test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Login Issues. 12/30 3pm [Resolved]

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited January 2014 in Super News Network
Hey all, looks like there are some issues with our login processes right now. We're still investigating them, but it looks like players currently in-game won't be affected, but no one is able to log in.

We'll have more information soon, including a timeline on when this will be resolved.

-TrailTurtle
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    heres the issue
    http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=4181
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=172931

apparently cogent co
    all over the world, that first thread is 24 pages

and I was in game, when I got server not responding and booted
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's affecting current players too, as I got dumped out during a mission (Queen of the Glammed).

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited December 2013
    This is actually a separate issue, unfortunately.
  • mrinfinitummrinfinitum Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Rough...^^BUMP^^ See above...chaelk...

Wait separate issue? TY for being there T.T.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    =)
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Won't effect players in-game? I was in-game and me and like 20 others I was talking to were booted. Just to add this is effecting all PWE titles as well.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
    edited December 2013
    Update: Never mind, looks like the server itself is affected. I'll have more info soon.
  • originaltygeroriginaltyger Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is it time to replace the hamster? :eek:
  • diemdarkbringerdiemdarkbringer Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    people currently in game not effected, what a load of crap, your servers knocked me off and now I can't get back on
    edited December 2013
    drgmstr wrote: »
    Won't effect players in-game? I was in-game and me and like 20 others I was talking to were booted. Just to add this is effecting all PWE titles as well.

This is affecting other Cryptic games -- for them, the login process was all that was affected, but Champs has an actual server outage as well. My apologies, that second bit of information came to me after I posted. The good news is that everything is coming back up, so we should be back in business before too long.
  • deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just got knocked off and can't log back in
    edited December 2013
    server status- red

edited December 2013
    This is affecting other Cryptic games -- for them, the login process was all that was affected, but Champs has an actual server outage as well. My apologies, that second bit of information came to me after I posted. The good news is that everything is coming back up, so we should be back in business before too long.

Good to know.

And, c'mon ... take it easy folks. TT is quickly on this issue but, (gasp) he's only a mere mortal. Passing along useful info helps the situation far more.

• megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Aprantly the isp company crashed
  • mayathubanmayathuban Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Let's be patient and let them fix the problem. Personally, I will have an early dinner! :biggrin:
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As of right now, can't get logged in. Also have no clue how forum times relate to my time zone, so it's either been like this for 3 hours or like 30 minutes.

Oh ok, just 30 mins. that answers that question. Hope that gets fixed soon!
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Unable to login still.
  • bahamutcasbahamutcas Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So...? Anything we can do to play? And i dont getit. NO ONE can play or just some random ppl?

The PTS works
  • foxyhobbitfoxyhobbit Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still unable to connect to the server for CO but I can play Star Trek Online which is another Cryptic game.
    edited December 2013
    bahamutcas wrote: »
    So...? Anything we can do to play? And i dont getit. NO ONE can play or just some random ppl?

Hey! Apparently END GAME is still available (posting of the forums) :cool:

edited December 2013
    mayathuban wrote: »
    Let's be patient and let them fix the problem. Personally, I will have an early dinner! :biggrin:

7.42am and I'm not having an early lunch or late breakfast

edited December 2013
    of course you can get on STO, they care about STO, CO has been their forgotten child from the start.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Ahh gotcha, I was too quick on the trigger then. Huzzah for news updates.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
    edited December 2013
    Well Sto and neverwinter are up just not co righ tnow
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm no expert but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say they accidentally the whole server.
    but i bet they'll have it fixed in about an hour
    (posted, 23:46 GMT00)
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    edited December 2013
    Well Sto and neverwinter are up just not co righ tnow

thats because we're the lowest priority.

edited December 2013
    Uh huh i doubt that really..
    edited December 2013
    at least very hopeful, because TrailTurtle is on the scene ;)

but I sort of feared this noticed a bit of not serious, but persistent lag so, but...an hour? Whichever...
    there is a REASON it takes time to reboot, rebuild , etc. they do during maintenance, so if it makes it run again for a few days? good for me:rolleyes:
    edited December 2013
    No problem. Cryptic need only to gimme 1k zen and all will be forgiven...
    edited December 2013

At present, no one can play CO. We're working on that, and should have an update soon.

foxyhobbit wrote: »
    Still unable to connect to the server for CO but I can play Star Trek Online which is another Cryptic game.

NW, STO and Blacklight: Retribution all had the same root issue, but for CO it manifested in a worse form, such that the server actually went down. As such, we're going to be running a restart and a quick sanity checklist before Champions will be available again. Because STO and the other games never actually went down, they were able to be reopened much more quickly.

At a guess, it's probably an hour until the game is back up and running. Sorry about the wait, folks, we're working to get this resolved as fast as we can.
  • originaltygeroriginaltyger Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No problem. Cryptic need only to gimme 1k zen and all will be forgiven...

I was about to cut and paste 'Zen' a thousand times to fulfill your request, but I have a feeling someone would consider it spamming. :biggrin:
    edited December 2013
    Thanx for quick response. Well, nothing we can do to make the time go faster, so seeya all later... (About the 1k zen for the trouble... i think a device that fire forcecascade with no cost and 1 sec colldown its better. I will wait for my device then!)
  • tenebriswolftenebriswolf Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Tonight I was bored (as always), so I told myself I'd go for a League of Legends game. Unfortunately, LoL is down.

So I told myself I'd go for Champions Online. Unfortunately, CO is down.

Are you just ****in serious ? :mad:
    Mordykus on Dawn Radio
    edited December 2013
    Intresting so Perfect world goes down Ea.net Dota 2 lol and Blizzard all went down today intresting
    edited December 2013
    Tonight I was bored (as always), so I told myself I'd go for a League of Legends game. Unfortunately, LoL is down.

I only play one game.
    so I'm having lunch as breakfast, its either that or start eating a load of sugar
    ahha, found Insaniguarium
    http://zone.msn.com/en/insaniquarium/default.htm?intgid=gb_FreeOnlineAll+List_45_isan
    always fun to breed fish and kill aliens

• notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ugh....
    OK, i'm gonna change what I said earlier, it's gonna take more than an hour.

And I was meant to be meeting someone to buy hyperdimentional shifthopper armbands too, been trying to find them forever since they don't drop anymore and the costume peice from them is no longer available by any means other than the armbands themselves, and something tells me they are not going to be up for rescheduling the sale.

But my rambling aside, I do think we should get something to make up for this down time, nothing fancy, like, 1K zen each or something. After all this is the second time in what, about a month that something like this has happened.

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    edited December 2013
    NOT THE HACKZORZ!!?!!?!!
    Weird if a great deal of the major MMORPGs went *POOF* over the last 24 hours?
    Some sort of bandwidth issue over a large area causing server lock/drop/crash or more sinister???
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited December 2013

129723-memes-third-world-problems.jpg
  • rolwdogrolwdog Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Some people really do have nothing better to do and aren't good enough to mine/hack bitcoins it seems.

/shakesfist
    edited December 2013
    Hmm. From what I've seen, this wasn't the result of any DDoS stuff, thankfully.
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    43185357.jpg
    Hmm. From what I've seen, this wasn't the result of any DDoS stuff, thankfully.

So does that mean that CO is unpopular enough to have slipped under their radar, or does did they just not view us as a big enough target?

• professorporkprofessorpork Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    well it's up and running now, but closed for the moment
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    notyuu wrote: »
    So does that mean that CO is unpopular enough to have slipped under their radar, or does did they just not view us as a big enough target?

Does CO even had a publicity campaign?
    edited December 2013
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11040344664#1
    apparently wow has been having these problems for a week too

disconnects, lag
    traceroutes for them stop partway too

edited December 2013
    well it's up and running now, but closed for the moment

Yep -- I've begun the sanity tests. Once those are done, we'll open the servers up.
    edited December 2013
    Yep -- I've begun the sanity tests. Once those are done, we'll open the servers up.

how about bonus food and some little slippers for the poor hamster

• moonhuntresscohmoonhuntresscoh Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Normally I'm the type that gets annoyed with posts that only complain. I have an IT background so I understand the problems that can spring up out of the blue with something like an MMO.

HOWEVER... What I've seen of Cryptic and PWE since coming back to Champions Offline is utterly disgraceful. 5 9s is the goal with server reliability and uptime (99.999% of the time it's up and working). PWE and Cryptic don't even come close!!!

I saw an article in a magazine in Fry's; how SOE was releasing Everquest Next as it's attempt to "Save the MMO". Want to know what's killing the MMO (if anything truly is)? Nonexistant customer service & game support. Granted there's also poor game design in some cases (like DC Online) but that's another rant...

The one thing that WoW does (or at least did when I briefly played it) was that the customer service is there. I reported a bug or quest problem, I only had to wait 15 or so minutes till I had a GM in chat helping me resolve the issue. City of Heroes wasn't up to that standard unfortunately, but at least you'd hear back from support within a few hours. It's been THREE DAYS since my last support ticket was filed over credit card issues. NOTHING back, not even a go F yourself. Silence pretty much says that anyway.

Another example of poor system and game management; my Champions Acct has been around since BETA. Right above this post I have a notice saying my acct is new so I can't start new threads. Oh and I last visited the forums in 1969; a year after I was born and a good 20+ years before there was even the most rudimentary of internet out there.

Cryptic and PWE want their games to survive, they need to start taking game maintenance and support a hell of a lot more seriously. I guarantee you there are probably a couple hundred people on facebook or some other site griping about "that damned game being down AGAIN" and how they can't wait for City of Titans or some other new game to come along.

Reality is this is a leisure activity for all your players, and the world is overflowing with leisure activities today. You want to keep customers, you best provide a better product than your competition, NOT decide it's too much effort to pay attention to them.
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You guys should do start a double xp witchcraft for the inconvenience.

Please? :3
    edited December 2013
    Normally I'm the type that gets annoyed with posts that only complain. I have an IT background so I understand the problems that can spring up out of the blue with something like an MMO.

HOWEVER... What I've seen of Cryptic and PWE since coming back to Champions Offline is utterly disgraceful. 5 9s is the goal with server reliability and uptime (99.999% of the time it's up and working). PWE and Cryptic don't even come close!!!

I saw an article in a magazine in Fry's; how SOE was releasing Everquest Next as it's attempt to "Save the MMO". Want to know what's killing the MMO (if anything truly is)? Nonexistant customer service & game support. Granted there's also poor game design in some cases (like DC Online) but that's another rant...

The one thing that WoW does (or at least did when I briefly played it) was that the customer service is there. I reported a bug or quest problem, I only had to wait 15 or so minutes till I had a GM in chat helping me resolve the issue. City of Heroes wasn't up to that standard unfortunately, but at least you'd hear back from support within a few hours. It's been THREE DAYS since my last support ticket was filed over credit card issues. NOTHING back, not even a go F yourself. Silence pretty much says that anyway.

Another example of poor system and game management; my Champions Acct has been around since BETA. Right above this post I have a notice saying my acct is new so I can't start new threads. Oh and I last visited the forums in 1969; a year after I was born and a good 20+ years before there was even the most rudimentary of internet out there.

Cryptic and PWE want their games to survive, they need to start taking game maintenance and support a hell of a lot more seriously. I guarantee you there are probably a couple hundred people on facebook or some other site griping about "that damned game being down AGAIN" and how they can't wait for City of Titans or some other new game to come along.

Reality is this is a leisure activity for all your players, and the world is overflowing with leisure activities today. You want to keep customers, you best provide a better product than your competition, NOT decide it's too much effort to pay attention to them.

I have the same problem with the forums not recognizing I have been a lifetime member since before launch. They also broke the game, all I do is RP now and I was in the middle of a fun one when this came up.