test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crytic: Show some decency and explain this:

13»

Comments

• fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I would like to see more of is the same monthly ask cryptic threads. It was nice to see the generic questions answered but would like to see some of the other questions that were ignored answered.

Honestly that is all they ever do is answer the fluff questions, and dodge the ones we really want answers to. It's partly the community's fault as there are people who always provide them an out by asking stupid questions.

what's your favorite ice cream. How many times do you fart in a day?
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly that is all they ever do is answer the fluff questions, and dodge the ones we really want answers to. It's partly the community's fault as there are people who always provide them an out by asking stupid questions.

what's your favorite ice cream. How many times do you fart in a day?

I'm not gonna fault anyone for trying to bring some levity to the party and to be fair Cryptic DID provide some hints while answering the bacon jerky question. Before then, they simply wasted space seriously answering questions like that.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • theomnikrontheomnikron Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    True, but I've been trying to stay off the other games boards as the amount of activity from staff and devs are very active and its depressing. What's constantly brought up is the vast empty promises of things to come and whats in store for the game. Besides temp events, is there anything that we can look forward to for the remining of the year? As a realetive new player I haven't gone through all of the content but, I only hope that there is some plan for hiring one or two more devs or even bringing the same amount back from the other projects.

What I'm asking is can we at least get the courtesy of a response, to at least get something. I know TT is doing his best and I would hate to be put in his shoes.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's almost been a year since the Until report has been updated and I can't remember the last time we had a State of the Game, or when we last heard from our EP, Do we still have the same EP? It has been over 6 months. The last ask Cryptic, aside from the Malvan hint, didn't actually answer much of anything.

The last great update came with the Harbinger fight, but that was removed because of space. I'm beginning to suspect that 'tech issues' is a code for the inefficient nature of whatever systems Cryptic has in place.

When every other game received a bonus from the NW Founder packs, CO had been forgotten. They scrambled at the last minute to try and find something to give use. They claim to have had something but tech issues were preventing them from giving it to us, and they would try to find another way to give us this 'reward'. (Probably in a gamble box)
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not gonna fault anyone for trying to bring some levity to the party and to be fair Cryptic DID provide some hints while answering the bacon jerky question. Before then, they simply wasted space seriously answering questions like that.

Yes, lordgar did give us that.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel like, every time this thread pops up, "all these bugs" is a constant refrain. Specifically, the idea that we get more bugs introduced with each new patch, and the number of longstanding bugs isn't addressed to counter it. I mean, tell me if I'm nuts, but is this not about the biggest issue we've currently got going on?
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will freely admit that I'm only here because I miss CoH. My issues with the game are more along the lines of what has been put forth in this and other threads: the lack of dev involvement, the bugs that stubbornly refuse to be fixed, the bugs that do get fixed turn out to be the ones that worked in the players' favor, the crappy costume options (talking about the issues mentioned here, with pieces not working together, not commenting on the graphics).

What will likely keep me coming back to this forum, even after I've given up on the game out of frustration at the unaddressed issues, is you. The fact that the game is barely on the sunny side of broken, but here you are, shouting, screaming, kicking for attention, trying to get your game fixed, instead of saying @#$% it and walking away, that gives me some hope.

This game is not City of Heroes. No game will be, but one of the big things that kept me interested in CIty of Heroes was the community. I've seen events like Angel of Caine's memorial in other games that were griefed by bored, @$$hole kids. I was there, but I don't remember which instance of RC I ended up in. Lots of people were asking what was going on, and a couple even joined in, but no one reacted negatively. There were a lot of people who expressed condolences, or said, "that sucks," and then moved along about their business, but no one ever said anything to disparage what was happening. You know where else you would've seen that?

I'm sorry that we miss our game. Many of us are here because this is as close as we can get. Yeah, it's a little like hitting on your ex-girlfriend's sister after getting dumped, but, if you'll, give us a chance, I think you'll find that we'll settle in and offer a positive contribution. This was the only game that actively welcomed us in, even going so far as to offer a "how to adapt to our system" thread. I know we can be like the annoying little brother, at times, but we'll get used to each other, if you'll give us a chance.

[/soapbox] :wink:

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're missing the point in your little flame-attempt here.

The point is, someone's entry was chosen, and they have yet to implement that entry into the game without so much as a peep. It doesn't matter what these are or what they look like.

It's about holding someone to what they said they were doing for the players, not about 'dur-hurr, it sux lawl'.

Flame attempt? If that was a flame attempt, I'll be the first to admit it was a weak and pathetic flame.

It wasn't a flame attempt. It was just an amusing thought I had. Nothing more.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • target1onetarget1one Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dubious. I've been in similar positions in the past as a transitional position, but I still have many organizational problems. I can keep things running, but I don't delegate well and I tend to get too worked up instead of balancing myself.

Trailturtle, don't sell yourself short. You would be a HUGE improvement over what we're have now, which is nothing. Frankly, Champions Online HAS no leadership, because if it did, things would be getting done... things besides more lockboxes, that is.

Target1one

"ENOUGH!!! You are ALL of you BENEATH me! I am a GOD, you dull creature, and I will NOT be BULLIED by--" -- Loki

*SMASH* *SMASH* *SMASH* <pause> *SMASHSMASH* "... puny god..." -- Hulk
    edited May 2013
    The last state of the game, according to the search I just did, was June 2012. When was that improved communication suppose to happen?
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go away for months. Come back to find the forums filled with rage posts as normal.

It's like an endless resource. Bottle it and we can feed the world.
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Go away for months. Come back to find the forums filled with rage posts as normal.

Has it occurred to you that it could be less 'a bunch of whiny people play this game', and more 'there are some legitimate problems with Champions Online'?

I'm just saying, look at the more likely possibility.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You'll know the game is truly dead when nobody complains on the forum.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »

Forum misery, its not just for breakfast anymore.
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...look at the more likely possibility.

The most likely possibilty is the legtimate problems being amplified by whinybutts.
    Forum misery, its not just for breakfast anymore.

Like whiskey.
    Problems being amplified by whiny butts?

Let me see if I follow your logic:

The legitimate problems with this games are made worse when people bring them up, because magic squirrel farts...

OR

People shouldn't vocalize displeasure with a product they've paid for, when they have legitimate complaints.

Both of these make about the same amount of sense.
    edited May 2013
    A lot of the complaints and discord within these forums could be solved with a little more communication. There are very legitimate reasons for the discourse on the forums.

Sure it won't get rid of all of it, but silence is just as bad as too much information.

Silence leads players to speculate and come up with their own reasons for why things are they way the are. This is what lead to the theory of how many devs we have. Heck we don't even know if Brad is still the EP, he was promoted to the position 6 months after Rob had been promoted, which was 6 months after the previous guy had been promoted.

TT does an amazing job with what he is given, but as I pointed out the last State of the Game was last june. Since then we had one ask cryptic sneak onto the forums. Which was filled with the standard fluff, and while they did hint at the Malvan event they avoided any of the hot topic questions that had been asked multiple times by multiple players.
  • danlimdanlim Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this should be cryptic's theme song to co:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhrBDcQq2DM

enjoy :) ... dan :)
  • khadharkhadhar Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where is this? What a slap in the face to this contest winner that actually put effort into this. It's a sad day when your way of rewarding the community with something fun never happens, despite promise.

"Given pyrokinesis by Dr. Destroyer, just cause" and "Fridge repairman bitten by a cursed fridge"... Yeah, all that effort wasted!

32.jpg?1316156400
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,582 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We get a lot of communication from the rep. What we are truly lacking is state of the game updates.

Which is hard to do when there isn't a plan beyond the next weekly patch.
    edited May 2013
    We get a lot of communication from the rep. What we are truly lacking is state of the game updates.

Which is hard to do when there isn't a plan beyond the next weekly patch.

Most of the communication we get is either "sorry can't talk about that" or "we can't do that because of tech issues."

TT does a great job of interacting with us, and being awesome at what his position, but the devs haven't given him anything substantial to tell us.
  • riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dubious. I've been in similar positions in the past as a transitional position, but I still have many organizational problems. I can keep things running, but I don't delegate well and I tend to get too worked up instead of balancing myself.

You'd be infinitely better than whomever is in charge at the moment since they are putting no effort in whatsoever. We need someone in charge that cares about this game for more than just a paycheck, and so far the only person who seems to care is you.
  • atringatring Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riltmos wrote: »
    You'd be infinitely better than whomever is in charge at the moment since they are putting no effort in whatsoever. We need someone in charge that cares about this game for more than just a paycheck, and so far the only person who seems to care is you.

That's not entirely fair. Caring and being in a position to act on it are two completely different things.

Part of the problem since December, 2012.
  • dinosaurfacedinosaurface Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    honestly answer this: if you worked on this game, would you feel anything other than shame or frustration?

this game is such a shoddily run project anybody who touches it should be ashamed of themselves
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    khadhar wrote: »
    "Given pyrokinesis by Dr. Destroyer, just cause" and "Fridge repairman bitten by a cursed fridge"... Yeah, all that effort wasted!

32.jpg?1316156400
    Hey, they picked them. How 'good' they were is irrelevant.

Of course, I can't gripe- I didn't finish my ideas in time...
  • buttterfingerbuttterfinger Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just read this entire thread, and I don't even play this game.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    honestly answer this: if you worked on this game, would you feel anything other than shame or frustration?

this game is such a shoddily run project anybody who touches it should be ashamed of themselves

So you are saying that CO is such an unclean thing that nobody should ever try to fix it, and those who do should be considered bad people? :rolleyes:
  • pelomixapelomixa Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Where is this? What a slap in the face to this contest winner that actually put effort into this. It's a sad day when your way of rewarding the community with something fun never happens, despite promise.

Prove me wrong and show me some changes or an updated status.

Still hasn't been fixed.

This was awesome for the two weeks we could enjoy it. Thanks, I guess...

Seems like this would be one of the easiest things to make, but where is it?

Literally none of these things have happened. A load of B.S.

Look, more B.S.

The trend continues.

Nothing like how you described it here, at all. And it was fun for the short time we could enjoy it. Adding content and removing it is stupid.

Each and every line of the above is a complete load of bullsh*t. Mind you, the adventure with Vladic Dracul in the Victorian Era? You didn't have the 'nads to come out and say that it wasn't happening. Trailturtle had to spill the beans in an unrelated thread.

I have absolutely ZERO faith that any of the above will happen in any shape or form, given the track record.

So, Cryptic- as you can see you owe this player base, at the very damned least, an explanation and an apology for this absolute FAILURE. Stop depending on your fanboys in the playerbase to make excuses for you.

Balls up, come forward, and let us know what's going on. And we don't give a rat's **** about Neverwinter, so don't even spew that word.

I'm not entirely shocked, corporate GREED at its finest. I'm really starting to hate PW...
    This is really disgusting.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pelomixa wrote: »
    I'm not entirely shocked, corporate GREED at its finest. I'm really starting to hate PW...
    This is really disgusting.

i'm not really sure that it IS corporate greed or PWE, because these things were happening during atari and a little before then as well, just not to the blatant extent it is now. What bothers me is that they're still asking for or accepting any money in this game which should make them responsible for things like development, maintenance, and even proper communications to the game and it's community.

Sadly that's not how it seems to work, though as basic human beings (which also seems to be beyond some peoples grasp) you'd think they'd at least be ashamed at how they've handled this game and it's fan base, not to mention giving TrailTurtle the okay to actually be open and honest with us about what's going on or what isn't. TT seems like a pretty awesome person, so i'm sure there is plenty of time's there are things the players should know, but the higher ups just won't let anyone talk about.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Necro, wow. Some of my finest work.