low Quality costume set which doesn't deserve its full price

the costume was horrible from the begining, the Creator of the Concept art was more than dissapointed with the result, not to mention Cryptic didn't stay faitheful with the original concept
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wasn't this going to be listed as 1000 Zen?
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In my experience this is dead wrong. Now a days for F&I I bring my two healers almost exclusively and have no problems getting tokens. I also bring healers to Gravitar (mostly when I get fed up because no one else does) and also get tokens. I have very few toons that ever would be in the top two damage dealers.

Yes, SC and LI can take a long time to pop these days. When I want to go for a token for those I usually am doing one of my other regular sedentary activities that can occur near my computer. E.g. reading a book or catching up on online news, watching a movie, catching up on emails, paying bills or other paperwork. This way I don't lose time waiting around. While I am writing this note I'm waiting for Gravitar to pop.

I really don't know why others have so much trouble getting tokens, but for me it is a non issue.
    As far as I have heard "only the top two damage dealers get part drops in each match" so where dose that leave healer toons? Keeping the team and (in SC) the match alive for nothing.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    because some people just don 't make the RNG roll.

It's already been worked out on another thread, that it's a max of 5 tokens per run.
    so automatically 5 people get nothing.
    Then you make your roll and see if you get enough. if you don't, again nothing.
    then diminishing returns per run hits.

me I have 1 scale and 1 bearing. I have always had a problem with RNG drops, regardless of game.
    gravitar I've done most and got nothing. Even costumes I get very rarely, that's after the increased drop rate.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!