test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Videos where you use unique builds and don't get destroyed.

Comments

• Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I totally agree.That doesn't mean ebon ruin has to get nerfed. Heals and dodge should be the ones to get a nerf.
    Most PvP builds are almost unbeatable if you don't take ER or Pestilence. Unless you are a super squishy dps that is.

Alot to work on, cooldown reduction, massive heal boosts, some ******** specs, maybe Versatility, dodge and avoidance being easy as hell to acquire.

• Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Cool build, I look forward to the video where you use it in bash. Remember to request to be farmed :3

To be honest though, I'm not really hopeful. One person had you constantly on the defensive, once you get into BASH you're gonna drop like a stump rolling up a hill.

Execuses now please ;p
    Sry, you said nothing about BASH so the build got a retcon. This is my only ff , so I can't spend 1k gs for you smooch ;p.

You were proven wrong, I was right, accept this and move on.How about you try PvP'ing for a change?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    Alot to work on, cooldown reduction, massive heal boosts, some ******** specs, maybe Versatility, dodge and avoidance being easy as hell to acquire.

Just adding powers that have dodge penetration could have some results too. That's I expect them to do...some day next year.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Execuses now please ;p
    Sry, you said nothing about BASH so the build got a retcon. This is my only ff , so I can't spend 1k gs for you smooch ;p.

You were proven wrong, I was right, accept this and move on.How about you try PvP'ing for a change?

Post #5 in this thread. It was established very early on, and you can't just go ignoring parts of the challenge just because you know they'll make it difficult. Not my fault you didn't read past the first post :tongue: Challenge still stands.

Don't worry, I don't actually expect you to try to bash with that build, because we both know that wouldn't work out, especially if you adhere to that stipulation you missed.

A 20 minute duel where you never had a chance doesn't really prove anything... hell, even I can make a build that could pull that off :P This isn't the "BOOMRAWR" challenge after all.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Theory-fighting yet again. Absolutely ridiculous.

Why you aint in game showin ppl whats wat?

• Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Haters gonna hate, cuz this is how I roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r5byXcQMGg
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Post #5 in this thread. It was established very early on, and you can't just go ignoring parts of the challenge just because you know they'll make it difficult. Not my fault you didn't read past the first post :tongue: Challenge still stands.

A 20 minute duel where you never had a chance doesn't really prove anything... hell, even I can make a build that could pull that off :P This isn't the "BOOMRAWR" challenge after all.

Hehe, whatever smoochy, I don't really care about the challenge( which was stated on post 1 and page 4 where you removed some poahs). I only wanted to prove you wrong, and I did...the rest is just talking =-O.
    Unsure about the "we both know " part, since you were just proven wrong...I can't really take that seriously until you provide some evidence of knowing something...
    Speaking of evidence, I'd love to see a build of yours that is able to do what I did, no restrictions 4 u tho, just stand 10 mins in a duel vs Stairs the alien.
    For the others here, Purin and Pallih, our duels were exciting and really fun. You gonna upload that bloodmind vid penny? Malware, yeah money makes the world spin.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hehe, whatever smoochy, I don't really care about the challenge( which was stated on post 1 and page 4 where you removed some poahs). I only wanted to prove you wrong, and I did...the rest is just talking =-O.
    Unsure about the "we both know " part, since you were just proven wrong...I can't really take that seriously until you provide some evidence of knowing something...
    Speaking of evidence, I'd love to see a build of yours that is able to do what I did, no restrictions 4 u tho, just stand 10 mins in a duel vs Stairs the alien.
    For the others here, Purin and Pallih, our duels were exciting and really fun. You gonna upload that bloodmind vid penny? Malware, yeah money makes the world spin.

If someone told you their build was better than yours, and for their proof they dueled you for twenty minutes and never actually got close to killing you, you would then admit that that person was a very skilled builder and pvper, correct?

Because I know someone who you would think is an amazing pvper.

You can tell yourself that you proved something, and that's fine; if pvp consisted entirely of duels, then you might even have had a point. You didn't beat the challenge... and if you didn't care about the challenge, then I really don't understand all the effort you put into posting in the thread and making the video. I also won't understand what the reason is that you'll be posting all the responses you're going to make after this either.

Strange... so many people who don't care about this challenge, but are desperately trying to either invalidate it, or find a sneaky stipulation to beat it with. Conundrum.

• Options
    edited July 2013

Well, if you make a supertank then you lose points because supertanks would hardly be using a unique power setup, unless you have some truly unique way of making a supertank in which case you would get many many points!

...You do understand how silly you look right now,yes?
    Come on smooch,you know you ain't gonna win this,you can't win something you don't know,you are clueless about pvp today,if you know something come prove it in-game.

Also,that post of yours continues......

Doing well within the context of bash would mean getting kills without having to let someone else do most of the work while defending yourself against multiple attackers and standing a reasonable chance of not dying while also not having to run and hide constantly. So it doesn't count if you're getting kills via tagging, or just getting a hit or two in on someone who's being destroyed by other players. It also doesn't count if people are nice and don't attack you because they notice that your build is less than optimized.

Basically, I'm asking you to do what someone using a standard pvp setup can do, while using as little of the standard setup as possible, and film it. The more you deviate from the standard "you gotta do this to do good in pvp" setup, the more points you get.

The way i see it,and please clarify on that,since i might just have misunderstood,you are asking to do what every standard pvp build does,without using the pvp build.Dueling is PvP,and many standard pvp builders duel.Also you say what doing well means "within the concept of bash" hehe,you never said that one should go in BASH with the build,just what doing well in BASH means.

Get over it smooch,you contradict yourself....:cool:
  • Options
    p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why not show it to us here, then? The Power House planner has a handy-dandy export function that lets you post to the forums; should make it easy enough to show the vets how wrong they are.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I suppose it could be a good idea.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    ...You do understand how silly you look right now,yes?
    Come on smooch,you know you ain't gonna win this,you can't win something you don't know,you are clueless about pvp today,if you know something come prove it in-game.

Also,that post of yours continues......

The way i see it,and please clarify on that,since i might just have misunderstood,you are asking to do what every standard pvp build does,without using the pvp build.Dueling is PvP,and many standard pvp builders duel.Also you say what doing well means "within the concept of bash" hehe,you never said that one should go in BASH with the build,just what doing well in BASH means.

Get over it smooch,you contradict yourself....:cool:

How could "within the context of bash" mean anything other than being in bash? No really... how could anyone possibly misinterpret or misunderstand that?

If you think you can figure out if someone is a super tank during the course of a 1v1 duel... then I'm not sure you understand pvp now... or ever. That's like someone sayin "Hey I can tank an alert... I'm a super tank". You're simply not measuring your survival in the correct context.

Yeah, you know all about contradicting yourself.

If you think a build that only works in duels against one specific person, without ever being able to come close to a win, is 100% pvp viable...well, the least that can be said is that Cryptic loves you for that.

• Options
    nesnonesno Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am excited by Nesno's acceptance of the challenge. Completely devoid of hope of course, but still excited.

I showed someone I trust without question what I'm making today to be legit, perhaps they will post something here as well. You will not be disappointed. What your going to see has never been done before and it rapes dodge.

I'm level 35 now and I've obtained legacy stealth gear and full sets of legions, I have 5 more levels and my mods. So the day is near. The build does use quarry but does not use the normal stats int/con/stght or strght/int/con the build does not have ER, but does use stealth to combat ascension. This is a fusion of melee and Range.

-Xeno
  • Options
    xeirosxeiros Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I believe that's the whole list. May have forgot some; don't worry, if I remember an obvious one later I'll make sure to deduct points ;). I won't be doing anything like "Oh, you managed to make Fire Strike work... well now it's not allowed!", since that would obviously produce unrealistic and fictional results.

This challenge has nothing to do with theme. Points will neither be added nor subtracted based on whether or not the participant adheres to a theme.
    What exactly are you basing that list on? Also the fact that you think you can just "Add" more powers to it as you see fit and expect anyone to take you seriously is laughable. Look! I'm going to continuously alter the rules in order to suit my desires. I can see it now, someone makes a video and you try to refute it by going oh those are all really good powers that I just forgot to include in my forbidden list which I shall now update.

Also ... sonic boom generator ... Really?! That has got to be one of the worst damage powers on your little list there by a country mile. What was going through your head when you included that? I have never seen any serious PvP build use that power ever. Why did you include DU, but not DC or DW? Don't bother changing it now. It'll just invalidate all the nothing you've contributed thus far. Who are you in game? What toon do you pvp with or do you not actually pvp at all? The difference between those that do nothing but troll away on the hero games forums and those that actually play this games pvp becomes all too obvious.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

How could "within the context of bash" mean anything other than being in bash? No really... how could anyone possibly misinterpret or misunderstand that?

If you think you can figure out if someone is a super tank during the course of a 1v1 duel... then I'm not sure you understand pvp now... or ever. That's like someone sayin "Hey I can tank an alert... I'm a super tank". You're simply not measuring your survival in the correct context.

Yeah, you know all about contradicting yourself.

If you think a build that only works in duels against one specific person, without ever being able to come close to a win, is 100% pvp viable...well, the least that can be said is that Cryptic loves you for that.

Rage some more?:eek:
    Calm down, it's expected, you couldn't win this one.
    The way u see it, you never said that you had to do BASH ;-(). You just found a great excuse to change the challenge at that point.BASH is a part of PvP,so I thought you meant that if you want to do bash, then this is what you have to do. Also, dueling is a part of PvP, doing well in a duel means either that you win,get a draw, or lose after a long battle.Sorry I didn't clarify myself, I thought we were the pps who don't clarify things .
    As to supertanks, again, you prove me right, you haven't seen the damage people do nowadays, so isn't a build that can stand 14k damage or so a supertank? Show us your supertanks smoochy, plss ~...^
    Alerts weren't mentioned on this thread, I guess you are trying to derail it into something you have done in the past 11 months? And, well again you are talking about things you have no idea of, go see the video again. There are 3 duels, and 2 people that I duel.
    Finally, the comment about me not understanding PvP, said by you, really gave me a good laugh, ok, NOW GET REAL.
    I've done my part here, and really, I dont have the time to continue trying to put some sense in you. You probably won't do your part, and try PvP yourself.
    Have fun!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Looks like Santa brought someone an extra y chromosome for Christmas.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We should all revive the WOLVERBOMBER build :D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    nesno2 wrote: »
    Looks like Santa brought someone an extra y chromosome for Christmas.

update by xeno :P

[7/25 16:46] [Tell] Xenomorph Drone@nesno2: i knew that troll you a little bit but it was to make you laugh

[7/25 16:47] [Tell] Xenomorph Drone@nesno2: i know your going to use that one liner yourself someday

aghuehuehue,veri fun
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is no point in this thread anymore, all builds have been invalidated. Go home, smoke glass and chrome

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I showed someone I trust without question what I'm making today to be legit, perhaps they will post something here as well. You will not be disappointed. What your going to see has never been done before and it rapes dodge.

I'm level 35 now and I've obtained legacy stealth gear and full sets of legions, I have 5 more levels and my mods. So the day is near. The build does use quarry but does not use the normal stats int/con/stght or strght/int/con the build does not have ER, but does use stealth to combat ascension. This is a fusion of melee and Range.

-Xeno

Like I said, I'm excited, but still devoid of hope. Don't pull a sterg please, of all people I know you could possibly beat this challenge without trying to be a "sneaky minx" about it.
    xeiros wrote: »
    What exactly are you basing that list on? Also the fact that you think you can just "Add" more powers to it as you see fit and expect anyone to take you seriously is laughable. Look! I'm going to continuously alter the rules in order to suit my desires. I can see it now, someone makes a video and you try to refute it by going oh those are all really good powers that I just forgot to include in my forbidden list which I shall now update.

Also ... sonic boom generator ... Really?! That has got to be one of the worst damage powers on your little list there by a country mile. What was going through your head when you included that? I have never seen any serious PvP build use that power ever. Why did you include DU, but not DC or DW? Don't bother changing it now. It'll just invalidate all the nothing you've contributed thus far. Who are you in game? What toon do you pvp with or do you not actually pvp at all? The difference between those that do nothing but troll away on the hero games forums and those that actually play this games pvp becomes all too obvious.

It's a list of powers that have been commonly used. Some less commonly than others, but all saw periods of high popularity. If you believe that any of the powers on there are awful powers that are no good anyways, then consider it a bonus that you can't use them in your build, since by your account they would only make it unable to compete anyways.

Thank you for mentioning Dragons Claws and Dragons Wrath, I figured I forgot something on there. I'll add them now, though to be honest anyone who tried to use either of those powers and claimed originality... come on.

Rage some more?:eek:
    Calm down, it's expected, you couldn't win this one.
    The way u see it, you never said that you had to do BASH ;-(). You just found a great excuse to change the challenge at that point.BASH is a part of PvP,so I thought you meant that if you want to do bash, then this is what you have to do. Also, dueling is a part of PvP, doing well in a duel means either that you win,get a draw, or lose after a long battle.Sorry I didn't clarify myself, I thought we were the pps who don't clarify things .
    As to supertanks, again, you prove me right, you haven't seen the damage people do nowadays, so isn't a build that can stand 14k damage or so a supertank? Show us your supertanks smoochy, plss ~...^
    Alerts weren't mentioned on this thread, I guess you are trying to derail it into something you have done in the past 11 months? And, well again you are talking about things you have no idea of, go see the video again. There are 3 duels, and 2 people that I duel.
    Finally, the comment about me not understanding PvP, said by you, really gave me a good laugh, ok, NOW GET REAL.
    I've done my part here, and really, I dont have the time to continue trying to put some sense in you. You probably won't do your part, and try PvP yourself.
    Have fun!

I have tried pvp myself. When I threw a bunch of these powers into my build... boom, suddenly I was doing great. When I remove them, suddenly not so much anymore. It also doesn't take much to observe that many of these powers are being used by the vast majority of pvpers, except the ones who somehow never manage to do well. Further, ask any of the pvp pros what heals and actives you should use, and the answers are going to be consistent across the board, and have been for a long long time.

Have all the good laughs you like, talk about raging all you want; bash was a stipulation that you didn't follow...and I don't blame you, nobody likes going into bash just to be farmed.
    pallihwtf wrote: »
    There is no point in this thread anymore, all builds have been invalidated. Go home, smoke glass and chrome

I'd love to totally stump you by giving you a good reason why any post in this section of the forums isn't pointless... but... yeah.

• Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I haven't seen any vids posted, lol
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Like I said, I'm excited, but still devoid of hope. Don't pull a sterg please, of all people I know you could possibly beat this challenge without trying to be a "sneaky minx" about it.

The problem is when your opponent moves into phase 2 which is ascension with some active defense. The best way to survive that is to just nade them and wait it out. I wish it wasent so but the best defense vs that is to not get hit at all.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You want proof that a 'unique' build can do well in pvp? Fine, here it is. Don't feel too bad that you don't know what you're talking about.

http://youtu.be/pkNh2GE8ZR8

I have 2 of your 'bad' powers, but only because they fit my theme. That's right, this is a theme build too and I didnt really even make it for pvp and somehow i did fine.

also its a melee build so you can count this for the "is melee viable" thread too.
  • Options
    xeirosxeiros Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    You want proof that a 'unique' build can do well in pvp? Fine, here it is. Don't feel too bad that you don't know what you're talking about.

http://youtu.be/pkNh2GE8ZR8

I have 2 of your 'bad' powers, but only because they fit my theme. That's right, this is a theme build too and I didnt really even make it for pvp and somehow i did fine.

also its a melee build so you can count this for the "is melee viable" thread too.
    Oh man this is hilarious! Good show!
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Post it already!!!!

- Not Penny

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    p0temk1np0temk1n Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    oobtree wrote: »
    An email from the real Nesno:

"Please go to this link http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=45990 and let everyone know the guy posting under ?Nesno? and signing his post as Xenomorph Drone is not me."

My guess, that's another lucidity troll account.

No more needs to be said.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    heres some more proof. its a duel but i got a good opponent, you cant deny that surviving against this guy this long proves that my theme build is 100% viable http://youtu.be/m3u-DJxkkQ0
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    heres some more proof. its a duel but i got a good opponent, you cant deny that surviving against this guy this long proves that my theme build is 100% viable http://youtu.be/m3u-DJxkkQ0

Genius. I forgive you, foxi.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Looking back on this thread, it's kinda funny to read about Xeno's epic comeback and making of an uber unique build...
    To inform you, his unique builds where a quarry str/con/int with pretty much the average 2gm layout but with a lunge and chainsaw over 2gm, and an aopm chest beam/shoulder launcher 12k hp toon.
    Forget about it guys, only builders CO has seen since on alert hit were Dark Legend, Green and Kien whenever he decides to stop acting like a @&%*
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It's funny to see where Dark Legend came from though.

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    At the moment ima toying with the idea of a pure force build just so I can legitly' say the lines, I am the master of magnet , WELCOME TO DIE!

younger peeps might need to google that :P
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Looking back on this thread, it's kinda funny to read about Xeno's epic comeback and making of an uber unique build...
    To inform you, his unique builds where a quarry str/con/int with pretty much the average 2gm layout but with a lunge and chainsaw over 2gm, and an aopm chest beam/shoulder launcher 12k hp toon.
    Forget about it guys, only builders CO has seen since on alert hit were Dark Legend, Green and Kien whenever he decides to stop acting like a @&%*

I really take exception to this on my first night back with rank 5 mods and crap gear where I got to play for a few hours with chainsaw before my fan club managed to get my account banned again.

Now that you want to call me out on the forums Im going to make an exception of you.
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited August 2013

offended. :<

My ice form sleep sr using endurance wasn't original enough. But really PSS wise there is no point getting recovery or endurance, dex is simply the best.

Trying to make a pure new build that doesn't just use a combo of the best powers is next to imposible and your rather stupid if you do start taking powers just because you think others don't use them. I'm currently using quarry because rather stupidly it ends up allowing me to hit the same as if I had ice form while also making me dodge chance 100%.

I've attempted a chainsaw build like what xeno made a while ago and tried to make it work but it simply doesn't hit enough in burst to knock-stun then kill them in those 2 seconds. It only hits slightly more than tgm infact.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

My ice form sleep sr using endurance wasn't original enough. But really PSS wise there is no point getting recovery or endurance, dex is simply the best.

Trying to make a pure new build that doesn't just use a combo of the best powers is next to imposible and your rather stupid if you do start taking powers just because you think others don't use them. I'm currently using quarry because rather stupidly it ends up allowing me to hit the same as if I had ice form while also making me dodge chance 100%.

I've attempted a chainsaw build like what xeno made a while ago and tried to make it work but it simply doesn't hit enough in burst to knock-stun then kill them in those 2 seconds. It only hits slightly more than tgm infact.

Everything you said is the truth.

To make chainsaw work again, it takes INT SS and Pen Core and can only be used as a closer, it has viability since it cuts through the insane dodge mechanics now. Needs to be combine with the rush buff and a Knockup. Then saw their cracks. You wont always be successful but I still think chainsaw is the coolest power in the game since it has such a personal touch. Combine it with megladon chum from lemuria for style.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Everything you said is the truth.

To make chainsaw work again, it takes INT SS and Pen Core and can only be used as a closer, it has viability since it cuts through the insane dodge mechanics now. Needs to be combine with the rush buff and a Knockup. Then saw their cracks. You wont always be successful but I still think chainsaw is the coolest power in the game since it has such a personal touch. Combine it with megladon chum from lemuria for style.

There are a few problems with that set up though. One big problem would be that your cri chance will be pretty low, probably around 20 something. Along side this you'll only have 75% severity, this means that you'll mainly be relying on resistance and minus resistances. I find it's best to mix the two, 100% serverity is the amount to aim for IMO.

You'll probably only get 20-30% resistance ignored from int with 200-300 int which you would have with stacks of quarry. Another problem is that IMO int doesn't really give anything that great in any of it's other stuff. Dex is better for quarry too be honest.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I really take exception to this on my first night back with rank 5 mods and crap gear where I got to play for a few hours with chainsaw before my fan club managed to get my account banned again.

Now that you want to call me out on the forums Im going to make an exception of you.

Sorry Xeno, it's just the truth.About the gears really? You said u had full legions, and besides Green won us a tourney with heroics and low ranked mods. I'm not trying to be offensive, I just am by nature. And when you say in forums I accept the challenge while using the usual stuff with just one different power in game, it is funny. Furthermore, you gave everyone actual proof that being a PvP god is just using eruptions after the imbue nerf, and having 10 teammates in bash while imbue was OP.
    That wasn't an epic comeback xeno, it was a disaster.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sorry Xeno, it's just the truth.About the gears really? You said u had full legions, and besides Green won us a tourney with heroics and low ranked mods. I'm not trying to be offensive, I just am by nature. And when you say in forums I accept the challenge while using the usual stuff with just one different power in game, it is funny. Furthermore, you gave everyone actual proof that being a PvP god is just using eruptions after the imbue nerf, and having 10 teammates in bash while imbue was OP.
    That wasn't an epic comeback xeno, it was a disaster.

Damn, you mad bro? ;D
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Hey come on, you, I, Aphrodite have all been miles behind them. Whenever one of them makes a new build, it instantly becomes the FOTM.
    And about the chainsaw build, smoke grenade+ice cage+lunge+,chainsaw-sonic device.Int/con /dex is what I use for squishy dps
    Around 9k hp, only one gambler's in primary offense, gloves of piercing with a crit sev core. From the int pss specs boosting bonuses received by all other stats crit chance should be fine.
    I like using NW for the extra penetration and low charge times, which also offers more survival against stealth sighters. However, I never go for full dps and use IDF as a form, since you are melee you don't want a random SR to one shot kill you. Otherwise, Laser knight or parry would be good too.
  • Options
    extramofilextramofil Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Forget about it guys, only builders CO has seen since on alert hit were Dark Legend, Green and Kien whenever he decides to stop acting like a @&amp;%*

I have yet to see Dark Legend to produce an original build. The guy used to use the builds Kien told him to use.
    - Spetzi
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    extramofil wrote: »
    I have yet to see Dark Legend to produce an original build. The guy used to use the builds Kien told him to use.
    - Spetzi

I dunno am unsure about what he did or how, being in SoT, he was the only one who seemed to be original, the rest just asked him "would it be okei if I swapped ebon ruin for pbr?". You are probably right, am not sure about how things were done since I joined them late and left early XD.
    Probably then, during the sg wars no one was using something original.
    Btw Forz did you have a pestilence/PBR build back then?The name was Mechassault I think and it worked very well in bash...
    Probably I should've said soulstrike rather than DL...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Personally I have never witnessed an original build from any who you mentioned purely because of the time I came back to the game. The FOTM has been the same since Christmas when I came back. I think due to the state of the powers at the moment it is close to impossible to create an original and stylish build that can win against the top players. A big problem with all my builds is that I never really have any healing and my health is usually super low. I personally don't like bash ending with no kills and duels that don't end.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ah yeah, pre alert...those were the days when 70% of the level 40s pvped.
    Hope that when I get back to my pc at home in 9 months or so, the game will still exist and PvP will be full of players...
    But yes, right now you have to build tankish builds 'coz sooner or later with 3-4 pps in bash they will go for you...and tank type builds make pve farmin easier too.
    (by saying tank I don't mean defiance with con primary, but str/con/int aopm with high dodge/defense/heals)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Spetz is part right on this Sters. DL got into the PvP crowd when he got addicted to my completly worthless Pesti-Munitions (then PBR) build, it was originally Noreck, something he stuck with for months.

At that time AoPM cascaders already existed and there were plenty of them, drawn from Kenpo's build directory with... Man-of-Light being the author of it at that time? Also, who wouldn't want to try the most powerful attack with Imbue anyways? It was common knowledge. He was just pulled into the AoPM Cascade crowd with the rest with simply more dedication and presence, no.. innovation.

I'd also very much like to go back to Shadow Form or Pestilence but dodge is a no-brainer these days.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I had no idea forz, probably came a bit late. And yeah it's hard to last long enough with a not-so-dodgy build nowadays. Thanks spetzii and forz for clarifying.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    How to get people to try and farm you in bash:

1. Have 5k health

2. When you fall low on health don't heal up but stay around on no health at all like a derp.

3. Have enough damage to kill anyone without them being able to do anything about it.

4. Offend each and every player and rage trollishly 24/7 using repetitive phrases.

Thankfully I never do the 4th :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    O.o it begun talking about winning pvperz again...what realm u on? O.o
  • Options
    mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    LOL
    just say xenomorph :wink: and his new build.
    LAWL is all i can say

5 kittens were killed in the making of it. :biggrin:
    edited August 2013
    How to get people to try and farm you in bash:

1. Have 5k health

2. When you fall low on health don't heal up but stay around on no health at all like a derp.

3. Have enough damage to kill anyone without them being able to do anything about it.

4. Offend each and every player and rage trollishly 24/7 using repetitive phrases.

Thankfully I never do the 4th :)

Don't forget to spam Teleport in order to anger the few ones not having stealth sights and making them hell bent on fly-swatting you.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    Don't forget to spam Teleport in order to anger the few ones not having stealth sights and making them hell bent on fly-swatting you.

Lol if anything this would just make it harder for them to farm you, combine teleport with EM and no one can see you.
  • Options
    blatantmynxblatantmynx Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mortals_and_their_"unique"_builds

like_aeodie's_human_pokemon_master_device_noob_bash_support_build_v2.0

haha^_^

Impossible is nothing.