test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rules of Engagement

wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Hero Games
I think perhaps we should consider repopulating Hero Games and from my experience these last 2 nights, I think all the participants found it fun as long as we keep to some basic rules which I wish to propose.

Firstly, do not wait for others to call for queues. Anyone can request and ask other players to queue for hero games. Call out in COPvP or main. Ask players who are duelling in RenCen all the time to queue up for HG.

Name the specific HG you want people to queue for. Do one at a time because we may not have enough queuing for more than 1 HG at a time.

No hunting/farming of squishies or ATs (avoid targetting them, collateral damage OTH is inevitable if they do not know how to avoid).

No trash/smack talking before, during or after the game whether you win or lose. End all games with a GG.

UTC - Sometimes the draw of the straw does not give balance, self-moderate so that if a team is too weak one player from the stronger team can hold back.

KotH - Do not take the hill until both sides have more or less even number of people loaded in. This can be done by waiting at the entrance of the dome. Just need someone to coordinate when to start the fight.

ZA - if zombie is too weak, 1 or 2 other person may choose to switch over.

Stronghold - do not kill both bosses too fast so that more fighting can take place

BASH - rather than trying to get the most number of kills in the shortest time, always go after the top 2 on the chart (when there are more people of course). Do not gank for personal reasons/vendettas.

Do not request people to keep queuing the same HG, switch around for variety. Different players and toons may excel better at different games.

If the bug kicks you out, just keep re-queuing and try again. If you just can't get in, wait for the next game.

Remember, the acclaims are hardly useful. Might as well let the game be fun for everyone.

I keep seeing people (quite a few have clearly dedicated PvP builds) duelling but these people do not queue for HG. Let's make HG appealing for more people since the devs will not. Also, personal ego, SG wars (ganking) do not help make PvP fun so please check those at the door before entering the game.

Please feel free to contribute any other possible self-moderation which can be implemented.
Post edited by wesleytansg on
«1

Comments

  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think the biggest hurdle here, is getting this message out to the masses. Yes, saying out loud in zone these "rules of Engagement" are here to help you ease in, might catch a few ears...but unless people are willing to follow these rules to the letter, it could become a mess.

    Also, i think a lot of people like the fact that they can pick and choose who they battle in a duel. I see this a lot in the ren center. Having asked people to Que for ZA at times has been tough. With a lot of people being At's, they are afraid to Que and feel safer in the ren center.

    I think what you propose could work. But it would take time for people to trust the process and not feel like they are queuing up for a slaughter. I myself have tried to que for ZA this last week. 5X. Not a single pop.
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh, look, it's THIS thread again. I don't follow rules because I don't trust any of you.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think the biggest hurdle here is that even if this message gets out to the masses, there's always going to be people who completely disregard all the "be nice" stuff, and that sometimes those people are too strong to succumb to "community justice".

    Hell, even wesley here, while he may not be the malicious "gank the nub" type, is certainly no fun to have as an opponent due to being unkillable, and even he succumbs to the temptation now and then to point out how he was the primary deciding factor in a utc win, which some people might see as smack talking, and others know is just an insurmountable fact.

    You can put makeup on a pig... but that just makes it a slutty pig.


    [...]
    I think what you propose could work. But it would take time for people to trust the process and not feel like they are queuing up for a slaughter. I myself have tried to que for ZA this last week. 5X. Not a single pop.

    And then, just as they begin to trust the process... the que pops and all their dreams are shattered once reality hits.

    Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh, look, it's THIS thread again. I don't follow rules because I don't trust any of you.

    WOAH THERE LUCY! Wesley is cool no one hates the amazing self touching man. Why you ask? Cause the dudes just plain awesomejuice thats why.

    Also what he proposes has merit.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    WOAH THERE LUCY! Wesley is cool no one hates the amazing self touching man. Why you ask? Cause the dudes just plain awesomejuice thats why.

    Also what he proposes has merit.

    He is an enigma. Every time he touches himself, things get shorter...

    Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh, look, it's THIS thread again. I don't follow rules because I don't trust any of you.
    When i read this, i thought of that song with the main line saying..."I know you think this song is about you" Does anybody know who that artist is?

    Back on topic. Smoochan. I see your point. There will always be the overbearing players who could careless about rules or making others feel welcomed.

    Stop being so damn logical. :rolleyes:
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I partly agree with you, and thank you for your efforts to give some ethics to PvP through this forum's threads.
    However, I have to say that it is inevitable to target the ATs or squishies in a bash game when you are alone with them, or there is some unkillable dude over there...after all they have more chances to kill you rather than you kill the unbeatable toon(yes I mean your toon Wesley)
    Just my 2 cents.
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Smoochan. I just thought of something.

    If someone puts on make-up does that make them slutty? Or is it just pigs?

    Just asking...:confused:
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lovehammer, I'll just ignore that since you obviously don't know the purpose of that reply, and I'll ignore you.
    nepht wrote: »
    WOAH THERE LUCY! Wesley is cool no one hates the amazing self touching man. Why you ask? Cause the dudes just plain awesomejuice thats why.

    Also what he proposes has merit.

    LOL I know he's cool, that's why that post wasn't directed at him. It's directed at all the slutty pigs. ^_~ See, even smoochy knows what I'm talking about. ^_~

    PvP.... so easy a caveman could do it. ^_~ #tactical-nuke
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Smoochan. I just thought of something.

    If someone puts on make-up does that make them slutty? Or is it just pigs?

    Just asking...:confused:

    Have you ever seen what a pig does once you put makeup on them? Trust me, you don't wanna.

    As for people, it depends how much... but generally yes.

    Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    smoochan wrote: »


    Have you ever seen what a pig does once you put makeup on them? Trust me, you don't wanna.

    As for people, it depends how much... but generally yes.
    Gotcha!
    And Lucy, if a comment makes me think of a line in a Song i can't remember the title of, i ask for help so it doesn't stay in my head all day.

    If you choose to take it in a negative way and ignore me, that's your choice. Doesn't hurt me either way. Just add me to your list, although i feel i did nothing disrespectful to you.

    Just make sure you really ignore me. Don't mention my name or copy my post. And i will do the same. Cool? Cool.
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you're not a presumptuous tr0ll, then I don't have to ignore you. :P

    b00m__RAAWR!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    When i read this, i thought of that song with the main line saying..."I know you think this song is about you" Does anybody know who that artist is?

    Back on topic. Smoochan. I see your point. There will always be the overbearing players who could careless about rules or making others feel welcomed.

    Stop being so damn logical. :rolleyes:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6UAYGxiRwU
    biffsig.jpg
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,770 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nothing personal, but I will not follow these rules.

    It's none of our business to make this fun. That's the dev's ball. It's a well-intentioned thing, but invites inevitable and disastrous results.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So far, nobody's following this honor system. I just got out of a game where nobody did anything except try to bait me.
    Nothing personal, but I will not follow these rules.

    It's none of our business to make this fun. That's the dev's ball. It's a well-intentioned thing, but invites inevitable and disastrous results.

    My sentiments exactly. b00m___RAAWR!

    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmmm, it seems you guys feel that it will not work because people do not wish to follow the rules or eventually fail to follow the rules.

    I guess you all are right to say that sometimes the whole thing may fall apart because of 1 or 2 spoilers. However, I am speaking from the experience I had over the last 2 nights where I managed to get enough people to queue quite a number of Hero Games. I think most people if not all will agree that it was quite fun. Everyone just need to practice a little self-moderation.

    In the event there is someone who is obviously acting contrarily, my suggestion will be to ignore whatever the person may say in chat (as the saying goes, 2 wrongs do not make 1 right and the fire soon burns itself out without fuel). Continue to queue and if person continues to behave in a nasty manner, then stop the HG queue for the day.

    Why not give it a try. Over the next few days, if I am in game and not farming, I will call out for HG queues. So please help to 'pop' it.

    Most of the time I do not use eruption in HG unless I am getting ganked or the other toon is sufficiently deadly and even then I use only 2 of my 4 eruptions TROLLOL (planning to buy a 5th for collection sake; I know, I know I am weird in the collector sense).

    Smoochy, things that should get longer, gets longer, things that should get shorter, gets shorter ;P

    Also, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not call out anyone in this thread. It is meant to be a meaningful thread to revive HG so I do not want it to become a flame war. For goodness sake, Biff has a day job so give him a break LOL.

    I should add in 2 more rules.

    No post-game trolling in forum

    Videos/pictures of the HGs are fine but no using them for trolling purpose i.e. no offensive/insulting titles or offensive/insulting overlays.
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It was fun but they just worked with me because they had to.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lovehammer, I'll just ignore that since you obviously don't know the purpose of that reply, and I'll ignore you.



    LOL I know he's cool, that's why that post wasn't directed at him. It's directed at all the slutty pigs. ^_~ See, even smoochy knows what I'm talking about. ^_~

    PvP.... so easy a caveman could do it. ^_~ #tactical-nuke

    Smoochan's greater grasp of the English tongue is starting to piss me off :I
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In before the lox. A certain someone decided to exploit the bug with Telekinetic Maelstrom. This thread is a joke.
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lucyinspacewithdiamonds, please remove me from your ignore list. There is something I wish to speak to you about.
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    THANK YOU BIFF! You're so vain, by Carly Simon!
    Made my day.

    Thanks again.
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will follow the rules. Probably. Maybe. Ehh....

    I am mostly nice when it comes to hero gayms, but it's kinda hard if half of the people out there poops on your rules wesley. Being an example isn't really enough and we can't change how people will behave or act.

    "I am not gonna follow the rules because they are not gonna follow em either!"

    Well, damn! What can we do?

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pallihwtf wrote: »
    I will follow the rules. Probably. Maybe. Ehh....

    I am mostly nice when it comes to hero gayms, but it's kinda hard if half of the people out there poops on your rules wesley. Being an example isn't really enough and we can't change how people will behave or act.

    "I am not gonna follow the rules because they are not gonna follow em either!"

    Well, damn! What can we do?

    So far, it has been good so I am going to keep the faith LOL.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It was fun but they just worked with me because they had to.

    That's very important part for doing UTC/SH random team game.
    We do our job in each position. :)



    Chasing someone in the top is my main way to do in B.A.S.H.
    Sometimes I pick a Trashcan and hit someone just for joke and fun tho. xD
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So far, it has been good so I am going to keep the faith LOL.

    :biggrin: Good, keep the spirits up Soldier.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You're not on my ignore list. Chat is whitelisted and it won't turn off. I don't have anything to talk about.
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    That's very important part for doing UTC/SH random team game.
    We do our job in each position. :)



    Chasing someone in the top is my main way to do in B.A.S.H.
    Sometimes I pick a Trashcan and hit someone just for joke and fun tho. xD

    I don't need an explanation about how B.A.S.H. works. Please don't insult my intelligence.
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't need an explanation about how B.A.S.H. works. Please don't insult my intelligence.

    But Jewel was not giving you an explanation about BASH, he was saying that's how he plays BASH. That way we do not target ATs or squishies. I always go after chart toppers as well. However due to my attacks being AoEs, sometimes it hits others who are nearby while I chase after my target.

    I thought I was on your ignore list because I could not private message you. Could you actually see what I type in zone etc?

    Anyway, pardon my ignorance but I have no idea what is whitelisting and how it works so if anyone cares to explain.
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyway, pardon my ignorance but I have no idea what is whitelisting and how it works so if anyone cares to explain.

    For what I understand, it means that you've blocked people from messaging you and seeing other people's messages, with friendlist being the exception.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,067 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm always getting ganked in bash... :frown:
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cool story, pro.
    But Jewel was not giving you an explanation about BASH, he was saying that's how he plays BASH. That way we do not target ATs or squishies. I always go after chart toppers as well. However due to my attacks being AoEs, sometimes it hits others who are nearby while I chase after my target.

    I thought I was on your ignore list because I could not private message you. Could you actually see what I type in zone etc?

    Anyway, pardon my ignorance but I have no idea what is whitelisting and how it works so if anyone cares to explain.

    No, I can't see what you type at all until you're on my team. Only a few random people throughout the game world can make it through the whitelist. Those who can't aren't able to send me a tell, and they get an inadequate error message.

    I don't want to talk about this, and there's more to this BASH nonsense than you see here.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    But Jewel was not giving you an explanation about BASH, he was saying that's how he plays BASH. That way we do not target ATs or squishies. I always go after chart toppers as well. However due to my attacks being AoEs, sometimes it hits others who are nearby while I chase after my target.

    I thought I was on your ignore list because I could not private message you. Could you actually see what I type in zone etc?

    Anyway, pardon my ignorance but I have no idea what is whitelisting and how it works so if anyone cares to explain.

    On the friendslist window there is a little clicky pop up menu on the botton where you can whitelist various things like duels, chat, etc...

    So basically, if you're the type of person who gets their feelings hurt very easily by things like people not talking about you, and people talking about you, you can just whitelist chat and shut out the whole world, and the only things in chat you can see are those coming from the players on your very very short friends list.

    People like that don't exist though because that's just a ridiculous way to exist, so the feature is rarely used, so it's no surprise that people don't know about it. MMOs are social games after all.. why would an anti-social person play them? lol

    Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,067 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    smoochan wrote: »


    On the friendslist window there is a little clicky pop up menu on the botton where you can whitelist various things like duels, chat, etc...

    So basically, if you're the type of person who gets their feelings hurt very easily by things like people not talking about you, and people talking about you, you can just whitelist chat and shut out the whole world, and the only things in chat you can see are those coming from the players on your very very short friends list.

    People like that don't exist though because that's just a ridiculous way to exist, so the feature is rarely used, so it's no surprise that people don't know about it. MMOs are social games after all.. why would an anti-social person play them? lol

    To inflate their own ego, troll others in local chat while not having to listen to anyone calling you a moron or fool is my best guess. It's super funny when people like that turn around and say something like "you could just pm me and ask what my problem is," because no. No you can't.
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    oobtree wrote: »
    To inflate their own ego, troll others in local chat while not having to listen to anyone calling you a moron or fool is my best guess. It's super funny when people like that turn around and say something like "you could just pm me and ask what my problem is," because no. No you can't.

    You can always pm them at the forums though, and receive a generic response like: "I've done my talking...I'll just kill ya now"
    Hehe XD
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    oobtree wrote: »
    To inflate their own ego, troll others in local chat while not having to listen to anyone calling you a moron or fool is my best guess. It's super funny when people like that turn around and say something like "you could just pm me and ask what my problem is," because no. No you can't.

    Oh but people like that don't exist... at least, not any that I see :biggrin:

    Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd say the biggest problem with pvp at this moment in time is not only the fact that everyone jumps onto the OP builds (as we all know that's always been the case) but how much conflict there is at the moment. When people win a duel you can almost feel their ego rise, when in bash it is clear that people will try not to target their friends and the other hero games people don't do enough. Even when there was 3 of us calling out with about 30 people in copvp no one joined up.

    The reason for the lack of people joining sparks from the dueling where people will get big headed after a win and instead of figuring out how the other person won the looser of the duel with quit pvp. Instead of this we need to start getting people into pvp and training them up so there can be more of a pvp community than luci verse the world. :smile:
    _____________________________
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <- No violence or dark humor here, move on.

    I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr [email protected] in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    implin wrote: »
    I'd say the biggest problem with pvp at this moment in time is not only the fact that everyone jumps onto the OP builds (as we all know that's always been the case) but how much conflict there is at the moment. When people win a duel you can almost feel their ego rise, when in bash it is clear that people will try not to target their friends and the other hero games people don't do enough. Even when there was 3 of us calling out with about 30 people in copvp no one joined up.

    The reason for the lack of people joining sparks from the dueling where people will get big headed after a win and instead of figuring out how the other person won the looser of the duel with quit pvp. Instead of this we need to start getting people into pvp and training them up so there can be more of a pvp community than luci verse the world. :smile:

    Mind telling us your in-game handle?( Is that you Imp?)
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    implin wrote: »
    [...] When people win a duel you can almost feel their ego rise [...]

    It can seem like that, but "almost feel" isn't really a good indicator that that's actually going on... since that feeling is primarily coming from yourself. In my experience, people who win tend to just type "gf" or something like that... the exception is if the loser spent a lot of time before the duel talking big. Most people aren't as ego-hungry over the half-dead pvp in this game as you think... in fact, for a few of them, the first thought they might have had after beating you repeatedly is "Can't believe I won that... I wonder if the other person was distracted or lagged or something..." or "Oh neat, I won because of a bunch of lucky random crits... rng sucks".

    Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mind telling us your in-game handle?( Is that you Imp?)

    Yeah this is I.M.P.@drimp or [email protected] which is my team toon.

    I have been trying to work out a few builds that bring something a little different to pvp recently, I'm sure you guys have seen them. I have always seemed to lack certain things though, my build last week was a butchers blades tank who couldn't hit enough damage especially without 5 pulse generators, my build now is a ice form, cc / SR build which dies too fast if I don't keep people cc'ed enough. It's so hard to create something that isn't one of the four builds there seems to be for pvp at the moment.
    _____________________________
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <- No violence or dark humor here, move on.

    I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr [email protected] in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    implin wrote: »
    Yeah this is I.M.P.@drimp or [email protected] which is my team toon.

    I have been trying to work out a few builds that bring something a little different to pvp recently, I'm sure you guys have seen them. I have always seemed to lack certain things though, my build last week was a butchers blades tank who couldn't hit enough damage especially without 5 pulse generators, my build now is a ice form, cc / SR build which dies too fast if I don't keep people cc'ed enough. It's so hard to create something that isn't one of the four builds there seems to be for pvp at the moment.

    As for "doesn't do enough damage", just keep in mind that one of the realities of the current game is that you will never do enough damage to kill certain people.

    As for "dies too fast" yeah, that's the sucky reality of pvp now. You're either a tank, or you're the one who gets killed so someone can win. I used to think this was just because BASH is the predominant hero game at the moment, but it even holds true in the team hero games.

    In utc, if you have one team that has 5 tanks, and the other team has 4 tanks and a squishy... yeah, the 5 tank team is guarenteed to win, and the squishy isn't going to be taking on the expected "heavy dps" or "crowd control" role... they're going to be taking on the role of "running for their lives constantly and eventually being the reason their team loses".

    So good luck trying to find something that isn't one of those obvious builds. If you find it, make sure to enjoy the hell out of it before it gets countered or adapted.

    Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    smoochan wrote: »


    As for "doesn't do enough damage", just keep in mind that one of the realities of the current game is that you will never do enough damage to kill certain people.

    As for "dies too fast" yeah, that's the sucky reality of pvp now. You're either a tank, or you're the one who gets killed so someone can win. I used to think this was just because BASH is the predominant hero game at the moment, but it even holds true in the team hero games.

    In utc, if you have one team that has 5 tanks, and the other team has 4 tanks and a squishy... yeah, the 5 tank team is guarenteed to win, and the squishy isn't going to be taking on the expected "heavy dps" or "crowd control" role... they're going to be taking on the role of "running for their lives constantly and eventually being the reason their team loses".

    It's not THAT bad but I will die in one strafing run crit if my 50% dodge fails me. The entire point in the build is that I can chase down people who run away, so I have stealth sight and lots of strong holds. Anyone can build a build that doesn't die, it's about getting enough dps to kill someone in a quick burst too.

    In a team you could have 2 healers with high team protection with powers and specs then have 3 full on dps with extremely high ego to double force gyser // SR people in one hit. My SR on my control build is hitting around 8k crit x 4 on dummys at the moment and I have like 10 ego.
    _____________________________
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <- No violence or dark humor here, move on.

    I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr [email protected] in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    implin wrote: »

    I have always seemed to lack certain things though, my build last week was a butchers blades tank who couldn't hit enough damage especially without 5 pulse generators, my build now is a ice form, cc / SR build which dies too fast if I don't keep people cc'ed enough. It's so hard to create something that isn't one of the four builds there seems to be for pvp at the moment.

    Hmmm, I can assure you though, that every single PvP capable build going out today though is not as obvious as you'd think...sure you only see AoPM , Quarry, NW or...any defensive passive that exists actually (heya Raven with your PFF XD) but everyone builds something unique there...for example, take a look at my PA AoPM build posted on the other thread, Yes, it does use AoPM but it has almost nothing to do in the way it works with Penny's(Pallihwtf) build that uses the same passive, yet you can tell that both our builds are pretty viable. So, yeah you easily judge pps and say look he copies so he sucks, yet you 90% of the players I know that PvP think and make of their own builds.An excellent example is Shaguar...pps usually say he copies and stuff and that his build is Green's etc.Check Green's hp...compare it to Shag's, you'll notice a 4k difference or so, check Green's powers and tgen Shag's, not the same set, saying that UR + DU makes the builds identical is very biased to say the least.So before judging others and pretending to be a small Jesus of PvP ( or should I say Messiah?{pun intended}), try thinking what it is that you judge....
    Hope you won't get offended, since I like how new blood is joining copvp(and your team is good even though your BASH ganking needs to be abit reconsidered XD) .
  • oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,067 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nothing is original anymore.
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    oobtree wrote: »
    Nothing is original anymore.

    Let's start a riot!
  • implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmmm, I can assure you though, that every single PvP capable build going out today though is not as obvious as you'd think...sure you only see AoPM , Quarry, NW or...any defensive passive that exists actually (heya Raven with your PFF XD) but everyone builds something unique there...for example, take a look at my PA AoPM build posted on the other thread, Yes, it does use AoPM but it has almost nothing to do in the way it works with Penny's(Pallihwtf) build that uses the same passive, yet you can tell that both our builds are pretty viable. So, yeah you easily judge pps and say look he copies so he sucks, yet you 90% of the players I know that PvP think and make of their own builds.An excellent example is Shaguar...pps usually say he copies and stuff and that his build is Green's etc.Check Green's hp...compare it to Shag's, you'll notice a 4k difference or so, check Green's powers and tgen Shag's, not the same set, saying that UR + DU makes the builds identical is very biased to say the least.So before judging others and pretending to be a small Jesus of PvP ( or should I say Messiah?{pun intended}), try thinking what it is that you judge....
    Hope you won't get offended, since I like how new blood is joining copvp(and your team is good even though your BASH ganking needs to be abit reconsidered XD) .

    Lots of what green does is about style.. Or so he says ;) But yeah I know they have slightly different builds but it's still the same concept. I'm not having a go at anyone for having the same build as each other. Yeah I always tell the guys not to gank anyone, sorry if they do. (saying that their dino's hit me so much haha) I use to pvp back in 2009 / 2010 in CO, it was a bit of a shock when I came back. :wink:
    _____________________________
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <- No violence or dark humor here, move on.

    I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr [email protected] in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    BTW B.A.S.H. are hard to decide target who, when you got 9-x and become side to be chased. It's the most difficult moment. Hit-runaway-hit-runaway. xD
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for telling me what you know I already understand, jewel. I don't always know who to target, that's why I used to fire at all of you and win 10:0. That's why you all started firing at me. But I'm a liar because I'm me and not you. But this thread isn't about me, is it?

    Let's just say with certain individuals, they say one thing on the forums and then act differently in hero games and differently behind closed doors. You're right. This isn't about me.
    smoochan wrote: »


    On the friendslist window there is a little clicky pop up menu on the botton where you can whitelist various things like duels, chat, etc...

    So basically, if you're the type of person who gets their feelings hurt very easily by things like people not talking about you, and people talking about you, you can just whitelist chat and shut out the whole world, and the only things in chat you can see are those coming from the players on your very very short friends list.

    People like that don't exist though because that's just a ridiculous way to exist, so the feature is rarely used, so it's no surprise that people don't know about it. MMOs are social games after all.. why would an anti-social person play them? lol

    Or just annoyed by their sheer ignorance and elitism. Why do people play MMO games if they solo nemcon? That is a stupid question. Action games aren't about "socializing," they're about punching people in the face, whether PvE or PvP. I go online for more targets/teammates. Why should I have to explain all this to someone who claims to be more mature?

    Weren't you the one posting a thread asking other people why they play video games? I rest my case.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for telling me what you know I already understand, jewel. I don't always know who to target, that's why I used to fire at all of you and win 10:0. That's why you all started firing at me. But I'm a liar because I'm me and not you. But this thread isn't about me, is it?

    I think we do same thing except in case super tough build. Well, you are welcome. xD
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    <--- Super Tough :P

    Finally somebody decides to be honest, and it was one of the ones I always thought it'd be... someone I've always liked. What an interesting coincidence. Anyone else? :P
  • implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    <--- Super Tough :P

    Finally somebody decides to be honest, and it was one of the ones I always thought it'd be... someone I've always liked. What an interesting coincidence. Anyone else? :P

    You know, being friendly only to people who kiss your **** is not the way to get respect.

    I actually started to think that everything everyone said about you was not true at all, then I killed you once in bash and you removed me as a friend making it so I was whitelisted. I don't understand why you hate having contacts and friendly rivals for. By the way none of what I said is a lie. If you did manage to keep contacts / friends then maybe you wouldn't have a target painted on your head all the time.
    _____________________________
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <- No violence or dark humor here, move on.

    I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr [email protected] in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
Sign In or Register to comment.