What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.30.20120706a.5 PTS Update

nisdiddumsnisdiddums Posts: 91 Arc User
edited July 2012 in PTS - The Archive
PTS update FC.30.20120706a.5
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 6:00pm PST

Greetings!

G-Crush has made more updates to the Night Avenger power set, along with an all-new Gadgeteering endurance builder power.
Additionally, we've added more a new daily mission which will serve as a lead-in to an upcoming Custom Alert.
We will also be re-enabling the "Fire and Ice" Rampage Alert so that we can collect additional feedback from the PTS forums.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

New Daily Mission - Red Banner Daily: Streets Run Red
This new daily mission can be picked up from The Drifter in Ren Center.

Night Avenger Powers:
-Sneak: The damage bonus from sneak has been reduced.
-Shadow Strike: This power can no longer crit.
-Shadow Strike: This power now properly costs all of your energy in all cases.
-Shadow Strike: This power now requires a 1 second charge.
-Night Warrior: This power has had its damage bonus, dodge and avoidance bonus, and -charge speed bonus reduced.
-Night Warrior: This power now only grants 10% armor penetration, down from 15%.
-Night Warrior: This power now only grants 10% armor penetration, down from 15%.
-Smokebomb Lunge: Sudden Strike: This power now grants 15% critical severity whenlunging from outside of 50 feet, down from 50%. "
-Sneak: Now has a cooldown when you use it in combat.

Gadgeteering:
-Gadgeteering: New Power: Boomerang Toss: This is a new ranged boomerang energy builder.

Alerts:
- Alerts: Hrodegir, and Devana should now properly behave as legendaries during alerts.
Post edited by nisdiddums on

Comments

• megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No bug fixes?
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nisdiddums wrote: »
    Ok, this is understandable
    I believe I made this suggestion directly to Drannic a few nights ago
    Thanks for the bugfix, I also suggested this
    ...Doesn't making it uncrittable already fix the issue...?
    -Night Warrior: This power has had its damage bonus, dodge and avoidance bonus, and -charge speed bonus reduced.
    ...You couldn't make up your mind and pick one? :I
    We heard you the first time...and once again...really Cryptic? You could have simply picked one aspect and nerf it...like really.
    -Smokebomb Lunge: Sudden Strike: This power now grants 15% critical severity whenlunging from outside of 50 feet, down from 50%. "
    Ok, this is understandable.
    Thanks for hearing the feedback for this one, I assume this works the way Teleport does? Will we see Sneak's perception stealth increase closer to Teleport's numbers?
    Gadgeteering:
    -Gadgeteering: New Power: Boomerang Toss: This is a new ranged boomerang energy builder.
    Ok I remember this suggestion, thanks guys :P
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Please have Conflag fixed. I'd like to participate in this round of testing for the new Alerts.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Gadgeteering:

Thank you very much:biggrin:

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • rafahil893rafahil893 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Night Avenger Powers:

These adjustments were exactly what I expected(maybe a bit of an over-nerf), although now I think Shadow Strike needs a somewhat lower cooldown to compensate for the multiple nerfs on it.

Smokebomb Lunge: Sudden Strike advantage: 15% seems a bit too low, but 50% was too high. I suggest it stays at 15%, but remains on you as a 5 second buff.

Don't know what the cooldown on Sneak is right now, but it should be low as this power is what Night Warrior is supposed to be all about.

btw is Sneak's stealth enough to remain invisible against elite level mobs yet?
  • schizoslayerschizoslayer Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This looks like Cryptic are following the Sid Meier school of balancing which is essentially a binary search where you ping back and fourth between extremes making smaller changes until you eventually come to rest in the middle ground.

First Nightwarrior was crap so they made it uber to find the line for OP then they have to nerf it down hard but not to the point where it was the last time it was crap. Expect it to get buffed again and possibly nerfed again before it feels right.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012

...You couldn't make up your mind and pick one? :I
    I bet after all this, we still lose the NW/sneak/shadow strike package before this goes live.:frown:
    For the record, i like being able to be an assassin out the box.

I'm assuming that strafing run is a placeholder power for now?
    The description makes it sound like what happened to Ripper in Aftershock, but it just throws a few pellets.

2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
    edited July 2012
    I bet after all this, we still lose the NW/sneak/shadow strike package before this goes live.:frown:
    For the record, i like being able to be an assassin out the box.

Well, actually, again, going back to my suggestion in the last thread, remove shadowstrike and make Sneak independant, Oh and HERE IS AN IDEA THAT CRYPTIC SHOULD WRITE DOWN, you know how the cur hunter in Bloodmoon have their Sneak? It auto appiles after X seconds, we could make Sneak work so you toggle it on, and after X seconds of not dealing or recieving damage you go into sneak. It'd be kinda like a more passive version of our current sneak, it makes Sneak easier to use practically instead of turning it on over and over after every encounter.
    edited October 2015

I wonder if you'll say that too if it turns out they overnerfed it and its now once again incompetant to all other offensive passives.​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
    edited July 2012
    Well, actually, again, going back to my suggestion in the last thread, remove shadowstrike and make Sneak independant, Oh and HERE IS AN IDEA THAT CRYPTIC SHOULD WRITE DOWN, you know how the cur hunter in Bloodmoon have their Sneak? It auto appiles after X seconds, we could make Sneak work so you toggle it on, and after X seconds of not dealing or recieving damage you go into sneak. It'd be kinda like a more passive version of our current sneak, it makes Sneak easier to use practically instead of turning it on over and over after every encounter.

I suggested something almost similar in the last thread. I think this is a good idea as a toggle.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I wonder if you'll say that too if it turns out they overnerfed it and its now once again incompetant to all other offensive passives.

You trying to go for opera? Cause you really over dramatize things when the overpowered stuff is brought in line.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited July 2012
    You trying to go for opera? Cause you really over dramatize things when the overpowered stuff is brought in line.

Unleashed Rage hasn't been brought in line, why don't you complain about that too?
    edited July 2012
    rafahil893 wrote: »
    I suggested something almost similar in the last thread. I think this is a good idea as a toggle.

Actually, it would work like a form, but I intend for it to work with forms, as it'd generally only be an alpha strike, which isn't worth giving up almost 100% consistent additive damage.
  • drannicdrannic Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Greetings!

We apologize for the delay with this update, the shard should be going offline at the time of this post for the new patch.
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
  • purg777purg777 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    thanks for the update drannic
  • pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'll just copy this over from the thread in the news section. The new Alerts are somehow bugged:

- Ao... Mr. Worm:
    - Nice touch giving him his cult, but he lacks Enforcer class minions. ((EDIT: Nope, he has Enforcers. Mistake on my part. His Enforcers dont show up in A Day at the Mall though.))
    - His minions use VIPER dialogue in Stitch in Time.

- Madam Mayhem:
    - Again, no Enforcers, not in A Day at the Mall, Stitch in Time, Two Minute Drill or Recruiting Drive. This causes Stitch in Time to be incompleteable, because the game apparently expects those Enforcers to be there.
    - Trainstopping is also affected by missing robots. Usually only 27/30 enemies spawn.
    - Her robots also use VIPER dialogue, at least in Stitch in Time. Unintentional I hope.

- The Madstone:
    - Seems alright, the Q-Horrors dont behave strange in any way.
    - Though in her version of Pyramid Power, my team didn't get one of the random burst buffs, while the enemies did. Bug? I cant tell.

- The Hawke bi... Devana Hawke:
    - Her Mafia minions use Might powers. I mean, I'm not surprised she's an incompetent boss, but at least she could have bought them some guns.
    - Also her dialogue in Pyramid Power does not make sense, as she doesn't use the word fool, yet Dr. Ka responds with "No, you are the fool! etc." as usual.
    - I'm unable to queue for her version of Stitch in Time, Museum Heist. I get the following in chat instead of the message that I joined the queue: "Queue_Join" takes 1 argument(s). Queue_Join <string> ...believe me, I'd love to have an argument with her.

- Rockjaw:
    - Rockjaw was referring to himself as 'we' in his dialogue in Soul Siphon, an Alert where just the villain himself is fought, except for the Annelids spawned by the machine. Unless you made him have a split-personality disorder, I'm guessing that this dialogue is wrong. (Wild assumption on my part: Is it possible that Ao... Mr. Worm's and Rockjaw's dialogue have been switched? Ao... Mr. Worm seems like the kind of guy who'd refer to himself as we. ???)

Also:

- The new villains are knockable. I guess that's also unintentional.

- Every new villains lacks a proper description in their bio. Especcially with the fan-made villains it would be important to introduce them, maybe even with a short note that they are fan-created.

- I'm also getting the feeling that the dialogue of the villains may have been mixed up. I had Ao... Mr. Worm asking me to 'Back off, so no one gets hurt!', which doesn't really fit for a dimensional parasite and Madam Mayhem saying that 'Someone will pay for your hide!", which I'd expect from the Hawke bi... Devana Hawke.

EDIT: And I still cant access the PTS. Same issue as before: Crash to desktop at the character selection.

Error code: 14073910
    Handle: @Kampfykaufmann
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hmm.... seems I am getting an error this time around. I tried to run the game after patching and it crashed even before starting.

I was able to get in the PTS before this... has anyone else got this error?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
    edited July 2012
    cascadence wrote: »
    Hmm.... seems I am getting an error this time around. I tried to run the game after patching and it crashed even before starting.

I was able to get in the PTS before this... has anyone else got this error?

I got this the 1st time but the 2nd time i was able to log in.

• cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I got this the 1st time but the 2nd time i was able to log in.

AAaaand you are right Sigma, now it let me in... I wonder what was all that about??

I was getting an "error 4: invalid view" something like that at the beginning.

That was odd... lets see if further logins will make this happen, or maybe it happened because the shard was down.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cascadence wrote: »
    AAaaand you are right Sigma, now it let me in... I wonder what was all that about??

I was getting an "error 4: invalid view" something like that at the beginning.

That was odd... lets see if further logins will make this happen, or maybe it happened because the shard was down.

Really? What the hell is going on here? Am I the only one who cant access it AT ALL?
  • sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Really? What the hell is going on here? Am I the only one who cant access it AT ALL?

Sadly, no.

I'm in the same boat, still.

Haven't been able to access PTS since the first iteration of Night Warrior went up. :frown:

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    Very definitely +1 on this, though I'm more adamant about "restore Sneak's independence" than I am about "banish Shadow Strike".
    Oh and HERE IS AN IDEA THAT CRYPTIC SHOULD WRITE DOWN, you know how the cur hunter in Bloodmoon have their Sneak? It auto appiles after X seconds, we could make Sneak work so you toggle it on, and after X seconds of not dealing or recieving damage you go into sneak. It'd be kinda like a more passive version of our current sneak, it makes Sneak easier to use practically instead of turning it on over and over after every encounter.
    Perhaps as a 1-point Advantage for Sneak? While it would be nice, it doesn't strike me as a must-have.

Note that one effect of the current setup for Sneak is that if you use Evasive Maneuvers to regain stealth status, you can immediately use Sneak to make it permanent. Great for getting out of tight spots, and subject only to the Sneak cooldown.

And could we please, please, please get the boomerang and bolo powers relocated to the Archery tree? These fit Archery's basic theme of "gimmicked muscle-powered ranged weaponry" at least as well as they fit in Gadgeteer, and Archery needs to be expanded (both conceptually and mechanically) far more than Gadgeteer does.
    edited July 2012
    Very definitely +1 on this, though I'm more adamant about "restore Sneak's independence" than I am about "banish Shadow Strike".Perhaps as a 1-point Advantage for Sneak? While it would be nice, it doesn't strike me as a must-have.

Note that one effect of the current setup for Sneak is that if you use Evasive Maneuvers to regain stealth status, you can immediately use Sneak to make it permanent. Great for getting out of tight spots, and subject only to the Sneak cooldown.

Actually, When I mean our version, I meant, including the PTS buffs, this would be a mechanical change too, so it couldn't work as an advantage, its makes sneak more of a passive toggle, and it makes it harder to put on while being attacked or attacking (essentially 2-4 seconds after you are hit or get hit, you CANNOT get into sneak before then)
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    BUG: Typing in /channelname to change channels for one sentence changes the default channel to whatever you typed in.

How to reproduce:

1) Click on Local (or whatever it might be down in the bottom left of the chatbar). Change it to Group (or Zone, or a private channel, or whatever). Say something. Notice how it says it in that channel.

2) Now type in /say Something.

3) Notice how the default channel has changed to Local, despite it being something else not 5 seconds ago.

This is NOT how it currently works on Live, and would be a major pain in the rear if it got changed to this method.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • oyo32oyo32 Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey Cryptic isn't there a certain powerset you said you would look at if it was underperforming after the Form changes?

:v
    AOyJ2f6.png
  • hexcasterhexcaster Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    oyo32 wrote: »
    Hey Cryptic isn't there a certain powerset you said you would look at if it was underperforming after the Form changes?

:v

Yeah, hopefully right after they take a long look at telepathy and hold mechanics first.
    edited July 2012
    Might: Hey Cryptic, I think you owe us a little something!
    Telepathy: Get in line, buddy.
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Might: Hey Cryptic, I think you owe us a little something!
    Telepathy: Get in line, buddy.

Munitions: Hey, remember that time they made lock n load pretty good for like a week then immediately nerfed it?

Snark never dies.
    edited July 2012
    Munitions: Hey, remember that time they made lock n load pretty good for like a week then immediately nerfed it?

Single Blade: Remember me?
    TK Blades: Not at all.
  • ubusunagamiubusunagami Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would like to suggest making Sneak a toggle again. Reading the thread it looks like the idea is gaining support.

Now bug reports:

Bug: Hrodgeir's name is spelled incorrectly, he is missing art and announcer voice-over.
    Where it happens: In Alerts.
    What happens: His name appears to be spelled incorrectly in game. From the Alert I have seen (A Day at the Mall), his name in the Alert pop up is spelled correctly, but the in game character is spelled Hrodegir (the e and g need to swap). There is also no art for the icon, no name plaque, and no announcer.

Bug: Boomerang powers don't interact well with targeting computer passive.
    Where it happens: On attacking.
    What happens: Energy builder and cone attacks don't trigger targeting computer lock on. Blast seems to, but only to the first target. I believe all targets hit should gain lock-on.

Bug: Boomerang throw isn't marked as an AoE in addition to being a blast.
    Where it happens: On attacking and in menus/description.
    What happens: The boomerang throw blast attack bounces to additional targets. It looks like it should be flagged as an AoE and also trigger/benefit from AoE specializations.
  • xaadexaade Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok, from just usage experience, it feels way better.

I'd suggest one thing though, reduce the cooldown on Sneak to 10 seconds, 15 feels a little long.

As for the damage, it's still amazing during sneak, but with the cooldown it feels more balanced, much more like an assassin.
    edited July 2012
    I would like to suggest making Sneak a toggle again. Reading the thread it looks like the idea is gaining support.

Aye, I yet again push this, seperating Sneak from Night Warrior, and still, BOOSTING its perception and aggression stealth, as they both are still sorely too weak.
  • xaadexaade Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Bug:
    Gas Pellets don't target vertically (just like plasma beam... *sigh*). Now that this bug is prolific, please fix!!!!

Where it happens:
    On attacking.

What happens:
    Gas pellets land at the users height instead of the target's height. The pellets still land at the targets location, just way over their heads doing no damage.

SUPER EXPLOIT
    Pseudo Pet powers don't detoggle stealth. But they also don't benefit from the bonus damage.

Where it happens:
    On attacking.

What happens:
    Any of the sigils,, Toxic Arrow, Temporary Pet summons, Orbital Cannon, Mines, etc.

However, when target-able pets die, the enemy correctly sees through the owners stealth.

There's enough to make a viable exploit build.

Night Warrior passive
    Arcane Circle
    Fissure
    Toxic Arrow
    Ebon Rift
    Orbital Cannon

Use sneak, cast circle, cast the others. Wiped a five man hard without being targeted.
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    still crashing on character select screen, handle @apygoos
  • dataweaver42dataweaver42 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And could we please, please, please get the boomerang and bolo powers relocated to the Archery tree? These fit Archery's basic theme of "gimmicked muscle-powered ranged weaponry" at least as well as they fit in Gadgeteer, and Archery needs to be expanded (both conceptually and mechanically) far more than Gadgeteer does.
    Let me expand on this: if Boomerang Toss/Throw/Cone and Bolas are part of the Gadgeteer set, your choices for your third power are Experimental Blaster, Pulse Beam Rifle, Grapple Gun Pull; Gauntlet Chainsaw, Particle Mine; Experimental Burst Ray; Entangling Mesh; Bionic Shielding; Medical Nanites, Sonic Device, Nanobot Swarm, Concentration; or Molecular Self-Assembly. Of these, the only choice that makes sense for a boomerang hunter is Concentration; and neither the Slotted Passive nor the Energy Unlock are particularly useful to boomerangs or bolas. As well, Boomerang Cone (can we rename this as Boomerang Blitz?) and Bolas don't become available until your fifth power, and then only if you don't go outside the Gadgeteer set; if you go outside the set, you have to wait until your sixth power (level 14) before you can pick up either of them.

If the Boomerang powers and Bolas are part of the Archery set, your choices for your third power are Straight Shot, Taser Arrow; Sonic Arrow; Quarry, Concentration; Evasive Maneuvers; and Hunter's Instinct. Four of these seven are suitable to a boomerang hunter build: Quarry, Concentration, Evasive Maneuvers, and Hunter's Instinct. Note that Hunter's Instinct would be exceedingly useful for boomerangs and bolas, but only if it can affect them; and it can only affect them if they count as Archery powers.

So aside from the thematic suitability of lumping boomerangs and bolas together with bows and arrows, there's also a distinct mechanical benefit to doing so. And don't overlook the thematic suitability: gimmicked boomerangs (e.g., taser, sonic, explosive, and gas) are just as appropriate as gimmicked arrows are.

Also: I noticed that Boomerang Throw and Boomerang Cone are stated as doing extra damage if you're in stealth when you use them. There are several implications of this that need to be addressed: first, it appears that you're not getting the stealth benefits if you got the stealth through Evasive Maneuvers or Smoke Bomb; this needs to be corrected.

It also implies that these powers are supposed to be used in conjunction with Night Warrior, since Sneak is currently only available through Night Warrior. I'm going to continue advocating that this change, not in the least because the boomerang hunter who tracks his Quarry and then ambushes it from hiding is a perfectly reasonable concept to build but requires you to pair Sneak with Quarry, making it an impossible build as things stand. But another factor to this is that a Night Warrior is probably going to be heavy on Strength in order to increase the damage of his various melee attacks (Night Warrior being a Melee Passive); as such, let me repeat my earlier request that the Boomerang powers and Bola should get the Strong Arm Advantage, just like the Shuriken powers do. (And speaking of Shuriken, I haven't checked as to whether they get a damage boost from stealth; but if Boomerangs do, Shuriken should also.)

And while I'm on the subject of which powers belong in which sets: Air Strike seems like it ought to be the Munitions counterpart to Orbital Cannon, conceptually. There's nothing "super-science" about it: military forward observers have been calling in bombing runs for as long as there have been bombers.
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    theapygoos wrote: »
    still crashing on character select screen, handle @apygoos

following up, i did a clean install of PTS, and am still crashing on character select screen, please address this!
  • helosie1helosie1 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's nice you toned it down...and I use that word loosely, but at the same time..What's the point of using it now?

Also, love the new EB, though can you remove the Knock back on it? I'd rather it be knock down instead. With tons of ego, you tend to send your foes flying with it and out of range.
    edited July 2012
    General thoughts:

-CC powers still don't break sneak
    -Boomerang eb and Boomerang throw have the wrong sound fx (sounds like lighting striking)
    -I wish boomerang throw had crippling challenge or nailed to the ground.

Updated Night Warrior:
    I like it.

Night warrior/sneak/shadow strike bundle.
    I know some want sneak/shadow strike removed from it but i would prefer to see them stay together. I think this is one of those things where balance meets fun. There is no other passive that you can easly compare with to NW on a 1 to 1 basis and that is bound to cause controversy. I think this is similar to the controversy on PTS forums surrounding Reconstruction circuits, some will love it, some wont.

-This passive lets me start being an assassin immediately.
    -ATs have less powers and thus tight builds. Keeping NW/Sneak/Shadow strike bundled -will keep the AT from being one dimensional.
    -NW isn't a clone of any other passive.
    -Its fun.

edited July 2012
    xaade wrote: »
    I'd suggest one thing though, reduce the cooldown on Sneak to 10 seconds, 15 feels a little long.

You can reduce the cooldown with INT or gear.

edited July 2012
    Single Blade: Remember me?
    TK Blades: Not at all.

I'm actually ok with single blade... Sure you need to get the two chain powers from brick and supernatural, but it works fine, nonetheless. 25k Reaper's Embraces are nothing to scoff at...

Still miss my TK blades toon, the only toon i ever enjoyed PvP on. From a feared Icon that killed PvP queues after a few games, to a total joke. Thanks for that Cryptic.

Snark never dies.
    edited July 2012
    I'm actually ok with single blade...

I wont be satisfied with single blade until it has a melee lung that works like Boomerang throw and moves you around to hit near by targets.
    Or a cylinder AOE lunge with your blade.

Any good samurai/ninja/swordsman should be able to move through a crowd with his sword in one stroke and kill every one before they realize they're dead.

Give me a power like the one in the link for single blade when the time comes.

• dagconfaraday#1221 dagconfaraday Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Updated Night Warrior:
    I like it.

Night warrior/sneak/shadow strike bundle.
    I know some want sneak/shadow strike removed from it but i would prefer to see them stay together. I think this is one of those things where balance meets fun. There is no other passive that you can easly compare with to NW on a 1 to 1 basis and that is bound to cause controversy. I think this is similar to the controversy on PTS forums surrounding Reconstruction circuits, some will love it, some wont.

-This passive lets me start being an assassin immediately.
    -ATs have less powers and thus tight builds. Keeping NW/Sneak/Shadow strike bundled -will keep the AT from being one dimensional.
    -NW isn't a clone of any other passive.
    -Its fun.

Okay, lets use that reasoning.

- I want a passive lets me start being a power armored hero immediately. (There's a device for that actually at no pwer cost, just have to earn it. There's also a device to be a Cyber Ninja that apparently doesn't have Night Warrior, go figure. Anyway both devices can't be used in PvP. Could we also get Night Warrior to not be available in PvP?)
    - I want all AT's to get two additional powers for their passive.
    - It's not by definition a passive. If anything I'd call it passive aggressive.
    - So is a healbot. But we need to spend a point to get those.

I know what this reminds me of: I'll pick my EB (Primary Powerset) and then pick my Passive(Secondary Powerset) and then basically give me a tree of powers that coincide with that specific playstyle. Where have I played that game before..hmm.

I honestly don't mind the additional powers if it wasn't a slotted passive. Here's a good example.

Controllable Pets:
    They come with a whole bunch of additional quirks. Though you have to activate the power first before getting them. They even have additional menus for them.

Here's a thought. Use that. It's consistant. Activate Sneak; then that menu pops up that provides a shadow strike + any other ability that seems cool to have in it.

If you want to reapply sneak, it has a "Hide" button that reapplies Sneak even though the toggle is active.

It's still not a passive power.

At this point you really don't need to keep reiterrating what you want, cause you've said your piece and apparently Crush is on your side currently. After 3 patches its safe to assume you're getting what you want.

I'm sure I come off as annoying as this as well; so I'll shut it if you do too. Deal?

Aside from that:
    New Daily Mission - Red Banner Daily: Streets Run Red
    This new daily mission can be picked up from The Drifter in Ren Center.

Is there a pre-requisite? Drifter doesn't seem to have this mission currently. Tried with a level 20 toon and a level 40.

The guy who formally posted as @Sky_Commander. Now posts as: "劫"
    edited July 2012
    I wont be satisfied with single blade until it has a melee lung that works like Boomerang throw and moves you around to hit near by targets.
    Or a cylinder AOE lunge with your blade.

Any good samurai/ninja/swordsman should be able to move through a crowd with his sword in one stroke and kill every one before they realize they're dead.

Give me a power like the one in the link for single blade when the time comes.

If they'd just make tier 4 powers for each individual set that actually qualify as "Ultimates" instead of the crappy meta-powers we got, that might be possible. I highly doubt it will ever happen, but there's no real reason it can't.

Snark never dies.
    edited July 2012
    At this point you really don't need to keep reiterrating what you want, cause you've said your piece

I just wanted to expand on my thoughts on the issue since i was already doing a more detailed analysis of my 3nd look NW. I also wanted to take a more clear stance on it because in the last thread i was siding with the "separate them" crowd.

In the first thread i was like "keep them together".
    Then with the next patch i was like "separate them"
    Now Ive flipfloped again and decided i like them together again.

I'm not spamming i just keep changing my mind as the patches update so i have to update my opinion as well.

• purg777purg777 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Sneak/Shadow strike aside, the Passive is much more in line with the rest of them now. Crush's #'s "nerf" was pretty spot on. Good job sir!

As to making the other 2 things seperate, I guess we see what Crush and the team decide since they are still playing with advantages and stuff.
  • ubusunagamiubusunagami Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Update to the bug below:
    Bug: Hrodgeir's name is spelled incorrectly, he is missing art and announcer voice-over.
    Where it happens: In Alerts.
    What happens: His name appears to be spelled incorrectly in game. From the Alert I have seen (A Day at the Mall), his name in the Alert pop up is spelled correctly, but the in game character is spelled Hrodegir (the e and g need to swap). There is also no art for the icon, no name plaque, and no announcer.

After the patch to Live today, it appears that the missing art and announcer are fixed, but his name is still spelled wrong in-game, and in the art. Subsequently, the announcer says his name wrong.
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm actually ok with single blade... Sure you need to get the two chain powers from brick and supernatural, but it works fine, nonetheless. 25k Reaper's Embraces are nothing to scoff at...

Still miss my TK blades toon, the only toon i ever enjoyed PvP on. From a feared Icon that killed PvP queues after a few games, to a total joke. Thanks for that Cryptic.

R.I.P. Melee Telekinesis.

edited July 2012
    I think Night Warrior should revolve more about the Sneak part than anything else.

I say get rid of Shadow Strike completely and focus on making Sneak better so existing powers can take on the role of Shadow Strike. This way everybody can be happy.

Stealth should be built into Night Warrior just like with Shadowform and Sneak should be your power to get back into stealth while in combat with maybe a 5 second cooldown as long as you are not attacked or attack yourself.

Make the passive squishier if you must, at least it'll be in line with its theme.

(The whole point of an assassin type class is to remain hidden and when you are spotted you are usually dead, it seems they are trying to go for this but are not getting it right.)
    edited July 2012
    More things i noticed after playing "out in the wild"
    Build:
    at lv 25
    Boomerang toss
    Boomerang throw
    Bionic shielding
    Unbreakable
    Dragons Claws
    Form of the Tempest
    Evasive Maneuvers
    SS: Int,103/DEX,103/Pre,44

Shadow Striking in a high perception (elite) PVE environment:
    I have a hard time getting off shadow strike on elite (even as an alpha strike) because mobs will knock me out of sneak before Shadow strike hits (placing it on cooldown:frown:).
    This wouldn't be much of a problem if not for the new charge time on Shadow strike, although i can see why it was added. I suggest a way to temporarily lower Shadow strikes charge time for use on mobs that can see through sneak (see below).

Part of the problem may be that I'm already agroing elite mobs as im closing for a shadow strike. Being able to use a lunge before a shadow strike would probably buy me enough time to charge shadow strike on an elite mob.

Suggestion1:
    Provide a 1 pint advantage that makes Smoke bomb lunge not do any damage so that it wont break sneak. The stun would be replaced with a root So that players in pvp would still have a chance to react to it.
    With an advantage like this you could quickly and precisely be where you need to be to shadow strike and probably have time to charge shadow strike before mob agro spoils it. If that isn't enough...

Suggestion2: Also change smoke bomb lunge advantage "Sudden Strike", removing the Crit severity buff and replace it with a -charge speed bonus you your next attack. A lunge that does no damage and has a -charge speed bonus would surely allow players to Shadow strike reliably on elite.
    This advantage would also be more generally useful for builds that arnt crit/dragon claws focused. EX: Haymaker

General:

-The main thing i noticed is that poison makes it hard to enter sneak in combat. If you do it at all, you have to use EM and duck off to the side while poison wears off. This is not a complaint just an observation.

-I don't find the Sneak dmg buff that useful when not shadow striking or alpha striking. In other words i wouldn't try to enter sneak in combat if shadow strike isn't up unless i just don't have agro at the moment.

-I wish ego placate worked with sneak similer to how placate works in COX. I would like a way to quickly drop agro and enter sneak on just one mob.

-stealth is much less effective when in an environment full of ambushes (whiteout).

• dagconfaraday#1221 dagconfaraday Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just wanted to expand on my thoughts on the issue since i was already doing a more detailed analysis of my 3nd look NW. I also wanted to take a more clear stance on it because in the last thread i was siding with the "separate them" crowd.

In the first thread i was like "keep them together".
    Then with the next patch i was like "separate them"
    Now Ive flipfloped again and decided i like them together again.

I'm not spamming i just keep changing my mind as the patches update so i have to update my opinion as well.

Okay that's fair. I don't recall your opinion swaying in the last thread so if it did; then that's cool.

Then I'll be the stubborn one and shut my trap as I've said my piece and it hasn't changed in the latest patch. It's not like it matters much.
    rafahil893 wrote: »
    I think Night Warrior should revolve more about the Sneak part than anything else.

I say get rid of Shadow Strike completely and focus on making Sneak better so existing powers can take on the role of Shadow Strike. This way everybody can be happy.

Stealth should be built into Night Warrior just like with Shadowform and Sneak should be your power to get back into stealth while in combat with maybe a 5 second cooldown as long as you are not attacked or attack yourself.

Make the passive squishier if you must, at least it'll be in line with its theme.

(The whole point of an assassin type class is to remain hidden and when you are spotted you are usually dead, it seems they are trying to go for this but are not getting it right.)

I am for the highlighted of this however. :smile: Provided that a separation was to happen.

The guy who formally posted as @Sky_Commander. Now posts as: "劫"