What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes, October 17, 2013

Comments

• Options
    tangent90tangent90 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In other words, effectively thin out an already low player population and increase queue times for alerts by lowering the pool of available players at every level. No thanks.

I agree: it doesn't make sense to segregate alerts by level, that's the point of sidekicking, and now that level gating is in effect characters should have enough powers to be effective when sidekicked.

Also, what's the status of sidekicking everyone to level 40 in alerts instead of 30? Whenever I've tried to check this out on PTS there's been no one around, so I can't get into an alert.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In other words, effectively thin out an already low player population and increase queue times for alerts by lowering the pool of available players at every level. No thanks.

Even then it wouldn't stop people from blaming the lowest level player, or whoever isn't using their idea of a good build, for whatever problems might arise in the alert, because obviously it couldn't just be a bad luck, that players fault, or any other number of variables.
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    draogn wrote: »
    Even then it wouldn't stop people from blaming the lowest level player, or whoever isn't using their idea of a good build, for whatever problems might arise in the alert, because obviously it couldn't just be a bad luck, that players fault, or any other number of variables.

Then those players are dumb. But instead, put it for each individual level?
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Veeryy goood. I hope we get a long list of fixes next week aswell!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    Actually, I'd suggest it that it's the very same alert for everyone, but split into level categories.

Further segregating a small population won't have any good effects.

At best you'll just exaggerate the traits of each level band, which will be great for 40s (for completion speed, queue time may be abysmal for Grabs) but sucktastic for 10s.

Mixing levels means you average out the performance and everyone (save for the elitist 40s) gets a better run.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for your hard work in getting these patches and costume designer upgrades to us. I look forward to playing with itty-bitty wings as soon as the patch is over.:biggrin:
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Shame on you! Video Game handbook rule #5 explicitly states that any undesired outcome in any encounter is always the fault of the game, other players even when solo or planetary alignment.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Further segregating a small population won't have any good effects.

At best you'll just exaggerate the traits of each level band, which will be great for 40s (for completion speed, queue time may be abysmal for Grabs) but sucktastic for 10s.

Mixing levels means you average out the performance and everyone (save for the elitist 40s) gets a better run.

At least, you won't be obligated to sidekick a leecher.

And your arguments proved that the On Alert system is the worst thing to have braced CO.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Can't speak for you, but I never feel obligated. When I see a leecher I stop DPSing, face and target the leecher and go stand right next to them. It's 2 minutes + queue time, I can spare that time to play games with them. Barring that, can always just exit the map. Don't have to carry anyone unless I choose to and 99% of the time I'm in an alert I'm carrying it anyway even when people are on higher level characters.

But I hear ya. If I felt obligated, I'd stop. I didn't put as much $$$ and time into this game as I have to feel that way.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2013

When my dual pistol blaster/tank or Disciple is basically carrying an Alert or Event as long as the 6s are using their one non-energy builder and trying to not pull the whole map, I don't care.

The first time Cybermind came around there were a couple of times were everyone else was trying but still died in the last phase and I chewed through his last bits of HP for a few minutes instead of throwing a hissy fit and ragequitting, generally to much applause from the locked out team who were thankful to not have to go back to square one on that fight.

If I can carry a couple leechers in a 2 minute smash that just means my build is that solid.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    If I can carry a couple leechers in a 2 minute smash that just means my build is that solid.

No, it just means you're using two gun mojo. trololololo

I kid, I kid! Don't hurt me.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Release notes for October 17, 2013.

Powers/Items:

-Powerhouse: Added three regenerating supervillain dummies to the powerhouse. They are level 40/skull, and have distinct names.

-Power Armor: Unbreakable: Unbreakable now properly lasts its whole duration, even when it takes more damage than the shield can withstand. It is otherwise unchanged.

-The following powers should now properly proc Manipulator: Bite with Furor Venenum (stun), Brute Strike (stun), Bullet Beatdown (root/stun), Cave In (stun), Condemn with Redemption Denied advantage (stun), Crashing Wave Kick (stun), Dragon Kick (stun), Devour Essence with Phlebotomist (root), Ego Blade Frenzy with Unnerving Rage (root), Experimental Blaster (stun), Fault Line with Compound Fracture advantage (root), Gas Arrow with Noxious Fumes advantage (stun), Hex of Suffering with Rune of Lethargy advantage (root), Ice Burst with Freeze Dirtbag advantage (paralyze), Inexorable Tides with Instep Crush advantage (root), Psychic Vortex with Single Minded advantage (stun), Rebuke with Admonish advantage (stun), Skarn's Bane with Warlock's Malice advantage (root), Sonic Arrow (stun), Sonic Device (stun), Storm's Harvest (root), Storm of Arrows w/ Achilles' Heel advantage (root), Taser Arrow (paralyze), Telekinetic Maelstrom (stun), Thunderbolt Lunge (root) with Essence Assault advantage (stun), Thunderstrike with Ionic Compression advantage (root), Vengeance with Redemption Denied advantage (stun), Venomous Breath w/ Paralytic Bile (stun)

-The Widow Grav Bike was missing its 10% buff. Fixed.

Costumes:

-Added tail & wing size sliders to the tailor.

-The "Leg Length" slider now allows for slightly shorter legs.

Missions:

-There And Bat Again (UNITY version): Foxbat will now let you turn in the mission when you're done.

-Fixed an issue that caused a "-1" to remain on your device tray if you removed a device while it was recharging.

Misc:

-Unity HQ: Fixed a hole in the ceiling of the teleporter room.

Ehehehhehe, I am going have ALOT of fun with these changes! :biggrin:

Especially these ones!!

Big thumbs up to Cryptic North Development Team, GMC and any other devs involved in this. And of course TrailTurtle for keeping us in the loop!

:cool:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    I used 2gm before it was buffed. alot even.

its just a cool power.

Ditto. It's been a staple on the 3rd toon I ever made Justice. Made him in Sept. or Oct. '09.
  • Options
    nemez1snemez1s Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nice updates..and nice to see those zombieess again..GJ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Any mauritian ingame, contact me tnx. @nemez1s
  • Options
    supersharkssupersharks Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nice work

Loving the new tail/wing slider option.
    Primus Recognition vendors now offer Enhancement, Armoring, and Core mods instead of Offense, Defense, and Utility Mods.

Not sure why you're removing some mod types: some of us like those mod types (like defence mods) and have so many of the 'standard' mods we're throwing them away due to near uselessness.
    Removed Mercenary's Helmet of Topography from the Questionite store.

Regardless of how much it was bought/used, removing options seems like a bad thing.

All in all really awesome. The costume creator fixes are amazing.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    One Cheer for the great patch.

and a second cheer for people actually being positive about it!

Yay!
  • Options
    cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Really nice to see some of these fixes finally being implemented. I know things like the missing Hrodigir image don't really effect gameplay, but those little details add up and contribute to an overall sense of neglect.

Thanks!
    edited October 2013
    Woot its Bug Stomping Day - to the tune of Weasel Stomping Day by Weird Al :biggrin:

To echo the point I can't wait to play with the new sliders.

And they used my idea for how to do the level gating that people were asking for. This is really the most "fair" way they can do it.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Regarding There and Bat Again.

Due to my unusual circumstances I am unable to complete this mission, so it looks like if you exited the instance via a DC (like I did) you'll have to restart the entire mission chain to hand this mission in and progress.

I did say it would be ideal if an instance could be created to have a Foxbat version of Juryrig's garage for those of us who were either disconnected, logged out or simply left the instance in order to hand it in.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Then that means your build is OP.
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Then that means your build is OP.

Nah... I can do that with my single target heavy hitters.... which happen to be ATs (Blade and Disciple if you are curious).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    cascadence wrote: »
    Nah... I can do that with my single target heavy hitters.... which happen to be ATs (Blade and Disciple if you are curious).

So, if I am to do an alert, I'm just going to lure the boss towards the leechers out of spite. Sure, why not?
  • Options
    kelplanktonkelplankton Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Really excited to see CO get some substantial bugfixes, and those new sliders (and the adjusted leg slider) are great things to have. And not even something we have to pay for!

Keep it up, Cryptic North. We all wanna see CO get a lot of love.

Art, Animation, and Stuff:
    DA Tumblr Vimeo Youtube
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Really excited to see CO get some substantial bugfixes, and those new sliders (and the adjusted leg slider) are great things to have. And not even something we have to pay for!

Keep it up, Cryptic North. We all wanna see CO get a lot of love.

Those updates are better be worth it. And maybe rework some of the ATs so they won't be as trinity-dependant?
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nice job Cryptic North! The more bugs stomped out the better!

Keep it going. And props are in order for how you guys are changing the alerts for the better as well. :tongue:
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So far so good, but add some sound effects and some kind of flashiness to getting the alert rewards.
    Its incredibly unrewarding to just run up to a thing for some numbers.

The animation and effect for when people touch enhancement orbs will do, but
    maybe with a rewarding bass and cymbal sound. Something. Tooting horn or sizzling meat sound perhaps.

Even that "yaaaay" gift opening noise would be nice,not the best, but it'd be an improvement of "Press Z for a moment of silence"
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yaaayyy! New stuff!!!
    Halloween Event!!!

*backflips back to Los Santos*
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Also the alert system is still set up in such away that there is still going to be generic Nemesis experience that nobody appreciates. Just change the Nemesis system to level 10 and we'll be fixed right up.
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    I used 2gm before it was buffed. alot even.

its just a cool power.
    Ditto. It's been a staple on the 3rd toon I ever made Justice. Made him in Sept. or Oct. '09.

I had a toon that used 2GM + the Screech Owl PR up into the mid 30s before I finally stopped using the PR (yeah, back IN THE DAY 2009-2010). Lots of shots and chance to stun. Good stuff.

Made a similar toon a couple of years back, but has been IDLE for a long time. She has a Screech Owl, Torchie Flamethrower, and .... I think either the JS-Electrocutor or the Ice Rifle PRs. Since she has a full set of Heirloom gear (for stats), it's no great loss to use the Primary Offense PR. That and she's only lvl 15.

Not trying to show off (... much), but it sure is nice to still have a decent quantity of those old PRs.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    determinddetermind Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    While the changes to alerts are welcome in general, by locking lower levels out of this content you lower their ability to generate Q from alerts.
    _

The Roster

Ebon, The Dragon, Impact, Tempest, American Eagles, Elemental, Turbine, Weapon Hawk & Mr. E

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alt-it is; it's a real disease!
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Holy crap. It's not a HUGE update, but it sure is a start. Good to see the game getting back on track!

Now, it's time to go a-heroing!
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    edited October 2013
    Is it just me or is Lightning Reflexes no longer getting all buggy at the end of alerts?

Because it is no longer getting all buggy when I finish alerts! :D
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    determind wrote: »
    While the changes to alerts are welcome in general, by locking lower levels out of this content you lower their ability to generate Q from alerts.

This effects to all, not just lowbies.
    So let's not start that just yet.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The buffs gained at the end of burst alerts don't refresh the old buff but apply another buff on your character. Still unsure if it stacks the effect but I wouldn't risk it.

Could be related to the pick up reward rather than an auto-buff granted.
  • Options
    shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Legion's gear and Mercenary's gear items now list their slots in the item descriptions.
    Shouldn't Heroic gear (from Silver Champion Recognition) get the same treatment?
    Removed Mercenary's Helmet of Topography from the Questionite store.
    Not sure why this was removed. But I'm sure it'll raise all sorts of interesting theories...
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not sure why this was removed. But I'm sure it'll raise all sorts of interesting theories...

I saw a post not long ago claiming that +minimap radius was doing something unintended to buff perception, particularly in PVP. If that's true, then I could see it being removed to eliminate an exploit. After all, has anyone ever used it for it's intended purpose?
    edited October 2013
    I saw a post not long ago claiming that +minimap radius was doing something unintended to buff perception, particularly in PVP. If that's true, then I could see it being removed to eliminate an exploit. After all, has anyone ever used it for it's intended purpose?
    Then why leave the other Topography pieces in the game?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    No legacy pieces have ever been removed (to my knowledge), their sources are just turned off (remived from drop tables, stores, etc).

Are there any other sources of Topography items still available?

Less PVP-conspiracy-theory answer to the previous question: Maybe this is another type of equipment (like Avoidance Cores) that either wasn't supposed to get added to the Live game, or was intended to be removed in an earlier equipment pass, and is just now getting cleaned up.
    edited October 2013
    Are there any other sources of Topography items still available?

[Heroic Helmet of Topography] is still available from Recognition vendors.
  • Options
    spiderdude4spiderdude4 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Awesome work guys! Keep it up!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Hope1 ingame. PRIMUS Database Characters
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    -Legion's gear and Mercenary's gear items now list their slots in the item descriptions.

Hold one! Why Only Legion and Mercenary? WHY NOT Heroic and Vigilante as well? EVERY gear with Slots should have Listed in Descriptions
    -The following costume options now unlock on account (this will only affect unlocks that happen from now onward): Demon Gloves (Arcane Demon Pattern), Demon Hips (Arcane Demon Pattern), Demon Collar (Arcane Demon Pattern) , Lemurian Spiked Tail, Lemurian Spikes Huge, Fire Demon Horns Tall, Demon Necklace Spikes Thick (Bracers), Fire Demon Horns

So close to be perfect
    Demon Collar of Recognition is still Character Unlocked and NOT account Unlock! :frown:
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hold one! Why Only Legion and Mercenary? WHY NOT Heroic and Vigilante as well? EVERY gear with Slots should have Listed in Descriptions

Vigilante gear doesn't have slots.