test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Create-an-Emote Topic!

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Name: Lock'n'Load

Whips out a rifle (Assault Rifle, MSG, Sniper Rifle, Shot Gun), does the "Chamber a Bullet" move.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited February 2013
    Name: Katana Pose

Draws the sword from the hip and go samuraishly high sword pose.
    204953.png?2
    edited February 2013
    Name: Katana Pose 2

Draws the sword from the hip and go samuraishly low sword pose.
    Samurai-belushi.jpg
    edited February 2013
    Name: OMG! Fire!

Snap your finger and create a flame on your hand.
    edited February 2013
    Name: Brain Blow.

The PSI guys have this.
    And Dr. Sheldon Cooper...

sheldon.jpg
    edited February 2013
    Name: Juggle.

Juggles Snowballs, Electricity, Magic Balls, Force Balls, Fire Balls, Foxbat Balls..., Pistols?.., Chainsaws, Those Lil' Fire Demons, Mime Heads, Skulls.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    /e drawweapon

Just like it sounds. It bugs me that I have to actually attack someone just to see my weapons.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Name: "use_your_head"

Description/Function:
    1. The character raises left arm and point at the side of his/her own head
    2. Pokes themselves in the head (head should simulate getting pushed a little) as if to say "use your brain in there" while making a frowning expression
    3. The character makes a "duh" noise to futher indicate their displeasure

Potential market?
    • Roleplaying + PvE: suggest non-verbally that somebody isn't using their brain to think
    • Roleplaying + PvP: smacktalking (an essential spice of PvP), but in a way that doesn't use verbal insults (so more civilized!)
    • Roleplaying: sarcastic moments in the storytelling
    • Wanting to show off you bought a premium emote

I read that and I immediately think of this:
    got_it_memorized.gif
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This gives me an idea...

First, the looking downtrodden or defeated emotes already exist:
    /e cry
    It works well for multiple meanings, just make sure you have no target selected when you do it.

Second, a new emote as per your point & revised by me: :smile:

Name: "facepalm"

Description/Function:
    1. The character raises both hands to cover their face in their palms
    2. Shakes their head "no" slightly while facepalming, for about 1 second
    3. Extends their arms forward, open palms, fingers together, slightly upturned; while making an "aww..." noise with an esqueued expression of discontent on their face (tilt head ever so slightly too)
    4. The reason for having the emote finish like this is important is to, in effect, "point" at what you are trying to communicate about -- what you're facepalming about (i.e.: the body of a fallen foe or teammate, or the guy who just charged off solo Leeroy Jenkins style). A clear non-verbal direction indication is essential for a facepalm to communicate the context of what's being facepalmed, you see?

Potential market?
    • Roleplaying + PvE: Alerts, Lairs, etc. I can think of hundreds of moments where I would have loved to have had this emote
    • Roleplaying + PvP: smacktalking (an essential spice of PvP), but in a way that doesn't use verbal insults (so more civilized!) It can be used to light-heartedly tease somebody who just got horrifically owned in battle.
    • Roleplaying: frustration as situations or inanimate objects (i.e.: frustrated with your "broken" science experiment)

Umm.......as I already posted here? http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2953391&postcount=29

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    /TaiChi

/You practice your tai chi to relax

nuff said

it would be great for martial arts based characters, but other basic martial art moves would be good too as well
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
  • arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    /e crossarms

Simply folds your arms across your chest and stand with feet shoulder width apart. It is an emote I miss from CoX. Looking ahead not down.
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Kemmicals, this is what I had in mind for something like the "use-your-head" emote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-MFrQItuRU

I really miss the sound of that National laugh... *sigh* Ha-ha-haaaw!

Speaking of which... y'all should watch this video (some of the most popularly bought emotes from that game, Battlefunds = their version of Zen):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjD_Lq-1Xe8
    Seriously, watch it, it's a brief video.

That's a lot of great ones FlyingFinn! People love ninja and military stuff.

Hmm... In fact, that gives an idea!

Carry on :smile:
    arblaque wrote: »
    /e crossarms

Simply folds your arms across your chest and stand with feet shoulder width apart. It is an emote I miss from CoX. Looking ahead not down.

This is so easy to animate there's no good reason not to!

Great suggestion, I should have thought of this arg!

clcmercy wrote: »
    Yet another golden emote EVERYONE would buy just to have.

/e facepalm

Pretty sure it's descriptive enough on its own, but....character bends arm at elbow, placing palm on face, lowering head and shaking it for three to five seconds.

Whoops! I guess this one was metioned already, my bad. Doh!

I'll have to change the name of mine so mine is an alternative of this one, more of an extended version.

You're right, that is a sure-fire seller. Frikin' golden!
    edited February 2013
    /e patience

Character stands straight-backed, stiffly formal with arms crossed at chest. Feet together.

Again, almost everyone will want this one.

Character maintains pose until movement cancels.
    /e drink

Character has coffee cup(or better yet, bottled water) appear in hand, occasionally sipping. Animation loops until movement cancels animation.

All roleplayers, and even some other customers/players would kill for this one.

These are golden! The drink one in particular is one I've wish existed for a long time. I don't even care if it's in-game advertising with a name-brand bottle like Coke or Pepsi (hell we could use the money!)

Although "patience" needs to distinguish itself uniquely more as just having "arms crossed", and therefore different than "/e tapfoot" where you tap your foot impatiently while checking your imaginary wrist watch.

/TaiChi

/You practice your tai chi to relax

nuff said

it would be great for martial arts based characters, but other basic martial art moves would be good too as well

I love this!

But come on "nuff said" is a cop-out... :tongue: Not enough said, describe some examples or link us some videos to watch! Please? :biggrin:
    edited February 2013
    Military realism squad commander series, 1 of 6

Name: "cmd_attack"

Description/Function:
    1. The character raises their right arm quickly, forming fingers together into a straight knife-hand shape
    2. Extends the elbow to bring their hand down vertically like a knife and at full extension is pointing at the intended target
    3. It is understood by the squad that they are to open fire at the target (or provide supressing fire in that direction).
    4. (optional) I recommend that the following local chat phrase is said on local when used (default bind?): "Attack that {currently_selected_target}!"

Potential market?
    • Fans of military stuff (which is the biggest market in all of the video game industry, more than fantasy)
    • PvE: team communication
    • RP + PvE: IC runs of mission content (IC = In-Character roleplay done on Elite difficulty)
    • PvP: in teamplay, indicates to your SG mates which enemy player needs to be targeted and eliminated, very handy indeed!
    edited February 2013
    Military realism squad commander series, 2 of 6

Name: "cmd_hold"

Description/Function:
    1. The character raises their right arm's fist over their head
    2. The forearm and fist should be vertically pointed up
    3. The the animation is functionally similar to sit_chair as it's held until moved
    4. It is understood by the squad that they are to IMMEDIATELY stop moving as STFU! The squad should be quiet and frozen still enough to hear a coin drop onto concrete.
    5. (optional) I highly recommend that the following local chat phrase is said on local when used (default bind?): "Hold! Everybody stop!"
    6. Griz should have his animation updated in the "Sewer Rats" phase of Resistance before you enter the area with the scanner drones. This would serve to better advertise this premium emote to protential buyers.

Potential market?
    • Fans of military
    • Fans of Griz if #6 above is implement like it should be (i.e.: younger kids and older adults that remember the PnP Champions comic)
    • PvE: quickly inform the team to stop moving forward or hold their fire
    • PvP: quickly inform the team to stop moving forward or hold their fire
    • RP + PvE: IC runs with a military character (In-Character & Elite difficulty)
    edited February 2013
    Military realism squad commander series, 3 of 6

Name: "cmd_medic"

Description/Function:
    1. The character clenches across their side with one arm and hunches over slightly
    2. The other arm raises higher above their head an wobbles around a bit feebly, index finger somewhat pointed out more (almost like you would if you were asking a question in a classroom)
    3. It is understood by the squad that somebody is injured and needs a healer, ASAP!
    4. (optional) I highly recommend that the following local chat phrase is said on local when used (default bind?): "Help I need a medic!"
    5. I also highly recommend a red + icon is displayed blinking for 2.5 seconds above the player's head so other players know who needs a heal
    6. I recommend this emote comes with a sound and HIGHLY recommend a 5 second cooldown. Do NOT allow this to be spammed; bad game developers if you fail to do this, bad!

Potential market?
    • Fans of military stuff
    • PvE: every player who has ever needed a healer, and every healer who needed to know somebody needed a heal (so yeah like everyone at some times in a teamplay situation)
    • PvP: communicate instantly to your team who needs a heal
    • RP + PvE: IC runs (In-Character & Elite difficulty)
    • RP: Hopsital ER scenerio stuff
    edited February 2013
    Military realism squad commander series, 4 of 6

Name: "cmd_regroup"

Description/Function:
    1. The character raises their right arm, bent elbow, hand above top of their head
    2. Twirls their wrist & hand about in a circular pattern for 720 degrees (2 revolutions) in a counter-clockwise manner (relative to looking down from above)
    3. The elbow stays in place during this movement, making the forearm move in a conical manner
    4. It is understood by the squad that they are to rally around the leader (who is doing the emote).
    5. (optional) I highly recommend that the following local chat phrase is said on local when used (default bind?): "Regroup on me team!"

Potential market?
    • Fans of military stuff
    • PvE: when the team gets spread out too much
    • PvP: when the team gets spread out too much
    • RP: In the fire service this signal would mean to open the valve up, increasing water pressure in the line
    edited February 2013
    Military realism squad commander series, 5 of 6

Name: "cmd_flank"

Description/Function:
    1. The character points at something straight ahead then gestures off to the right
    2. The character points straight ahead again then gestures off to the left
    3. The character nods to acknowledge the execution & conclusion of the commands
    4. It is understood by the squad that they are to split up and go around the target to flank them
    5. (optional) I recommend that the following local chat phrase is said on local when used (default bind?): "Flank that {currently_selected_target}!"

Potential market?
    • Fans of military stuff
    • PvE: A tank telling the DPS players to get around the group or boss and attack from the sides or behind
    • PvP: Telling your teammates to attack from the sides or behind
    • RP: organizing people in a room, directing them to spread out from being in a bunch
    edited February 2013
    Military realism squad commander series, 6 of 6

Name: "cmd_eyes_on_target"

Description/Function:
    1. The character points at their own eyes with their index and middle fingers extended
    2. The character points ahead at the target
    3. It is understood by the squad that you are communicating an enemy, hostage, or hazardous threat you just found.
    4. (optional) I recommend that the following local chat phrase is said on local when used (default bind?): "Enemy {currently_selected_target} spotted!"

Potential market?
    • Fans of military stuff
    • PvE: when trying to find an elusive target, or trying to indicate what you want to attack before your team starts the attack
    • PvP: like saying, "Hey guys I found that sneaky bastard over here!"
    • RP: "I've got my eyes on you..." , "I'm watching you..."
    edited March 2013
    *looks around*

What happened did y'all run out of creative ideas?

I already got some more, but I feel like I'm already too much of a precentage of the ideas presented.

I challenge someone else to be creative for a turn. :smile: After all, we're going to need more of a selection than what we currently have.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *looks around*

I already got some more, but I feel like I'm already too much of a precentage of the ideas presented.

I challenge someone else to be creative for a turn. :smile: After all, we're going to need more of a selection than what we currently have.

Challenge accepted!

/em fan_snap

Your character pulls out a closed Japanese fan, briskly snaps it open, then pulls it close to their face, so as to conceal part of it.

/em glass_ball

Your character pulls out a fist-sized clear glass ball and does some dextrous manipulation of it over the back of the hand, (think of Bowie's character from Labyrinth).

/em tip_hat

Your character makes a motion like they grabbed the brim of a hat and acts like they are pulling it down slightly, accompanied by a slight bow of the head, (bonus points if they could do it so as it'd work with most brimmed hats).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    /e faint

Character puts the back of his/her hand to forehead, sways a bit, then falls flat on back. Stays that way until movement cancels final pose.

/e collapse

Character simply sways and then falls face first, flat. Stays that way until movement cancels final pose.

/e hammertime

'nuff said. MC Hammer dance. Loops until cancelled by moving.

/e thriller

Again, dance emote. Loops until cancelled by moving.

Umm...renaming the "patience" one....how about /e sterncrossedarms, because it's so stiff and formal a pose? To be honest, it's a copy of the /e stancevillain2 pose from City of Heroes.

I'll think of more later. :)

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • fentonatorfentonator Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yet another golden emote EVERYONE would buy just to have.

/e facepalm

Pretty sure it's descriptive enough on its own, but....character bends arm at elbow, placing palm on face, lowering head and shaking it for three to five seconds.

Seconded. I do, in fact, believe that I have seen claims that this might be the most-desired emote missing from the game right now...
  • corniviccornivic Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *looks around*

I have some I just not good with naming them,

I want emotes that using your superpowers in different ways.
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Haven't read everyone's posts so these ideas might have been posted already but here we go:

* Dramatic Pose Standing standing still, hands on hips, chest puffed out, legs in a shoulder-width style stance, head turned slightly to one side and tilted slightly upwards, if possible should have a breeze effect on any cape worn

Reasons: dramatic poses is to superheroes what butter is to bread :)
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
    edited March 2013
    * Dramatic Pose Crouch like you sometimes get from some leaps and used by nighthawk in the nighthawk mission vid, crouching dramatically looking down watching like a gargoyle over the streets or alley below

Market: all those many dark vigilantes and creatures of the night as well as roleplayers
    edited March 2013
    * Dramatic Pose Lurk great for standing in shadows ominously, still, straight-backed and grim.

Good for vigilante types or those who want to stand motionless for a while.
    edited March 2013
    * Dramatic Pose Lurk Sneaky great for standing in shadows ominously, this time hunched over.

Whether it's a The Shadow style vigilante or some skulking vampire getting his Max Shrek on and of course very sueful for RPers this would be great for adding some extra mood.
    edited March 2013
    * Crime Scene Crouch Crouching over, kneeling, picking things up off the ground and peering at them.

I've seen lots of people fumble with the battleplan aand computer kneel emotes trying to get a result like this so having a set one would be good.
    edited March 2013
    * Thumbs Up Grim more like Batman in TAS this is a simple thumbs up with perhaps a subtle smile rather than the very enthusiastic double-thumbs up waving around everywhere style existing one.

Market: everyone who wants to use thumbs up but finds existing one far too comical and over-the-top for their hero.
    edited March 2013
    * Notes writes notes onto a clipboard

Market: Medical or Science based characters
    edited March 2013
    * Notebook writes notes into small notebook

Market: police, investigative, scientist, medical, academic type characters or violent vigilantes adding a name to The LIST
    edited March 2013
    * Files flicks through files in a manilla file folder

Market: investigative types and great for those interact with clues moments.
    edited March 2013
    * Book flips through pages of a big book as if reading

Academics, Magic users, Scientists, Medical etc and plenty of clue-interaction uses
    edited March 2013
    * Eureka Like the cheer where an air-punch is given but instead more restrained and with a finger pointed up into the air with bent elbow

Optional variation:

* Eureka Bulb as above with lightbulb appearing over characters head for those wanting comic effect
  • ignitussparkignitusspark Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    /e sleep_laydown

I know there is already a sleep emote but it just seems akward to do that standing up

it can be used for roleplaying or an afk action. It works the same way a sit_chair for duration.
    edited March 2013
    THANK YOU battybattybats!

That's exactly the kind of stuff I want to see more of in this thread. And one emote per post so it's nice & easy to reference in the future.

PS: If you disable your signature for each post it'll look more streamlined.
    /e sleep_laydown

I know there is already a sleep emote but it just seems akward to do that standing up

it can be used for roleplaying or an afk action. It works the same way a sit_chair for duration.

I already gotcha covered on this one:

Sleeping on your left side
    Sleeping on your right side

:wink:
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is it even possible to have emotes that require 2 or more players? Not sure how that would work but I'd love to see high-five, handshake, fist bumps n all that :D

Also all the suggestions in this thread are nice.

+1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited March 2013
    pallihwtf wrote: »
    Is it even possible to have emotes that require 2 or more players? Not sure how that would work but I'd love to see high-five, handshake, fist bumps n all that :D

Also all the suggestions in this thread are nice.

+1

I would LOVE to have some of the Portal 2 co-op mode emotes, high-fives, hugs, etc.

However StormShade (I recently noticed I was incorrectly was calling him ShadeShooter, which is a community moderator from a different MMO entirely), said this was "not possible with the current game engine" according the the UNTIL Report (it's an old one).

As we struggle to get developer time for even simple content & critical bug fixes, I think something like this is beyond the scope of our budget.

I'd love to be wrong on this though!
  • arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    After playing around in Neverwinter I know we must have the dance_zombie emote. Imagine the Thriller youtube video
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
    edited March 2013
    I want this :biggrin: No honestly, it's my favorite emote in all of TF2, and I'd easily pay quadruple the price JUST to have this on my dedicated, celestial healer in this game.

Name: "holy"

Description/Function:
    1. As close as one can reasonably get to this emote without getting in trouble: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W3rjErmOzo
    2. The brilliant white light glow and soft angelic choir sound are the most essential parts, the doves don't matter.

Potential market?
    • PvE: message, "I'm a dedicated healer! Pay attention to me!"
    • RP: anything related to a divine plot element or something shocking
    • PvP: message, "Bow before me mortals!" (response is you're probably going to get targeted, so maybe you do this emote right before you die when you know you're going to die)
    • Steam players who also play TF2, of which are many in this game.
  • khayuungkhayuung Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Magical girl transformation ballerina spin!

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
    edited July 2013
    You heard the man:
    This is a little bit of an experiment for us. If this pack does well, we'll probably end up releasing more in the future.

BUY EMOTES! ALL OF YOU!

Please? It's something other than lockboxes, right?
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Too bad I converted most of my Zen to get Mystic flight the day before the emote pack was released.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Name: "Alert_rifle"

Description/Function:

<Requires an assault rifle power>

The character is alert and points his assault rifle at various directions. Does loop.

Potential Market:
    RP: Anyone mainly relying on an assault rifle. / Showing off material, looking paranoid or nervous.
    Other: Something one could use if AFK, oh, and you bought a premium emote!

• monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You heard the man:

BUY EMOTES! ALL OF YOU!

Please? It's something other than lockboxes, right?

airguitar1.jpg
    Why not!! :3
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I propose a laugh/chuckle where you aren't pointing at another player, not all of us want to mock someone by pointing and laughing at them ><
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    /e wallrest

Player is posed as if leaning casually against a wall, arms crossed with one leg bent with the foot against the wall behind them.

Useful for RP when you don't just want to stand around.
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2013