Options

Future of CO after NWO?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    x0y1x0y1 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    C) They want devs who can communicate directly with their corporate overlords, without having to rely on third-party translation. IIRC, that's seen as the polite thing to do in Chinese society, as well as providing corporate direction with fewer misunderstandings. (Who knows, they might even be able to explain our mindset to them!)

You realize that Cryptic is working on chinese speaking versions of the game. Specific Neverwinter Online -> http://nw.wanmei.com/
    Usually you can find such information with ease if you leave behind the western facebook/twitter/google and use the eastern systems http://e.weibo.com/u/2798580522 .

No Champions Online but the have Saint Seiya Online if floats your boat. :wink:
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What Neverwinter showed me that Cryptic no longer has a desire for superevil! Its all lets be pals carebear stuff over there ( PASS THE SICK BUCKET!) . That means Champions Online will never get super villain play so meh ima back in Trek mostly.
    OH dont get me wrong I still play Champs a couple of days a week and I am having a blast with the improved foundry at Neverwinter ( though the foundry "authors" are the biggest bunch of nobs I have ever met ) .

But Neverwinter caused me and a good few of my pals to play less CO and NW and more STO :<

STO feels more like CoH than CO and thats just WRONG! :<
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    I'm sugar, spice and EVERYTHING nice. Just cause you dont like what I have to say don't mean I'mma stop talking. This is AMERRRCA

LOL where did it say I didn't like what you where saying, I'm a supervillian the more hate the better. I just said Rox does things in a nicer way :P

Also I live in Osaka not AMERRRCA! I get enough of that AMERRRCA! crap from my Texan husband :P
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just glad to know that telepathy is coming, and it will be good for far more than just holds. :P
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And this game will fold. How will that do any good?

this game is going to fold anyways its not even to be here in 2015, they will shut it down, so if it gets shuts down in a few months or a year it makes no difference to me.

they are not going to get 1 cent from me ever again

they went from a B developer when they still had city of heroes back in 2002, to an F now in 2013

because not hiring new developers to expand your company is NOT an excuse when you have 3 major projects on the go.

Where i live here in canada the school i go to the game design graduating class had over 25 grads last term, and its been over 4 months and they are still jobless and submitting resumes all over... and cryptic is not hiring new people?

i'm sorry but that doesn't fly with me, because that is BEYOND poor business practice, if they are looking for work and willing to move, it doesn't matter what country they are from.

but i guess it makes sense to some dumb student like me, and to a manager that makes a 6 figure wage its too hard to figure out
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just glad to know that telepathy is coming, and it will be good for far more than just holds. :P

image.jpeg

Huzzah. Hear Here! and YOU GET A CAR!
    oprah-you-get-a-car-o.gif
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there is no future for this game.. plain and simple. if you think that they are going to put resources into this game after being thrown to the curb for 3 years i i really don't know what you are smoking.

It was ony a little more than one year ago that the game entered it's current state, not three. But I can understand that it feels a lot longer. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    amarillonmcamarillonmc Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x0y1 wrote: »
    You realize that Cryptic is working on chinese speaking versions of the game. Specific Neverwinter Online -> http://nw.wanmei.com/
    Usually you can find such information with ease if you leave behind the western facebook/twitter/google and use the eastern systems http://e.weibo.com/u/2798580522 .

No Champions Online but the have Saint Seiya Online if floats your boat. :wink:

Funny that CO is actually mentioned as "Marvel Heroes Online" with its correct Chinese translation of "Champion Online" there.
    It's listed under the introduction of Cryptic.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...the ultimate Contrast Moe (or not).
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny that CO is actually mentioned as "Marvel Heroes Online" with its correct Chinese translation of "Champion Online" there.
    It's listed under the introduction of Cryptic.

This is China we're talking about. Surely no one will care if they promote CO as a Marvel game there. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Chu don't know me so sit it on down.

And I'm not an ******* for wanting developers not to monetize or memorialize a player's death. Sit. It. Down.

A reasonable person could have expressed that view reasonably.
    I'm sugar, spice and EVERYTHING nice. Just cause you dont like what I have to say don't mean I'mma stop talking. This is AMERRRCA
    #TelepathyNOW

Do you honestly think nobody wants a Telepathy pass and a huge revamp of holds?

But while the devs don't read this forum and your constant whining about Telepathy, it's the rest of us that are also suffering that have to hold our noses as you fart up the place.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    A reasonable person could have expressed that view reasonably.

The deleted thread that got him temp banned demonstrated well enough whether or not he's a reasonable person.
    gamehobo wrote:
    And I'm not an ******* for wanting developers not to monetize or memorialize a player's death.

Correct. That is not the reason.
    edited May 2013
    The future after NWO is and will be the same as it has been, except for a few things. And its 'Murica, now get it right.

:D

#Chainsawnow