What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server gone?

Comments

• Options
    vinxbrvinxbr Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So, it's a server fail? Well, at least once in life it's no my conection fault XD Well, time to work in some Characters Bios :smile:
  • Options
    lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xcaligax wrote: »
    I am inconvenienced! I demand a roasted quail as a sign of apology and respect to my benevolence and divine patience!

caligastamp.png

Here you are sir.

2597956624_178ef62416_o.jpg
  • Options
    hivercidehivercide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, I'm glad it is not just me...updated the game with yesterday's patch, clicked "Play" and nothing...after that I could not even get the Launcher back, it claimed to be "connecting" but I was getting no activity. Down for the count until further notice, I guess!

Hmm....did they forget about Daylight Savings? I am on the West Coast, yet the post time I am getting is 1 hour BEHIND West Coast time....
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    Here you are sir.

This pleases me! Now Continue to work diligently as you always do! Lord Caliga commands this!

*noms on roasted quails*
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, I know what I'm going to do while the game is down. Same thing I always do.

http://kickassapp.com/

I'm gonna get myself a Klingon D-7 and blow the crap out of CO's webbie pages. :biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    hivercide wrote: »
    Well, I'm glad it is not just me...updated the game with yesterday's patch, clicked "Play" and nothing...after that I could not even get the Launcher back, it claimed to be "connecting" but I was getting no activity. Down for the count until further notice, I guess!

Hmm....did they forget about Daylight Savings? I am on the West Coast, yet the post time I am getting is 1 hour BEHIND West Coast time....

It's exactly the same problem i'm having, i can't even "launch" the launcher, but dont worry, in 1 or 2 hours they should solve it, or, at least tomorrow... or next week (just kidding) well, at least Caliga gained his roasted quails, and will not destroy all the universe... at least i hope not :P
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    DDoS isn't that implausible - reports are that this is affecting all PWE games, not just the Cryptic ones.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    hivercidehivercide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've got the Launcher up again, Force Verify the files...I'll know in another minute or two if everything is working again or not.

"Sigh" And hangs up on "connecting to login server".
  • Options
    darkbashdarkbash Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I demand that you give us all compensation in the form of keys or zen for paying gold members like myself
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ha! So you play game for free and demand compensation when you can't play...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lordgar wrote: »
    Here you are sir.

ugh...that is just fowl! *looks around*
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ugh...that is just fowl! *looks around*

pheasants1_tshirt.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xcaligax wrote: »
    This pleases me! Now Continue to work diligently as you always do! Lord Caliga commands this!

*noms on roasted quails*

*slaps another odor eater on Caliga's armor*
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Ha! So you play game for free and demand compensation when you can't play...

Why not? :tongue:
    Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
    Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Maybe we could get a few new emote packs out of this >_>
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    insanexadeinsanexade Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I demand 1k zen or 100k q so I can get my next travel power :P
  • Options
    baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I demand a free Caliga action figure so we can poke him anywhere, anytime!!!
  • Options
    justicezer0justicezer0 Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Still down. Phooey! Let us know what happened when you get it sorted, please?
  • Options
    ericha1ericha1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was on earlier in the day then got off. Watched a movie and clean house, got a new idea for a character! IT WONT CONNECT TO SERVER :"( :confused:
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    I killed off humanity with a virus while I was waiting. servers were still down so I tried the same with a fungus.

didn't succeed that time, but most of earths population was dead. :biggrin:

(I bought into the beta of some weird create your own disease game)

So... essentially, you just put the story of The Last of Us into motion.
  • Options
    thereactor2thereactor2 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I pay money for this game. This kind of thing (the server being down without any notice for multiple hours) seems to be the norm rather then the exception. I just dont feel like i am getting my moneys worth.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I had an idea, i will take this time off the game to make my sign for the forum XD Just need to log in to take some screenshots and... dammit (ok, just kidding again, sorry, but i'm bored XD)

Well i also could create a thread with my toons (i've seen the gallery of some people and, i like the idea), but, i dont know, what you guys think?
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I demand a free Caliga action figure so we can poke him anywhere, anytime!!!

2nded.

:biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I demand a free, thematically-appropriate Broadhead hoverbike for my Marksman, Broadhead!

(I won't get it, but I can demand it... :smile:)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I demand an early free purple quality ping pong gun for my prankster, Miss Behavin.
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I demand new game content.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I demand the server issues to be fixed by [Insert desired date]!
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I make no demands outside of my usual "Give me Medical Gadgeteering and Plants!"
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    But yeah seriously. Since The system is down can we be compensated for this? You know I subscribed to this game, and I want my money's worth. #Selfentitlement
  • Options
    truearrow1truearrow1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can someone tell me how to become popular on CO while the server is down?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    truearrow1 wrote: »

Oh that's easy. You start by making arrogant comments about CO gameplay and powers, and things from before F2P. It doesn't matter whether you're correct or not as long as it sounds stuck-up and arrogant when read aloud. Next when people question you, you call them inferior and belittle them in every way you can. Eventually people will follow you and you'll have a cult.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    gradii wrote: »
    yes I know you were joking. don't take offense I'm doing the same. :tongue:

-edit- Bleh HOW did that end up in 2 posts!? I hit EDIT!

Yes. I learned from the master known as Sil--... I can't say their name!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    damn. saturday morning. my only free full day to play and game is down.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But yeah seriously. Since The system is down can we be compensated for this? You know I subscribed to this game, and I want my money's worth. #Selfentitlement

Compensation? Haven't we learned our lesson about being compensated about a year ago? I'm still waiting for confirmation of any such compensation from the Subscription Errors in the past. :frown:

If there is any compensation for this outage, it'll probably be Witchcraft giving us a Double XP Buff or something for the weekend.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh that's easy. You start by making arrogant comments about CO gameplay and powers, and things from before F2P. It doesn't matter whether you're correct or not as long as it sounds stuck-up and arrogant when read aloud. Next when people question you, you call them inferior and belittle them in every way you can. Eventually people will follow you and you'll have a cult.

You could try that, or you could try being nice to people and help them. It also helps not to make blind comments or antagonize people. Pretty much the same way you become "popular" in society and in social situations. Mix that in with some profound comments now and again and you'll be on your way. :wink:

(There really is no one way to become popular in CO, all the popular people have become popular for different reasons. Some have become popular due to their knowledge others because of their stupidity or apparent lack of thought when posting, it's all depends on what you want to be popular for really.)
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited March 2014

brand-popularity.jpg
  • Options
    strykor1977strykor1977 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That figures... finally get my connection straightened out, and when I get back on here, something went ka-boom. Here's hoping the problem is minor when it comes to being fixed.
  • Options
    dragonfist8dragonfist8 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    attempting to become popular in a video game is nothing more than trying to gather attention and to feel special. It's actually pretty funny to see just how hard some people try just to achieve such "popularity" within CO and they come off as nothing more than a troll with a big mouth, that lead themselves into believing they know a thing or two about the game.

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    divide $15 by the amount of hours you play each month,
    multiply by the hours you missed and thats it.

me, I get about 1 1/2 hrs M-F = 6.5
    sat- about 8
    sun about 5

19.5 x 4= 78
    $15 /78= 0.19c per hour
    The more you play, the lower it goes.

:biggrin: don't spend it all at once.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2014
    So, you all realized the PTS still works, right?