What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.30.20120808a.4 PTS Update

nisdiddumsnisdiddums Posts: 91 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PTS - The Archive
PTS update FC.30.20120808a.4
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 7:00pm PST

Greetings!

Tonight, we have a really cool update for you all......Vehicles!
We will be previewing the "Hawk Wing Prototype" vehicles on PTS for testing purposes - we are really excited to roll these out to Live, so the more feedback we receive, the faster we can improve their mechanics and eventually update PTS with the next tieration.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Hawk Wing Prototype Vehicles
Tonight players can go to the debugger on the PTS to pick up the prototype Hawkwing Vehicles. These are early versions of vehicles that do NOT reflect the final system. These vehicles will give players exposure to some of the aspects of the vehicle system (controls, stats, powers) and allow players to test drive the new some new powers for themselves. Keep in mind that not all vehicles have FX and icons. These are a first version and we welcome feedback into their powers and usability.

Powers
-Grapple Gun Pull: The power now properly ranks.
-Smoke Bomb Lunge: The power no properly ranks.

Known Issues:
-Vehicle power: No strafe barrage FX
-Vehicle power: Flash Bang will play on target and self
-Vehicle power:No FX for Warnign Shot
-Art: Vehicles costume and material are not final
-Content: Vehicles are not restriced by map, but they will be when released. This is to eliminate potential collision issues in smaller instanced maps.
Post edited by nisdiddums on

Comments

• cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hmmm... interesting... here's me hoping that this is more than "become batmobile" devices.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2012
    These prototype vehicles are simple Become devices, but that is NOT how the final system is going to behave.
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh god yes!!! I can't wait!
  • rykonailorykonailo Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    nisdiddums wrote: »

-Content: Vehicles are not restriced by map, but they will be when released. This is to eliminate potential collision issues in smaller instanced maps.
    Welp, I know what I'm doing. Driving my car or bike or jet or whatever it is thru Lemuria then over the Bronze King. Why? Because I want to break reality. :cool:

P.S.
    Fix char copy tool please?
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    These prototype vehicles are simple Become devices, but that is NOT how the final system is going to behave.

Interested in seeing how this pans out then. +1 hopefulness added to my 0/100 pool.

(Instant 75 point increase if you make a catmobile.)

Snark never dies.
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    THE CALIGA JET WILL FINALLY BE REALIZED!!!

*starts looking up steering wheel covers*
  • reinweibritterreinweibritter Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, it's up.

The most obvious issue is the models don't show up. I guess they borrowed these things from Wonder Woman.

Also opening your character sheet while in a vehicle crashes the game.
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, it's up.

The most obvious issue is the models don't show up. I guess they borrowed these things from Wonder Woman.

Also opening your character sheet while in a vehicle crashes the game.

^^this^^..
  • lopacismynamelopacismyname Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not certain if this would be a bug, persay.

Lighining from Electric Flight still exists in vehicle form
    Only tried in MC so far, flying around with vehicle
    Electric trail continues to exist during usage of vehicle device.

I'm not sure if that was intended as an effect, but I don't understand why it would be.

@lopac1029
    Because having 2 different user names is a stupid idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Well... the vehicles "look" interesting (not visually =p) the reload mechanic its intriguing. I am yet to "see" more of them, but there's little to test at the moment.

Though... what I did notice, was that the sound FX of the new powers are in!!! the boomerangs sound awesome, I like em... so as the gas pellets... so as the grappling hook... though sadly Strafing Run is still missing =(.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rafahil893rafahil893 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Let's hope in the end we can fully customize our vehicles like we can our heroes. :wink:
  • mrkafzielmrkafziel Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    bug: game client crashes when opening character stats screen
    where it happens: so far have only tried in MC center and with the medivac vehicle
    what happes: when in vehicle mode if I press C to go to character screen and check my stats the game client crashes automatically

already tried with the rest of vehicles and all of them do the same
    issue does not happen when already into character stats screen then turning on the device
    however turning the device then going into character stats screen does make client crash
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    BUG: Minigun (and all cylinder type powers) hit objects 45 degrees to the right of the visible cone. This has been around for a while now on Live, and it's still broken on PTS.

BUG: Anti-Aircraft missile (Fast Attack Jet) is also a taunt power. Doubt that's by design.

BUG: As these are Become devices, you can get around the cooldowns that your powers cause by turning off the Become and going back into it right after. This is still an issue with some Devices on Live (the robot for the Harmon Labs Alert for starters).

Not sure: A 15 second charge for Full Power Burst? That not fully tested yet?

Overall - flying around is a LOT of fun. I love the feel of flying, and the overall power of the jets themselves. As a random side bonus, Block becomes AFTERBURNERS for super-awesome speed. WOW.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    BUG: Anti-Aircraft missile (Fast Attack Jet) is also a taunt power. Doubt that's by design.

Not sure: You can 'block' as a fighter jet.

Not sure: A 15 second charge for that kind of damage? That not fully tested yet?

The AA missile just has the wrong short description, thanks for the catch!

The block is just a placeholder icon for "Boost" which makes you go very fast (obviously).

That last power is undergoing tweaking.
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, ok, crashed at the desktop for looking at the character sheet, anyway, I take it you're not done balancing the powers at all, the DPS jet had a power that said it dealt up to 20k damage, considering that my jet had 5.8k hp that sounds like the jets are hpwise too weak, or damagewise too strong.

Full Power Burst costs 165 energy while I only have 150 tops.
    EDIT: Oh and it has a 15 second charge time...a bit much? Though it does do 20k damage...
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So, uh.. I can still use my swinging grapple line when in the vehicle, which is.. uh... amusing :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Changed some things around while you quoted me, Crush. Sorry. Please look over my post again.

EDIT: BUG: These Become Devices don't turn off your Travel Powers or Focus type buffs or anything else, thus causing issues with powers that require 100% of your End bar to activate (like Full Power Burst).
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well here's my two cents.

I really like the feel of the movement (yeah its super fast but not what I noticed the most). I notice it doesn't stop on a dime and really can't wait to see how the animation for the vehicle will look when stopping. Maybe it could have some kind of wind effect when close to ground. Anyways its accurate and I really like how smooth it is.

The Full barrage power (the 4th power not sure what its called exactly) is very fun not being reliant on targeting so you can get the most with AoEs. But I wonder if we can fire multiple times as the bar goes down. If its intentional to have it do so, its not working past the first shot fired with it. Using that a lot I noticed the recharge bullet icons that fill up. Looks pretty crisp. But I would like to see those used for ammunition while the limited maintain goes down rather than energy.

So far the build is based on your character's actual stats so I can't use the last power so I'll switch to a character who can. The damage is just REALLY crazy though. Can't wait to see how these scales with stats if anything. I guess it may scale to gear that you equip to your vehicle when we get to that stage.

EDIT AFTER MORE TRYING OUT
    All this made me think about wanting to use my devices while in vehicles. Would that be allowed in the future?

I tried the medivac out and it doesn't heal any friendly targets or at least let me target one to heal (I tried it on an officer). Is that intentional? Is it a vehicle repair only power?

Since blocking is a major staple in Champions can we get a force field or something of the sort?

Also I ran out of virtual memory for some reason and crashed while on PTS and moving around fast. Twice. I hope this doesn't become an issue when it goes live.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Flew against a mountain, didn't explode.
    Don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • kaltoveikaltovei Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I love the roles each jet has. The different variations will definitely be interesting for teams of people who all have the devices. A couple ideas...

- An arena where people with the devices can form a team for aerial combat or objectives, like capture the flag or destroying a base would be amazing. So much potential for new types of events.
    - How will they interact with things like alerts? The numbers seems like it will make it really easy to just stomp all over them in no time if there is a team.

Looking forward to the graphics and effects all getting put in. Looking good so far :P
  • cryzzspamcryzzspam Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The vehicles are more fun than I expected. I admit I had my doubts. Will they have a VTOL design? That seems a good fit to me. It would be nice if we could park them on building with a helipad, then leave the building on foot, or reenter it to reach the pad (for those who do not fly). And they are really fast. Suddenly all the maps seem tiny.

Also when my character was low on health and toggled the device, I got the smoking graphic. I assume the cause was that at this iteration they are become devices. We should have separate health in the future?
  • xenosinfinityxxenosinfinityx Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I love you. Seriously. It's my birthday on sunday and you guys get me THREE fighter jets? Best present ever.

On a more serious note, these are easily the most fun thing I've ever played around with in an MMO. Possibly on a par with the freerunning in Prototype, although the lack of ploughing through crowds is a slight disadvantage.

I can't find any noticeable bugs so far. The one comment I would make is that team duels are ideally suited for vehicles, not being limited to a small area but to the entire zone you're in... Could we get a Vehicle Duel mode where the same applies, but one against one?
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is it just me, or is it intended that you just get invisible when you use the vehicle devices ? :confused:
    R607qMf.jpg
    edited August 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is it intended that you just get invisible when you use the vehicle devices ? :confused:

They found out why the vehicle models aren't showing and they will be put up when they can. There is no specific time when since I assume its because its Friday evening.
  • lordwolfylordwolfy Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    They found out why the vehicle models aren't showing and they will be put up when they can. There is no specific time when since I assume its because its Friday evening.

Probably wont be until Monday or Tuesday before they get them in. Oh well the powers themselves seem to work fine though I am not sure how they derive their damage numbers.
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    *is sure this opinion is going to get shot down faster than a "mig in american air space"...* :rolleyes:
    ...But in a game about "SUPER POWERED CHARACTERS."
    I have reservations about tech. being able to outspeed a "super speed" toon :eek:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
    edited August 2012
    Still getting Game Lock ups Crashes. Seems to occur in certain areas but not always happening in those spots, just highly likely in bursts then not at all like in the Powerhouse a few feet from teleporter to testing area while still in main entrance. Usually fixes itself, sometimes not.

Error Ticket: 14179688 (I think, it disappeared when I alt tabbed to paste here)

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (UNKNOWN:
    0x88760870) while Locking sprite index buff.

Technical Details: 1.84 RB RAM, 1.15 GB virtual space available

Second Crash:

Flew a plane into water. Crashed a few seconds later, instantly, not like the other crash.

Error Ticket: 14202920

Also:

Bug: Crash reports are shutting shortly after generating Tickets on their own, not letting you send additional info.

Third Crash

Opened Character Window while in Jet Form

Error Ticket: Unavailable as window closed too fast after generating ticket, look like it started with a 1?

Fullpower Burst (all): Needs more damage for it's charge time and MUCH wider cylinder, no idea why Medi version costs the most for the least amount of damage in context. I understand it based on ROLE but the fluff of the power sorta is more energy, more damage, and they have the most energy, least damage. Uses Full energy even on tap
    Micromuntions (all): Needs much better damage / area, perhaps the Mega Destroid from Resistance version
    Default Attack (all): Could use maybe 25% more damage

Healing Drone (Medi): Nerf this into oblivion and add energy cost to this. Full HP in 5 seconds while you do anything you want as it goes and its FREE? Yeah any healers I have would be in this jet form constantly just for this, screw being a hero as is
    Paint the Target (Medi): Perfect, can we get this as a player power too pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee?

Enhanced Armor Plating (Heavy): This is a shield, change name to Enhanced Energy Shielding. Also needs to last 5 seconds longer, and needs its values nerfed atleast 100-150%. Neeeeeeds to not be 'Target foe, 100 feet' just 'target self'
    Flash Bang (Heavy): Could use a recharge timer added or a slight nerf to threat boosts
    Warning Shot (Heavy): Totally useless compaired to Flash Bang, perhaps add all the effects of Crippling Challenge / Nailed to the Ground or increase Taunt time?

Full Battery Barrage (Fast): Sorta redundant with Full Power Burst thematically, granted these are kinda superior in everything but a boss fight. Completely makes this or micro missiles pointless based on which you prefer. Perhaps remove micro missiles or this for Strafing run?... no idea honestly.

Lastly:
    Please let all transform devices and the like not have set static power trays. I REALLY hate the default layout of all of them and so wish I could rearrange the powers on the tray. I understand they are the way they are because of unlocking power order and if a power gets removed off the tray you need a new system to get the power back but its such a terrible way as it is with power layouts on these things.
    edited August 2012
    I agree with having a custom power layout option.
  • ukatoenasniukatoenasni Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ...am I the only one that chuckled at 'Flew plane into water, crashed'? I'm a terrible person. I'm sorry.

Hopefully some of the bigger bugs get addressed, I'll try and catch a moment or two to help test stuff. Seems interesting so far though.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    ...am I the only one that chuckled at 'Flew plane into water, crashed'? I'm a terrible person. I'm sorry.

Hopefully some of the bigger bugs get addressed, I'll try and catch a moment or two to help test stuff. Seems interesting so far though.

Hey you never know! Maybe it was one of those cartoon jets from the 60s that could submerge, I didn't have a manual and I had a Bronze King to try and shoot. That said did chuckle when I saw your quote. :biggrin:
  • raediyaraediya Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Test: Vehicles
    Version: FC.30.20120808a.4

Various Observations:

*No slow-fall effect on cancellation.
    *Power cooldowns can be circumvented by toggling the device on and off.
    *Transformation sets all attributes to 5.
    *Transformation does not respond to break-free effects. (No break-free numbers, nor does pressing "z" change duration of the effect. Tested against Stunt Double (Foxbattlebot) and Leader Drone (Destroid).
    *Damage and smoke effects from low health animate properly.
    *Transformation has no natural regeneration. (Probably intended, transformation health is equivalent to percent health before transformation.)
    *Transformations do not deactivate power or device toggles.
    *The greater than 100' range allows the player to attack NPCs without retaliation.

Shared Powers:
    *Minigun/Micromunitions: Sometimes hits targets that appear out of line. Will not always deal damage at maximum range.
    *Reload: Does not disable Minigun occasionally, if that is intended.
    *Boost (Block): Sometimes stacks to 2-3.
    *Full Power Burst: Charge time is long for a very narrow attack.

Heavy Fighter:
    *Warning Shot/Flashbang: Taunt effects without taunt cooldown like Crippling Challenge. Flashbang costing twice Warning Shot's energy with added bonus of being AoE and giving a threat bonus, makes Warning Shot unappealing.
    *Enhanced Armor Plating: Sometimes breaks targeting arc of other powers, since it requires a target. Power's damage resistance appears high, but transformation currently negates all defense besides base dodge/avoidance. This may need to be tuned, since it allows attack while being used.

Fast Attack Jet:
    *Anti Aircraft Missile/Full Battery Barrage/Quick Reload: Labeled as a taunt, though does not appear to act like one.
    *Full Battery Barrage: Current form is superior to Full Power Burst and Micromunitions.

Medivac:
    *Paint the Target: 100% seems excessive if allowed to be used on cosmics/bosses. Power also appears to stack. (X deals 46034 (23017) Slashing Damage to Test Dummy with Shadow Strike.)
    *Healing Drone: Effect appears too powerful, especially with the ability to reset cooldowns.

Thanks to @Sashamari.
    edited August 2012
    I have really great suggestions and questions leading to them!

About the limited to maps, will they be allowed in areas like outside open air in the APs and Comics? Take out Serpent Lantern posts would be nice, but I see why it won't fit thematically in Resistance. But if like a motorbike gets added eventually will those be allowed in certain huge inside missions like parts of Viper Lair.

When the custom ones come out will there be a UI window to interact with specifically for the vehicle and will it be tucked away when minimized? An option would be a new tab in the character window which would fit nicely with my next question.

Will multiple vehicles be held at one time or will there be one per character and changeable (reselect powers, gear and vehicle type) in say the hideout? Make these more open ended and something special for players outside the respec system since its all gear related. Attach it to the personal computer in our hideouts to expand its use.
  • blkmaskblkmask Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I really have to say this.

You mean to tell me Bolas does over 900 points worth of damage and is a paralyze and you turn Ego Storm into an incapacitate?

No power in the entire telepathy set has a paralyze if I'm correct and gadgeteering gets one?

You guys really need do a pass on Telepathy.....BAD!!!! :mad:

Overall, I think the powers are a great addition but all the new powers make the old ones look like crap.
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I really hope that we'll be able to move the powers for vehicles around in the power tray slots. Otherwise, just like become devices, i'll never use them because my power tray slots are bound to a wildly different keyset than the normal "click to play" setup...

Snark never dies.
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm feeling a little stand offish atm but I'll give my full opinion in a few more updates. So far I'm liking what I'm seeing but the vehicles should be more in balance with our toons unless they will in no way be directly competing (pvp, duels, alerts, lairs). However, this is the first version so we'll see how it comes along.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • zerojadzerojad Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I hope to see an awesome spaceship-like or a bike! (nope, dont have cursed nor scourge) :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@ZetBuster
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well its a nice start on vehicles. I like classing them into the classic trinity. Not too shabby. Of course the powers are just...insane as far as statting, but its a good rough concept. Hopefully Monday will being some actual vehicle models to go along with theses toys. They are a lot of fun to jet around the city in.

That said, lets talk Night Warrior for a moment.

I think this AT is pretty good overall, but I would suggest a few minor changes to the power progression:

1.) Night Warrior allready has a toggle in the form of Sneak. Giving the player the choice of two others seems a bit pointless when they can't both be used at once. This would be a good place to address the second issue.

2.) This AT has no active defense or offense. I would suggest giving the player a pick between evasive manuevers or smoke bomb. That would give the player two powers to capitalize on their stealth abilities, and improve their survival. Alternatively, you could give a choice between focus, or Smoke Bomb, to give an offense/defense choice.
  • voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1.) Night Warrior allready has a toggle in the form of Sneak. Giving the player the choice of two others seems a bit pointless when they can't both be used at once. This would be a good place to address the second issue.
    Sneak is a toggle, not a form, so no conflict.
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Remember, Marksman does just fine without an AO/AD either. :V

Of course, this is a ranged/melee hybrid, and so far the other two hybrids have gotten Actives, so why not sweeten the deal with Night Avenger and let 'em have Masterful Dodge?
    edited August 2012
    keikomyst wrote: »
    Remember, Marksman does just fine without an AO/AD either. :V

Of course, this is a ranged/melee hybrid, and so far the other two hybrids have gotten Actives, so why not sweeten the deal with Night Avenger and let 'em have Masterful Dodge?

Hmmm... im not so sure on this one. If they add a AO/AD they would have to remove likely one of the new powers... and the intention is to lure players into buying this AT by giving them the new/hot stuff.

Honestly I don't see where it could fit, without either adding an additional power or making a 5th choice (which is pushing it since it has already 4, where other ATs have 2 or 3 in the case of Impulse)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, until we can get Visuals for the Vehicles I am going to pass on testing them. That being said it was still fun flying around.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    One thing I think they should consider is giving Nightwarrior an advantage, similar to "Fair Game" that returns health if you defeat an enemy using Shadow Strike. This would help with the AT being a little more vulnerable defense-wise, and further reward using assassinations as part of the ATs intended play style.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    blkmask wrote: »
    I really have to say this.

You mean to tell me Bolas does over 900 points worth of damage and is a paralyze and you turn Ego Storm into an incapacitate?

No power in the entire telepathy set has a paralyze if I'm correct and gadgeteering gets one?

You guys really need do a pass on Telepathy.....BAD!!!! :mad:

Overall, I think the powers are a great addition but all the new powers make the old ones look like crap.

You have forgotten something, the trend with that poor poor powerset is that it gets nerfed into oblivion, not sure on this but I think it has been through the most nerfs of any powerset.

Asking for it to be given a review or a new power will in time make someone complain and then the Nuclear Nerf Bomb will hit it, JUST LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO EGO STORM AND MAINTAINED HOLDS:mad::mad:

Through much sadness I have come to realise that Telepathy will NOT be buffed,reviewed or even poked with a stick. As it relies on crowd control and we all know CC is dead and gone in this game.

Crowd Control, Mind AT and Telepathy you will be missed R.I.P :frown:

Ego Storm used to be a paralyse until it was changed to an incapacitate, which works as I think it was intended as the only thing it incapacitates is the person who took it....

The only useful Hold in Telepathy is Ego Sleep but that can be broken out of in a number of seconds. If you compare psychic powered villains to psychic powered heroes, the difference is staggering..PSI do greatish damage for not only melee psionic powers but also ranged powers, in comparison to the Mind AT, the only thing Mind has over them is healing and aura factors.

Mind AT is severely outclassed and is easily out done by Radiant AT, in every aspect of healing, damage and even Crowd Control, the only 1 up which has been nerfed is the AoRP and MR powers. But that can be countered by stopping enemies from seeing you and ressurecting fallen allies...so if you think about it Telepathy has just been one GIGANTIC nerf fest. (with very minor buffs along the way)
    edited August 2012
    Bug: Strafing run indeed now scales and is critical capable (is the crit part intended? also.. thanks GC for fixing this) but.... it only scales at Rank 1. R2 and R3 are broken and are still doing fixed damage.

Also... holy cow? 1200 hits of Strafing run, with my tank, considering it can hit up to 4 times per target, that's quite some buff it got, I'll need to see R2 and R3 damage, so far for a 15 sec cooldown, feels quite powerful. Though until I see the Ranks 2 and 3, I'll be able to tell if it feels overtuned.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So... is anyone else dealing with "Invisible Vehicle" syndrome?
  • benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    So... is anyone else dealing with "Invisible Vehicle" syndrome?

They are working on it.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • taintedmesstaintedmess Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    *is sure this opinion is going to get shot down faster than a "mig in american air space"...* :rolleyes:
    I have reservations about tech. being able to outspeed a "super speed" toon :eek:

Personally i hope they do something about that given that were playing a superhero games I agree if the trains/plains and auto mobiles are getting a higher top speed than the heroes that rely on there own abilities should get a upgrade as well (in other words buff movment power speeds)
    edited August 2012
    Bug: Strafing Run is not removing sneak

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    the vehicles are fun... a suggestion NOT a bug. I noticed with the micromunitions, its hard to work out where its going to hit. Well apart from the target person. One of the single person shots on the fighter was hitting the ground halfway between the target and me. Probably due to not being able to see where I was.

They are nicely done and I can see a swarm of them going around mobbing open missions so that people can get the top spot.
    Please introduce a PVP area for these. I don't PVP myself but I think these would be hilarious to watch.

The night avenger powers work well. Did have a small problem with power recharge but stocked up on rec/int talents.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I can see it, but yeah. I think there should be a faster flying (Standard, no jetpack) power. Maybe like as fast as Jet Boots. Of course, controlling a Superspeed toon can be a real pain in the junk.

Then again, the only thing I can say is that you mention 'super powered characters', when this is false. Not all heroes have Super Powers, and I like the idea that vehicles have some speed on them you can't get with powers- simply put, 'Dude, why waste your time getting a vehicle, your fly power is faster'. They do need -some- utility advantage over travel powers.