What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20120928.2 PTS Update

Comments

• Options
    xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And you should be villainized, since you literally just spew your own totally one sided opinions about everything and have never even bothered to look at the situation from any other side, just your own stubborn position.

You think this because you have absolutely no idea who I tend to represent. This forum is by large and far FILLED to the brim with REALLY loud minorities. Almost no one on here represents the average player, and most of the people who DID have long since stopped posting, EXACTLY because of **** like what's in this thread.

You want to talk about villainization? I don't even need to, you're already it. People are tired of arguing with people like you, kaiserin, and now blademaster, because you argue so incredibly narrowmindedly for whatever sub group you fit in, the entire swath of middle of the road people who come from all different places for all sorts of reasons wants to break their head over their keyboard every time you post. I find it frustrating just READING the forums these days.

There are ENTIRE SUPERGROUPS OF PEOPLE who wouldn't THINK about taking Imbue, and using it with Strafing Run and Unleashed Rage in their build simply because of the bug. They build theme characters, and play through the content with them. They then get their non exploitative use of Imbue twisted into something that doesn't work for them, and one shot by Gravitar, because some loud **** minority is getting dev attention. You know what? Right now, it'd be a MIRACLE if the devs stopped listening.

...Also, a lot of these types of people didn't just stop posting either. Many of the few people I really did enjoy playing this game with quit either a long time ago, or very recently. This really isn't much of a surprise. I've got someone on my steam friends list who occasionally asks me "Hows the game? Did they stop ruining all the powers? Did they add new content?" Before I used to answer "sort of" now I answer "No."

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    xaogarrent wrote: »
    All I take from what your bunch is posting is "WAAAAAAH! I DON'T LIKE THIS POWER, DESTROY IT PLS, WAAAAAH!" So the feeling is pretty mutual.

Actually, I'm giggling like a schoolgirl because Imbue is my new favorite AO... Pretty sure I've mentioned that. I'll be taking it on every DPS toon I have since they're all crit based and squishy, and imbue has a totally neutral effect now and fits quite well with a "Burst of power when near death." desperation move. I've always been bothered a bit by having nothing to take but ice sheathe which can only be explained as "Cryogenic cooling systems" on so many toons.

Using a power that makes you glow like a giant holy angel as a crutch for a build that sucks damage wise isn't much of a "theme" by the way.

Oh, also, Gravitar is supposed to be pseudo-Endgame content. Just like the Mega-Ds. It's not supposed to be done by every average player. Though I'm sure you still cannot possibly comprehend that from the top of your mountain of stubbornness.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think its time for everyone to put Xaogarrent on ignore for trolling this forum, this conversation DID NOT need to get heated, lets now talk about Telepathy and Imbue changes, like this thread was designed for.
  • Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    this conversation DID NOT need to get heated, lets now talk about Telepathy and Imbue changes, like this thread was designed for.
    LOL there's like one page worth of feedback in this whole 22 page thread thread.

Honestly i expected this and i assume the devs did too. After-all, imbue was like the energy transfer of CO.

Hopefully by the time the next PTS patch thread goes up every one will have vented all the outrage from their system.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I think its time for everyone to put Xaogarrent on ignore for trolling this forum, this conversation DID NOT need to get heated, lets now talk about Telepathy and Imbue changes, like this thread was designed for.

You know, I tried putting you on ignore for "trolling." It doesn't work.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You think this because you have absolutely no idea who I tend to represent. This forum is by large and far FILLED to the brim with REALLY loud minorities. Almost no one on here represents the average player, and most of the people who DID have long since stopped posting, EXACTLY because of **** like what's in this thread.

You want to talk about villainization? I don't even need to, you're already it.

People are tired of arguing with people like you, kaiserin, and now blademaster,

That is a pretty good example of villainization right there.

because you argue so incredibly narrowmindedly for whatever sub group you fit in, the entire swath of middle of the road people who come from all different places for all sorts of reasons wants to break their head over their keyboard every time you post.

So you speak for the entirety of the, "middle of the road people," and believe that they all want to destroy either their heads or their computer equipment ? Oddly enough I am a middle of the road player who builds for theme and yet, though I frequently disagree with the people you reference, am not so inclined. Perhaps, just perhaps, you only imagined speaking to each of CO's thousands of players, polling them for their opinions on certain posters and game aspects ?

I find it frustrating just READING the forums these days.

There are ENTIRE SUPERGROUPS OF PEOPLE who wouldn't THINK about taking Imbue, and using it with Strafing Run and Unleashed Rage in their build simply because of the bug.

And now you know the thoughts of every member of entire supergroups. I'll bite, which ones ? Which members ? Where are the questionnaires denoting the content of their minds ?

They build theme characters, and play through the content with them. They then get their non exploitative use of Imbue twisted into something that doesn't work for them, and one shot by Gravitar, because some loud **** minority is getting dev attention.

You know what? Right now, it'd be a MIRACLE if the devs stopped listening.

...Also, a lot of these types of people didn't just stop posting either. Many of the few people I really did enjoy playing this game with quit either a long time ago, or very recently. This really isn't much of a surprise. I've got someone on my steam friends list who occasionally asks me "Hows the game? Did they stop ruining all the powers? Did they add new content?" Before I used to answer "sort of" now I answer "No."

Which minorities are you referring to, people who play CO ?

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Trailturtle eats boogers.

There, if we're gonna flame- let's go big or go home.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Hey I like Trailturtle :P
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ashensnow wrote: »
    Which minorities are you referring to, people who play CO ?

*munches popcorn*
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    oyo32oyo32 Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Suddenly TT is mysteriously transferred to Neverwinter.

also since were flaming now, dungeons and dragons is bad and you should feel bad too.
    AOyJ2f6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    *munches popcorn*

Pass the popcorn? I'd rather spectate at this point.
  • Options
    blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Pass the popcorn? I'd rather spectate at this point.

Nachos? Nice and hot cheese ;D

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • Options
    somethingwitty94somethingwitty94 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Alright, as much fun as the previous pages were to read, I think someone is getting a little bit more time than he deserves when it comes to being replied to.

For the telepathy stuff:

The range on the powers feels fine. However, I think the Area of Effect is a bit small. Can we have it maybe increased from 10 feet on the target to 15, -maybe- 20? It just doesn't feel like I'm hitting very many targets with the DoTs.

At first I was kind of iffy on Congress of Selves not providing at least a small portion of +ego damage for the sake of Mind Break, but after running it through a few battlestation encounters, I don't feel like it honestly needs it.

It does need SOMETHING, though, and I've been thinking for awhile. Maybe it can buff the amount of bonus whatever the various 'Master of' powers grant, with a lesser amount being granted while in Hybrid, and a larger amount while in Support?

Imbue:

Holy cow this is awesome. Maybe now I'll consider using it, rather than skimming over it on the vast majority (I think all) of my characters. It's missing the +damage and breakfree that other AOs get, though. I can understand not giving it the former, due to how it works now, but the latter would definitely be nice to have, and I don't think would be considered making the power 'too good.'
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Since we're going back on topic, my Imbue suggestions I posted previously.
    1) Change its cooldown to 90 seconds to standarize it.
    2) Have it grant 42/50/60% all damage strength to standardize it.
    3) Have it grant standard breakfree damage.
    3) Remove energy costs to standardize it.
    4) Possibly NERF the max amount of crit/severity so it doesn't make Ice Sheath and LocknLoad look like the dummies' picks, I recomend 20/20 @ 50% hp or even lower.
    The further point 4. It really is detrimental this gets in line with Ice Sheath/LnL as the two crit AOs, It needs to be nerfed in its current state, otherwise its the best overall AO. Possible bring it down to 15/15 @ 50% hp and 8/8 @ max hp
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I dunno, giving Imbue damage and breakfree would probably be a tad much. Breakfree, sure, but more damage? This power will increase both crit and severity, and severity is a damage multiplier. That would be a bit much to give it extra damage on its own.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey I like Trailturtle :P
    He doesn't like you. He told me. He said you reminded him of everything awful he'd ever encountered, rolled into one person with a silly face.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I suuuuggeest...

That we leave Imbue an on next hit, make THIS a new power since some people are so in love with it, and fix its bugs whenever possible.

BECAUSE COMMON SENSE.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I dunno, giving Imbue damage and breakfree would probably be a tad much. Breakfree, sure, but more damage? This power will increase both crit and severity, and severity is a damage multiplier. That would be a bit much to give it extra damage on its own.

Numbers on Ice Sheath.
    42/50/60 all damage strength
    17/20/24 crit severity bonus.
    This is why I said its crit/severity numbers should drop, because if its going to be an AO, it needs the standard AO stuff, otherwise you make an abnormality, which isn't good for balance as we all know.
  • Options
    blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I suuuuggeest...

That we leave Imbue an on next hit, make THIS a new power since some people are so in love with it, and fix its bugs whenever possible.

BECAUSE COMMON SENSE.

But if you combine the crit rate from this AO and old Imbue (as in clicking the AO and then Imbue) you get an ungodly crit. Things would be worse then they are now.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    blumoon8 wrote: »
    But if you combine the crit rate from this AO and old Imbue (as in clicking the AO and then Imbue) you get an ungodly crit. Things would be worse then they are now.

Well, I did think of this, but since it's clear that people are cool with trashing an existing power's functionality in favor of a new toy that they like personally, I couldn't give less a crap. Since making sense is overrated, I figured I'd just suggest something that everyone thinks they'll like, just like politics!

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Well, I did think of this, but since it's clear that people are cool with trashing an existing power's functionality in favor of a new toy that they like personally, I couldn't give less a crap. Since making sense is overrated, I figured I'd just suggest something that everyone thinks they'll like, just like politics!

I'm pretty sure if they actually knew how to fix imbue, they'd have done it, but they don't, which produced this.
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Actually the only problem with the old imbue was the fact that it was not consumed by some heals. It was meant as an on-next-hit. However to change it to an active offense means there are now 2 active offenses in the celestial power set. Unless of course we change ascension into an active defense.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I'm pretty sure if they actually knew how to fix imbue, they'd have done it, but they done, which produced this.

And you don't see the problem with this? "We can't fix it right, at this moment, so we're just going to change the type of power it is."

A GOOD developer would just leave it alone, until a time when they can get around to fixing it.

That, or find a work around. Seriously, why does it have to work off crit? What makes the power interesting, is it's an on next hit. We have what, a dozen AOs? If they made it a flat damage buff that didn't crit and was multiplicative, there would be people out there thinking "why does my crit not say crit anymore?" Because functionally, that's the equivalent of what it is.

That's HALF the problem fixed right there. Depending on how it's rigged up, it might even fix the problem with it not being consumed.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    And you don't see the problem with this? "We can't fix it right, at this moment, so we're just going to change the type of power it is."

A GOOD developer would just leave it alone, until a time when they can get around to fixing it.

That, or find a work around. Seriously, why does it have to work off crit? What makes the power interesting, is it's an on next hit. We have what, a dozen AOs? If they made it a flat damage buff that didn't crit and was multiplicative, there would be people out there thinking "why does my crit not say crit anymore?" Because functionally, that's the equivalent of what it is.

That's HALF the problem fixed right there. Depending on how it's rigged up, it might even fix the problem with it not being consumed.

You might aswell make your own thread on it then, and additionally, have it prevent crit, if its technically not critting (so we don't get 'double' crits)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    You might aswell make your own thread on it then, and additionally, have it prevent crit, if its technically not critting (so we don't get 'double' crits)

That's what I meant by "didn't crit." The power would shut your Crit Chance down completely until it was consumed.

Making a thread on it would do nothing. I did that back when they made the changes to incapacitates. The interrupting on target breakfree was universally met with disgust, it was pointed out that Ego Storm was also interrupting on target death and IIRC, someone pointed out that the MM advantage wasn't effected by targets breaking free, making it go from a good idea to being mandatory.

Despite all this being discussed in the thread, Maintained Holds are still completely FUBAR, even at this moment.

• Options
    vylmavylma Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2012

A good developper don't let players abuse of a bugged power.

And I second blademaster's statements, the crit bonus is still a bit too high.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    They did leave it alone.... for 3 years.
    I think they tried it your way and it didn't work.

2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    zoenderszoenders Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yay! More updates to come! Please don't forget to fix the old ones as well (ex. Mega Ds, Resistance, etc.). :)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    vylma wrote: »

In an average (possibly above average, I think I'm giving the community at large too much credit with my calculations) build, it nets about a 250 DPS increase. I pointed this out earlier, a defile build that hits about 5K with it, would see around a 250 DPS increase with its recharge at 20 seconds.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    vylma wrote: »

They did leave it alone.... for 3 years.
    I think they tried it your way and it didn't work.

I do like how Xao is quoting a man who didn't even follow his own rules. Castle changed so many core mechanics on powers in CoH there were several ATs that didn't even behave the same way like they use to.

Not to mention, if something doesn't work, refuses to work properly no matter what you try to do, then changing it is an option on the table. In fact, making a claim no power in any other game has ever changed in its core functionality is both a faux pas and a lie at the same time, especially if issues of balance or problems of just getting it to work properly are the concern.

As others have stated this power hasn't worked right since inception. Continuing to ignore it is not the right way to do it.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I do like how Xao is quoting a man who didn't even follow his own rules. Castle changed so many core mechanics on powers in CoH there were several ATs that didn't even behave the same way like they use to.

We don't even know if that was Castle's rule, FYI. Also, it should be noted that the instances of that rule being broken without bad consequences went up around the end of his time there, but they never stopped following it completely.

At least, we can agree, Castle wasn't a very good developer. But that's part of the reason I don't attribute the creation, or proper use of, that rule to him.

It's been said the ORIGINAL use of it may have been BABs, and to be honest, something along the lines of "How would you feel if we made the power Build Up, instead of being an awesome damage buff, Build Up a Cottage at the players location" sounds more like something BaBs would say.

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Its like a wined up toy. Folks keep replying to him and he keeps replying back. This could possibly go on for days like this.

Is there anymore popcorn left?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Its like a wined up toy. Folks keep replying to him and he keeps replying back. This could possibly go on for days like this.

*passes the popcorn*

We should all be aware the dev team came into this update EXPECTING this, so they will not listen to this thread, or even read it possibly.
  • Options
    edited September 2012

Y'know, months ago, there would be about half a dozen people here beside me.

This bunch wore everyone else out, and I'm almost there myself. You want to talk about wound up toy?

****, during around the time Serpent Lantern came out, I had a DEV on my side! Saying the EXACT same stuff I was even!

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Y'know, months ago, there would be about half a dozen people here beside me.

This bunch wore everyone else out, and I'm almost there myself. You want to talk about wound up toy?

****, during around the time Serpent Lantern came out, I had a DEV on my side! Saying the EXACT same stuff I was even!

No one was ever beside you. And you say I am delusional about things. The only thing you got them to say the exact same thing you were, and I even stated that the plane dropped for me was that nailed to the ground didn't work on a flier, since I am sure you will still use that.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    "How would you feel if we made the power Build Up, instead of being an awesome damage buff, Build Up a Cottage at the players location"
    So we would finally have the foundry?
    Sign me up!:biggrin:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    *passes the popcorn*

We should all be aware the dev team came into this update EXPECTING this, so they will not listen to this thread, or even read it possibly.

I'm not too worried. Crush is on the job. And while I might not agree with all the reworking he has been doing. He does seem to listen, and he honestly seems to want the game to be better.

So while I might not like Imbue becoming an AO. I'm just glad its getting a fix. Crush has a hard job, he gets a ton of flak for changing folks favored powers. I'm sure long drawn out ranting complaints like this thread can really wear on him.

But im willing to keep an open mind on it. There have been changes I was sure I was going to hate. But ended up liking in the end. So im ok with it, and willing to see how the power shapes up as it develops.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    No one was ever beside you. And you say I am delusional about things. The only thing you got them to say the exact same thing you were, and I even stated that the plane dropped for me was that nailed to the ground didn't work on a flier, since I am sure you will still use that.

I like how you don't even know what I'm talking about.

What I'm referring to was when it was made pretty clear that the reason the SL bosses couldn't be made much harder was because they'd absolutely cream your average player. You know, the thing I take time to remind people in nearly every bloody thread on the PTS? I believe this was actually shortly after the release, hence why I said "around the time," either when they nerfed VIPER a bit, or Freon.

I was one of a line of people who had said that before they did, meanwhile Falchion and lord knows who else, was crying it needed to be harder. I don't think they said that in retaliation to us pointing it out, either, because the way it was phrased suggested the devs were working off that good reasoning all on their own.

PS, I was one of the ones who helped get Freon nerfed. I was on the dev team that had to use the kill command to beat him.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    You keep saying you speak for the average gamer. I consider myself one. I'm hardly a min/maxer or power gamer.

I have a healer combining Munitions with Celestial. I dare you to find synergy there. I have a TK bladder running Quarry as a passive. Why? Well because I felt the stat boost and Avoidance made up for the fact that i'm only getting half the damage bonus, and it fit the concept. I have a few characters running dual passives, simply because that is more fun for me.

So, now that i've firmly established my average gamer credibility. Id like to politely ask you, Xao, to stop. You honestly do a poor job of it, and I'm perfectly able to express myself without your help.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Snip

All I need to say, the game DOES need to get tougher, but thats what Elite is/was for.
    Middle Ground? Make Elite harder and let it give better rewards/higher chance at good rewards.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    So, now that i've firmly established my average gamer credibility. Id like to politely ask you, Xao, to stop. You honestly do a poor job of it, and I'm perfectly able to express myself without your help.

You said you don't like it changing into an AO, but you're willing to accept it. But guess what? Not everyone is. There's a lot of other people who are using it in non-exploitative ways, and amusingly some of the people I've mentioned this to weren't in any way as nice about it as you. Or even me. Most of them, making a really sarcastic comment on Cryptic's ability to develop a game.

I'm not going to stop, because too many people stay silent and nod their heads about this kind of stuff, while other people are busy canceling accounts.

EDIT: I should also note that I'm playing another game that's actually flat out, undeniably dieing because forum riff raff demanded things that really hurt the average gamer. Mind you that's not the ONLY factor, but one of the larger ones. I stayed quiet there, about a lot of stuff, I really shouldn't have.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    All I need to say, the game DOES need to get tougher, but thats what Elite is/was for.
    Middle Ground? Make Elite harder and let it give better rewards/higher chance at good rewards.

A: We suggested this in one form or another.

B: Elite doesn't apply to everything, and they don't want to do the easy way of making it do so

C: You're assuming the devs CAN make challenging content. Gravitar, suggests otherwise. I'm really not even sure it's their fault, and not one of the engine itself, mind you.

D: Endless gear cycle is BAD. BAD BAD BAD. A higher chance isn't the worst suggestion, it's sorta acceptable, but when it was suggested people continued to rally for better gear and it got drowned the hell out.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    You said you don't like it changing into an AO, but you're willing to accept it. But guess what? Not everyone is. There's a lot of other people who are using it in non-exploitative ways, and amusingly some of the people I've mentioned this to weren't in any way as nice about it as you. Or even me. Most of them, making a really sarcastic comment on Cryptic's ability to develop a game.

I'm not going to stop, because too many people stay silent and nod their heads about this kind of stuff, while other people are busy canceling accounts.

EDIT: I should also note that I'm playing another game that's actually flat out, undeniably dieing because forum riff raff demanded things that really hurt the average gamer. Mind you that's not the ONLY factor, but one of the larger ones. I stayed quiet there, about a lot of stuff, I really shouldn't have.

The way you're addressing your arguements just makes people turn their heads, including the dev team, find a new strategy, this is just getting pointless.
  • Options
    sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So, yeah. Repeating this because it got buried.

Ascension. Turn it into an Active Defense. No one actually uses it as an Active Offense damage buff. It's a "make melee completely redundant" card that's nigh-useless in PvE and ridiculously broken in PvP. There are better hold-breaks available for healerey types.

Make it share a cooldown with other Active Defenses (instead of Active Offenses). Remove the damage boost component, add that in as an increased heal buff on other players. (So it makes your heals on you as strong as it does now, makes your heals on others even stronger).

Or just kill off the travel component entirely.

Either way, really.

And for people saying that Imbue in its old form didn't do much for Celestial...Conviction and Judgment disagree with you. Though it really should've been consumed after the first heal or attack, not just the first attack.

Disclaimer: The Imbue changes break two of my characters horribly (both have a ton of Con and no crit stuff whatsoever, and were designed around using it to enable a controlled single burst, not a series of crits). But hey, that's what GW2 is for.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    So, yeah. Repeating this because it got buried.

Ascension. Turn it into an Active Defense. No one actually uses it as an Active Offense damage buff. It's a "make melee completely redundant" card that's nigh-useless in PvE and ridiculously broken in PvP. There are better hold-breaks available for healerey types.

Make it share a cooldown with other Active Defenses (instead of Active Offenses). Remove the damage boost component, add that in as an increased heal buff on other players. (So it makes your heals on you as strong as it does now, makes your heals on others even stronger).

Or just kill off the travel component entirely.

Either way, really.

And for people saying that Imbue in its old form didn't do much for Celestial...Conviction and Judgment disagree with you. Though it really should've been consumed after the first heal or attack, not just the first attack.

Disclaimer: The Imbue changes break two of my characters horribly (both have a ton of Con and no crit stuff whatsoever, and were designed around using it to enable a controlled single burst, not a series of crits). But hey, that's what GW2 is for.

I agree to this.

On another note, hi Sage, whats going on these days?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    The way you're addressing your arguements just makes people turn their heads, including the dev team, find a new strategy, this is just getting pointless.

Y'know, I didn't used to be this mean.

You guys also didn't used to be this nice.

Get off your high horse.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    I like how you don't even know what I'm talking about.

What I'm referring to was when it was made pretty clear that the reason the SL bosses couldn't be made much harder was because they'd absolutely cream your average player. You know, the thing I take time to remind people in nearly every bloody thread on the PTS? I believe this was actually shortly after the release, hence why I said "around the time," either when they nerfed VIPER a bit, or Freon.

I was one of a line of people who had said that before they did, meanwhile Falchion and lord knows who else, was crying it needed to be harder. I don't think they said that in retaliation to us pointing it out, either, because the way it was phrased suggested the devs were working off that good reasoning all on their own.

PS, I was one of the ones who helped get Freon nerfed. I was on the dev team that had to use the kill command to beat him.

Funny how you say that. The only thing I ever said needed adjusting was the ridiculous amount of knock in Serpents Lantern, since getting knocked once on a team larger than three was a veritable death sentence, since once that happened you would more than likely get knocked multiple times. And I do think the game needs to be more challenging.

What you are saying is the devs should continue hammering at the square peg in a round hole till it magically fixes itself. This is not the first time they've attempted to fix Imbue, they've tried to fix it on multiple occasions. I don't know of any time in any field that the solution is to keep hammering at something until it works. You either re-purpose it some other way or you chuck it completely.

And don't even try to pretend you are some mystically imbued person that is above the rest of the pack on any of these issues. You aren't one of the few that got on dev teams and joined them on content. Many people have, past and present.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    What you are saying is the devs should continue hammering at the square peg in a round hole till it magically fixes itself.

You do realize what this analogy describes, is EXACTLY what they're doing here, right?

Hammering a square peg into a round hole is when you do something forceful, or not quite right, to solve a problem. Which is exactly what changing a power into something in a completely different category is.

• Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Have the Graphics been updated for the telepathy powers yet?--since they first came out?
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    nisdiddums wrote: »

Celestial:

Imbue has now been reworked into an active offense. This power now grants up to 30% bonus critical chance and severity. This bonus is based upon your health at the time of activation.

Not few of us will need not just build fix but take all Gear replacement by this change. >.<

I can understand some fix was needed but...

My Questionite, my Silver Recog, my Globals, my time just wasted and I'm bit sad. >.<
This discussion has been closed.