Install Arc
Options

Maintenance, 4/7 @ 6 am PDT

2»

Comments

• Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2015
    Side question: Could someone try going to https://secure.crypticstudios.com/champions/subscriptions/edit?sub_type=S-CO? It isn't loading for me.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Side question: Could someone try going to https://secure.crypticstudios.com/champions/subscriptions/edit?sub_type=S-CO? It isn't loading for me.
    Won't load here either. Firefox just tosses me up a "Problem Loading Page" screen.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    melangraenmelangraen Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not loading for me either. I use Chrome if that helps.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Not loading for me, TT.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ok. Launcher finially kicked in (after a long boot up time),
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The launcher took a long time for me to load up but I am in the game now. I am in club caprice and it looks like I am getting smoothness so far. Will keep you posted.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Gotcha, thanks for checking the website, much appreciated. Will send it to the engies.

EDIT: Also, we're aware there's lag going on. It doesn't seem to affect everyone, but it's a problem in STO as well -- we're investigating.
  • Options
    markofthelexanmarkofthelexan Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    site worked for me O.o

-Edit-
    i use chrome

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    had the issue for a long time gradii, i assume its known but then the arc site has a few issues all over it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    YAY for in game, just got this.

Global chat server is offline.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Same. Global chat is offline.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    he's still got his convention so he needs a slap ^,..,^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Chat server is being worked on now -- we took down one of the servers it connects to do work on it. Technically the chat server itself is fine.
  • Options
    magemighty1magemighty1 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's not just chat - it's everything social.
    Friends lists are down, zone lists, SG - the works.

My main character is Blackflight
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It's not just chat - it's everything social.
    Friends lists are down, zone lists, SG - the works.

That makes sense, since it's the connecting server, not the chat server itself.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    Same here, Chrome also.

On a side note for the past week ARC and that site have been thinking my computer is a new machine each and every time I log on.

That a known issue? entering the code each time is getting annoying.

Website works for me all fine, but about the ARC issue, I don't use so won't kown, but that website has just asked me for dat code, but first time I been on it so.

Edit: CO Launcher works all fine for me now
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Looks like chat is working again.
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    melangraen wrote: »
    Looks like chat is working again.

Nope, chat is still down
    Psi.
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cryneting wrote: »
    Nope, chat is still down

nope...it's workin here...the SG is aruging over what type of milkshake is better....
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Chat servers seems to be partly down, I can't connect pidgin, it keeps giving me the following error:

(20:53:31) proxy: Connecting to crypticspace.com:5222 with no proxy
    (20:53:31) proxy: Connection in progress
    (20:53:33) proxy: Connecting to crypticspace.com:5222.
    (20:53:33) proxy: Error connecting to crypticspace.com:5222 (Connection refused.).
    (20:53:33) proxy: Connection attempt failed: Connection refused.

/edit
    Pidgin is working
  • Options
    kirsroskirsros Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    http://prntscr.com/6qutda
    So when I enter in my password, the launcher freezes for like ten seconds and this happens. GG, Cryptic North.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    kirsros wrote: »
    http://prntscr.com/6qutda
    So when I enter in my password, the launcher freezes for like ten seconds and this happens. GG, Cryptic North.
    Where are you logging in from? I didn't encounter any issues when I logged in about an hour ago.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    edited April 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Where are you logging in from? I didn't encounter any issues when I logged in about an hour ago.
    My laptop? Regardless, Installing ARC so I can reinstall CO.
  • Options
    doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    CO is online game. It does require portion of your bandwidth to work.

You don't say!
    I was obviously talking about lag that normally isn't there. The game itself was lagging as hell the last 3 to 4 days, I think since the last maintenance, to the point I had a couple of times to just stop playing and close it for a while.

For now, the launcher and MC took a bit longer to load, but in-game it seems it's working normally.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    My laptop? Regardless, Installing ARC so I can reinstall CO.
    I meant your approximate geographic location - you might encounter different issues logging in from, say, northern Europe than from the southeastern US.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Are you ever going to do Anything about the SNR issues that alot of players keep getting.....before and after this maint hit. I've disconnected 3 times in 10minutes now ¬_¬

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I meant your approximate geographic location - you might encounter different issues logging in from, say, northern Europe than from the southeastern US.

Ohh, geographical-wise I'm in the Chicagoland area. CO was working just fine for me yesterday.
  • Options
    msdelilahdisplymsdelilahdisply Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just got home several hours after maintenance, and I can't even get the launcher to load up. I've verified on every computer in the house. All any of us can get is a chronic "updating launcher" message. Is the server down again?
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dTDTunm.png

Unable to login. After entering credentials and hitting Login, the launcher hangs at this. "Attempting to connect to controller tracker.." It has never done this before today's maintenance.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Logged in again, completed "Keep On Trucking" and "Built Ferd Tough" with my new toon Warder. No issues on this end. Chat works, too. So I dunno why some folks are having trouble, but it's not system-wide at least.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Login seems to be working again.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ^ No it's not. Still getting the same problem
  • Options
    msdelilahdisplymsdelilahdisply Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ^ No it's not. Still getting the same problem

I can now get to the launcher, after several hours of "unable to find patch server" messages. However, now it says "unable to authenticate" to my login attempts. So strange that this problem is not universal! We seem to be having a number of different permutations of login difficulties. :confused:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I can now get to the launcher, after several hours of "unable to find patch server" messages. However, now it says "unable to authenticate" to my login attempts. So strange that this problem is not universal! We seem to be having a number of different permutations of login difficulties. :confused:

I've tried the following:

•Uninstalling/Reinstalling
    •Checking my router trace
    •resetting my modem
    •Running as administrator
    •Allowing CO as an exception to my anti-virus

All to no avail.

Does CN just not want my money anymore?
  • Options
    thenightwitchthenightwitch Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unable to Authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out.

still going on?!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Unable to Authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out.

still going on?!

More or less. I was able to get on for a while, but now I'm back at square one.
  • Options
    shadowruin8shadowruin8 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well the game was working for me all day until about 5 minutes ago. I started to do the foxbat mission where you go to his apartment. Everything was good up until i got to the loading screen. I got taken out of the game due to "Lost Connection to GameServer." Now what really made me curious was when that happened I kept trying to come here to post but for some reason my internet was SUPER slow after this happened. It may be my computer, but usually it can run up to 3 windows and 2 games at one time without a problem. The cause of that may have been a freak coincedence that happened at the same time on my side, but just thought i would throw that out there.
  • Options
    zorroazul33zorroazul33 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have the same problems.

After severals failed attempts to log in and the same message "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out", a couple of times the play button appears and then it says: "can't connect to server (3)".

I do really hope they can fix it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Login is no longer working. I spoke too soon.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We're white-gloving CO now.

White Gloving? what is that? a Michael Jackson. O.-.o
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    rtma wrote: »
    Reference to an old method of inspection of housework or military barracks maintenance - wear white gloves, and run a finger along normally-unseen surfaces (the tops of picture frames, behind vases, etc) to make sure they've been dusted. If the details have been missed, something important might have been as well.

(It's related to the famous "no green M&Ms"-style demands in rock group's venue contracts - if tiny details like that are missed, you'd best doublecheck the pyrotechnics and whatnot to make sure somebody didn't mess those up too.)

In context, before putting the servers back online, they like to run a last check for the errors that often crop up during restarts - running a metaphorical white glove over the processes.

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rtma wrote: »

Oppose to blue gloving which I believe requires you to *cough*
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Gives a whole new (and even less pleasant) meaning to "Two by two, hands of blue..." :tongue:

• Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Reference to an old method of inspection of housework or military barracks maintenance - wear white gloves, and run a finger along normally-unseen surfaces (the tops of picture frames, behind vases, etc) to make sure they've been dusted. If the details have been missed, something important might have been as well.

(It's related to the famous "no green M&Ms"-style demands in rock group's venue contracts - if tiny details like that are missed, you'd best doublecheck the pyrotechnics and whatnot to make sure somebody didn't mess those up too.)

In context, before putting the servers back online, they like to run a last check for the errors that often crop up during restarts - running a metaphorical white glove over the processes.

Oh I see, Thank you.

Meet the Medic. o.3.o
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."