What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 9/14/2012 -- Prizes Galore

Comments

• pricanwarriorpricanwarrior Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Your sarcasm is great.

I'm being real. you all people get mad about how every freaking patch brings doom to the game when you don't even help them test it out in the test server! if you wont help than don't cry about it
  • burritopimpburritopimp Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wow this is awesome lol.....We gonna get a fix anytime soon?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can I get a ruling on what exactly has happened here? Has the game been broken or what?
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yes PTS does test bugs! but there no one around to help them test them! don't blame the workers they doing their best without people trying their stuff that the test

That's funny, I could have sworn one of the prizes awaiting some of us to login was an AF for helping them test on PTS... :rolleyes:

Doesn't excuse the standard practice of logging into the Live server after maintenance but before opening it to the public to do quick testing ensuring people can do things... like login.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
    edited September 2012
    Can I get a ruling on what exactly has happened here? Has the game been broken or what?

Millenium city is messed up so no one there can log in. That's whats been happening to me at least
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm being real. you all people get mad about how every freaking patch brings doom to the game when you don't even help them test it out in the test server! if you wont help than don't cry about it

Nonsense! That is what you speak. NONSENSE FROM BEYOND!*

Were always on PTS telling Cryptic this is wrong and thats not working , please tell me how do we test stuff when half the time they dont even put said stuff on PTS in the first place. Really I would like your obviously greatly informed input on the matter.

Enlighten us.

*Ya I do play Fallout to much :/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012

No, i was being real. Have you actually been in PTS? Ever helped to test stuff? I have.
    So don't act like you actually know what happens in PTS.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    who knows
    the cake is probably another Qularr beacon

• bobj021960bobj021960 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If they don't already have it they need a 3rd server called UTS ( Update Test Server) that is a mirror of live but the patches are first applied to PUTS first, tested for 24-48 hours and then released to live.

The reason could be that the PTS server is not catching these issues are that with all the different things in development are masking other issues.

My 2 zen worth.
    edited September 2012
    No, i was being real. Have you actually been in PTS? Ever helped to test stuff? I have.
    So don't act like you actually know what happens in PTS.

Yes I've been many times and yes I've test stuff and let Dev's whats not working and whats not right!. I've being many times when GC have been on as well.
  • slowecsl4pweslowecsl4pwe Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can't transfer to MC from the desert map. When I try to select the server, it gives one server and 0 people on it.

The loading bar inched along for a couple of minutes then errors out with Unable to Transfer Character.

I saw someone else mention something about MC. What's up?

If you did the Nighthawk PTS test during the time they indicated, you should find the Golden Nighthawk action figure in the Z-Store Figs tab for free. Just claim it.

Apathy is on the rise, but nobody seems to care.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    edited September 2012
    Anyone have any idea when we are getting a fix for this?
    edited September 2012
    Server has just been shut down for fixes

Thank god lol
    edited September 2012
    Yes I've been many times and yes I've test stuff and let Dev's whats not working and whats not right!. I've being many times when GC have been on as well.

Ok. My bad then. But then you actually should know what happens in PTS. Like really.
    So your 1st post still sounds like sarcasm.
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited September 2012

well in relation to my income im spending alot money to this game for ZEN, even as silver user i pay money.. for ZEN....and besides that i cant pay an additional gold status.. it wont even let me .. because i have no paypal or visa...so.. i cant go on test server...

means i do my best supporting the game with money...
    edited September 2012
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    well in relation to my income im spending alot money to this game for ZEN, even as silver user i pay money.. for ZEN....and besides that i cant pay an additional gold status.. it wont even let me .. because i have no paypal or visa...so.. i cant go on test server...

means i do my best supporting the game with money...

what they should do is let everyone go to the test, even silver players that would help allot to be honest i know they server would be more full if they do that
  • slowecsl4pweslowecsl4pwe Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's the cake right? Must be the cake. Did it spoil and they had to fly in a new one?

Apathy is on the rise, but nobody seems to care.
    edited September 2012

Seriously then you will know half the anniversary stuff isnt on PTS. You will also know that we only get to test a fraction of the stuff.

Now knowing that you do use PTS another question arises what was with that first post of yours? Seriously..you know we all test you see people on PTS. You see how Cryptic hides things from us so we CANT test em ( like the grab bag drop rates ). You cant test something u aint allowed to see.

What was the point?
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2012

You know btw. that we get totally different builds on live than on PTS and so a lot bugs
    from PTS never go to live and also bugs that appear on Live never appeared on PTS ?

And further a lot of problems that were reportet in the PTS forums are simply ignored.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2012
    Because of instability issues, we have locked the shards until we can get a fix in. Unfortunately, I do not have an end time for this maintenance -- this issue will need to be QA'd (although we think we've figured out the culprit), so there will need to be time for identifying the problem, fixing it, and implementing this fix.

Thank you all for your patience -- I promise that the dev team is working as fast as they can to get the shard back up, and as soon as I have any additional information, I'll make sure everyone knows.

(Was driving to work when the shards were being locked, sorry about the delay)
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So, for my 49th birthday, you all decided to arrange things so no one could log into the game before me?

I'm flattered, really I am, but you could have made do with a few Zen as a gift...

:biggrin:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Because of instability issues, we have locked the shards...
    Any chance of getting the Anniversary event extended? :biggrin:
    jonsills wrote: »
    So, for my 49th birthday, you all decided to arrange things so no one could log into the game before me?

I'm flattered, really I am, but you could have made do with a few Zen as a gift...

I LOL'd. Happy B-Day Jonsills!
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
    edited September 2012

Happy 23rd birthday! :biggrin:

Any chance of getting the Anniversary event extended? :biggrin:

Unfortunately, this isn't too terribly likely... if I'm remembering correctly, this is scheduled to automatically end, and changing that would probably require changing the parameters of the event and testing that change. I think.

That being said... never bet that the anniversary is over. Even if the cake is gone, we're still going to be having an extravaganza. It just might, y'know, have a dramatic upswing in villainous activity.
    edited September 2012

That being said... never bet that the anniversary is over. Even if the cake is gone, we're still going to be having an extravaganza. It just might, y'know, have a dramatic upswing in villainous activity.

>_>
    *curious about statement*
    <_<
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    down for emergency maintenance... Have you broken the game after a patch not really tested, again ? :biggrin:
  • bobj021960bobj021960 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think I know what happened!!

Someone left the cake out in the rain and all the sweet cream icing was flowing down. :biggrin:
  • williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Character Creation:
    Fixed a bug that would prevent some players from being able to create a new character despite having available character slots

HA!!! I'd just been dealing with some doomsayer in Zone chat the other day about this! "Oh, they'll never fix it, it's been broken for forever, the developers suck, boo-hoo boo-hoo". Eat your heart out, pessimists! Thanks for the fix!
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • robodozerrobodozer Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Release notes for Champions Online, September 14 2012.
    Veteran Rewards:
    Fixed some veteran rewards to no longer be tradable.

Just out of curiosity, which rewards were tradable?
    edited September 2012
    The Epic Nephilim Set, Wizard Robes and 'Something else'.
  • elsawhitworthelsawhitworth Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Epic Nephilim Set, Wizard Robes and 'Something else'.

Hammer Bracers would be the something else
    edited September 2012
    bobj021960 wrote: »
    I think I know what happened!!

Someone left the cake out in the rain and all the sweet cream icing was flowing down. :biggrin:
    Someone left the cake
    Out in the rain
    Oh, no!
    I was gonna eat that cake!
    But now it's all wet and I don't think I want any!

- Brak, "I Love You Baby", Space Ghost's Musical Bar-B-Q
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    robodozer wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, which rewards were tradable?

some of the vet costume unlocks. and since they were already unlocked on your account they were useless.... except of course to sell.....

if i remember right this happened once before to.
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Someone left the cake
    Out in the rain
    Oh, no!
    I was gonna eat that cake!
    But now it's all wet and I don't think I want any!

- Brak, "I Love You Baby", Space Ghost's Musical Bar-B-Q

btw jon! happy fricken birthday!
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • remo85remo85 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    HA!!! I'd just been dealing with some doomsayer in Zone chat the other day about this! "Oh, they'll never fix it, it's been broken for forever, the developers suck, boo-hoo boo-hoo". Eat your heart out, pessimists! Thanks for the fix!

As much as I want to agree, let's wait until we can actually get in game before we start force feeding people some crow eh?
    edited September 2012
    Any idea when this will be done?
    edited September 2012
    remo85 wrote: »
    As much as I want to agree, let's wait until we can actually get in game before we start force feeding people some crow eh?

They're uploading and testing the temporary build as we speak. Since this is a special situation, I can't give a good estimate on when the shard will be unlocked, but my guess would be soon. Not imminent, don't drop your Cheerios to get to your computer, but soon.
    edited September 2012
    Could we get an estimated time for it being done?
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,618 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The anniversary event ought to be taken down as planned to make room for the invasion, since we don't want civilians dancing in the streets as buildings topple. That would just be silly.
    edited September 2012
    Could we get an estimated time for it being done?

^__^ relax play whale music that works for me makes me work up a appetite.
    edited September 2012
    Servers are live!
  • enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The anniversary event ought to be taken down as planned to make room for the invasion, since we don't want civilians dancing in the streets as buildings topple. That would just be silly.

I would actualy find that pretty hilarious myself. :biggrin:
    I imagiine them singing "It's the End of the World As We Know It" as Mega D Nukes Ren Center
  • menotrpamenotrpa Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aaaand relaaax

edited September 2012
    [Cross-posting]

UPDATE: Good news! The next build later on today won't require any shard downtime. Barring anything unexpected, servers should stay up from now on.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It isn't sad that this happened. What's sad is that I wasn't the least bit shocked, and this was in accordance with my expectations.
  • zedulonzedulon Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    *Leveling Contest titles box: Check the, should be "Title" tab. I didn't win this, so I don't get to see it. :( If people are having difficulty finding their prizes, I'll update this with more discussion. Can be claimed once per character.

I am having difficulty finding my prize. What window should I be looking for the "Title" tab? On my character window, the title is not in the list on the toon I completed the contest. I cannot find a "Title" tab on any claim window.

I realize there are far more important issues than this right at the moment, so whenever you can get around to updating the "more discussion," it would be appreciated. Thanks.
    edited September 2012
    [Cross-posting]

UPDATE: Good news! The next build later on today won't require any shard downtime. Barring anything unexpected, servers should stay up from now on.
    Careful, man - you can get in trouble with the mods for cross-posting...

• itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can't wait for tonight.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Release notes for Champions Online, September 14 2012.

Character Creation:
    Fixed a bug that would prevent some players from being able to create a new character despite having available character slots

The problem persists. It was not fixed. This is turning into some sort of sick joke.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Mods, neat.

Title, neat.

Nighthawk, neat.

Yay, prizes. Also, yay, some fixes.

Just gotta keep workin' on them.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!