Install Arc
Options

PTS Update FC.28.20120605P.3

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited June 2012 in PTS - The Archive
PTS update FC.28.20120605P.3
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 7:00pm PST

Greeting!

In tonight's PTS update, we included a few fixes for the five-man Custom Alert called "Harmon Labs".

If you missed the description from the last update:
  • In this Alert, players will face off against Warlord and his mercenaries as they take over the lab in search of new Power Armor technology.....which I'm pretty sure they'll use for bad-guy stuff.
  • To queue for Harmon Labs, you can either click on the custom Alert button, or you can click the queue button next to the minimap and select the "Harmon Labs" in the Alerts tab.

Harmon Labs Alert:
  • Adjusted the volume that defines if you team wiped or not. This should remedy issues with players being identified as dead (or entire team wiped if they all happen to be in this volume)
  • Adjusted lock-out pane
  • Added effects indicator to show players which wall needs to be destroyed to trigger the Warlord fight.
  • Environment updates throughout laboratory and Warlord room.
  • Warlord's Mercenaries are now correctly identified as being members of the "Shadow Army"

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Known Issues:
  • Rewards are not final
  • Environment art is a work-in progress, and players may notice some minor art issues
  • Players may experience some occlusion issues in certain parts of the map
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2012
    yay new patch :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thank you for giving the Warlord his Shadow Army :). Looking forward to seeing the changes.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Any more PA fixes in there? For example, are you fixing Infrared Guidance System? It's 2 points on Live but the Live patch notes claim it's 1 point.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Pulsewave wrote:
    ISSUE: Ranking up Targeting Computer does not adjust 'Lock On' mode at all. This is not standard for other offensive passives, where all aspects of the power improve with rank.

The 5% critical chance and 10% critical severity should increase with rank. With the 20% standard improvement, this would be 6%/12% at Rank2 and 7%/14% at Rank3. Ideally, the lock-on time should shorten as well by roughly a half-second per increased rank.

BUG: Some Power Armor attacks do not trigger 'Lock On' mode. (Plasma Beam, Eye Beams)

BUG: Targeting Computer's Lock On does not buff severity on its target.

Targeting Computer does not buff Laser swords

And if the Power Armor Pass is over, can we get a dev confirmation on that please?
    We haven't seen any adjustments between the PTS push from June 1 and whats live on June 8th. Did the PA review end last week then?

Its frustrating to have the PA pass seemingly over without Targeting Computer being at least bug fixed if not allowed to buff the new melee powers added to the framework. This is especialy frusterating because a passive is the centerpiece of a framework.

I can at least know to stop complaining about Targeting Commputer if i know the PA review was over for sure.:o
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    can we also see a buff to targeting computers bonus to damage? to me doesnt feel like it gives as much as others...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Lightstick wrote:
    can we also see a buff to targeting computers bonus to damage? to me doesnt feel like it gives as much as others...

It provides the same damage buff as Quarry does for physical attacks. Which in my opinion is just fine. Now it needs to do all the other cool stuff in the tooltip. Scale those same benefits with rank and affect melee tech powers.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    If you haven't finished with the laser sword mele would it be possible to create a laser sword mele passive that offered the option of dual weilding.

At rank one it could be something similar to this
    +30% to Physical Particle damage
    +12% Ranged Particle damage
    +5% all damage resistance
    26% Energy damage resistance
    13% power cost discount to Energy powers
    Small energy gain when struck by Energy damage
    Rank Two:
    +37% to Physical Particle damage
    +22% to Ranged Particle damage
    +6.6% all damage resistance
    34% Energy damage resistance
    16% power cost discount to Energy powers
    Rank Three:
    +45% to Physical Particle damage
    +29% to Ranged Particle damage
    +5% all damage resistance
    39% Energy damage resistance
    20% power cost discount to Energy powers
    Advantage:
    Two for the Price of one (0 Advantage points)

This was based of the ID Mastery and Mentalist passives. But you guys get the general idea hopefully then we could take some powers from gadetering tree(particle rifle..etc) and add them. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    *post deleted by user*
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    No one is on PTS to test this stuff. you guys need to set a specific time for things like this and offer action figures as a reward or else it will be impossible to get 5 ppl together to test the alert.

Also......
    FIX TARGETING COMPUTER.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    has anyone seen the drops for this run?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    i think more people are testing and still finding pa to not be finished to go and test stuff on pts, we need a update fromthe devs to see if the few remaining pa issues are going to be looked at or if it is finished as is. MORE COMMUNICATION DEVS!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I agreee to this come on devs say more please
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Sigma7 wrote:
    Also......
    FIX TARGETING COMPUTER.
    Zellgarith wrote:
    i think more people are testing and still finding pa to not be finished to go and test stuff on pts, we need a update fromthe devs to see if the few remaining pa issues are going to be looked at or if it is finished as is. MORE COMMUNICATION DEVS!
    Both of these posts say something needs fixing but neither explains what actually needs fixing/what the issues are. If we players want them to fix stuff, we need to communicate what is wrong/not working as we think it should, not just point and say "this is broke, fix now". Besides, this post was made before they left for the weekend, most of them probably have not finished their Monday morning meetings as I post this.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Temprus wrote:
    Both of these posts say something needs fixing but neither explains what actually needs fixing/what the issues are. If we players want them to fix stuff, we need to communicate what is wrong/not working as we think it should, not just point and say "this is broke, fix now". Besides, this post was made before they left for the weekend, most of them probably have not finished their Monday morning meetings as I post this.

Why are you in here telling people to do things that have already been done?

I guess you didn't notice the stickyed PA changes thread here: Link:rolleyes:

It also seems you haven't even bothered to read the whole thread, because in addition to asking for Targeting computer to be fixed, i also posted exactly whats wrong with it in post number #5 of this thread.
    You should be able to find it but ill post a link just for you: LINK:rolleyes:

Maybe you should read before telling people what they need to do or how they need to do it...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I looked into Targeting Computer this morning, and it is correctly buffing severity. Can you guys list what attacks are not properly triggering the lock on effect so I have a little more direction to look in?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ah hey Crush when is the state of the game and until report comeing?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Sigma7 wrote:
    Why are you in here telling people to do things that have already been done?

I guess you didn't notice the stickyed PA changes thread here: Link:rolleyes:

It also seems you haven't even bothered to read the whole thread, because in addition to asking for Targeting computer to be fixed, i also posted exactly whats wrong with it in post number #5 of this thread.
    You should be able to find it but ill post a link just for you: LINK:rolleyes:

Maybe you should read before telling people what they need to do or how they need to do it...
    My bad, I failed to realize that you never read the description of Targeting Computer, just as I failed to realize you wrote both posts 5 & 10. You requested a complete change to a power, not a fix (not an unreasonable request but it is not a fix). Then 5 posts later, you request that same "fix" again, less than 20 hours later and on a weekend no less. So, yeah, my bad for calling you out and not seeing you posted stuff multiple times so close together. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I looked into Targeting Computer this morning, and it is correctly buffing severity. Can you guys list what attacks are not properly triggering the lock on effect so I have a little more direction to look in?

Attacks that do not trigger 'Lock On' mode would be Plasma Beam, Eye Beams & PA melee powers.

Apparently ranking up Targeting Computer does not adjust 'Lock On' mode.

"The 5% critical chance and 10% critical severity should increase with rank. With the 20% standard improvement, this would be 6%/12% at Rank2 and 7%/14% at Rank3. Ideally, the lock-on time should shorten as well by roughly a half-second per increased rank." - Pulsewave

This is what I found through the thread, I honestly haven't verified any of this myself. Just a messenger. :)

Everything else I've been seeing was more leaning towards suggestions requests for more stuff.

Oh.. UPDATE: Targeting Computer's Lock On does not buff severity on its target was based on the below test:

"I tested it on a lv30 dummy and Kiga.
    I used Sniper Rifle as the test power because it does not have a damage variance, and Quarry vs Target Computer as passives because they buff for the same amount(75%). On the dummy, Sniper Rifle crit for 11251 with both passives. I made sure Lock On was... locked on... and didn't have any stacks of Audacity. Tested it on Kiga with the same result of 10313 crit with both passives." - Originally Posted by titotito
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Attacks that do not trigger 'Lock On' mode would be Plasma Beam, Eye Beams & PA melee powers.

Just as a quick note. The tooltip of this power states that it only affects ranged technology attacks... so yeah, not working with PA sabers its quite expected (unless they are a weird exception). Though the other two powers might be a bug indeed, haven't tested myself though.

Edit: Also while im here... I know the next ones are not part of this particular test focus but for sake of logging them here they are:

Bug: Force Cascade energy form cancel keeps refreshing
    What happens: After using Force Cascade, the Energy Form Cancel keeps refreshing with your energy builder (in my case force bolts). This happens as well on live. I am using Kinetic Manipulation. It seems this bug happens when you aquire any of the specialization buffs. A quick way to replicate this bug its to slot Kickback from Endurance Specialization... since it refreshes the buff with every blast of your Energy Builder, the Energy Form Cancel will keep refreshing indefinitely.

Bug: Characters at the login screen seem to have lost their lighting.
    What happens: I am not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but the characters at the login screen don't have any lighting at all... this is really troublesome when creating new characters from that tailor. Its hard to tell apart leather from cloth... honestly the old lighting needs to come back

Bug: Thundering Kicks its not being considered a combo
    What happens: Any specialization that improves combo its not affecting Thundering Kicks at all.

Bug: Fault Line its being considered a Single Target Ranged Attack
    What happens: Its logic that Fault Line should be considered a Ranged AoE Attack. But when it comes to specializations, it doesn't recognize it as one, and it only benefits from single target specialization perks.

Edit #2: I just checked the PTS and both eye beams and plasma beam give the "lock on" debuff on the target
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Will re-test on live after work later this afternoon.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

I just did some testing. As posted before, plasma beam wasn't debuffing with lock on, right now on the PTS its working fine.

Though... eye beams seem to be still bugged. It will lock on the primary target, but after it burns through it, it won't debuff the secondary targets.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

I really hate to nag, but can we get a word on why Targeting Computer cant buff Laser Swords?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Sigma7 wrote:
    I really hate to nag, but can we get a word on why Targeting Computer cant buff Laser Swords?

I still don't understand why targeting computer can't lock on immediately - if I'm using Quarry, I get audacity stacks as soon as I attack. If I'm using Defiance, I get stacks of defiant as soon as I take damage. Why have a delay at all? Three seconds may seem like a short time, but in that span the enemies could already be dead or I could have already been defeated...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    biostem wrote:
    I still don't understand why targeting computer can't lock on immediately - if I'm using Quarry, I get audacity stacks as soon as I attack. If I'm using Defiance, I get stacks of defiant as soon as I take damage. Why have a delay at all? Three seconds may seem like a short time, but in that span the enemies could already be dead or I could have already been defeated...

Ya know, just realized that Quarry only stacks max 3 times, would it make more sense if Targeting Computer incrementally buffs for each second till it's Locked On? I honestly don't know if it already works that way; but it's a thought, and would make a more reasonable explanation for it.

I'm thinking that a single Lock On is equivalent to 3 stacks of Audacity.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    biostem wrote:

Well if we were to go by what Pulse wave was saying, The lock on function should be affected by ranking up TC. This would make lock on shorten by "roughly a 1/2 second per rank".

GC seems to be implying that TC is working as intended, but TC is the only passive that has major features that are not affected by rank. Audacity and Dodge chance increase with rank on Quarry but Lock on cant be ranked up?
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Power Bolt, the new energy builder
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Re-tested the severity part of Targeting Computer's Lock On and it works :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Temprus wrote:
    My bad, I failed to realize that you never read the description of Targeting Computer, just as I failed to realize you wrote both posts 5 & 10. You requested a complete change to a power, not a fix (not an unreasonable request but it is not a fix). Then 5 posts later, you request that same "fix" again, less than 20 hours later and on a weekend no less. So, yeah, my bad for calling you out and not seeing you posted stuff multiple times so close together. :rolleyes:

No need to get snarky, when your the one that called me out.
    1. since when are tool tips the barometer for working as intended on PTS? Time will tell if TC is working as intended. whatever the case, features not scaling with rank is not standard and thus can be assumed to be a bug if there are no similar powers that behave in a similar way.
    2. my 2nd post was about me not being able to find ppl to to test the new alert with. I just mentioned fix TC at the end just in case the devs missed it.... like you apparently did. Don't misquote me.
    3. just because i posted Friday and then posted again on Saturday doesn't mean that I'm spamming.

Don't jump down my throat just because you leaped without looking....
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    titotito wrote:
    Good.

If we had a patch note on that fix we could have avoided some confusion.:)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Sigma7 wrote:

Because Targeting Computer only affects ranged Technology powers?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    titotito wrote:

That's cool to know. Any idea if this is already on Live?
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Thanks GC. Plasma Beam did not trigger 'Lock On' mode at all in my tests. Eye Beams did not trigger 'Lock On' mode for targets affected by the AoE 'pass-through' damage. The primary target of Eye Beams does trigger 'Lock On' mode properly, but enemies that are hit once the beam 'passes through' are unaffected by 'Lock On.'

Any chance that you could comment on 'Lock On' critical buffs not scaling at all with rank? This just looks like an oversight. When testing the DPS versus Quarry, Electric Form, and Kinetic Manip I noticed that this aspect of Targeting Computer is the only thing that is not affected by rank:

Ranking up Targeting Computer does not adjust 'Lock On' mode at all. This is not standard for other offensive passives, where all aspects of the power improve with rank.

The 5% critical chance and 10% critical severity should increase with rank. With the 20% standard improvement, this would be 6%/12% at Rank2 and 7%/14% at Rank3. Ideally, the lock-on time should shorten as well by .6 seconds per increased rank.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Pulsewave wrote:
    That's cool to know. Any idea if this is already on Live?

Yeah, I tested it on Live only... at the cost of lots of G :( Edit :But all I tested was the severity part of Lock On and with Sniper Rifle only. All that other stuff you all want to add sounds good hehe
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Because Targeting Computer only affects ranged Technology powers?
    I was just wondering why PA melee attacks aren't buffed by the PA offensive passive. At the moment i have to use electric form to buff laser swords. TC would be more in line with my theme and the crit motif of the build. Other passives buff ranged and melee so i don't understand what would be so unbalancing about letting me use TC in brawler with laser swords if i can do the same with electric form (which has no melee attacks in its framework). Fab, are you really surprised that people would want to do this?

Any way, I give up.
    If the devs (or captain fab) think laser swords and TC are to OP together than so be it. :cool:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Sigma7 wrote:
    I was just wondering why PA melee attacks aren't buffed by the PA offensive passive. At the moment i have to use electric form to buff laser swords. TC would be more in line with my theme and the crit motif of the build. Other passives buff ranged and melee so i don't understand what would be so unbalancing about letting me use TC in brawler with laser swords if i can do the same with electric form (which has no melee attacks in its framework). Fab, are you really surprised that people would want to do this?

Any way, I give up.
    If the devs (or captain fab) think laser swords and TC are to OP together than so be it. :cool:

When TC was redesigned the only melee attack in the set was Laser Sword. Other sets in the Tech framework have a few smatterings of melee powers but not many. So it makes sense to me that a framework that's 90+% ranged powers gets a passive that only buffs ranged abilities.

This is also not uncommon within the game. Brick has a number of ranged powers, yet the Brick offensive passive, Unstoppable, only buffs melee attacks. If you're a ranged Earth character you have to look elsewhere (helllloooo Quarry!)

If you're asking why TC is currently not affecting PA's melee attacks it's because it's not designed to. If you're asking why it's not designed to, well, that question I can't answer. Whether it should be that way or not is another question I can't answer.

My only objection to TC being changed to buff all Technology damage is that it seems somewhat counter to the spirit/flavor of the power. The idea of locking on with a crosshair isn't something you'd do with a melee weapon.

Now if there weren't any passives that buffed PA's melee attacks then I'd say you'd have a much stronger argument, but as you've mentioned Electric Form gives full buff value to all particle damage while Quarry and Way of the Warrior give reduced buffs.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    This new alert is pretty sweet. Warlord has a nice radio effect to his voice, yet I know I've heard the voice actor before plenty of times in CO before. Would be nice to maybe get some new talent to spice some things up.(lot of characters without voices :P)

While there is a challenge to the endboss and you can fail it, I really can't see pick up groups winning the alert. I'm not saying to nerf it, I'm just seeing a lot of people complaining about it.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I cant tell if you agree with me or not. The vibe im getting from you is that you disagree with me but then you say.
    Whether it should be that way or not is another question I can't answer.
    You said a lot of other stuff in that post but the message is diluted especially by the above quote.

I ask that you state in a concise way what your stance is on TC and melee and if you are in opposition to what i am suggesting before i go any further with this conversation. I'm willing to talk about this TC and laser blades with you but im not in the mood the useless circular arguments that happen on these forms some times.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Sigma7 wrote:
    I cant tell if you agree with me or not. The vibe im getting from you is that you disagree with me but then you say.

You said a lot of other stuff in that post but the message is diluted especially by the above quote.

I ask that you state in a concise way what your stance is on TC and melee and if you are in opposition to what i am suggesting before i go any further with this conversation. I'm willing to talk about this TC and laser blades with you but im not in the mood the useless circular arguments that happen on these forms some times.

Well I was a bit flip-floppy cause in all honesty I'm really not that vested in it. I don't care much either way.

As I stated before the only reason I would justify keeping TC ranged-only is thematic. It just doesn't make sense for that effect to be used with melee powers. But if the devs decide to change it, I'm fine with that.

But if you want me to take a definitive stance I can. Do I think TC should be changed to buff melee? Probably not, for the reason I listed above. If there was no passive that you could use I would probably lobby for a new passive to be created specifically to fit this need. But there are available options. So I'm not entirely convinced this is something that needs to be addressed.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Well I was a bit flip-floppy cause in all honesty I'm really not that vested in it. I don't care much either way.

As I stated before the only reason I would justify keeping TC ranged-only is thematic. It just doesn't make sense for that effect to be used with melee powers. But if the devs decide to change it, I'm fine with that.

But if you want me to take a definitive stance I can. Do I think TC should be changed to buff melee? Probably not, for the reason I listed above. If there was no passive that you could use I would probably lobby for a new passive to be created specifically to fit this need. But there are available options. So I'm not entirely convinced this is something that needs to be addressed.
    Ok, this is more clear.

As for theme being a reason for for targeting computer not buffing melee:
    1. Theme is subjective. Recall my statement from post #35
    Sigma7 wrote:
    TC would be more in line with my theme

TC and laser swords may not work for a jedi theme but they work for any robotic or cybernetic theme.
    All computer aided weapons systems will have some form of lock on. It is also not unusual for laser swords and Targeting Computers to be used together. For example:
    • Armored Core
    • All Gundam video games
    • Metal Gear Rising
    Just off the top of my head, all of these video games are well established franchises that use Targeting computer in conjunction with swords.

2. Also you say there are other alternatives but the alternatives are in many cases less thematically appropriate. As i said, i am currently using Electric form and the Electric aura covers up my costume and clashes with my theme. If im a robot hunting you down, the target on your body is more thematic and also does not obstruct my costume. Also, my laser sword is crit based and would benefit form the crit bonus from lock on so it would be a win/win.

Theme is very important in CO and that is all the more reason to expand Targeting Computer to accommodate more themes.
    As long as TC and laser blades are not over powered, there is no reason not to allow it.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Sigma7 wrote:
    Ok, this is more clear.

As for theme being a reason for for targeting computer not buffing melee:
    1. Theme is subjective. Recall my statement from post #35

TC and laser swords may not work for a jedi theme but they work for any robotic or cybernetic theme.
    All computer aided weapons systems will have some form of lock on. It is also not unusual for laser swords and Targeting Computers to be used together. For example:
    • Armored Core
    • All Gundam video games
    • Metal Gear Rising
    Just off the top of my head, all of these video games are well established franchises that use Targeting computer in conjunction with swords.

2. Also you say there are other alternatives but the alternatives are in many cases less thematically appropriate. As i said, i am currently using Electric form and the Electric aura covers up my costume and clashes with my theme. If im a robot hunting you down, the target on your body is more thematic and also does not obstruct my costume. Also, my laser sword is crit based and would benefit form the crit bonus from lock on so it would be a win/win.

Theme is very important in CO and that is all the more reason to expand Targeting Computer to accommodate more themes.
    As long as TC and laser blades are not over powered, there is no reason not to allow it.

A well-reasoned stance, but ultimately I'm not the one you need to convince.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Malvourus wrote:
    This new alert is pretty sweet. Warlord has a nice radio effect to his voice, yet I know I've heard the voice actor before plenty of times in CO before. Would be nice to maybe get some new talent to spice some things up.(lot of characters without voices :P)

While there is a challenge to the endboss and you can fail it, I really can't see pick up groups winning the alert. I'm not saying to nerf it, I'm just seeing a lot of people complaining about it.

I have to say I'm in love with Warlord's voice. After Redsnake's, erm.... interesting voice direction, I was a little worried about new characters being added. But Warlord's voice is just so fitting that my faith has been restored.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    A well-reasoned stance, but ultimately I'm not the one you need to convince.
    Sadly, your rite.
    But im not about to go on a year long forum crusade to for this.
    *solutes the people that finally got eye beams buffed*:o
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    !Bug Force Detonation and Force Geyser do not add a stack of Concentration when used from more than 25'
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I actually don't see Targeting Computer as needing to buff Laser Swords. It's a melee power and realistically doesn't need targeting system to make more effective.

In game however, I see the issue of playing a hybrid PA build and having the only Slotted Passive that could benefit you offensively only benefit half of the set.

Maybe instead of having Targeting Computer buff Laser Swords, Have Laser Sword's advantages or inherent attributes utilize Targeting Computer. i.e. If Locked On, Laser Sword critical strikes better?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I actually don't see Targeting Computer as needing to buff Laser Swords. It's a melee power and realistically doesn't need targeting system to make more effective.

In game however, I see the issue of playing a hybrid PA build and having the only Slotted Passive that could benefit you offensively only benefit half of the set.

Maybe instead of having Targeting Computer buff Laser Swords, Have Laser Sword's advantages or inherent attributes utilize Targeting Computer. i.e. If Locked On, Laser Sword critical strikes better?

Quarry is a good choice for hybrid PAs as it buffs everything to some degree.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Quarry is a good choice for hybrid PAs as it buffs everything to some degree.

Which is true. Unfortunately that makes Quarry a better overall choice for most passives in the Tech family. That doesn't help with the balance of If I pick Targeting Computer, I get X but sacrifice Y, if I get Quarry I get Y but sacrifice X, there should still have something in both Quarry and Targeting Computer that has an inherent "base" benefit that makes "Jack of All Trades, Master of none" within the Technology family.

I just only see that the power's themselves should take better advantage of the buffs rather than changes made directly to the Slotted Passives, like they could even incorporate advantages to Archery powers if Audacity is in effect in the same way.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Which is true. Unfortunately that makes Quarry a better overall choice for most passives in the Tech family. That doesn't help with the balance of If I pick Targeting Computer, I get X but sacrifice Y, if I get Quarry I get Y but sacrifice X, there should still have something in both Quarry and Targeting Computer that has an inherent "base" benefit that makes "Jack of All Trades, Master of none" within the Technology family.

I just only see that the power's themselves should take better advantage of the buffs rather than changes made directly to the Slotted Passives, like they could even incorporate advantages to Archery powers if Audacity is in effect in the same way.

But pretty much all the passives are like that. None of them offer complete scope in any area. Quarry is actually one of the better ones in that it literally buffs everything to some degree.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    It would be nice if there were a Quarry alternative (not that Quarry isn't nice, but rather because it is so nice).
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    But pretty much all the passives are like that. None of them offer complete scope in any area. Quarry is actually one of the better ones in that it literally buffs everything to some degree.

And that makes me want to "nerf" Quarry in that case. I wouldn't want to, but if everything is working in that none offer complete scope in benefits except Quarry. Then Quarry is the problem child in the bunch.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    And that makes me want to "nerf" Quarry in that case. I wouldn't want to, but if everything is working in that none offer complete scope in benefits except Quarry. Then Quarry is the problem child in the bunch.

Not really, cause Quarry gives a lower overall buff than the others as compensation.