Release Notes, October 17, 2013

13»

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Vigilante gear doesn't have slots.

Really? I thought the Primary Vigilante gear had slots O_o
    But again I have never bought them so...

EDIT: Oh crap, I just realized that all of them are Secondaries, my bad xD
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Did they get buffed more that what their values were on PTS?

For example, Artic Fox now has access to Frost Breath...and devices seem to have a crit severity of 93.9% with crit chance ranging from 22% - 37%.

I have no issue with this it just seems a little, well... surprising. I only have access to a few devices which are on LIVE, but their crit ratings tend to fall within the aforementioned range of 22-37% crit chance and 93.9% severity.

Dodge currently flows between 20 - 29% dodge from the devices I have access to.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    DEX/CON/INT - Severity Specs + Plasma Beam Rank 3 doesn't equal over 400 per tick on Plasma Beam?

Players are innately able to get higher than 93.9% Severity regardless of passive, so for all intents and purposes it should be quite possible.
  • Options
    aronakallzaronakallz Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes ! YES ! YES ! Finally ! We have proof of life ! We have proof this game's not dead ! That it merely was moribund ! Maybe we'll even get the lockboxes costume sets released for the Z-store !
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    not with a defensive passive.

I cannot currently verify this and I'm not going to waste my time trying to prove it to you, the times I've done that in the past speak for themselves.

This Become Device may have Invuln but it is the PLAYER who has Concentration/Manipulator/Compassion/IDF/ Any other form power, which buffs the damage.

You are acting like the innate damage is 400 per tick :rolleyes:

The Device also lacks any sort of self healing/AD or AO so there goes it's capacity to "be better than an actual build".
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I <3 the new Alert changes. It's great for higher levels because if I feel like grinding for resources.. it's a ton easier. Smashes go a lot faster w/o a bunch of lvl 6's on it.. and even the typically hard NPC's (for ex: Rakshasa) can be beaten reasonably. I don't know how well this works out for lowbies, but for my higher lvls alert changes are a godsend.
    't
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    simple Riverocean, now some people are complaining that they fail GRABS because of people leaving.

Some people will always complain if they don't win fast enough
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    simple Riverocean, now some people are complaining that they fail GRABS because of people leaving.

Some people will always complain if they don't win fast enough
    Now I get to see cool people in Smashes (did a Nem Dockside Dustup with Dung Beetle today - and he did indeed ding my nem pretty good!).

And on my last Grab, a Nem Bank Robbery (with a generic Nem, unless someone had enough of a sense of humor to actually make Lilith), I finally hit 40 with Happifun. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    And on my last Grab, a Nem Bank Robbery (with a generic Nem, unless someone had enough of a sense of humor to actually make Lilith), I finally hit 40 with Happifun. :smile:

Seeing Happifun at 39 so long reminds me of a story...

In April 2003, the Pittsburgh Penguins were winding down the most demoralizing season in team history (the infamous Alexei Kovalev Trade), and Steve McKenna found himself on the cusp of an unexpected NHL record. A sixth defenseman on nights he wasn't a healthy scratch, McKenna was most useful as an enforcer on the ice and comic relief in the locker room. If any NHL record was going to fall to him, it was sure to involve an abundance of penalty minutes, right?

Actually, McKenna was having his best offensive season in the NHL. Entering the final game, he had a career-best nine goals. He also had zero assists. This statistical anomaly, if it held, would give him the modern record for most goals without an assist in a full season.

Of course, in a year when everything else went wrong, Steve McKenna tallied his first and only assist of the season just 42 seconds into the game.

So congratulations, Jon, for not getting Happifun stuck at 39 until the day CO closed!
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Jonsills,
    sorry but

I've made Lilith x 2,
    deathmetal x 1

Mind you, being the mean <person of uncertain parentage> that I am. I gave them PA
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    its possible with invuln, I can think of a couple ways to do it, such as ebon circle. but the Lemurian power armor didn't have that last I checked.

DPS power armor builds only get 300-550 a tick with full stacks concentration. thats Quarry or electric form with over 100% severity,

Hitting harder does not qualify as over-performing. In my entire become collection, not one can match the performance I get from FF setups I run.

I don't recall my lem PA ever having decent crit chance - a harder hitting crit alone means little if it happens a lot less often, not to mention the darn thing doesn't even fill a power tray.

Almost forgot -

You don't use plasma beam in a "dps" PA build.

low damage high tic rate means your attacks go through even more mitigation
    plasma is a mere 50ft
    plasma has horrible aiming issues

So what was that about "overperforming" again =p
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    On the other note, the "Leg Length" sliders are AMAZING! <3

My Midget Characters never looked so Cute in CO before! <3

Thank you For this! My Goblin and my Medabot Appreciate it
    4E5A63DB33A3F07965792BF862157D75938D0809
    65CA636380A4D8ED8187AB1FCA44ED1E1B656D43
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Seeing Happifun at 39 so long reminds me of a story...

So congratulations, Jon, for not getting Happifun stuck at 39 until the day CO closed!

I've spent so much time dawdling with other characters (and for a couple months not playing at all) that my very first character, Brick, made in Feb 2011 when F2P first came out... hit 38 only last night.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    congrats, Jon! Why haven't I friended you yet? I'd totally love to run some missions with you. Shoot me an invite @eviltaco, if you think of it before I do. We might butt heads from time to time, but it's because we care about the game, and in the end you're good people.

As for the plasma beam, I can make that thing do 3k dps with a defensive passive. Pulsar used to live on that power. Stack ego to 60-70, primary dex for the crit, the best defense, ego surge (which stacks on con, for crit severity) and we've got ourselves a party. Between that and orbital cannon/anvil, she'd easily put 5-6k dps out without much of an issue. Add a chest beam tap for the debuff, and about a second and a half of minigun with advantage? I can promise you that the lemurian power armor wouldn't touch my output.

Then again I specifically don't run many PA toons because I've broken that system so severely. I'm probably not a normal case, here.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    oh, snap. Also, guys, you missed a big one. I unlocked the heavy mech legacy costume piece on chernobyl the other day. It's only showing on my females. This is *bad*, that thing cost me a fortune.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Stack ego to 60-70, primary dex for the crit, the best defense, ego surge (which stacks on con, for crit severity) and we've got ourselves a party.

As I recall, Jon's a Silver, and doesn't have any freeform slots. I'm 99% sure that he's The Invincible, which means he can't change his Primary SS or take Ego Surge.
    edited October 2013
    lemurian power armor has a defensive passive. it shouldn't be hitting offensive passive numbers with plasma beam. point made.

If you think plasma beam is part of a "DPS" PA build, you don't exactly have the credibility to be claiming xx is hitting offensive passive numbers.

But seriously, the passive on it was broken for ages (as in not providing any mitigation), and underperformed in general as far as becomes go, and you want to complain its "OP".

I haven't moved my Lem PA from storage since long before I quit around the prototype nerf fiasco. But apparently I should because you deem it is broken OP.

I will be waiting to see EVERYONE demanding their OP Lem PAs and using them all the time in alerts.

While you're at it, get those cyberninja's ready, should the 12k dodge chance come to live, they too will be oh so ... good.

To summarize - there's more to factor in than raw numbers in the CO world.
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    if you think plasma beam sucks you lack the credibility to claim anything. :cool:

Now I see why you got so much flak in the PTS forum.
  • Options
    atompenguinatompenguin Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    if you think plasma beam sucks you lack the credibility to claim anything. :cool:

I'm laughing so much right now.
    secksegai wrote: »
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    PLASMA BEAM!!?? Really?

Not quite useless, but not going to do much either. But... whatever.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'm laughing so much right now.

^ This. I think I might have to sit down :wink:

:biggrin:

I personally like Plasma Beam, it's not the most "extreme" power in terms of damage (not to mention it's iffy targeting) but it is nice, but yes, it is not a real DPS power.

LOL @
    secksegai wrote: »
This discussion has been closed.