test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Create-an-Emote Topic!

agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
Just recently, I finally got an email back from Cryptic/PerfectWorld saying they are indeed interested in profiting from sales of emotes, like how Battlefield Heroes has done (for years now), in some of PW's MMO titles (includes Champions).

Great news!

However, there's a problem/catch...

One I feel only the community can truly answer:

They'd need to release a new pack (which can include costume sets, lockboxes, etc.) about once every two to three months to be consistently profitable (about 4 to 6 packs per year).

This is something we CAN do!

I'm asking you readers (and your friends) to come here an brainstorm some ideas for new emotes (for sale in the Z-Store)!

So...

Purposes of this topic:
  • to brainstorm potential emote packages for future development & sale
  • to give a direct appeal to CoH players and RP-loving players
  • to increase revenues through larger volume sales of an inexpensive product to be sold on the Z-Store
  • to give employment to an animation artist

Guidelines to follow for your posts:
  • ONLY ONE EMOTE PER POST PLEASE! The reason why is so we can easily point to a specific numbered post when putting them in packages in a later topic. Instead of linking to long lists, we'll be able to link to a single post as needed. Please assist me in this endeavor.
  • Occasional back-to-back posts are totally expected and are ok for this topic. No worries!
  • Suggest anything you can dream of! Praise the ones you like, look for ways to improve from the ones you dislike
  • Create name for your emote
  • Post a description of what your emote does so we can visualize it (needs to be something that can clearly be animated on any size or shape character)
  • Post why this would be a good emote to have; argue why it would sell! Why is it wanted? For what purpose(s)?
  • Be creative, but also be reasonable please. (I'm looking at Nepht and Caliga mostly as I say this) :wink:
Post edited by agentnx5 on

Comments

• Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ;faint
    -You fall over, stiff as a board, onto your back. You stay down motionless until you move.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Not the best one, but I'm using this as a quick template.

Name: "popcorn"

Description/Function:
    1. The character/toon raises there left arm at the elbow to a right-angle with fingers cupped
    2. A popcorn bucket appears in the left hand, white & red stripes on the container and overfilled fluffy white popcorn on the top
    3. The right hand comes over and alternates between the bucket top (clipping slightly) and the character's mouth
    4. Makes a quiet/soft munching sound effect

Potential market?
    • To tease people who are arguing in front of you
    • Roleplaying: situations with eating
    • Roleplaying + PvP: effectively teasing somebody who's nerd-raging about losing without saying a word
    • Amusing yourself when bored and waiting on an AFK teammate to "brb"
    • Wanting to show off that you bought a premium emote

More to come! :smile:
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ;watchingyou

tumblr_lvjj2xe1tY1qkjkqa.gif

'nuff said.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Military Pack:

It'd contain a smaller/tighter fitting backpack, knee & elbow pads, and perhaps a few more AR models to place on your back.

It'd also contain a version of the salute emote where you remain saluting until you move/take an action.

It'd also contain an "at ease" - see image below:

MarineAtEase.jpg

It'd also contain a "check gear" emote where your character would appear to adjust their boots, gloves, and belt.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Bluhman's I like :smile: lol!

SisterSilicon, can you please edit that last one to be a bit more descriptive of what exactly you have in mind?

Here's my next (obviously I'll have a mirrored right version next):

Name: "sleep_left"

Description/Function:
    1. Character lays on their left side
    2. Curls a bit into a slight fetal position with hands and feet forward. FYI: the top limbs are more forward than the lower to "stabilize" the body so it doesn't roll backward.
    3. Works the same as the sit_chair emote functionally. You lay down and hold there until you move your control.

Potential market?
    • Roleplaying: sleeping
    • Roleplaying: cuddling (i.e.: spooning)
    • Roleplaying: alternate death idle animation
    • Wanting to show off you bought a premium emote
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Double the development with copy & paste right? :tongue:

It's good to have flexibility in animations, different situations may necessitate it. I have experience in doing weapon animations for shooters, so I know this well from a developer standpoint.

Name: "sleep_right"

Description/Function:
    1. Character lays on their right side
    2. Curls a bit into a slight fetal position with hands and feet forward. FYI: the top limbs are more forward than the lower to "stabilize" the body so it doesn't roll backward.
    3. Works the same as the sit_chair emote functionally. You lay down and hold there until you move your control.

Potential market?
    • Roleplaying: sleeping
    • Roleplaying: cuddling (i.e.: spooning)
    • Roleplaying: alternate death idle animation
  • Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    /e dance_pole

But no seriously, I'd like to see the faux-tap. Where you're beside someone and you tap their opposite shoulder so they look away from you and no one is there.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Breaking this one out so that it's a single emote per post, praising it, giving credit to you, and expanding on its description.
    bioshrike wrote: »
    It'd also contain a version of the salute emote where you remain saluting until you move/take an action.

Name: "salute_maintained"

Description/Function:
    1. The character's right arm raises, upper arm horizontal parallel to the ground, lower arm angles up to form a straight line with a flat hand (fingers together) to the temple on the right side of their head.
    2. With a properly done salute, the fingers come up to the temple on the skull on the side of that arm. It does NOT go over the brow or past the head (Whiteout's artist failed to draw that correctly in episode one where Lt. Blair is fail-saluting Justiciar...) No fail-salutes please, it's as insulting/disrespectful to military families as dragging and unfolded flag through the dirt. :smile:
    3. Works the same as the sit_chair emote functionally. You start the salute and hold it there until you move your controls.

Potential market?
    • Roleplaying: military
    • Roleplaying + PvP: showing respect before you start a duel
    • Players who are military, former military, or family or fans of their nation's military.
    • Players who would also be (or have already) interested in the US Flag style superspeed travel power (I forget the name, somebody please correct me).
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Another good one but you didn't finish detailing it...
    [...] a "check gear" emote where your character would appear to adjust their boots, gloves, and belt.

Name: "check_gear"

Description/Function:
    1. double knots their boot laces
    2. pulls on the cuff of each glove
    3. checks or presses something on their belt (ideal for the utility belt costume pieces)

Potential market?
    • Roleplaying: military
    • Roleplaying: getting ready & dresses
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Butt kick (for those people you just want to)

Must be targeted,
    melee range only.

Person gives a straight kick to persons rear (which can by funny if target has a shrinker or magnifier on) arms out slightly for balance.

Problems: making sure theykick the rear

Smack em one

Arms raise above head
    baseball bat appears
    player grins
    player applies baseball bat to targets head
    Optional: little stars or stun symbol
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Name: "Pistol_Spin"

Description/Function:

-Requires a pistol power-

The character takes out their pistols and spins them around in their fingers, doing tricks from time to time. It Loops.

Potential Market:
    Roleplaying: Western Gunslingers/Mercenaries/Hit-men/Bounty Hunters
    Roleplaying: To make your character show off as to how cool they are
    Can be used as an AFK emote or something to do to pass the time.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Name: "Think"

Description/Function:

Character tilts their head up, and puts their hand to their chin and strokes.

Potential Market:
    General emote that anyone can use.
    Roleplaying: Smart People
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "akimbo"

The hero puts its arms akimbo until another emote is used or character moves.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Name: "Carry_Melee"

Description/Function:

-Requires Dual Sword/Single Sword/Heavy Weapon-

Character hoists their weapon to sit on their shoulder.
    (since you guys already seem to have that idle stance

Potential Market:
    Roleplaying: Samurai, Heavy Swordsman, Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Military Pack:

It'd contain a smaller/tighter fitting backpack, knee & elbow pads, and perhaps a few more AR models to place on your back.

It'd also contain an "at ease" - see image below:

It'd also contain a "check gear" emote where your character would appear to adjust their boots, gloves, and belt.

I wholeheartedly support this idea.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Additional ideas:

Semi-formal bow: You place your right hand across your torso, your left hand is sort of relaxed at your side, and do a slight forward lean from the waist-up.

Formal bow: You place your right hand across your torso, your left hand across the backside of your torso, and perform a lower forward lean from your waist-up.

Semi-casual curtsey: You bend your knee, do a slight bend-down, and a slight leaning forward from your waist-up.

Formal curtsey: You bend your knee, do a slight bend down w/ a forward lean, and do a grasping gesture at your sides, near your waist, (like you were lifting the sides of a dress slightly).

Fist-bump: You extend your right hand forward, while making a fist.

Fist-bump explode: You extend your right hand forward in a fist, hold it there for a second, then quickly open your hand and shake it slightly as you draw it back.

Warm up: You do a low alternating hop from one foot to the other, while shaking your hands at your sides.

Fix hair: You draw your fingers through your hair, then you slowly slide your open hand, palm-down, across each side of your head.

Take note: You hold a pad in one hand then appear to jot something down with a pen/pencil in the other.

Sip: This one would have a few options - sip_tea would have you take a sip from a teacup. sip_coffee would be a paper/styrofoam cup, and sip_soda would be a larger glass mug.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    IF i were playing the game in good standing (which i remind you I am not)

I would purchase a "UNTIL Soldier" emote pack.. Not only that but if I were CONTENT with the game my purchase history preludes to me buying it for my whole Supergroup.

Shame they don't want me to play.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Anyone seen Salvador's "come at me bro" taunt in Borderlands 2. This game needs that.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    /emote toomanybees

I think the name says it all; You flail your arms around as if you have a swarm of bees around you or you're trying desperately to get bad mental imagery out of your head.

/emote fallbackwards

You fall onto your back cartoonishly with your legs sticking up in the air, one of them twitching. You stay that way until you move or initiate another emote.

/emote paintmelikeyourfrenchgirls

'Nuff said.
  • Options
    stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    /e boxer

Take up a boxer pose and swing your fists, as if you were boxing.
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    /e taunt_behind_slap

Turns back to target, bends over and slaps behind.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    malvou wrote: »
    Name: "Pistol_Spin"

Description/Function:

-Requires a pistol power-

The character takes out their pistols and spins them around in their fingers, doing tricks from time to time. It Loops.

Potential Market:
    Roleplaying: Western Gunslingers/Mercenaries/Hit-men/Bounty Hunters
    Name: "Think"

Description/Function:

Character tilts their head up, and puts their hand to their chin and strokes.

Potential Market:
    General emote that anyone can use.
    Roleplaying: Smart People
    Name: "Carry_Melee"

Description/Function:

-Requires Dual Sword/Single Sword/Heavy Weapon-

Character hoists their weapon to sit on their shoulder.
    (since you guys already seem to have that idle stance

Potential Market:
    Roleplaying: Samurai, Heavy Swordsman, Great Weapon Fighter

Well thought out and quite do-able with current tech!

Also thank you for posting single emotes per each post. It'll really help for what I have planned... *evil scientist laugh*
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    stmoth wrote: »
    /e boxer

Take up a boxer pose and swing your fists, as if you were boxing.

Battlefield Heroes had something like this, but I think TF2 did it better with the Boxing Gloves weapon for the Heavy.

*ding ding*

*uppercut pumping*

:tongue:

Questions though:

1. What did you have in mind for an animation, exactly? Like specifically what?

2. Can you please edit your post to recommend who you think would be the type of player to buy this? Think about how this could be advertised. :smile:

wimpazoid wrote: »
    /e taunt_behind_slap

LOL!

Sounds more like a sexy taunt than an insulting taunt to me :tongue:

I could see this being the source of much laughter.

Again though, who would this be marketed to? How to promote it?

There is a very good reason why I keep asking for that part -- because at some point it's going to come together and it'll have to be pitched in a meeting to a Perfect World executive who's most likely (from what we keep seeing) isn't going to believe Champions is worth investing money into an unknown product to him/her.

As TrailTurtle said in the "NOW I'm convinced thread" (use forum search please), the devs care about Champions and it won't be shutting down. But anybody with common sense who's been around for awhile can plainly see Champions has not been invested in equally. It is an uphill struggle we face as a community. One I'm optimistic about. :smile:

I look forward to your newest creative creations!!!
    (and I got some more of my own I'm thinking of...) Feel free to ask your friend in-game to share their ideas.

Only one emote per post please for future cross-linking simplicity!
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    /e gunready

- Requires: 1 power that utilizes a gun

Holds your gun upward. Position is held until you move.

Example: Go read the magazine at the RenCen tables with a gun out and wiggle around. You'll know which pose I'm talking about.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Okay. Only one per post? That's gonna inflate the thread much, but here goes:

/e walllean

Character crosses arms across chest, then legs while leaning back. Can be positioned to be leaning on almost anything.

Potential buyers? Almost everyone.

Character maintains position until movement.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Another good one.

/e patience

Character stands straight-backed, stiffly formal with arms crossed at chest. Feet together.

Again, almost everyone will want this one.

Character maintains pose until movement cancels.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    /e drink

Character has coffee cup(or better yet, bottled water) appear in hand, occasionally sipping. Animation loops until movement cancels animation.

All roleplayers, and even some other customers/players would kill for this one.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Yet another golden emote EVERYONE would buy just to have.

/e facepalm

Pretty sure it's descriptive enough on its own, but....character bends arm at elbow, placing palm on face, lowering head and shaking it for three to five seconds.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Another one mainly for the roleplay crowd, but I can see other people using it while waiting for Alerts to queue....

/e talk

Character stands with legs slightly apart, head animated in conversation with occasional random arm and hand motions, as if conversing with another. Not that silly "mini juggle" motion in the agitated talk, either. Loops until movement cancels animation.

• Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    /e taunt_behind_slap

agentnx5 wrote: »
    Again though, who would this be marketed to? How to promote it?
    Sexy crime fighter pack. Could totally see male rock gods rocking them. Use them on friends, villians and any devs that crosses your path.

I was recently informed the chances of coming across alternate role-playing in those instanced zones are pretty good nowadays too.
  • Options
    arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "Pie_Face" emote

Pull pie from back and hurl at target and would be awesome to add a 10% or some random chance your pie hits yourself in the face.

This emote would likely be banned at CCs

Oh and repackage the "Air_guitar" emote maybe add "Air_drums" and "Lip_sync" in a air band pack.
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • Options
    gingervitosgingervitos Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What is needed is a Run into wall emote.

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
  • Options
    enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For starters I'd just like to get the emotes that STO has and we don't over here, not the Trek specific ones like the live long and prosper hand sign of course, just the other generic ones they got like /e facepalm and /e airguitar
  • Options
    jaxtondragoonjaxtondragoon Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How about?

/em PlayDead
    (capitalized for clarity)

Would be a simple death pose, could even use the default death poses.

It could be used when roleplaying or simply bored. Could be funny to do at a costume contest if it was not your category and you wanted to do something a bit more creative than just 'sit it out.'
  • Options
    jaxtondragoonjaxtondragoon Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This one's been suggested too but I didn't see it here.

/em dance_gangnam

Pretty sure I don't need to describe this one.

Usage: Really what purpose do any of the dance emotes have except fun?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Name: dance_gangnam

[formatted to match the topic :wink:]

Pretty sure I don't need to describe this one.

Usage: Really what purpose do any of the dance emotes have except fun?

Much better than most of the cheesy late 80's dance moves we currently have!

/me wants

Name: PlayDead

[formatted to match the topic :wink:]

Would be a simple death pose, could even use the default death poses.

It could be used when roleplaying or simply bored. Could be funny to do at a costume contest if it was not your category and you wanted to do something a bit more creative than just 'sit it out.'

Clever. I like it.

Functionality would be like the sit_chair emote right? (holds it until you move)

arblaque wrote: »
    "Pie_Face" emote

Pull pie from back and hurl at target and would be awesome to add a 10% or some random chance your pie hits yourself in the face.

This emote would likely be banned at CCs

I don't think this one can work for three reasons:

1. The game engine (currently) doesn't support targetted emotes. About 1.5 years ago Gentleman_Crush was asked (by me) about getting a "high-5" emote in the style of Portal 2's co-op mode. He said it can't work because emotes don't allow for targetting and distance cutoffs, it's just an animation. In other words you can create a pie model attached to the hand, but you can't actually throw it.

2. For it to work it'd have to be a device like the snowball or the Foxbat waterballoon.

3. Griefing is already too much of an issue. Not need one with unlimited ammo...

It would work well as a device (and it is funny), but cannot be an emote without some deep engine code adjustments, and they can't even remove the chat ban functionality from the code so... no can do.

arblaque wrote: »
    repackage the "Air_guitar" emote maybe add "Air_drums" and "Lip_sync" in a air band pack.

Sounds like 3 excellent, individual posts for this topic right there!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Invisible Violin

/emote violin

You pretend to play a violin as if to mock your adversary's sad situation... and somehow you're actually producing a sound. The animation persists for as long as you stand still, but the the violin sounds only last about 10 seconds.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Here's another

Name: guitar_solo

Functionality?
    1. You produce a wicked looking electric guitar (uses your costume colors for blade weapons)
    2. Your character does a crazy epic-sound riff sequence for a few seconds with pyrotechnics blasting up from the ground around you
    3. You finish the sequence with the guitar above your head with both arms, sustaining that last note, and a bolt of lightning (borrowed from the lightning travel power) flashes down and zaps the guitar as it disappears! Crashing cresendo!

Potential market? / Who to sell to?
    • Roleplaying: rock legend, a god of metal, etc.
    • Hommage to one of the top-rated games of all time: Brutal Legend. Just make sure it has a Champion's flair to it, like make it use a remix of the Champion theme song.
    • Sell with a metal-themed costume pack to really maximize sales
    • People interested in making a rock god character, or any character really around the "GLORY OF METAL!" theme
    • Encourages new ideas for superhero character creation, sells to your veteran players as well as your newbies
    kemmicals wrote: »
    Invisible Violin

I like it a lot but a suggestion and a question if I may:

Suggestion: Have it only last as long as the sound byte

Question: What tune(s)? Is this like the TF2 Medic's bonesaw? Because that is one of my favorites!
    (Well actually the one where you glow with an angelic choir and doves flying is my favorite of all TF2 taunts :smile:)
  • Options
    gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    (note: wonder why this wasn't mentioned already :))

/face-plant

Self-explanatory but the 'classic' palm hand over a bowed head (just the type of thing used on failed alerts). Variant of this is the

/double_face-plant

same as above but with both hands.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »

I like it a lot but a suggestion and a question if I may:

Suggestion: Have it only last as long as the sound byte

Question: What tune(s)? Is this like the TF2 Medic's bonesaw? Because that is one of my favorites!
    (Well actually the one where you glow with an angelic choir and doves flying is my favorite of all TF2 taunts :smile:)

Probably something akin to Mr. Krabbs in Spongebob Squarepants playing a sad tune on the world's smallest violin or just a generic sad tune. After all, this is meant to add insult to injury after a nemcon run or when somebody just can't accept a loss in PvP.
  • Options
    takodatentakodaten Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    /newcontent

When activated, a random level-appropriate enemy is spawned for the hero to fight. No XP is given for this, no loot is given for this, but the hero can die from this if he gets beat up. However, if the hero beats up the villain, a graphic of a lockbox is left where the villain used to be. It is not a lootable item.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    kemmicals wrote: »
    Probably something akin to Mr. Krabbs in Spongebob Squarepants playing a sad tune on the world's smallest violin or just a generic sad tune. After all, this is meant to add insult to injury after a nemcon run or when somebody just can't accept a loss in PvP.

Ah clever, and I see you identified the target market for it too! Good work.

:smile:
    takodaten wrote: »
    /newcontent

When activated, a random level-appropriate enemy is spawned for the hero to fight. No XP is given for this, no loot is given for this, but the hero can die from this if he gets beat up. However, if the hero beats up the villain, a graphic of a lockbox is left where the villain used to be. It is not a lootable item.

The heck is this post? Wrong topic?

Read the opening post (post #1) in its entirity please...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Name: "use_your_head"

Description/Function:
    1. The character raises left arm and point at the side of his/her own head
    2. Pokes themselves in the head (head should simulate getting pushed a little) as if to say "use your brain in there" while making a frowning expression
    3. The character makes a "duh" noise to futher indicate their displeasure

Potential market?
    • Roleplaying + PvE: suggest non-verbally that somebody isn't using their brain to think
    • Roleplaying + PvP: smacktalking (an essential spice of PvP), but in a way that doesn't use verbal insults (so more civilized!)
    • Roleplaying: sarcastic moments in the storytelling
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    gtw891 wrote: »
    (note: wonder why this wasn't mentioned already :))

/face-plant

Self-explanatory but the 'classic' palm hand over a bowed head (just the type of thing used on failed alerts). Variant of this is the

/double_face-plant

same as above but with both hands.

This gives me an idea...

First, the looking downtrodden or defeated emotes already exist:
    /e cry
    It works well for multiple meanings, just make sure you have no target selected when you do it.

Second, a new emote as per your point & revised by me with an addition: :smile:

Name: "facepalm_aww"

Description/Function:
    1. The character raises both hands to cover their face in their palms
    2. Shakes their head "no" slightly while facepalming, for about 1 second
    3. Extends their arms forward, open palms, fingers together, slightly upturned; while making an "aww..." noise with an esqueued expression of discontent on their face (tilt head ever so slightly too)
    4. The reason for having the emote finish like this is important is to, in effect, "point" at what you are trying to communicate about -- what you're facepalming about (i.e.: the body of a fallen foe or teammate, or the guy who just charged off solo Leeroy Jenkins style). A clear non-verbal direction indication is essential for a facepalm to communicate the context of what's being facepalmed, you see?

Potential market?
    • Roleplaying + PvE: Alerts, Lairs, etc. I can think of hundreds of moments where I would have loved to have had this emote
    • Roleplaying + PvP: smacktalking (an essential spice of PvP), but in a way that doesn't use verbal insults (so more civilized!) It can be used to light-heartedly tease somebody who just got horrifically owned in battle.
    • Roleplaying: frustration as situations or inanimate objects (i.e.: frustrated with your "broken" science experiment)
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    clcmercy has mine:

Another good one.

/e patience

Character stands straight-backed, stiffly formal with arms crossed at chest. Feet together.

Again, almost everyone will want this one.

Character maintains pose until movement cancels.

Just what I was going to post (although I would have called it simply "crossedarms"). I have no idea why that's not in the game already.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We don't really need any new emotes at this point. Cryptic should just give us access to the emotes exclusive to NPCs and a few of those from STO.

Speaking of: Removing some of the STO emotes we had at one point (or making them NPC-exclusive, like the Air Guitar) was a really bad move. And no explanation was given.
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Removing anything is always bad PR for games like this. Add and fix, don't remove (unless actually broken, then remove, fix and replace).
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Name: Pew Pew

Draws out dual pistols (if player has ones equiped) or "finger guns" and shoots randomly. See Desert, Gunslinger Robots.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Name: Pistol Trick 1

Pulls out dual pistols and does some "Gun Kata" moves. See Bullet Ballet.

(WAIT. You can do that allready. Silly me...)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Name: Pistol Trick 2

Pulls out dual pistols and does "Pistol Spinning" trick. See Western/Cowboy movies...