What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Very Poor Timing Cryptic

2»

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    I liked better when russians and USA were friends...

What is this thread about again?

*searchs for more coffee*

I like Russia cause of Tetris. That is all.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You're all being really racist. You act like Russia was the only place effected by the ban...what, China doesn't matter?

Furthermore, if you accuse Cryptic of being racist, and say that CO has racist content, then if you continue to play CO you're supporting racism. So hey, up to you... do you support racism, or are you ready to stop being stupid?

EDIT: Also, independence day had nothing to do with america vs russia... it was america vs the british empire.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • ziploc332ziploc332 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, but we don't wanna make a bad guy with a British accent, that's politically incorrect these days.

That, and nobody is topping Bakura from Yu-gi-oh Abridged.
    edited July 2012
    bad guys with british accents are politically incorrect? ....then why do I remember almost every villian ever having some form of british accent... and the rest had german accents.... and then whatever's left over is Nicolas Cage and John Travolta.

• towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    smoochan wrote: »
    You're all being really racist. You act like Russia was the only place effected by the ban...what, China doesn't matter?

Furthermore, if you accuse Cryptic of being racist, and say that CO has racist content, then if you continue to play CO you're supporting racism. So hey, up to you... do you support racism, or are you ready to stop being stupid?

EDIT: Also, independence day had nothing to do with america vs russia... it was america vs the british empire.

Who said any of this was racist?
    OH that's right, it was you trying to put a ridiculous spin on this and blow it even more out of proportion than it already is.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    edited July 2012
    Who said any of this was racist?
    OH that's right, it was you trying to put a ridiculous spin on this and blow it even more out of proportion than it already is.

Actually, I'm trying to get others to stop blowing it out of proportion. I commend your attempt at trying to start more drama though, but I'm not interested, so no thank you.

• kurbeewankenobikurbeewankenobi Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The only "blowing out of proportion" is that people are assuming the OP and people posting regarding the poor timing are doing anything more than pointing out that Cryptic could have spent a second to think about what is happening in the forums and how the content could possibly relate to it, intended or not. As someone with a Russian friend who is genuinely upset that they might lose access to the game, I DID see some issue with the timing, as did they. This isn't anything to do with race, or some conspiracy involving Cryptic hating Russians. We merely ask that Cryptic be more aware, even if they are unable to post things regarding the Region Ban and how we've seen nothing positive in terms of a result.

Good job trying to bring racism into it, Smoochan. You've accomplished so much.

@Kurbee - Join date: Nov 09. Interested in costume contests? Join the 'Contests' channel to see advertisements for CC's occurring every day.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ziploc332 wrote: »
    ...nobody is topping Bakura from Yu-gi-oh Abridged.
    I, ah, had no idea Bakura was into that sort of thing... :wink:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited July 2012

Good job trying to bring racism into it, Smoochan. You've accomplished so much.

I didn't bring the racism, I just pointed it out. Finding racism is never an accomplishment, only getting rid of it is.

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nationalism, not racism. Let's keep our bigotry straight, folks.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!