test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance, 4/7 @ 6 am PDT

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited April 2015 in Super News Network
Maintenance this week is going to be happening a bit earlier than usual, tomorrow morning. We're going to be doing some infrastructure changes to help deal with load balancing/etc a bit better.

Note: The infrastructure changes should be fairly simple, but they may end up taking longer. We'll see. If it goes super-smoothly, it may be only three hours.

Start time: 6am PDT
Estimated duration: 4 hours
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank god. I didn't get to enjoy the double XP weekend with all the freaking disconnects.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just speaking here, but I think it would be fair game if the double XP was extended for a couple more days to make up for the fact of how hard it was to enjoy due to all the disconnects and so on.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seeing this I wonder if all the lag I'm having when CO is open is connected to the game. I close CO and my connection goes back to normal.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    CO is online game. It does require portion of your bandwidth to work.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2015
    Also, to clarify: This is just a restart, no changes.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Also, to clarify: This is just a restart, no changes.

Wait, if this is just an restart then, why did you say?: . We're going to be doing some infrastructure >changes< to help deal with load balancing/etc a bit better.

:tongue:
    Psi.
    edited April 2015
    cryneting wrote: »
    Wait, if this is just an restart then, why did you say?: . We're going to be doing some infrastructure >changes< to help deal with load balancing/etc a bit better.

:tongue:

Heh, I meant patch-wise.

We've hit some snags, but doesn't seem too bad yet. We'll keep you updated.
    edited April 2015
    We're white-gloving CO now.

EDIT: Nevermind, ran into patching issues. Stay tuned.
    edited April 2015
    Heh, I meant patch-wise.

We've hit some snags, but doesn't seem too bad yet. We'll keep you updated.

Ahhh!, I thought so :tongue:, well we still got the Foxbat thing so far,although weirdly enough, I did have an odd dream about the PSI/Glass & Holo weapons, no idea why :confused:

But the only thing, I'm waiting for is the Hideout Rooms, its been so long until we got them and it be my dream to have them fianily here.

But an odd qeastion or even request, you kown the Penthouse House Foxbat owns?, any Chances of us beening able to have some of the items he has inside that we don't have?, Like the TV....?

Forget hideout rooms, for now I just want that TV, on the fire-place for the penthouses,
    Psi.
    edited April 2015
    But the only thing, I'm waiting for is the Hideout Rooms, its been so long until we got them and it be my dream to have them fianily here.

No plans at the moment to do more hideout dev work. That may happen in the future, but not as of yet.

We're starting whiteglove now.
    edited April 2015
    No plans at the moment to do more hideout dev work. That may happen in the future, but not as of yet.

We're starting whiteglove now.

Righto, its just been so long without them, gah If I chuold I'll even help you.

Or fund it....
    Psi.
  • animalgirl95animalgirl95 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hope this fixes the "sticky" alerts we've been having recently but a general improvement in network performance would be very nice.
    A couple of times I've been SNRed during the F&I cutscene which was slightly annoying (wild understatement)

Does this mean there will be no downtime on thursday? That's become my "oh god where did all this dust come from?" time :tongue:
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    animalgirl95 gets Mildly Disturbing Factoid Theater:

"oh god where did all this dust come from?"

Your skin, mostly. :biggrin:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited April 2015
    I hope this fixes the "sticky" alerts we've been having recently but a general improvement in network performance would be very nice.
    A couple of times I've been SNRed during the F&I cutscene which was slightly annoying (wild understatement)

Does this mean there will be no downtime on thursday? That's become my "oh god where did all this dust come from?" time :tongue:

I have to admit AG, I raised an hell of an eyebrow at your image, I mean. if I can see right, tongue hanging out, shes blushing?, yeah.....can't tell what type of pose shes in but my mind can pretty much image it.
    Psi.
    edited April 2015
    I have to admit AG, I raised an hell of an eyebrow at your image, I mean. if I can see right, tongue hanging out, shes blushing?, yeah.....can't tell what type of pose shes in but my mind can pretty much image it.

Mind out of the gutter, it's nothing like that! :eek:

Full image is here and totally SFW, although kind of weird I guess.

Edit: And thank you for that horrifying reminder, Decorumfriends. I'll go scrub...and scrub...:tongue:
    edited April 2015
    Mind out of the gutter, it's nothing like that! :eek:

Full image is here and totally SFW, although kind of weird I guess.

Thank....you...

And well, not my fault, its just out close-up to the face it is :tongue: and sorry I got excited..

Anyways, for a sec there I thought this was an image of your own toon.
    Psi.
    edited April 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    TT, I believe most of those hideout rooms are actually mostly to already finished, but the hideouts just don't allow you to go there yet.

If this is the case wouldn't expanding hideouts pretty much be as easy as making a few doors openable?

Although it would be nice if they had crafting tables in them too.

See this is EXCALY MY POINT!

Please, replay...to this man...I hate to sound like an right Snob, but it shouldn't be hard to make doors openable, its not like programming an new costumes or new giant jet, should be simple to move a few objects around, make it look a bit nice then remove doors and POW. Done!

Hell, if I chuold, I whuold Fund or help you do this, only issue is I live away beyond your place
    Psi.
  • solardynamosolardynamo Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Please, replay...to this man...I hate to sound like an right Snob, but it shouldn't be hard to make doors openable, its not like programming an new costumes or new giant jet, should be simple to move a few objects around, make it look a bit nice then remove doors and POW. Done!

I'm pretty sure it's not a matter of just opening the doors, because if so then TB would have had them finished long ago before he left.

And if we're taking votes...my vote to expanding hideouts is dead last on the list. I would rather see anything done in the game before hideouts expanded. They are "neato" for all of about 30 minutes. In fact, I can't even think of anything so completely useless and resource wasting as that.

I would rather someone spend time to add litter blowing around the streets of MC before hideouts expanded.
    inS6EEjxY0bBVXuqyVWD1NidpgxpduJXW5_YMzhL0zc?size=1280x960&size_mode=2
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    See this is EXCALY MY POINT!

Hell, if I chuold, I whuold Fund or help you do this, only issue is I live away beyond your place

Hang in there, mate. I'm just about to bust thru the celing. I just need 2mill. to do it.

d04272e9-d782-45b7-840d-9228113a2448_zpsrhcl7ruz.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • d0csteeld0csteel Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Guessing things didn't quite go according to plan with the changes. Anytime load balancing etc is involved that's usually not trivial :wink:
    edited April 2015
    I'm pretty sure it's not a matter of just opening the doors, because if so then TB would have had them finished long ago before he left.

And if we're taking votes...my vote to expanding hideouts is dead last on the list. I would rather see anything done in the game before hideouts expanded. They are "neato" for all of about 30 minutes. In fact, I can't even think of anything so completely useless and resource wasting as that.

I would rather someone spend time to add litter blowing around the streets of MC before hideouts expanded.

Good point I guess, yet I still whuold love to see the hideout rooms. but likewise, although I hate calling out things dead cuz its not updated much (Yet I did when I was younger) its too harsh to say I find.
    Psi.
    edited April 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Hang in there, mate. I'm just about to bust thru the celing. I just need 2mill. to do it.

d04272e9-d782-45b7-840d-9228113a2448_zpsrhcl7ruz.jpg

Oh..yeah, I forgot you can glitch into the other rooms
    Psi.
    edited April 2015

Yeah, LordGar and I looked it over at one point, and there was still a goodly amount of work that would be needed.

We're in pretty decent shape. We've still got one thing we're trying to figure out, but it doesn't seem too bad. Plan on 10:30 for now.
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, LordGar and I looked it over at one point, and there was still a goodly amount of work that would be needed.

We're in pretty decent shape. We've still got one thing we're trying to figure out, but it doesn't seem too bad. Plan on 10:30 for now.

Humm, if you don't mind me asking?, how much amount whuold require excaly?, cuz Im just worried for the fact, that when the hideouts do come out, it be too late by then, I'll be ether dead of old age or CO won't exist anymore.

I rather see old content be done, then giveing new lockboxs, as they seem the most thing you guys care about, the sidekick system, the XP gifting too is still be needing to be done.

Just my own personal feeling but, it seems leeching money of lockboxs is the only core idea so far, the steel update was geart, but still needs that more vamp, If you go on the Warframe Forms, there is alot of bad things said that is pointed at PW.

Edit: There really needs a time, where I can try find you on skype or LordGear to really settle this issue down, or do an Q&E day on skype and record it.
    Psi.
    edited April 2015
    Could someone check the launcher and let me know whether it's loading properly? It's having issues loading on my PC.
    edited April 2015
    Could someone check the launcher and let me know whether it's loading properly? It's having issues loading on my PC.

Yep, got issues too, stuck in Loading, Please wait, want me to past an pic?

Seems my friend has it too, noticing she trys to log im
    Psi.
    edited April 2015
    Yep, got issues too, stuck in Loading, Please wait, want me to past an pic?

Please do, yeah.
    edited April 2015
    Please do, yeah.

Untitled.png

Edit: Ok Image did work.

Edit 2: Yep, I waited a few mins, to see how long this takes, but still stuck on this, oh and if it helps too, the XPPX or "Pidgin" Plug-in still shows that CO is still down.
    Psi.
  • yvonnedyvonned Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Loader opened fine for me (still got the maintenance notice tho)

Main game screen opened but then got maintenance message and it went loginscreen.
    edited April 2015
    Edit: Alright, so after about 4-5mins of waiting, this happened, it seems the Launcher trys to load, but freaks out

Untitled.png

Edit 2: After a few more mins maybe 5-6mins longer, the launcher told me this, trying to log in now, will update ASAP.

Untitled.png
    Psi.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Untitled.png

This is all I get too.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited April 2015
    Edit: Alright, so after about 4-5mins of waiting, this happened, it seems the Launcher trys to load, but freaks out

Untitled.png

I can confirm this too.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • markofthelexanmarkofthelexan Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same issue, after about 10mins the normal screen shows but no red or green light and it says the website has technical issues but game play is not affected. If i login it throws up the maintenance message.

-Edit-
    Its been like this for about an hour and a half since i started checking

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    And last thing, game booted up nomral, but gave me this screen as I tryed to log in.

Untitled.png

All I can do for now
    Psi.
    edited April 2015
    It's loading as "instantly" as normal for me, though the red maintenance warning and red server light are both there.
    edited April 2015
    It's loading as "instantly" as normal for me, though the red maintenance warning and red server light are both there.

Oh Hello, agien :3, my mind is out the gutter this time :tongue:. But I have to admit, She looks SOOOOOO cute.

:tongue::tongue:
    Psi.
    edited April 2015
    Its just the CO launcher cause NWO and STO work perfectly fine.

-Edit-
    Have you tried replacing the batteries in the gerbils ^,..,^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starjumpersixstarjumpersix Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The launcher isn't loading for me at all at the moment it seems. I just get the black screen that says "Loading. Please wait."

Edit: No sooner do I post this than it goes through to logging in. (I go through Arc by the way.) And it gives me the "The website is experiencing technical difficulties. Normal Gameplay is not affected." I'm expecting to get the "Server is down for maintenance" line too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
    edited April 2015
    Its just the CO launcher cause NWO and STO work perfectly fine.

#redheadedstepchild
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited April 2015
    Okay, we're live and open. There is a known bug: The launcher is slow in loading for some people. This is not affecting everyone, but it is affecting some people. We think this is a DNS issue, we'll keep an eye on it.
    edited April 2015
    PTS is working fine, if that's any help with tracking down networkmagicmystery issues.

Edit (late): and as Gradii says, so is Live
    edited April 2015
    #redheadedstepchild

.......yeh the book came to mind first when i read that comment then realised what you meant ^,..,^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    CO launcher works fine for me but I use the One True Launcher, I'm not a heretic yet,

I only use the launcher also.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im having the same launcher problems too. just saying.
  • melangraenmelangraen Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My friends are telling me that in game is really laggy to the point even her mouse pointer is laggy in game.

Just thought you'd like to know.