What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.30.20120813a.1 PTS Update

nisdiddumsnisdiddums Posts: 91 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PTS - The Archive
PTS update FC.30.20120813a.1
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 8:00pm PST

Greetings!

We've made some tweaks to the vehicles' powers, as well as updated their art so that they each have their own look.
Your feedback has been great so far, so keep it coming!

Thanks!

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Powers:
-Muntions: Bullet Beatdown's third strike no longer incorrectly roots you at Rank 2.

Vehicles:
-Vehicles have been rebalanced slightly. They should prove much more effective in combat now.
-Vehicle art has been updated
Post edited by nisdiddums on

Comments

• sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Since the last thread was archived in the middle of my typing this...
    beldin wrote: »
    That still looks all more like maybe 2000 average DPS for me but not 3000.

I don't measure things in "Looks like"s.

I use the parser,

this.

And if "looks like" is more accurate than a mathematical analysis of data streaming directly from the game's combat log, then I'd love to come live in wonderland with ya...

I always run my tests on new powers and whatnot on pts through the parser, i don't just make up numbers...

Snark never dies.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I use the parser,

this.

And if "looks like" is more accurate than a mathematical analysis of data streaming directly from the game's combat log, then I'd love to come live in wonderland with ya...

I always run my tests on new powers and whatnot on pts through the parser, i don't just make up numbers...

I just do maffs when it comes to that stuff >_>
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I'm diagnosed as having a math learning disability, so I leave my own assumptions out of any math related quandaries and stick to applying what i do remember into things that are better at translating it than my brain.

This is especially so when it comes to interpreting Cryptic Math(tm).

Snark never dies.
  • akirasanbeerakirasanbeer Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hopefully they can bank and shift weight properly soon.
  • purg777purg777 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bug
    Vehicle models center is off, when on the ground the vehicle is buried halfway in the ground.
    And..
    When using Heavy Fighters shield, the vehicle is not centered in the shield.
  • felideoxfelideox Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I wish that the aircrafts, do it curves inclined, giving more realism to a jet :cool:
    edited August 2012
    Two things on my list to ask for;

Penetrating Strikes advantage on Supernatural Bestial, Shred changed to Shredded debuff now, please *puppy eyes*

And could Massacre get a bleed refresher attached to it.

Would be nice :biggrin:
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wow. Nice art improvements for the vehicles. Really liking the different styles. I'll be very curious to see what else we'll be getting when vehicles roll out fully.
  • manwholaughsmanwholaughs Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Now that's more like it, the jet variations are looking great, only negative thing i have to say about their appearance is that they are a bit too small, otherwise I am very interested in future updates to the vehicle system.

Edit: I think jet type vehicles should pan side to side when turning, would be great to see that included in a future update.
  • dataweaver42dataweaver42 Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Now that's more like it, the jet variations are looking great, only negative thing i have to say about their appearance is that they are a bit too small, otherwise I am very interested in future updates to the vehicle system.

Edit: I think jet type vehicles should pan side to side when turning, would be great to see that included in a future update.
    You know how when you climb into a Mega-D in Resistance, the scale adjusts? Do something like that when switching to vehicle mode: make everything else half as large. And +1 to having the aircraft lean to the side when they turn or move sideways.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    From the testing I've done, I feel like the aircraft should have a throttle/autorun mechanism to them - by default they keep moving forward unless you throttle back (at which point they should change from having the rear thruster to some downward firing ones).

I'll also /sign for having jets bank when turning. The turning radius should also be related to your forward speed - the faster you go, the wider of a turn you should take.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited August 2012
    yaw, pitch, and roll would make it look better for sure...and of course the barrel roll, you cant leave that out.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Okay, just fiddled around with the vehicles again. I have to say, the individual models are fantastic. And the new icon art is also top notch. My compliments to the art team!
    That being said, there are a few hiccups.
    The minigun powers now seem to emanate from the undercarriage pod. I think this is a slight error. They looked fine coming from the wing mounted gun pods. Now, the wing guns are effectively useless. No weapons emanate from them. I'd suggest having the miniguns go back to emanating from these hardpoints, and leave the undercarriage for stuff like the medi-beams and the particle burst.
    The jets all seem to be.... lowered on whatever plane the characters themselves interact with, I guess. They clip into the ground if you are too close to it and/or just activate the vehicle when standing, and it also causes the Heavy Attack Jet's defense shield to look off-center.
    I still think the minigun powers need to be able to work simultaneously with the micromunitions powers. As it stands, both of them seem to be knockoffs of their Power Armor predecessors (the flavor text for the micromunitions even labels them as a Chest Power!). Please, heavily consider this.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    purg777 wrote: »
    yaw, pitch, and roll would make it look better for sure...and of course the barrel roll, you cant leave that out.

Based on STO ship tech, we should be able to have our ships tilt to the side when they turn. Barrel rolls, sadly, are out of the question. As is having the ships tilt straight up or down (best you can do there is about a 50-60 degree tilt).
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    edited August 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    Based on STO ship tech, we should be able to have our ships tilt to the side when they turn. Barrel rolls, sadly, are out of the question. As is having the ships tilt straight up or down (best you can do there is about a 50-60 degree tilt).

They already have the center axis, barrel rolls arent that hard to program at all, its a simple rotation, look at any rail shooter.
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    The jets all seem to be.... lowered on whatever plane the characters themselves interact with, I guess. They clip into the ground if you are too close to it and/or just activate the vehicle when standing, and it also causes the Heavy Attack Jet's defense shield to look off-center.

Yeah I noticed this as well, now you can bury your jet into the ground =p.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am still sad to see that the boomerang EB and the other boomerang powers all share the exact same animation... I'm holding out hope that they get a little tweaking to look a little different from one another.

I second the notion that the minigun power for the jets should come from the wing hardpoints.

The jets definitely sit lower than a normal character - by a good margin, (and clip into the ground and all that).

I found it odd that the strafing run power deals fire damage - it looks like it's a volley of machinegun fire, so shouldn't it be piercing?

I really like the colored versions of the jets, though I have to say that the fast attack jet looks the best. I think that the colorations should be a bit more fitting to their roles - traditional green camo for the tank, white and red for the medic, and the silver can stay for the DPS one.

I like how bolas got cleaned up to look like the 2 spheres on either end of the cord. I think it needs an advantage where it explodes a second or 2 after it wraps the target, and the grapple gun needs one that electrifies it. I also think the claw on the grapple gun should be reduced in size.

I love the new gas pellet sound - really sounds like a bunch of little, well, gas pellets are clinking against the ground.

I also still think that shadow strike should use the burning chi fist animation instead of the 2-handed sword strike move they use now.

Overall, things are shaping up very nicely! Great work guys!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I use the parser,

this.

Sorry .. something was blocking my brain yesterday and i always thought about a tick
    each second and not 2 per second .. :redface:

Btw.: where is the parser from ?
    [edit]
    Ok .. found it .. hey with that even my defense build does 2160 DPS with PBR :eek:
    [/edit]
    Maths don't really work here exactly. Especially with buffs, debuffs and powers that are
    changing there damage per tick and even change things like their crit severity.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Icon appearing while using Reload on jets is a bit too big, earlier one was fine.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • thesprawlerthesprawler Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As a thought for simulating the weight of the ship, why not see if you can apply the "jiggle" physics that you used for the floating brain and retro sci-fi antennae? That should make it shift around when you turn and move quite nicely instead of being strangely smooth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Just noticed: the bolas power and the gas pellets power have been seriously cleaned up. Good job on that! Now, if only the bolas and the grapple gun pull had neat advantages to go with them....
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Im very happy to see the devs acknowledge that PVP needed questionite, but i was hoping for Q to flow at a rate similar to how it does in PVE.

Can we please have daily missions for PVP participation with questionite rewards?

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Im very happy to see the devs acknowledge that PVP needed questionite, but i was hoping for Q to flow at a rate similar to how it does in PVE.

Can we please have daily missions for PVP participation with questionite rewards?

I sign this idea, the queue rate and the latest PvP rewards implementations are jokes. This is more of an insult than a gift. Its like throwing a dog a dried, bare bone, who does that?
    edited August 2012
    Bug: Boomerang Toss, the energy builder appears to be a direct skin of force bolts, as such its descriptions are incorrect, please update description.
    edited August 2012
    Bug: Dark Speed, and most likely other devices, do not fall off when toggling the Jets, this causes darkspeed to stack with the jet's flight speed, causing insane speeds.
    edited August 2012
    On the subject of vehicle movement: I could go along with the idea that vehicles are faster than champions (though the idea that Superman or Iron Man can't keep up with a fighter jet feels wrong); but they really ought to be less maneuverable, too: as a rule of thumb, limit their movement to forward, turning, and possibly some limited backward movement. Some vehicle types (most notably winged aircraft, such as the Hawkwing) might even have mandatory forward motion: jets have runways for a reason.

Granted, the above restrictions will be annoying. But: 1. it will feel more believable, and 2. it will provide an incentive for folks to not be in their vehicles at all times.

Helicopter-type aircraft would be the primary exception for this sort of thing: they should have all of the maneuverability of a regular travel power; but they should also have a top speed comparable to regular travel powers.

On another front, I really hope you are going to provide a Body Shop that lets us customize our vehicles, both in appearance and in powers. And if you can implement that, I can think of a number of other Become-like things that I'd like to be able to customize.
  • falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm all for new stuff. I love new stuff... when it makes sense and fits with the current game mechanics/feel. These new vehicles that are really just become devices in disguise at this point? They don't fit. It really feels like someone said "Lets make vehicles! Some players really want them!" and didn't stop to think whether it would actually work.

The current vehicles are trinity based. CO is all about choices. These vehicles so far appear to be a major step backwards in the design philosophy by severely limiting the player. I know it's been said we'd get all sorts of customization options for vehicles. But lets be brutally honest here. In a game that's not had a major content update since Vibora Bay do you really think the CO Cryptic team has the resources to pull this off properly? All new vehicle only content, AI updates (due to crazy range on the vehicles), and customization/gearing/etc (plus UI support) for vehicles? I'll believe it when it happens.

I wonder how long till this system gets left to moulder in obscurity in favor of newer shiny things the dartboard says to make. Alerts have pretty much replaced nearly everything else. At least then UNITY, Nemesis, and lairs will have some more company. Then it would be enough to play hearts!

I'm tired of fluff. I want real content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    On the subject of vehicle movement: I could go along with the idea that vehicles are faster than champions (though the idea that Superman or Iron Man can't keep up with a fighter jet feels wrong); but they really ought to be less maneuverable, too: as a rule of thumb, limit their movement to forward, turning, and possibly some limited backward movement. Some vehicle types (most notably winged aircraft, such as the Hawkwing) might even have mandatory forward motion: jets have runways for a reason.

Granted, the above restrictions will be annoying. But: 1. it will feel more believable, and 2. it will provide an incentive for folks to not be in their vehicles at all times.

Helicopter-type aircraft would be the primary exception for this sort of thing: they should have all of the maneuverability of a regular travel power; but they should also have a top speed comparable to regular travel powers.

On another front, I really hope you are going to provide a Body Shop that lets us customize our vehicles, both in appearance and in powers. And if you can implement that, I can think of a number of other Become-like things that I'd like to be able to customize.

I agree wholly with what you say here. Standard manuevers are much more complicated with vehicles.

I'm all far something like a Helicopter/VTOL being just slightly slower than Jet boots. Plus, give it the advantage of more reliable manueverability and you've got yourself a deal. I also think motorcycles/cars should match SuperSpeed.

And if there's a glitch with travel powers and vehicles combining, I want a car NOW and I want blazing speed. We've got to go back to 1985, Marty.
  • evilmasta1evilmasta1 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I really wanna see the supernatural bestial power "Shred" Lose penetrating strikes, and have it turn to the shred debuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The artist formally known on the forums as @CapsLockRAGE
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Very nice! I like!

Bug:
    Turn "always face camera off," zoom into mouse view while flying vehicle, turn around quickly.
    The jet thrust fx is visible.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,087 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2012
    Just chiming in again about the ability Shred having it's advantage Penetrating Strikes replaced with the new Shredded debuff.

Vehicles look nice with the textures, but we really need to be able to rearrange the power tray. I don't play that way.

Vehicle movement seems...off. It just looks wrong when you have someone in a vehicle next to someone not. Thinking maybe those flight jets shouldn't be able to get within x feet of the ground, keep them above the players.
    edited August 2012
    falchoin wrote: »
    I'm all for new stuff. I love new stuff... when it makes sense and fits with the current game mechanics/feel. These new vehicles that are really just become devices in disguise at this point? They don't fit. It really feels like someone said "Lets make vehicles! Some players really want them!" and didn't stop to think whether it would actually work.

The current vehicles are trinity based. CO is all about choices. These vehicles so far appear to be a major step backwards in the design philosophy by severely limiting the player. I know it's been said we'd get all sorts of customization options for vehicles. But lets be brutally honest here. In a game that's not had a major content update since Vibora Bay do you really think the CO Cryptic team has the resources to pull this off properly? All new vehicle only content, AI updates (due to crazy range on the vehicles), and customization/gearing/etc (plus UI support) for vehicles? I'll believe it when it happens.

I wonder how long till this system gets left to moulder in obscurity in favor of newer shiny things the dartboard says to make. Alerts have pretty much replaced nearly everything else. At least then UNITY, Nemesis, and lairs will have some more company. Then it would be enough to play hearts!

I'm tired of fluff. I want real content.

Sadly you fight against Windmills here. Most people here don't even seem to get the fact
    how of vehicles as fighting machines are for most superheroes, and then try to justify it
    with saying things like Wonderwoman uses her Jet for actual fighting :rolleyes:

They also don't get the difference between fighting with your characters actual powers
    from an vehicle and fighting just with the vehicles weapons.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sadly you fight against Windmills here. Most people here don't even seem to get the fact
    how of vehicles as fighting machines are for most superheroes, and then try to justify it

They also don't get the difference between fighting with your characters actual powers

The thematics of the vehicles is a whole seperate argument entirely IMO.

The real problem is what Falchoin pointed out, its fluff in place of real content, in place of bug fixes. Overly complicated fluff at that, as most everyone would have been happy with vehicle themed TPs. I would much rather see issues in the game being resolved than have that time spent developing this entire system for a select group of players (of which I am one, I have many non powered characters).

We need more content, but I want the older stuff fixed first before having new bugged stuff shoced down our throats.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
    edited August 2012
    Ok...thats it, I'm putting an end to this "shred should get an advantage to proc shredded" crap.
    Firstly, as far as balance goes, Shred is overpowered if you compare it to Reaper's Caress, these of which are the two T0 Bleed procers. Shred has a 25/25/100 chance to proc a bleed while RC has a 15/15/100, and Shred gets a boost from enrage (which is always given thanks to Aspect of the bestial) so shred becomes 50/50/100. Shred's damage is about equal, same energy cost and RC's advantage is pretty much as useless. Don't even think of giving Shred another buff until Reaper's Caress is buffed to equal shred. 25/25/100 without focus, 50/50/100 with focus, please.
    edited August 2012
    benevon wrote: »
    The thematics of the vehicles is a whole seperate argument entirely IMO.

The real problem is what Falchoin pointed out, its fluff in place of real content, in place of bug fixes. Overly complicated fluff at that, as most everyone would have been happy with vehicle themed TPs. I would much rather see issues in the game being resolved than have that time spent developing this entire system for a select group of players (of which I am one, I have many non powered characters).

We need more content, but I want the older stuff fixed first before having new bugged stuff shoced down our throats.

Thats the same i also want to see. Real content like new Zones instead if blowing up
    the whole Vehicle Stuff that (nearly) noone ever wanted to such a ressource eating thing.

People asked for them just as TPs .. and not for fighting machines, and at least did
    somebody wanted Zones that are exclusive for Vehicles.

Whats next .. after Vehicles get we Wallclimbing devices and Zone exclusive for them
    since Wallclimbing was requested but not possible without to much work in the current
    zones .. the same like Vehicles as TPs were not possible ?

But .. 9 days to go just to see some nice new zones finally elswhere .. *sigh*
    R607qMf.jpg
    edited August 2012
    Thats the same i also want to see. Real content like new Zones instead if blowing up
    the whole Vehicle Stuff that (nearly) noone ever wanted to such a ressource eating thing.

People asked for them just as TPs .. and not for fighting machines, and at least did
    somebody wanted Zones that are exclusive for Vehicles.

Whats next .. after Vehicles get we Wallclimbing devices and Zone exclusive for them
    since Wallclimbing was requested but not possible without to much work in the current
    zones .. the same like Vehicles as TPs were not possible ?

But .. 9 days to go just to see some nice new zones finally elswhere .. *sigh*

It lacks balance, to put it simply. New zones for the characters that would thematically use vehicles, but it leaves out the people who want to play super powered characters. And I cannot get on board with that.

I'm repeating myself here but, we non powered types deserved some love with vehicles. But not in its current form. Slap a jet skin on scarab flight and call it day. People would have complained about something like that as well, but its really all people wanted and the development time can be better spent elsewhere.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    @Benevon
    edited August 2012
    benevon wrote: »
    I'm repeating myself here but, we non powered types deserved some love with vehicles. But not in its current form. Slap a jet skin on scarab flight and call it day. People would have complained about something like that as well, but its really all people wanted and the development time can be better spent elsewhere.

Scarab Flight has the problem of no animations in fight. I would just make the Vehicles
    TP Devices like the old CTP-Devices so that you can fallback to normal TP-Skills when you
    actually want to fight .. and thats it.
    R607qMf.jpg
    edited August 2012
    Scarab Flight has the problem of no animations in fight. I would just make the Vehicles
    TP Devices like the old CTP-Devices so that you can fallback to normal TP-Skills when you
    actually want to fight .. and thats it.

My mistake, maybe scarab wasnt what i was thinking of. Whichever one you cant fight as. Basically, my point there was to have a flight you cant use your powers from. I know I dont want to shoot my gatling gun through my pressurized cockpits windshield.

And yeah, even if they were devices like the CTPs and dark speed.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    @Benevon
  • enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2012

bit of a rant here, sorry in advance for the following wall of text. :rolleyes:

Okay seriously, we get it you don't want vehicles for your toons, and that's fine. You've made that abundantly clear in several topics, but the fact of the matter seems pretty clear to indicate that plenty of people do.

I'll give you that most superheroes don't fight using weaponry on their vehicles, but WHO CARES? It's not about what MOST heroes do, it's what the player's one particular hero does. Regardless I like to think the fact that one of the examples of heroes that do use vehicle weapons is the frakking Batman, one of the most iconic heroes in comics more than legitimizes then in my book, and that's not even going into other characters such as The Green Hornet, the Thunderbirds, the Power Rangers, and Gatchaman that either are full on superheroes or are superheroes in all but name.
    Heck look at the source material, the Champions Pen and Paper game dedicates a whole chapter to making and fighting in vehicles.

So your characters don't use vehicles much less use vehicle mounted weapons, nothing wrong with that but I happen to have three or four characters who's concepts would greatly benefit from the inclusion of vehicles, what makes your concepts so much more valid than mine or anyone else that wants a vehicle?

Now I will give you that it's odd for a Superman or Flash style character to be slower than a jet, but frankly I would rather just have the speed of the Travel Powers increased than the vehicles nerfed. God knows I groan a little inside when I get a UNITY daily that makes me run or fly all the way across the desert and back. :rolleyes:

I can't speak for the weapons quite yet, things are still in development after all and they may yet be nerfed, but I'd agree that the vehicles should not be stronger than normal character powers, they should be a option for flavor purposes or perhaps a sort of alternate build possibility, like say a DPS toon with a tanky...well...tank, not clearly better than fighting on foot.
    edited August 2012
    Ok...thats it, I'm putting an end to this "shred should get an advantage to proc shredded" crap.
    Firstly, as far as balance goes, Shred is overpowered if you compare it to Reaper's Caress, these of which are the two T0 Bleed procers. Shred has a 25/25/100 chance to proc a bleed while RC has a 15/15/100, and Shred gets a boost from enrage (which is always given thanks to Aspect of the bestial) so shred becomes 50/50/100. Shred's damage is about equal, same energy cost and RC's advantage is pretty much as useless. Don't even think of giving Shred another buff until Reaper's Caress is buffed to equal shred. 25/25/100 without focus, 50/50/100 with focus, please.

Instead of getting snippy simply request the power receive an equality pass. Caress going from 15/15/100 to 25/25/50 and getting boosted by focus would be a fine change.

Penetrating strikes is of questionable effectiveness and we're simply trying to make it less so while the new Shredded is being tossed around. Shred getting the Shredded debuff? Madness!
    edited August 2012

So when does bestial get rupture and swallowtail cut or a bleed refresher, if we are going to talk about equality stuff?
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited August 2012
    So when does bestial get rupture and swallowtail cut or a bleed refresher, if we are going to talk about equality stuff?

Single Blade was made around the rupture mechanic, while bestial was more based around maintaining stacks, but thanks to the incompetant team at cryptic when these sets were completely DICKED with their synergies, first being, Single Blade getting a refresh mechanic, which is COMPLETELY useless because of the rupture mechanic (see Rend and Tear in MA Claws). Dragon's Bite refresh is the least used Single Blade power, it should stack a bleed with its refresh. Bestial synergies are a complete screw-up, however, no rupture AND no refresh, this set seems to be built around having bleeds up all the time, hence Massacre's advantage. What this set needs is a refresher and possibly its own Swallowtail Cut proc power. What I suggest is for Massacre to have an innate refresh upon full charge of the attack to synergize better with its advantage, or possibly have Bite refresh along with its bleed stacking. and for swallowtail cut advantage? Bite or Frenzy should have that advantage.
    I apologize for my snippiness, but I feel no one is realizing how much better Shred is to Reaper's Caress, this is not just inset synergies, this is power to power, Reaper's Caress is weaker. Not to mention, having Shredded on Shred would be realistically tossing the mechanic of Viper's Fangs into Shred, that alone makes Viper's Fangs obsolete, I hear you talk all about how you want balance, then please realize how Unbalanced you'd make shred by adding shredded, even as an advantage.
  • kerainkerain Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    has anyone else realized that when playing the new AT your costumes are all tinted permanently black? its annoying as hell.
    edited August 2012
    kerain wrote: »
    has anyone else realized that when playing the new AT your costumes are all tinted permanently black? its annoying as hell.

Are they really? I hadn't noticed.
    edited August 2012
    Well, I've advocated for two things in the past (separate, but related things): Vehicular Travel Powers (which can't merely be reskins of existing Travel Powers because cars moving sideways and planes hovering in place just look silly), and customizable Become Devices (where I have control over at least the appearance, and hopefully also the powers). I don't really want or need them as a package deal, though if they want to handle them as a package deal, I won't object. But the vehicle appearance really does need to be customizable, even if the Hawkwings aren't.

And I definitely don't feel the need for vehicle-specific combat powers: just use stuff from Power Armor/Gadgeteer/Munitions with vehicle-specific skins (to account for the fact that most vehicles don't have arms), and be done with it.
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Okay.... so Strafing Run finally got an audible sound FX.... its still quite underwhelming, I am hoping this because it feels incomplete. The sound stops too soon... and definitely I just don't feel like my ship its gunning down baddies. Honestly from all the new powers sound FX this is the only one I feel its lacking.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    Are they really? I hadn't noticed.

Not on my costumes.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • kerainkerain Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Not on my costumes.

I think I may have narrowed it down to whats specifically causing it.

seemed like to me it has to do with the shadow meld or whatever stealth power, it add this special effect to all costumes which seems to be making it appear to have this darkened look.
    edited August 2012
    Single Blade was made around the rupture mechanic, while bestial was more based around maintaining stacks, but thanks to the incompetant team at cryptic when these sets were completely DICKED with their synergies, first being, Single Blade getting a refresh mechanic, which is COMPLETELY useless because of the rupture mechanic (see Rend and Tear in MA Claws). Dragon's Bite refresh is the least used Single Blade power, it should stack a bleed with its refresh. Bestial synergies are a complete screw-up, however, no rupture AND no refresh, this set seems to be built around having bleeds up all the time, hence Massacre's advantage. What this set needs is a refresher and possibly its own Swallowtail Cut proc power. What I suggest is for Massacre to have an innate refresh upon full charge of the attack to synergize better with its advantage, or possibly have Bite refresh along with its bleed stacking. and for swallowtail cut advantage? Bite or Frenzy should have that advantage.
    I apologize for my snippiness, but I feel no one is realizing how much better Shred is to Reaper's Caress, this is not just inset synergies, this is power to power, Reaper's Caress is weaker. Not to mention, having Shredded on Shred would be realistically tossing the mechanic of Viper's Fangs into Shred, that alone makes Viper's Fangs obsolete, I hear you talk all about how you want balance, then please realize how Unbalanced you'd make shred by adding shredded, even as an advantage.
    You keep saying Reapers is grossly underpowered in comparison to Shred, yet when you compared them to me there was next to no difference, same damage for time, .3 second difference in full combo time, the only difference being the first two hits of reapers has a 15/15 chance instead of a 25/25 (or 50/50 under most circumstances). I agree that should be amended to 25/25/50 and double when under focus, but that doesn't make the power radically inferior. Inferior yes, but you're talking about it like it's complete drudge, it's not.

Shredded is not unique to Claws. There's a device that uses a Bestial animation that applies Shredded and a bleed. Considering this another option would be to port Will of the Tiger to Bestial. Practically every other BM device has a powerset equivalent, but Will of the Tiger never made it to Bestial.

Shred has been the target power because 1)It's called Shred. Shredded...Shred. Yeah. 2) Penetrating strikes is exceptionally mediocre. 50% chance at a 8.3% debuff that doesn't stack. It's not terrible, but when you look at Shredded or god help you fire's debuff numbers, it makes you wonder what's up.
  • zenebatos2zenebatos2 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The real question here is...how in the Nine Layer of hell do i get a vehicle???

I was absent for several weeks, i come back and see VEHICLES on the forums...

I rush to the PTS, and there is no indication or hint about vehicles, or i missed them...

So how do we get vehicles on PTS?