test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I figured out how to never die in Cybermind

chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Missions and Content
This is gonna be the quickest guide ever written. By now, we all know that you have to stand in a pillar that matches a color that's on one of the squares, then stand in the square. We also know you gotta match the colors of his bits to damage him, and him in his final phase. I'm not gonna waste time explaining it. However... If you want to be 100% sure you never die in a Cybermind alert, use a melee character with a lunge. It'll help cover the gap between the light and the boss, as well as the fact that when you're right up in his face, he won't do that detonate thing and knock your friends off their square. I tested this through about 6 runs the other night, and I don't think we lost a teammate the whole time. Even if you're ranged, designating a teammate to stand right up in his face is a great idea.

For extra easy? Pick up evasive maneuvers, if you're able. This works for ranged archetypes, but is particularly effective when paired with a lunge. If you line yourself up with the glow, and pop evasive, it gets you inside and with the glow in no time flat. Mixed with the lunge, I got like a full 2 seconds of just beating on Cybermind before his rain began.

Thirdly, and this applies to a few archetypes, the Protector tree comes with a spec called "Unrelenting", which increases your movement speed significantly when you're without a travel power. It's more situational than the other 2, but worth noting.

Hope this helps some of you. Happy hunting. :D
In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
dbnzfo.png
RIP Caine
Post edited by chalupaoffury on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And if you solo him with ranged. Be in the same square as he is, so he doesn't do the ****tyKBMove...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Excellent advice--I have seen your strategy used, too. It works like a charm.

Thirdly, and this applies to a few archetypes, the Protector tree comes with a spec called "Unrelenting", which increases your movement speed significantly when you're without a travel power. It's more situational than the other 2, but worth noting.

I love Unrelenting. It makes things a bit nicer when you lose a travel power, but it helps greatly in this alert in particular.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    [Ice Granade]
  • cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ice Grenades to interrupt his data rain.

I get a lot of mileage out of Evasive Maneuvers in here. It feels very dynamic to use it as a quick flip back into a pillar. I wish more content felt that way.
    [Eruption] :tongue:

/thread
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • lunaw78lunaw78 Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    [Ice Granade]

Guys you really aren`t affraid they will "fix" the alert and the Ice grenades and many simmilar devices or powers will be immune to the "data rain"?

I want to make a guide about custom alerts! Should I include these informations about how you can disrupt the "data rain"?
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lunaw78 wrote: »
    Guys you really aren`t affraid they will "fix" the alert and the Ice grenades and many simmilar devices or powers will be immune to the "data rain"?

I want to make a guide about custom alerts! Should I include these informations about how you can disrupt the "data rain"?

Interrupts do assist with things, and he is affected by them, although the interruption of Viral Storm seems more like a side effect of the broken CC system we have rather then intended interrupt mechanics.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd include it. Right now it works and I believe it's working as intended. I'm not worried about them making the data rain uninterruptible, because the alert is very completable either way. The grenades just help.