Install Arc
Options

PTS Update FC.26.20120404a.0

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    BUG

The daily missions from SOCRATES that require doing 3 of the same type of ALERT (Smash, Burst, or Grab) are still completing with only one of those ALERTS having been completed. The mission states 0/3 next to them. If they are suppose to complete in just one, then this needs to be fixed. If they are not, then this bug should have been nipped a while ago.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    BUG: Uncompleted CTP Missions complete but have no Contact to turn them into

When you log into PTS, any uncompleted CTP missions will refresh into completed ones telling you to return them to original contact, which currently do not exist.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    RoBoBo wrote:
    Which purples, where, how..

All of the Malvan gear is level 1. That's as far as I know since I haven't found any REAL purples.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    RoBoBo wrote:
    Which purples, where, how..

All the purple gear from PvP, Silver Champion, Refined Questionite vendors appear as level 1. It's possible the Silver Champion and Questionite pieces are working properly, but we are unable to buy them due to lack of tokens/questionite. The PvP pieces are actually level 1 while equipped.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    BUG: Ooze Tunneling gains Earthen Embrace for free.
    BUG: If you're highlighting an item in the inventory when you try to chat, it won't allow you to.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    BUG

Unable to fuse mods together in this build. Tried out int he field and tried at the crafting tables. The Fuse button continues to stay grayed out.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sentinel Mastery does not work.

I *really* hope it works against mobs that can't be controlled at least for a few seconds, otherwise it's worthless.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    BUG

Items dropped in ALERTS are free for all, not need or greed.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    BUG

Unable to fuse mods together in this build. Tried out int he field and tried at the crafting tables. The Fuse button continues to stay grayed out.

Mysticism works. Arms Tutorial did not work, was greyed out. Did not try regular arms. Have not tried any science.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    BUG

Items dropped in ALERTS are free for all, not need or greed.

what was the drop?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    It is not possible to remove specialization tree talents. Specialization tree talents do not show up under removing powers.

The work around is to go outside, lower my level with the debugger, run inside, reset everything with the trainer, run back outside and level up again.

Even if I don't leave the powerhouse, and just want to change my specializations, it is not possible at all without running around like an idiot. My character is a level 40 ported over from live before the last patch. I removed everything at the power house trainer and then re-added the primary super stat and innate talent.

I think this Screen Shot can show what's wrong with the spec tree.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    RoBoBo wrote:
    what was the drop?

From the GRAB Alert itself, was a costume hood item, which was purple. From another I got a worm summon device.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    BUG

In Smash Alerts (not noticed this in others, but it might be present) there is an invisible UI there that tends to make engaging mouse look exceptionally difficult to do. It also has a tendency to cover up the exit button when the ALERT is finished. I've been running into this particular bug a lot this patch and its' slightly annoying.

Robo, since you are here, as a general question, is the Calendar scrapped? It's still not on the UI, and the /calendar command no longer works now.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Bug: Removing powers or advantage points also causes specializations to become untrained and not re-selectable.

Specializations affected: Superstat specs, and Masteries

Edit: Specializations can't be retrained even if your primary superstat is unselected and in general there doesn't seem to actually be an option to undo them at all with this bug.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Bug: Item attributes on the modification window still reflect scaling with the item quality as with last patch, but the actual attribute bonus is reflected on the item. This is just a tooltip error.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    QOL

Option to remove the ALERT buttons from the normal UI since you can now access them through the actual PvP icon (and I noticed lairs have their own tabs, so anxious for that to get in as well).
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Moved to the bug thread.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    bug: whole server has insane amount of sentinetal aura. even if you didnt get it you still get a stack of 3 other people have like 14 stacks
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I was able to Fuse and use a Catalyst. Keep in mind this was just 1 test sample (hard to get matching mods for some reason).

Also mobs are dropping mods now? I got no enhancements from mobs just mods and tokens.

*moved the bug report*
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Seems good... BUT.

- Updated close-up camera placement to be more behind player character, and not off to the side.
    GIVE IT BACK. >:I I want my RE4/Gears of War camera back. As a choice.

- Critters: Henchman rank Zombie critters will no longer resurrect.
    NOOOOOOOOOOO. This was their THING. Give it back too.
    -The same here ! ! the TPS camera is just awesome !
    -Zombies are zombies just let them resurrect.....
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Nivji wrote:
    -The same here ! ! the TPS camera is just awesome ! ...
    It's awesome until you use a character that has wings. I suggest using the /camoffset command.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    .. is the Calendar scrapped? It's still not on the UI, and the /calendar command no longer works now.

The Calendar will come back in a future update as a full feature. The slash command is restricted for now as the info on the calendar is incomplete.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I do prefer the old style camera (without offset), but I do think it should be a toggle in the options menu for those that did like it.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sentinel Aura works even if you are no where near the person you got it from or in a group with him/her.

Also, you don't have to be grouped with the person to get a sentinel aura. (intentional?)

Step one: Get a Sentinel Aura from someone.
    Step two: Run as far away from that person as possible.
    Step three: Don't zone.
    Step four: Enjoy free heals.

From my combat log: "an unknown entity gives 310 Health Points to you with Sentinel Aura."
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    riviania wrote:
    Sentinel Aura works even if you are no where near the person you got it from or in a group with him/her.

Also, you don't have to be grouped with the person to get a sentinel aura. (intentional?)

Step one: Get a Sentinel Aura from someone.
    Step two: Run as far away from that person as possible.
    Step three: Don't zone.
    Step four: Enjoy free heals.

From my combat log: "an unknown entity gives 310 Health Points to you with Sentinel Aura."

I'm going to go ahead and guess this is a side effect of them trying to fix the issue with auras not working right with the auto team up.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:
    Specializations:
    • All Specialization Skills are now available. Many more fixes have been made to various Spec skills.
    • Specializations: All Role Specialization skills should now have accurate tooltips.
      In addition, many issues with these skills have been fixed, and some numbers have been changed.
    Finally!
    NisDiddums wrote:
    UI:
    • Modifiers can be slotted even while gear equipped now
    • Minor layout change to the player status info window.
    • Added crafting skill to the player status window.
    • Added a filter to the Talents window so that you can now filter talents by the attributes you want.
    • Added a checkbox in the Travel Powers UI to allow players to hide unowned/unavailable travel powers.
    • Cool.
    • Hmmmm, I hope it's not too big...
    • Only crafting? Nothing for perception, cooldown reduction, cost reduction, etc.?
    • My, so we can finally have sorting options? Well, if that's the case, great...
    • Heh, guess it's easier to hide them than to let us access them...
      Let's just hope that, for once, it enables the powers I ALREADY PURCHASED ON LIVE AT LEAST...
      Else, get ready for a lot of b!tch!ng...
      (Well more than right now, since it's now a confirmed feature...)
    NisDiddums wrote:
    Content:
    • Adjusted Sasquatch to be easier.
    • Critters: Henchman rank Zombie critters will no longer resurrect.
    • Fusion tutorial: made Skill training an optional objective so existing players skill is not reset, giving players an opportunity to review Skill stats before committing.
    • Recognition vendors now carry Travel Powers, and newly added costume pieces
    • New Swinging travel powers added to Quesionite vendor.
    • Unity figures added to the Questionite vendor.
    • There goes challenge out... -sigh-
    • Cool, they were annoying... unless you just AoE / Pestillence'd the zone...
    • Great, really, I appreciate it.
    • Why you! Now I'll have something to farm for... Damn you.
    • AAAARRGGGGHHHHHHHH Griiiind
    • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO moar griiiiind
    NisDiddums wrote:
    Art:
    • Adjusted Steelhawk Flight to be more tintable
    • Adjusted Steelhawk Flight to add tintable ribbons
    Like someone else said, the point is?
    We can't have it, you know with C-Store down, sooooo....
    That was a good thing. It was a camera position like in third person action games (and the camera I was planning on using when the changes hit). Sigh...
    Matter of taste, Kenpo.
    Personally that view makes me queasy, and I despise it.
    Luckily, Robobo stated in the other thread that there "might" be a way to choose between them both.
    More options: Goooood; everyone agrees, right? ^_^

EDIT: Last second thought ->
    I suppose there's still no preview of the brand new costume pieces from the Q-Vendors, right?
    More blind-buying?
    If it is so, it's really distasteful...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    BUG: Inventory Tooltips disable chat

Hovering your cursor over an item in the inventory and then trying to chat enables and in the same micro-second disables chat.

Also, this: http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=144963
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    :mad: The "over the shoulder" camera was awesome.
    I cant understand why its gone. :mad:

P.S: Are the new travelpowers you can get with grind account wide unlocks?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    NotFamous wrote:
    :mad: The "over the shoulder" camera was awesome.
    I cant understand why its gone. :mad:

Wings. Please think about why people with wings are happy it's gone.

Love the new sig Falchoin btw.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    NotFamous wrote:

Robobo has said that the CTP versions are account unlocks, so I'd assume the rest of them are as well. Although the Token ones (NOT the Questionite based ones) are really, really cheap. Maybe those are per character...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Robobo has said that the CTP versions are account unlocks, so I'd assume the rest of them are as well. Although the Token ones (NOT the Questionite based ones) are really, really cheap. Maybe those are per character...

So the CTP ones are still questionite at least ? Since i decided to do also an Arms R1 after finishing Mystic
    that would be good to know .. not they i grind now, and afterwards notice i could buy it for some token ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    So the CTP ones are still questionite at least ? Since i decided to do also an Arms R1 after finishing Mystic
    that would be good to know .. not they i grind now, and afterwards notice i could buy it for some token ;)
    They did lower the cost by 50,000 Q though :p
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    They did lower the cost by 50,000 Q though :p

I still prefer to grind Dragon Cores on MI for 4 days, then grinding APs and Alerts all for 4 months ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2012

The token unlocks are account wide.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The token unlocks are account wide.

What tokens do you need for them .. T1-T3, or T4 ?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I just did way more damage with a chest beam than my tooltip suggests is feasible..
    The toon is invuln with no buffs running, the tooltip says upto 2.6 k damage so when I hit a training dummy for 6.3k I was pretty impressed. I mean that doesn't include the fall damage either. The toon is still equipped with old stuff too.
    I have crit severity up to 93% and several stacks possibly 5 of Expose Weakness running but I wonder is this really right?
    Perhaps Expose Weakness could be looked into by someone who knows what they're doing...

Perhaps I should comment on Avenger Mastery but I keep laughing, I laughed as I went to bed last night, I laughed when I got up and remembered and I'm laughing now.
    I keep imagining the Devs running into a level 40 who told em... What I'm really after is a way to improve the charge time on tier 0 attacks! Ooooh you wait till I get my hands on em!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    What tokens do you need for them .. T1-T3, or T4 ?

Yes.

There's 2 that are T1, 2 that are T2, 2 that are T3, and 1 think one that's T4. Although do correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not ingame right now.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Yes.

There's 2 that are T1, 2 that are T2, 2 that are T3, and 1 think one that's T4. Although do correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not ingame right now.

Ok .. thanks .. i think i have to take a look on the PTS again after work then ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Is there an NPC on the PST where i can get Questionite and other ressoursces to test the vendors? :)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    NotFamous wrote:
    Is there an NPC on the PST where i can get Questionite and other ressoursces to test the vendors? :)

Yes there is!

Go to the AI Console in the ren center, pick up the Alert Daily!
    Queue for the alert with 4 of your best friends and when done go back, and BAM 1500 Questionite ore!

You even get to refine it for free on PTS!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The_Last wrote:
    Yes there is!

Queue for the alert with 4 of your best friends and when done go back, and BAM 1500 Questionite ore!

OMG....LOL
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The_Last wrote:
    NotFamous wrote:

Yes there is!

OMG....LOL

LOL, laughing so hard
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Oh, did i forget?

The burst alert is INTENTIONALLY rare to come up. So you might have to spend several hours waiting for a burst to finally show up in order to complete your daily!

But that gives you time to go farm!

YAY!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    NotFamous wrote:

You mean like a fast, efficient, grindless way to actually help them test the feature without getting bored by hours of farming?

Madness!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The_Last wrote:
    Oh, did i forget?

The burst alert is INTENTIONALLY rare to come up. So you might have to spend several hours waiting for a burst to finally show up in order to complete your daily!

But that gives you time to go farm!

YAY!

Yeah, I was noticing that last night. Guess we'll just have to hop into one of the APs on our Questionite farming while we wait for the Burst alert to come up.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, I was noticing that last night. Guess we'll just have to hop into one of the APs on our Questionite farming while we wait for the Burst alert to come up.

That's strange. Sometimes I'll see 3 bursts active at once, and other times I could be waiting for several hours
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    :eek:
    The_Last wrote:
    Yes there is!

But ... i have no friends.
    All of them are playing SWTOR.

Why i cant enter a Alert alone? I can beat all the enemies with my Drag0ns Wrath!1111 :eek:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I actually have something to praise about this build! *Shock and gasp*

Whoever put a filter for the purchase talents window..

THANK YOU!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Helosie1 wrote:
    I actually have something to praise about this build! *Shock and gasp*

Whoever put a filter for the purchase talents window..

THANK YOU!
    Yes. Now PLEASE put one on the Innate Talents one that track stats higher than 5.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:
    PTS update FC.26.20120404a.0
    This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 06:00pm PST

Patch Stuff

Oh no! Thermal Reverb change. Now it will be so hard to generate ener... haha! Just kidding, it's not hard at all to generate energy. Even without an energy unlock. It never has been. And if you're using a support character... how is energy ever an issue anyway?

Er... adjusted xp in Wells Pass and Feral Tangle to match time played. I hope that means you adjusted it up. It definitely shouldn't be down. I like that there's a mission to go see Ravenspeaker there now. Hey, how about one from Ravenspeaker to point out MI missions or... I don't know, one to go see Gadget Boy so people actually know he's there? Or at least a map icon since that's a big chunk of missions that don't have anyone pointing to them.

Wait... we're getting WAY stronger with this update and other enemies are getting a buff... but the sasquatch needs to be adjusted to be easier? What about the final boss of Whiteout? The one you have to zerg on most builds? Nothing there, huh? Not even... I don't know adding knock resistance to his pulls? Maybe decreasing that damage a little? Something like that? But no, yeah, the sasquatch was the boss that needed a nerf.

Also... give zombies back resurrect. Seriously. Why would you take that out?
This discussion has been closed.