test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 9/14/2012 -- Prizes Galore

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2012 in Release Notes
Release notes for Champions Online, September 14 2012.

PRIZES:

*Overview: These will be available in the C-Store once you've logged in. (You'll need to log in, though.) Check the tab mentioned, and if you were a winner, you should see an item in there for 0 ZEN. Claim it, then use it.

*PTS incentive, Nighthawk Action Figure. Check the "Figs" section for this exclusive action figure. Can be claimed once per account.

*Leveling Contest MODs and more box: Check the "Promo" tab (pretty sure on that one). Use the box that you get. Can be claimed once per account.
*Leveling Contest titles box: Check the, should be "Title" tab. I didn't win this, so I don't get to see it. :( If people are having difficulty finding their prizes, I'll update this with more discussion. Can be claimed once per character.

*Fan Content Contest: Check the "Title" tab.

MARKETPLACE:
*Ending date announced for discount on three-month subscriptions: October 1, noon PDT.

EVENTS:
*The anniversary cake and concert will end around midnight, Saturday night/Sunday morning.
*Dark days return to Millennium City this weekend. Log in late in the weekend for a new quest from the Drifter, and new challenges.

Nemesis:
Nemesis: Heirlooms: Added a Neutral Catalyst Heirloom for those heroes who dont need the extra ocular exuberance.

Veteran Rewards:
Fixed some veteran rewards to no longer be tradable.

Character Creation:
Fixed a bug that would prevent some players from being able to create a new character despite having available character slots

Stability/Performance
Additional optimization to world object collision throughout game maps to improve performance and reduce load times.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Making the contest title a box (can be claimed once per character). So the title is definitely account-wide then. =)

Looks like there is plenty of other things to gather too. (Nighthawk and heirloom gear)

Also thanks for finally killing those vet unlocks, but the damage has already been done.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,067 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dr. D has a reason to be angry...he didnt get any cake :frown::biggrin:
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    *Leveling Contest MODs and more box: Check the "Promo" tab (pretty sure on that one). Use the box that you get. Can be claimed once per account.
    I had two characters complete the contest, do I get to claim this reward twice?

*Leveling Contest titles box: Check the, should be "Title" tab. I didn't win this, so I don't get to see it. :( If people are having difficulty finding their prizes, I'll update this with more discussion. Can be claimed once per character.
    Oh, so if I'm understanding this correctly, it's an account-wide unlock? Sweet! Will it be there for future characters, too?
    *Costume Contest: Check the "Title" tab.
    There was a costume contest? Or do you mean the Fan Art Contest?
    *Dark days return to Millennium City this weekend. Log in late in the weekend for a new quest from the Drifter, and new challenges.
    Ooooh, neat! Can't wait! :smile:

Nemesis:
    Nemesis: Heirlooms: Added a Neutral Catalyst Heirloom for those heroes who dont need the extra ocular exuberance.
    This is an unexpected/cool add. Thanks guys. :)
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Stability improvements? Wonder if this has to do with the Intel HD Graphics thing I've been whining about.
  • Options
    ventaniventani Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    keikomyst wrote: »
    Stability improvements? Wonder if this has to do with the Intel HD Graphics thing I've been whining about.

Doesn't matter really, it was a bug affecting someone somewhere. It is just nice to see them making some headway!

Formerly Aeolwind
    Nothing witty, just angst.
    Primus Database of Characters
    40 Count = 6
  • Options
    pricanwarriorpricanwarrior Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can't go in the game, it keep loading and then it says couldn't transfer character
  • Options
    docsc00terdocsc00ter Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can't go in the game, it keep loading and then it says couldn't transfer character

Experiencing the same problem. With ALL my characters, it seems.

:confused:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Same thing. I can get past the character selection just fine, but once in the Loanding window the load is really really slow and then i get the 'couldn't transfer character' and cuts back to the Login.

Hello Friday Patch!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Ditto this.

ABANDON PATCH! ABANDON PATCH! EVERYONE OUT OF THE BOAT!

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • Options
    hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    docsc00ter wrote: »
    Experiencing the same problem. With ALL my characters, it seems.

:confused:

Im also having this issue. I was able to log on with my main but when i tried to go to millennium city from the UNITL building I started getting this problem. All i want to do is get my neutral catalyst :frown:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    UPDate!
    I can get inside to UNITY Building just fine with my main.
  • Options
    nc26nc26 Posts: 4
    edited September 2012
    didnt fix the ff slots bug where you get no available character slot when trying to create one...
  • Options
    mawaynemawayne Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Same thing. I can get past the character selection just fine, but once in the Loanding window the load is really really slow and then i get the 'couldn't transfer character' and cuts back to the Login.

Hello Friday Patch!

Same problem here.

Question: With no heroes in MC, who's guarding the cake?!?!
    edited September 2012
    nc26 wrote: »
    didnt fix the ff slots bug where you get no available character slot when trying to create one...

the creating character bug is not the main issue right now
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    UPDate!
    I can get inside to UNITY Building just fine with my main.

Based on this I tried out a bunch of characters I have in a bunch of locations.

I could log in on any I tried but the ones in MC. It looks like it's just MC that's fraked up.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yea, reporting that trying to go to MC is a black hole now get booted back to log in screen with a couldn't transfer character message.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Same here. Is this the end of anniversary event, lockout from game?

EDIT: I had a character in Canada, and was able to log in to him alright. Most of my other toons are in MC, so I guess that's having difficulties at the moment.

On a side note, I applaud the correct spelling of "levelling" in the prize packs.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    i just went to a toon that i have in the desert and it loads fine then it says disconnected from server...now i'm trying to go back and it wont load this time
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Hey, I have a theory: I think the instances are crashing due to some sort of load issue. As more people piled into Monster Island, I got booted out and it was harder to log back in on that character. The second time this happened, I couldn't log in at all, getting the same error I did in MC.

Anyone wanna try logging in characters who are in other zones and seeing if we can't crash out the instance? If it works, we know at least part of what's causing it at least.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    UPDATE: Oddly enough, I can create a NEW character... Just can't load any of my EXISTING characters.

ACK!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    docsc00ter wrote: »
    UPDATE: Oddly enough, I can create a NEW character... Just can't load any of my EXISTING characters.

ACK!

It's MC. Either the MC server has crashed or it's in a black hole state. If your characters were logged in MC you won't be able to log them in it appears or transfer to MC.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Couldn't transfer character.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Hello Friday Patch!

Ok good, it's not just me then. Misery loves company. :wink:

And they wonder why we get antsy when they announce a "Friday Patch".... :eek:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    It's MC. Either the MC server has crashed or it's in a black hole state. If your characters were logged in MC you won't be able to log them in it appears or transfer to MC.

Nope I was last on Monster Island this morning before maintenance.

• Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Couldn't transfer character!

Back to the drawing board, pals.
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I was in Vibora, I logged in fine. Went to MC, and then black hole.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Desert is fine.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, whatever this is, it's definitely affecting more than just MC, even if MC is getting hit the worst. I'm getting booted out when on Monster Island and then having trouble logging back in, if not receiving "Timed Out Connecting to Gameserver" and getting booted back to login.

• Options
    stavarousstavarous Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yeah I can log in toon that are NOT in MC but after a minute or so get Server disconnects.
  • Options
    hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Are these patches ever tested before going live? What is the PTS for if not for testing for bugs and glitches? (and testing builds ofcourse)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Desert is fine.

I have a cowboy toon logged in Burnside. Sadly he gets the same Couldn't transfer character error. :frown:

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Yea, Desert went to ****s also...
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Well, I was at least able to create a new character, bypass the tutorial, jump into the PowerHouse, and confirm that I received the rewards for the leveling contest... before being booted because of "Server Not Responding." Ha ha ha!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Stability/Performance
    We dumped hot chocolate into the servers. We hope that this will keep them happy and warm in the coming winter months, and not completely crash all the instances or anything lame like that.

Kekekekekeke...

• Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Destroyer won! Millennium City has been wiped off the map!
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You know, I think Cryptic may have reached a plateau never before achieved by an MMO.
    They have left "occasional bugs" far in the dust. "bad customer service" is long in the rear view mirror. "Breaking two things for every on they fix" is a distant memory. I now log in primarily to see what new and interesting ways they have found to screw up now. I literally burst out laughing at this current error. Seriously, no joke, the idea that they could put up a patch of any kind without completely crashing and burning the game is actually HIGH COMEDY. I have actually come to LIKE the bug show. It reminds me of those old Three Stooges reruns me and my dad used to watch when I was growing up! I can only assume that as we speak, somewhere in the bowels of Cryptic World someone has Trailturtles' nose clamped in a set of pliers......

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Later this day.

'Thank you all! But we are closing the Champions Online server. Not enought asian players liked it so it's bye bye.
    Thank you all.
    Have a cookie.

-Some Random Guy from PW-'
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Welp... Star Trek works. Now if I can only remember how to set the phasers to the "Nuke CO Patch" setting.... :eek:

• Options
    bigmoneyweezybigmoneyweezy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Same problem. Get disconnected in the loading screen. Couldn't transfer Character.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Thanks everyone who's provided clear repro steps... We're working on this right now, a plan of action is being formulated.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It aint a bug Dr D heard Saphire's cat screams and decided to fire up "old blasty"* again.

* "Old Blasty" being the pet name for his orbital cannon..Dr D is such a softy at heart.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ...there was a costume contest? D:
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    theapygoos wrote: »
    ...there was a costume contest? D:

Was the fan art/screenshot contest -- it got labeled internally as a cc.
  • Options
    adocalypseadocalypse Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't know about every1esle but i'd like to see all alerts availiable as Ques.I'm getting tired of waiting on pug lowbie friendly smashes like Dockside Dustup Black Fang,Guy Sweetland,Blood Hound, & soul siphons.Also raise it so every1 is lvl 40 instead of 30 the power nerf for lvl 40s is ridiculously harsh.:cool:
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited September 2012
    same here , cryptic finally destroyed the game completely.. lol..

seriously what are they doing??? >.<
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Seems some men just want to watch world burn.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    hemslord wrote: »
    Are these patches ever tested before going live? What is the PTS for if not for testing for bugs and glitches? (and testing builds ofcourse)

yes PTS does test bugs! but there no one around to help them test them! don't blame the workers they doing their best without people trying their stuff on the test server
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Seems some men just want to watch world burn.

Always thought Robobo's toon looked like the secret love child of Lion'O and Mr J.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    I have actually come to LIKE the bug show. It reminds me of those old Three Stooges reruns me and my dad used to watch when I was growing up! I can only assume that as we speak, somewhere in the bowels of Cryptic World someone has Trailturtles' nose clamped in a set of pliers......

Thank you for that image.

Seriously Cryptic, the occasional bug is fine but breaking the majority of the game every other week is just too much.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    yes PTS does test bugs! but there no one around to help them test them! don't blame the workers they doing their best without people trying their stuff that the test

Your sarcasm is great.