Install Arc
Options

Rules of Engagement

2»

Comments

• Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't need you to tell me about respect, and I surely don't need yours. You didn't kill me, you and bane killed me after I got hit, and you followed me for the rest of that game, and since you're not lying, then you're ignorant. I never said you were lying, I just said some people were. Go back and read my posts more carefully, or ignore them and stay in the dark.

Also, I just told you the reason I have a target on my head, and it has nothing to do with friends. The fact that you are not a very good player should prove that you aren't knowledgeable about this game, but if it's good enough for the Pope, it's good enough for you.

Maybe if you just stopped arguing with me and actually considered what I had to say, good threads wouldn't be derailed. But no, it's "just me." This thread isn't about me.
  • Options
    implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't need you to tell me about respect, and I surely don't need yours. You didn't kill me, you and bane killed me after I got hit, and you followed me for the rest of that game, and since you're not lying, then you're ignorant. I never said you were lying, I just said some people were. Go back and read my posts more carefully, or ignore them and stay in the dark.

Also, I just told you the reason I have a target on my head, and it has nothing to do with friends. The fact that you are not a very good player should prove that you aren't knowledgeable about this game, but if it's good enough for the Pope, it's good enough for you.

Maybe if you just stopped arguing with me and actually considered what I had to say, good threads wouldn't be derailed. But no, it's "just me." This thread isn't about me.

And yet here you are causing trouble. If you are apparently so much better than me why do you refuse to duel me each time I ask in /say? One, I probably know just as much about all aspects of the game as you do and two, who is the one being ignorant here? You clearly wouldn't have a target on your head if you had friends and had respect from more than penny and some level 20's. Stop the trolling and stop trying to get the final say like I have noticed you try to do every time. :wink:

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    You're the one continuing the trouble. So who is immature here? You're the one who tried to talk to me about PvP and who I need to listen to, then you teamed up on me with 2 people after my friend spiked me; later you died and let me farm your teammates with a certain super group and without their prior knowledge. I don't remain friends with know-it-all know-nothings. Don't tell your grandmother how to suck eggs.
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    implin wrote: »
    penny

PENNY MENTIONED!!! ding ding ding

Okay now...

Just another thread at Hero Gayms forums. This is not the first thread where somebody tries to "talk sense" into fellow players. :biggrin: And it always turns out the same way. Best course of action would be to ignore each other, but it's not always that simple it seems.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    void juxtaposition(void);
    {
    while 1>0
    {
    run nanomachines.exe
    }
    return 0;
    And yet here you are causing trouble. If you are apparently so much better than me why do you refuse to duel me each time I ask in /say? One, I probably know just as much about all aspects of the game as you do and two, who is the one being ignorant here? You clearly wouldn't have a target on your head if you had friends and had respect from more than penny and some level 20's. Stop the trolling and stop trying to get the final say like I have noticed you try to do every time. :wink:
    pallihwtf wrote: »
    PENNY MENTIONED!!! ding ding ding

Okay now...

Just another thread at Hero Gayms forums. This is not the first thread where somebody tries to "talk sense" into fellow players. :biggrin: And it always turns out the same way. Best course of action would be to ignore each other, but it's not always that simple it seems.

lawl

NANOMACHINES, sOnNnN!! OO ^_~
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I don't remain friends with know-it-all know-nothings.

You must REALLY hate yourself then. ;) Oh and btw the time that you died, my team only came in because penny and you were ganking me. Then when you died one of us won and that bash was over. Stop making up BS and stop trying to get the last say every time.

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for continuing to derail a decent thread.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    You must REALLY hate yourself then. ;) Oh and btw the time that you died, my team only came in because penny and you were ganking me. Then when you died one of us won and that bash was over. Stop making up BS and stop trying to get the last say every time.

I wasn't ganking you, I was playing BASH! HUEHUEHEUHEU! No, but, really. You weren't my only target. But I did have few friends in that match, so it was lucky. I thought it was pretty funny :biggrin: I think it was my only 10/0 ever.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I wasn't ganking you, I was playing BASH! HUEHUEHEUHEU! No, but, really. You weren't my only target. But I did have few friends in that match, so it was lucky. I thought it was pretty funny :biggrin: I think it was my only 10/0 ever.

I don't think we are talking about the same match, I think you got that in the bash before but in this one bane won with the last kill on lucidity. He hit lucidity with a force cascade and I finished him with a TGM spam which was my nooby build at the time. ;)

I didn't like the way you removed me as a friend as I took ages to gain you as a contact. (contacts are important not that lucidity would know) His trolling is causing so many problems for CO pvp terms and they have probably made such a large loss on players not wanting to pvp because they were trolled.

• Options
    edited April 2013

Expect moar 10:0 games... These guys aren't fighters at all.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Expect moar 10:0 games... These guys aren't fighters at all.

Expect more chatbans.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    LOL... expect your account to get banned. I reported Sidewinder for doing it.

See guys, this is what happens when you win without doing stupid stuff. You get farmed and chat banned for laughing at dumb tactics.
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Clearly, you're misunderstood by everyone.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    See guys, this is what happens when you win without doing stupid stuff. You get farmed and chat banned for laughing at dumb tactics.

The story of your life?

• Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Funny thing is that some of us expected you ppl to have some dignity and not begin flaming on a thread made to provide you some ethics...keep it up, I'm done.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Bringing this thread back to what it should be about... Healers truly do make stronghold impossible to win, for both teams. So where it is said (don't kill the bosses too quick) I think it should be don't heal the bosses for an hour. ;D GG to the guys that were in that stronghold though :)

• Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bringing this thread back to what it should be about... Healers truly do make stronghold impossible to win, for both teams. So where it is said (don't kill the bosses too quick) I think it should be don't heal the bosses for an hour. ;D GG to the guys that were in that stronghold though :)

Not really so. If DPS get over HPS, SH will end soon.

The most important thing in SH is to go to enemy base and continue hitting bosses.

Well, turret immune bug are making things difficult.
    Summoning Reinforcements doesn't work well for now. :(
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »

The most important thing in SH is to go to enemy base and continue hitting bosses.

It is true that a healer makes the boss much harder to kill unless the attacking team is well coordinated. Need to keep healer occupied or if attackers knows how to down the right attacks on the boss. With the correct dps it is possible to still win. However the remaining party of the healer will also be focused on killing the bosses. Without a healer on both teams the bosses of the team without a healer will go down much faster. Furthermore with palliate healing 1/3 of the boss huge how pool and revitalize (I assume revitalize works on palliate since I never play headers) cooling it to be usable every 30 plus second, the hps can be huge especially if the healer throws in other heals as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    BTW secret trick of my healer build is posted here. Not PRE PSS so have some problem as Healer. xD
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Funny thing is we have weak players trolling me in this thread. LOL

You guys misunderstand everything. That's why it takes 7 to kill one player sometimes, if that. Takes a special type of person to do such a thing just to win.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Funny thing is we have weak players trolling me in this thread. LOL

You guys misunderstand everything. That's why it takes 7 to kill one player sometimes, if that. Takes a special type of person to do such a thing just to win.

Actually, lately folks seem to be playing nice and completely ignoring the players who are clearly too weak to be a threat to anyone, and just leaving them be and letting them have some fun too. Well there is that one guy, but he's just a big meanie. For the most part, the rules of engagement seem to be getting used, and the effect on the game seems quite positive thus far.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Oh, wow, you actually replied to me this time.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »

Good sample here.
    04-06-2013 Stronghold Hero Games Champions online DPS take over HPS.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Rules of engagement with lawless criminals. Engage my fist! :P
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Actually, lately folks seem to be playing nice and completely ignoring the players who are clearly too weak to be a threat to anyone, and just leaving them be and letting them have some fun too. Well there is that one guy, but he's just a big meanie. For the most part, the rules of engagement seem to be getting used, and the effect on the game seems quite positive thus far.

I am glad people try to abide to some form of code of honour. I am sure it makes things fun both ways. A PvP maxed-out build hunting squishies imo is no fun at all and a 10-0 win is meaningless.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    This is why I have my own kode of honor. I expect everyone else not to be honorable, so I'll do things to balance out the fight.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've Tried Hero Games a few times, Never again, it's never fair and never will be, just a cluster F**K of PvP Builds that end up stroking their ego exploiting others that aren't top notch, like any other game involving human competition...
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I didn't help because you never asked for it.

How do you know what we're "stroking" unless we said something to you? I'm usually in there beating up on known PvP jerks and laughing at their stupid builds. I'm surprised you even tried Hero Games like this without any prior knowledge, especially considering the state of the game. Everyone you talk to will tell you that pvp has always been horribly imbalanced in this game. All you had to do is ask.

Unfortunately there are too many people in there who just don't care. No rules of engagement will work, because there are too many unruly and two-faced egotists in there who think beating everybody up is important.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Unfortunately there are too many people in there who just don't care. No rules of engagement will work, because there are too many unruly and two-faced egotists in there who think beating everybody up is important.

The most truth to be typed by you in a while. There are a few people out there who will beat up AT's and avoid attacking the best pvper's. The way I see it, if someone keeps getting 10-0 (green machine for example) then you make sure as soon as they come in that you are making the game more of a challenge for these people. Yesterday was a good day of pvp though, hero games were poping all over the place and I did feel some people started to come back to it which is nice.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    I need to buy a crystal ball.

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have a question about these rules... since it says not to go after squishies, what about people like me who can't kill the super tanks? Do I have to go after people I can't kill, and therefore lose and not really have much fun just frustration, or risk people ganging up on me n the name of justice because I'm "being a big bully" when I go after someone I can actually get a kill on?

because if I only get kills because I happen to be going after someone that a bunch of people were going after which is the only way that one of those super tanks that im allowed to go after will ever get killed, it just feels like tagging which isnt much fun either

so do these rules only apply to the super players who can actually kill the super players, or do they apply to everyone. because it seems like this setup means that only the super players, who are the only ones who can actually kill the players that anyone is allowed to go after, will be the only ones getting kills and having fun.

it seems like someone like me who isnt min/maxd enough to both survive getting randomly ganged up on (which randomly happens a lot... i guess people hate my build that can barely survive sometimes and gets lucky kills?) and manage to kill super tough to kill types like say most of the people in bash (there is rarely anyone in there that I could confidently say I can take down 1v1, i can survive them for extended periods at best, but solo kill no ) doesn't really get any fun out of these rules...just "lose, or we'll make you lose".

Im worried that someone hastily threw together these rules in a way that only makes sense to themselves and their circumstances and assumed that everyone else is like they are and that they're going to be set in stone before anyone really takes a moment to think about them. If im only allowed to attack people that I have no chance in hell of actually defeating, or risk everyone ganging up on me to "teach me a lesson", then hero games doesn't seem like fun anymore all of a sudden...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I always say true things, imp; you're just unable to understand it.

Nanomachines, son! :P
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I have a question about these rules... since it says not to go after squishies, what about people like me who can't kill the super tanks? Do I have to go after people I can't kill, and therefore lose and not really have much fun just frustration, or risk people ganging up on me n the name of justice because I'm "being a big bully" when I go after someone I can actually get a kill on?

because if I only get kills because I happen to be going after someone that a bunch of people were going after which is the only way that one of those super tanks that im allowed to go after will ever get killed, it just feels like tagging which isnt much fun either

so do these rules only apply to the super players who can actually kill the super players, or do they apply to everyone. because it seems like this setup means that only the super players, who are the only ones who can actually kill the players that anyone is allowed to go after, will be the only ones getting kills and having fun.

it seems like someone like me who isnt min/maxd enough to both survive getting randomly ganged up on (which randomly happens a lot... i guess people hate my build that can barely survive sometimes and gets lucky kills?) and manage to kill super tough to kill types like say most of the people in bash (there is rarely anyone in there that I could confidently say I can take down 1v1, i can survive them for extended periods at best, but solo kill no ) doesn't really get any fun out of these rules...just "lose, or we'll make you lose".

Im worried that someone hastily threw together these rules in a way that only makes sense to themselves and their circumstances and assumed that everyone else is like they are and that they're going to be set in stone before anyone really takes a moment to think about them. If im only allowed to attack people that I have no chance in hell of actually defeating, or risk everyone ganging up on me to "teach me a lesson", then hero games doesn't seem like fun anymore all of a sudden...

If you are a squishy or AT and you go after another similar person, that is fine. Especially if both have a good chance to kill each other. The rules are meant more for players who have clearly min/max pvp builds and we all know who we are. You are right to say that the rules encourage players to gank on those hard to kill players who seems to be able to kill everyone else. That is how in BASH you prevent that person from getting to the top of the table. You seem to have the idea that in order to have fun in pvp is to win. I played a BASH and got a 10 - 0 (and I was attacking the chart toppers) and it was fun as others had 9 kills too so it was a close fight. I played another game I had 1 - 0 but it was fun too because I spent the time harassing the top player and ensuring he at least died once.

In fact I never could understand why players want to fight each other instead of going after the top scorers in BASH thus allowing the top scorers to get an easy win.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    End of the day, these are rules not for imposition and punitive measures to be meted out to violators. Though I use the term rules of engagement, they are more of a code of honour which we can chose to uphold for the better of this game.

For players who are still desperately out for the win, to get the 10 kills in BASH, to kill the bosses in SH, to get 15 kills in UTC, last 20 minutes in ZA etc, I have these questions for you.

What do you gain? Acclaims which cannot get you anything worth getting? Infamy for being able to kill squishies and top the chart? People avoiding HG when you queue? People hating HG and not want to queue for it so you don't even get it to pop and there is no one for you to kill? Think about that.

What ego are we talking about? Everyone knows that PvP in CO is unbalanced as hell. Anyone can copy builds and be almost instantaneously as strong as the next pvper. Is it really that important to hold a PvP title in a virtual online game?

If I wanted to troll-win PvP, I could enter ZA and spam eruption non-stop. I have 4 of them on Paragon and I only need 2 to cycle them permanently. Does it serve any purpose but to drive away players from ZA whenever I am there?

So for all those, still hell-bent on winning by beating up weaker players, do take some time to reflect on your own behaviours which are no more than those of a bully.

Oh and if you are getting ganked, take it as a compliment. It probably means you are hard to kill.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Well, the point of competetive games is to win... I don't really see any other objectives in there to follow. It's either kill players, or kill the SH npcs. So, i mean, you can say I'm desperate to win or whatever, but if I'm not trying to win then what am I doing? ...like seriousy, if I take trying to win out of the equation, then I might as well just sit there and do nothing. I think it is kind of unfair to try to charactarize people who are trying to win as desperate.

When I play bash, I go after whoever has the most kills, or one of the people who has the most kills, because I know if I only go after other people then I'll probably just be helping the person who's on top stay on top. Often though, others aren't doing that... I'm going after the person on top, and people for some reason are going after me. That's kind of annoying... so if the player who keeps hitting me with stuff happens to be easy to kill, is it wrong if I get rid of them quickly so I can go after the leader easier? Or do I just let them keep crip challenging me and snaring me and stunning me etc so the game can be more fun for them and less fun for me? what if the same squishy keeps attacking me while im going after the leader, is it bad if I keep killing them?

I dont really care about ATs, I leave them alone since they cant do anything anyway. And as anyone who has ended up 1v1ing me in bash will tell you, if Im having an easy time killing you then ill just stop and wait for more people to join.

As for acclaim, im actually kinda new here so I don't have a Malvan emblem yet. I'd like one, so yeah I'm here for the acclaim, but I also know that how much acclaim you get comes from both how many kills you get and how long the match goes, so im not looking to end the match any faster than it has to end.

but it all comes back to competetive sports are about winning. bash is about the individual trying to win, so as long as there isnt blatant teaming going on then i dont think I should be seen as a bad person or some desperate person just because i wanna try to win. some person in my sg tried to get me to farm them for kills in bash once, at least i realized afterwards thats what they were doing i though they were challenging me at first, and i told them i dont wanna do that, cause tagging, teaming, and training dont have any place in bash.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Well, the point of competetive games is to win... I don't really see any other objectives in there to follow. It's either kill players, or kill the SH npcs. So, i mean, you can say I'm desperate to win or whatever, but if I'm not trying to win then what am I doing? ...like seriousy, if I take trying to win out of the equation, then I might as well just sit there and do nothing. I think it is kind of unfair to try to charactarize people who are trying to win as desperate.

When I play bash, I go after whoever has the most kills, or one of the people who has the most kills, because I know if I only go after other people then I'll probably just be helping the person who's on top stay on top. Often though, others aren't doing that... I'm going after the person on top, and people for some reason are going after me. That's kind of annoying... so if the player who keeps hitting me with stuff happens to be easy to kill, is it wrong if I get rid of them quickly so I can go after the leader easier? Or do I just let them keep crip challenging me and snaring me and stunning me etc so the game can be more fun for them and less fun for me? what if the same squishy keeps attacking me while im going after the leader, is it bad if I keep killing them?

I dont really care about ATs, I leave them alone since they cant do anything anyway. And as anyone who has ended up 1v1ing me in bash will tell you, if Im having an easy time killing you then ill just stop and wait for more people to join.

As for acclaim, im actually kinda new here so I don't have a Malvan emblem yet. I'd like one, so yeah I'm here for the acclaim, but I also know that how much acclaim you get comes from both how many kills you get and how long the match goes, so im not looking to end the match any faster than it has to end.

but it all comes back to competetive sports are about winning. bash is about the individual trying to win, so as long as there isnt blatant teaming going on then i dont think I should be seen as a bad person or some desperate person just because i wanna try to win. some person in my sg tried to get me to farm them for kills in bash once, at least i realized afterwards thats what they were doing i though they were challenging me at first, and i told them i dont wanna do that, cause tagging, teaming, and training dont have any place in bash.

Hmmm, do not be mistaken that my second post was directed at you. It certainly is not. Yes I agree with you to a large extent that a competitive game is about winning and there is no denial that the feeling of winning is good but only to a certain extent. I said to a certain extent because I feel that an empty win is definitely not fulfilling at least for me. There are duels (and note I do not initiate duels) where I just walk out of the arena because I know for certain the other party is not able to win. If the other party puts up a good fight then sure, the feeling of winning something/someone challenging is good. I also did not characterize players who want to win as desperate. I mentioned there are some who are desperate to win and will resort to killing weaker players just for that purpose.

I have seen close fights and both parties end off with a gg to each other. The winner says gg because the opponent puts up a great fight. The loser says gg as a congratulatory note to the winner.

Also, collateral damage is inevitable as I mentioned in my OP. I often kill squishies who walks into my AoE especially in Stronghold while I am attacking the boss. As long as we are not deliberately farming the poor squishies. I understand that some squishies are persistent and don't seem to learn. My point really is these squishies should be helping you and others to go after the chart toppers. I like to emphasize again, they are not rules, rules and no punitive measures are going to be meted out. They are more of a moral yardstick. As I pointed out, if we all start going after squishies, very soon we will not even have enough people to pop the queues. However I also understand that not everyone are build as tanks to shrug off the damage.

Do you want a Malvan Emblem for perception purpose or for achievement purpose BTW? Because otherwise, a Legion Helmet may be more useful. I personally do not have anything Malvan...oh wait I do have quite a few Malvanum lockboxes LOL. Anyway I am sitting on a pile of acclaims which is pretty much not used so do look me up for a limited time offer. :)

And then of course there are those who wish to earn their perks. However, a perk earned from picking on easy prey is no real victory. Might as well arrange with friends to enter HG and just fix the match.

I think you are doing fine if you are going after the top players. Like what someone else mentioned, this keeps the chart topper on the defense so that others can catch up. It should be mentioned however that squishies should learn to be more careful and while we actively avoid hitting them, we cannot help if they lunge straight into the midst of an exploding power.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Okay then, I just don't want to end up at the wrong end of a lynch mob.

For the clearness, if I'm going after the chart topper, and some archetype/squishy just insists on going after me again and again even tho im not the chart topper, then I will kersplat them... partially to make it easier to go after the chart topper, and partially because it looks like they're working with the chart topper sometimes when that happens , had a situation like this earlier tonight with a glacier... I didnt feel good about it, but it was either me nuke them or me get farmed :(

and I want the emblem for perception. a legion helmet would be great, but they're not exactly laying around on the ground. really wish I could get questionite from pvp
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I like how Wesley tries to be the Father figure here in Hero Gayms forum, teaching us how to behave or act or do in HG and there are a lot of wisdom in his words, but he feels more like a stepdad. Up yours Wesley, you're not my real dad! :biggrin:

It's easy to tell people to not farm the squishies, but it's more easier said than done. Like the other night we joined UTC and you told us not to farm squishies and even named one player, so we could be aware that this guy dies fast. But who was in your team? You, SLAYER and two squishies. It wasn't really fair, because I am not strong enough to take on you or any other Self-toucher UR tank. (I Pretty much get destroyed by every 2GM, ER, Snappin'fingers build out there) I had 3-1 points in the end of the game so I TRIED to take on you, with not much luck.

During BASH or whatever, I usually try to go for the top charting players too or people that are known to be strong. Sometimes I have the revenge mentality on tho, where somebody attacks me then I'm like OH IT'S ON BIAATCH:biggrin: But that gets me so far, I get my butt handed to me quite often and I dont really mind that. It's just sad to see getting Ice-naded all the time or whatever device the opponent is using.

Not sure about the example you're setting for any new pvp player out there, because you use devices to win the games too. I don't use devices and that's my own choice and I guess it's my loss, for not using any means necessary just to win.

I have a bind on Penny saying "WELCOME TO THE TUTORIAL LEVEL" that I use sometimes, not because I am going to kill your **** or because I am cocky as heck, but because it seems really fitting sometimes. :biggrin: I also try to lighten up the mood in Zombie games to say something Zombie-like as a zombie. - and saying something badass while playing with Penny puts a smile on my face, because it's so out of character. Don't take me too seriously either. :wink:

I am not sure where I am actually going with this, it's just a review of myself and my point on Hero Games. I don't take the game too seriously, I'm actually having fun too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yes, I understand that it is not exactly the most fun trying to take out 2 revitalize radiance tanks. Actually that's the problem with UTC because of random grouping you sometimes get very unbalanced teams. Normally when that happens, 1 or even 2 players can withdraw from the fight actively. I do that. There is also no real need to rush to reach 15 kills.

While PvP is fun to play once a while, I actually do not want to play it because I am innately a farmer and really, there is nothing worth farming for in HG. Hence when I try to get some form of HG going, it is more to revive the games for long standing players and also to introduce newer players who only duels in rencen to HGs. As such I personally have no issues whether the match is a win or loss. I just want the games to play out as much as possible because it is so hard to get a HG (besides BASH of course) to pop that it will be good if the game lasted longer so there is more mileage.

What I am also trying to do is to make HG less harsh and newer players do not get turned off totally because their toons failed so utterly. Take the heat off them a bit and they get the time to learn the ropes, speak to the seasoned players, get to like the games, review and tweak their toons etc. We should try to promote the growth of the pool of PvPers who participate in HGs.

As for devices, oh well we have been over this topic plenty. The device I use all the time is NPG. As you can see, it is not anywhere as powerful as some make it out to be. With only a 4 ft range, most o my attacks are missing and a range toon will hardly find NPG any use. Other than that, my other attack power is UR which takes about 10 secs to cooldown between every use and only hits for about 9k on crits. My build is designed to leverage on and maximise using devices. I have already very much carried out a self nerf by not using any eruptions. But of course, we can also all play the same finger-snapping 2GM quarry build. Players also use ice grenades etc. It is all part of the game for me really.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    LOL I'm surprised you actually tried not to kill squishies.

People in BASH don't try to win, they get their friends to come help... that's why I follow my own rules and not anyone else's.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Here is Wesley in BASH trying to stop people ganking the naabs :biggrin:

tumblr_m7x0o4x0231rbmbw5o1_500.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think perhaps we should consider repopulating Hero Games and from my experience these last 2 nights, I think all the participants found it fun as long as we keep to some basic rules which I wish to propose.

Firstly, do not wait for others to call for queues. Anyone can request and ask other players to queue for hero games. Call out in COPvP or main. Ask players who are duelling in RenCen all the time to queue up for HG.

Good idea.
    Name the specific HG you want people to queue for. Do one at a time because we may not have enough queuing for more than 1 HG at a time.

Yes.
    No hunting/farming of squishies or ATs (avoid targetting them, collateral damage OTH is inevitable if they do not know how to avoid).

Yes, but I'll tell you right now if somebody attacks me or a teammate, even if they aren't my priority target they are still a target. After I kill the priority target I'm coming to eliminate them next. In other words, don't farm them but DO play the game and fight (don't just ignore them on purpose).
    No trash/smack talking before, during or after the game whether you win or lose. End all games with a GG.

End all games with a Starcraft "gg"? Check.

As far as trash talking, it's best to limit it. And frankly the only issue with trash talking is post-game or especially during the game.

A bit of trash talking before the game? Sure, why not? Then you get out your frustrations in-game and "shake hands" when it's over.

The problem is some people don't know when to shut up, and also that there are some people who get off on trolling/raging others (or are too easily trolled).

So I guess what I'm saying is that yeah some more sportsmanship, particularly during the game is totally needed, but harder to put into practice.

It's up to the winners and veteran PvP players to set a good example.
    UTC - Sometimes the draw of the straw does not give balance, self-moderate so that if a team is too weak one player from the stronger team can hold back.

I don't see this as ever happening...
    KotH - Do not take the hill until both sides have more or less even number of people loaded in. This can be done by waiting at the entrance of the dome. Just need someone to coordinate when to start the fight.

Yes.
    ZA - if zombie is too weak, 1 or 2 other person may choose to switch over.

The same needs to hold true in reverse as well. Don't just switch to Zombie unless there's an issue, wait a bit and see. Also a good idea to say "Hey since there's no zombie player, mind if I switch sides?" I'm normally like "go for it" when I see that level of courtesy.

I still have some lingering dislikes from when certain supergroups (including many of y'all here) used to intentionally switch sides right at the start to "doll out justice" upon "re-loggers" at the expense of everyone else's enjoyment. To be clear, I don't have any issues with members of these supergroups, they're alright people. But this has been an issue in the past with people switching sides just to troll or act as if they were some sort of Cryptic employees who had the authority to determine who could have fun and who couldn't.

Again it goes back to the sportsmanship thing doesn't it?

Besides it's pretty awesome if you can balance an imbalanced game by yourself, that's a compliment to yourself if you can do that. Closely matched games are more fun and intense :smile:
    Stronghold - do not kill both bosses too fast so that more fighting can take place

Yes.
    BASH - rather than trying to get the most number of kills in the shortest time, always go after the top 2 on the chart (when there are more people of course). Do not gank for personal reasons/vendettas.

*sigh* If only that were the case more often. Most of I've ever seen is a race to get kills or people targeting specific people they dislike. I guess now that Acclaim is worthless it is possible...

I'll give it a try more often, but we'll just have to see. Expect the worst and hope for the best.

Remember, the acclaims are hardly useful. Might as well let the game be fun for everyone.

Well said!

I think the biggest hurdle here, is getting this message out to the masses. Yes, saying out loud in zone these "rules of Engagement" are here to help you ease in, might catch a few ears...but unless people are willing to follow these rules to the letter, it could become a mess.

Also, i think a lot of people like the fact that they can pick and choose who they battle in a duel. I see this a lot in the ren center. Having asked people to Que for ZA at times has been tough. With a lot of people being At's, they are afraid to Que and feel safer in the ren center.

Two very good points about hurdles that will have to be overcome.

Take R9 mods for example. There's not much difference between a R7 mod and a R9 mod, and yet you'll find many people who will go: "well I lost because they have R9's and I have R5's [so I just won't bother with PvP since I'm assured to loose]"

I think what you propose could work. But it would take time for people to trust the process and not feel like they are queuing up for a slaughter. I myself have tried to que for ZA this last week. 5X. Not a single pop.

Actually I ran Zombie Apoc a several times just yesterday. Surprised the hell out of me to see people in Hero games.

We got in several runs until we started having an issue with multiple people switching to zombie within the first few seconds of the game. Kind of sucks when the round is over in under a minute because you exit the cabin and realize you're 4 v 1 right at the start *looks at Monaahiru and Scenroe as I say this since they know better*
    Oh, look, it's THIS thread again. I don't follow rules because I don't trust any of you.

Would you kindly knock it off already with the trolling? This topic was written in good faith, and he's right, so no reason to troll it.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Here is Wesley in BASH trying to stop people ganking the naabs :biggrin:

tumblr_m7x0o4x0231rbmbw5o1_500.jpg

LOL well I don't have frost breath, eyebeam or roomsweeper/haymaker.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Can Wesley kill the ganker faster than the ganker can kill the squishie?

Why the heck isn't the squishie killing folks fastest of all???

Tune in next time to find out on the next episode of BASH MAN! na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na BASH MAN!

Same bash time, same bash channel.

ps - if super heroes were in real, there probably would be a bash channel.

• Options
    edited April 2013

Tune in next time to find out on the next episode of BASH MAN! na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na BASH MAN!

Truth be told, I can't kill the gankers faster than the gankers can kill squishies LOL.

For that, we need the Bashtice League or the Basher Assemble.

Bash Man to WonderSmoochan, we need your Lasso of Bash.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'm not "trolling," agent. Stop assuming you already know what I'm doing.

This is the best post in the hero games forum EVER! xD
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Truth be told, I can't kill the gankers faster than the gankers can kill squishies LOL.

For that, we need the Bashtice League or the Basher Assemble.

Bash Man to WonderSmoochan, we need your Lasso of Bash.

If you can believe, you can achieve. ^_~

I really enjoyed the game where you and I tried to stop the gankers. LOL... we were like the Dynamic Duo. xD
  • Options
    aeodeeaeodee Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    People used to execute these rules with instincts, especially before alert, if the UTC teams weren't equal in number, there would always be sitting people. It's sad to see people are just trying to farm with spawnkills etc to play only for scores or other immature reasons.