test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So this Cryptic North lot who are they exactly?

124»

Comments

• bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I'm doing: Wait and see if the things I've said are remotely true and hope I'm proved wrong.

The optimist in me sees that this is great news. The realist in me says "If it's such great news, how come we didn't hear about this amazing new studio just for us six months ago, how come we still haven't heard from Cryptic that this studio exists, and lastly, if this were such a great thing for Champions, don't you think the people in charge would want to hype this up to us, since the game has been on maintenance mode for like a year now?"

The fact that no one at Cryptic seems to give a wad enough to announce this to us makes me feel that it doesn't really pertain to us. Like I said before, I think what Cryptic North is going to bring us is "Business as usual since January 2013."

I hate to agree but I do. (Not that I have anything against you, it is just a sad thing to agree with.)

There are so many little things they could do to start getting people to start becoming positive that it says alot when nothing has come from there end. There have been some really nice designs that have come out of the last few events, and the newer costume pieces have been great (texture glitches aside.)

But it has been two years since any real content was added, and this years speaks poorly for the game. The ball is in Cryptic's court right now. Wait and see is all we can really do, we all know we will never get any real information from anyone here.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited June 2013

So which are you, and how will you choose to proceed? We can't control the devs or Cryptic, but you can control your own attitude and actions.

I think I've already implied that I was taking a "wait and see" approach. I've given them a year to show any material form of progress and I certainly hope that they seize that year and make what they can of it. But if they don't, at least I remained cautious in my expectations.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's been a while. Plenty of time. Nothing through Trailturtle. Nothing from them directly.

As of this point, after this long, I am assuming these guys are just running routine maintenance and will be snagged over to STO or Neverwhatever.

I refuse to have faith because I've seen nothing. Some people drop their faith in religions they've been raised in for this same reason, and this is just a mere game.

I hope their next project is about superheroes.
  • slumpywpgslumpywpg Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    didn't they already tell us what to expect from the coming year? Auras and more temporary events?

I wouldn't expect anything more even after this "announcement".
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think I found them........consider CO as the used, old bottle:biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVzAJbEkyyU

BritFist.png
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Time to strategically expand lockboxes I suppose. No playing around anymore.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    slumpywpg wrote: »
    didn't they already tell us what to expect from the coming year? Auras and more temporary events?

I wouldn't expect anything more even after this "announcement".

Don't expect auras unless you want a letdown. Pretty sure they were vague about it.