Install Arc
Options

PTS Update FC.26.20120314a.5

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I don't quote all the text because 1) i don't have time to answer every point by every point, 2) because this conversation "freeform is good/ freeform is bad" exists since months and we 'll never agree.
    Yukitsuki wrote:
    Assume a 'freeform' upgrade would cost 1,900 points per slot - that's roughly twice the cost of premium archetype, which I think would be reasonable.
    They don't have money to pay a 15$ sub (less of 1900 points) but they can buy a freeform token for 1900 points ?
    It's the same bad excuse than always. If they can buy 15$ or more in store, they can sub to have the freeform.
    Yukitsuki wrote:
    I'm sorry but I fail to see how that would be unfair.
    A lot of players have less of 8 characters, even less of 5. And i'm sure than some players create 8 or 16 characters because Cryptic gave them 16 slots with Lts or 8 with sub, if not, they would play without problem with just 1,2 or 3 characters.
    If you don't see how that would be unfair, think that for a lot of players (you can think it's false if you want) they will buy only a ff slot or two and it's finish. no more than your 1900 points X2.
    Is it more money for cryptic than sub on the long term ? I doubt.

And i'm waiting to have the proof than the majority of silver accounts pay more than the monthly subscription. If they were the case, they will pay sub to have more characters, more bags, more etc.. (all the incredible bonuses you said). Why would they pay the same price for have less bonuses ? Strange choice...
    No, i don't think the silvers pay more than a sub, sorry.
    Each silver i have in the guild don't pay nothing or just 15€ total in a lot of months. Not even character slots because they create different accounts.
    Yukitsuki wrote:
    And keep in mind that there exist silver accounts that pay more than the monthly subscription, for each month that they actively play.
    Keep in mind that there exist a lot of silvers accounts that pay 0 or less than a subscription. The gold players pays 15$ minimum, for sure. And the LTS pays 299$, for sure too.

But i know, we will not agree. it's not a problem for me.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Gaelyn wrote:
    They don't have money to pay a 15$ sub (less of 1900 points) but they can buy a freeform token for 1900 points ?
    It's the same bad excuse than always. If they can buy 15$ or more in store, they can sub to have the freeform.
    A lot of people don't sub because they want to keep what they buy (until the game closes that is), instead of renting it, not because they can't afford it. It's also more worth it to save money for a one-time payment than to save money for a subscription every month.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Gaelyn wrote:
    I don't quote all the text because 1) i don't have time to answer every point by every point, 2) because this conversation "freeform is good/ freeform is bad" exists since months and we 'll never agree.

Agreed with this. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    A lot of people don't sub because they want to keep what they buy (until the game closes that is), instead of renting it, not because they can't afford it. It's also more worth it to save money for a one-time payment than to save money for a subscription every month.

Yes, i understand this point. Some of my friends are like this. Because for them the sub is an obligation to play regularly to male profitable their money and they don't want this "obligation". This is what they said to me.
    And my conclusion to this is the people who don't want this obligation is people less loyal or regular than a suscriber. They buy one thing or two and they quit quickly for the new F2P which release.
    It's easy to look at the # 5 or 6 millenium channels and to compare with the #45 MC in may or the #16 MC in September.
    We're near as much as before the F2P, now. I wish to know how many LTS players are in these #MC channels.

But this conversation is finished for me. I must go. And honestly, i'm spectator of Cryptic only, if they want to do it, they will do. If they don't want, they won't do.
    All i can do is waiting for this game continue to be an hybrid game (a freemium for me) or become a pure F2P with just a cash shop because they will kill the sub part, the p2p part, with some of these ideas. Ideas that forumites give them or not.

Have a good day.
    Yukitsuki wrote:
    Agreed with this. :rolleyes:
    I know. I don't expect anything else. (Without smiley).
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Chickaree wrote:
    It is fairly easy to achieve close or better than 100% dodge using a combination of things with LR, parry shuriken storm with advantage, thundering kicks with advantage for the stacking dodge buff so on and so forth, will you do alot of dmg plus have great survivability nope but can you tank like there is no tomorrow and have great survivability yep which is how defensive passives should work in my opinion at least

I am fully aware of the possibility; in fact I use LR with evasive maneuver and shuriken storm in this particular instance when I actually took the toon into TT elite. For your info, I also keybind my EM and void shift combined with MSA with int as sec SS to give me energy return. I also have conviction R3 to heal me every 4 secs or so and resurgence and masterful dodge. With all that, I am still having difficulty (did not impossible) tanking 1 group of mobs. Any thing more than that it is suicide. This is by far the case where I can easily block out 2 or even 3 mob groups with invul or defiance with ebon void, swipe at them with roomsweeper once a while to keep enrage up, activate conviction to restore the tiny dots of damage they deal and AOE them with a unleashed rage every minute or so. All these without breaking a sweat while my fingers are getting all tied up trying to keep EM and shuriken storm up, heal and making sure energy is sufficient and every so often having to activate resurgence and MD to SOS.

I am also not commenting on the dmg I put out. I agree fully with you that tanks are tanks they take heal of a pummelling but I do not expect them to throw out as much or as fast. That is like you say how a passive defense should work. But do give it a try, bring a dodge toon into TT elite and you will get what I mean. LR atm is definitely weaker than invul or defiance. At least in PVE. PVP is a whole different ball game because of how CC function and because of powers like dragonwrath which punches through dmg resistance.

However then again, if we are talking abt pvp, why even bother abt melee or tanking. LOL the FOTM pestilence build (with enrage and infernal strength stacks, maybe throw in imbue, smoke grenade, a nice hold like binding of araton, evasive maneuver with stealth advantage, acension and acrobatics with advantage). That will be enough to finish off any melee toon tank, no tank or supertank in 3 shots and the melee toon will probably not even have landed a single hit it. With the new system I am watching to see what will happen to perception gear and how well it will see through all stealth that grenade puts up. Wonder how much longer smoke grenade is gonna get abused.

Sorry for rattling, I know I am going off topic, but I do wish to see better balance between melee and range toons, passive offense and defense, pvp and pve and amongst the offensives and defensives without making powers identicals with different skins.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Bug: Hero Games are still giving out acclaim instead of Hero Games Tokens.

Where it happened: The hero games.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Sorry for rattling, I know I am going off topic, but I do wish to see better balance between melee and range toons, passive offense and defense, pvp and pve and amongst the offensives and defensives without making powers identicals with different skins.

With these modifications dodge is dead both in PvE and in PvP. For all those who still haven't done it, it's time to jump on the defiance-invuln train, as there's simply no contest between those 2 and the rest of the defensive passives.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Crit Strike rating from gear scales with Aura of Primal Majesty
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Falchoin wrote:

Yay!!! :D

/isdonebeingunhelpful
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Falchoin wrote:

you have GOT to be kidding.. lmao. u shure its not Dex rating?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    MagnusLL wrote:
    With these modifications dodge is dead both in PvE and in PvP. For all those who still haven't done it, it's time to jump on the defiance-invuln train, as there's simply no contest between those 2 and the rest of the defensive passives.

I'll stick to my PFF build. Thanks. :p
  • Options
    edited March 2012

However then again, if we are talking abt pvp, why even bother abt melee or tanking. LOL the FOTM pestilence build (with enrage and infernal strength stacks, maybe throw in imbue, smoke grenade, a nice hold like binding of araton, evasive maneuver with stealth advantage, acension and acrobatics with advantage). That will be enough to finish off any melee toon tank, no tank or supertank in 3 shots and the melee toon will probably not even have landed a single hit it. With the new system I am watching to see what will happen to perception gear and how well it will see through all stealth that grenade puts up. Wonder how much longer smoke grenade is gonna get abused.

Well I can say, in pvp dodge is certainly very succesful at least with lr against pesti builds the dot resist alone of 302% more than compensates for their dot dmg and the avoidance knocks their imbued defile shots close to nothing, on the topic of smoke with ss int and a piece of +125 perception gear I am still unable to see them until they attack so yeah smoke grenade = the devil in mind but that is because they are the builds i struggle against lol, all in all though there are counters in one form or the other to most builds but the old way of toon design simply does not hold up to the new builds people are currently making on pts...will that change? possibly, should it change who knows I think there is as much balance as there was before with the old system still lots of potential for certain builds to just do better than others, as much as I hate to say it ss INT tree needs another looking or at least the revitalize part lowering cd's by 6/10 of a second on each eb attack generally means as long as I take a ranged energy builder even on melee toons I can keep active defenses/offenses up almost 100% of the time now granted I have enjoyed alot of success with Int +quarry but it does provide potential to abuse the system beyond belief, and no I don't perma ascension or anything cheese like that, but could I if I were that type of player you betcha.... All in all things have changed alot as to what once was effective. Defiance builds I find easier to kill than before simply kite them until their defiance stacks fall off then go in for a kill shot using imbued (insert xyz skill here) and that generally means dead defiance, especially now with defense resist penetration so on and so forth. Oops sorta off topic but yeah things are definitely changing alot in both pve and pvp the potential for really abusive builds is exponentially higher while those that build around concept I wont say are weaker than they were before but certainly won't be competitive in the slightest in the current state of things
    ~end ramble~ :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    you have GOT to be kidding.. lmao. u shure its not Dex rating?

because that's based on dex... which is boosted by AoPM
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    serju wrote:
    because that's based on dex... which is boosted by AoPM
    So higher base DEX (which grants more crit chance) makes crit rating grant *more* crit chance per point? Isn't that backwards?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Alright, Rome is officially burning. Cryptic, we either need a new PTS build that fixes a lot of things, or Nero to come play the fiddle.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Falchoin wrote:
    So higher base DEX (which grants more crit chance) makes crit rating grant *more* crit chance per point? Isn't that backwards?
    Does it show rating points or does it show actual bonus to crit strike chance? Because the formula for crit strike chance is wonky.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Weird bug I stumbled upon:

Lemurian Eggs aren't hatching unless attacked. Before they'd hatch if you stood close to them long enough, now they only hatch if they're directly attacked.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Pantagruel wrote:
    Does it show rating points or does it show actual bonus to crit strike chance? Because the formula for crit strike chance is wonky.
    I testing using a +47 crit strike secondary. Without AoPM it gave me roughly 4% additional crit chance. With AoPM that same piece gave me about 8% additional crit chance. My DEX without AoPM was 10, with AoPM was 100.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Falchoin wrote:
    I testing using a +47 crit strike secondary. Without AoPM it gave me roughly 4% additional crit chance. With AoPM that same piece gave me about 8% additional crit chance. My DEX without AoPM was 10, with AoPM was 100.

The piece while off gave an additional 0% with AoPM on.. then turn on AoPM (added dex increased rating) to say 15 %.. then when you added the gear back on it gave you 23%?

that's so ****ed,

Thank you for the test
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Falchoin wrote:
    Ah, that's just the retarded crit chance algorithm (52 * (1-1/(1 + (stat/200)^2)))
    10 dex: 0.13%
    57 dex: 3.9%
    100 dex: 10.4%
    147 dex: 18.3%

Last I knew the energy cost reduction (for Int) formula also used that curve, though the cooldown reduction is apparently linear.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It's quite possible serju is right and crit strike rating scales with DEX as I didn't have DEX gear on hand to test with. Whether crit strike is scaling with DEX or AoPM doesn't matter in my opinion. I don't think it should scale with either.

EDIT: or what Pants just posted. I guess that's what I get for not playing lowish DEX crit builds often.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Falchoin wrote:
    It's quite possible serju is right and crit strike rating scales with DEX as I didn't have DEX gear on hand to test with. Whether crit strike is scaling with DEX or AoPM doesn't matter in my opinion. I don't think it should scale with either.

EDIT: or what Pants just posted. I guess that's what I get for not playing lowish DEX crit builds often.
    Crit strike rating (like energy cost reduction) is +Stat (only for purpose X). I haven't tried to figure out what the severity stat does.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    When choosing Intelligence as a Secondary Stat, it is then possible to choose it as a Primary Stat. Occured in Millenium city when retconnin a high level character

This is something that would occur if you retconned your high level character. This did no occur with my other Secondary Stat, Ego. It did not matter what order I chose the Secondary Stat in. I did not have enough time to go through the entire list.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    BUG: Martial Arts: Dual Blades: Eye of the Storm: The damage absorption shield is not reflected in the player's HP bar.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Was just having a discussion with other players in Live and I thought I would like to put it here.

I feel that the devs are trying to test out too many different things all at once in this particular PTS patch to the point that many things become broken and I find it hard to do any serious testing. With changes in gear, drop, slots, spec trees, powers and even mob behaviours and lairs it has become such a mess that it makes it very hard to test and kudos to those who have patiently and consistently persevered in reporting the bugs. Sometimes, I wonder if they are bugs or deliberately left out. Surely it is common scientific knowledge that in order to test a hypothesis, we do need to keep other variables constant. Now with everything so dynamic, it is too confusing to debug and troubleshoot.

Whether the game is going to turn into a grindfest to rake in moolah for the company or not is a marketing decision but my guess is if they try to rush and push out too many changes with bugs and what have you, the game is going to lose a lot of their loyal players and that is never good marketing.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Was just having a discussion with other players in Live and I thought I would like to put it here.

I feel that the devs are trying to test out too many different things all at once in this particular PTS patch to the point that many things become broken and I find it hard to do any serious testing. With changes in gear, drop, slots, spec trees, powers and even mob behaviours and lairs it has become such a mess that it makes it very hard to test and kudos to those who have patiently and consistently persevered in reporting the bugs. Sometimes, I wonder if they are bugs or deliberately left out. Surely it is common scientific knowledge that in order to test a hypothesis, we do need to keep other variables constant. Now with everything so dynamic, it is too confusing to debug and troubleshoot.

Whether the game is going to turn into a grindfest to rake in moolah for the company or not is a marketing decision but my guess is if they try to rush and push out too many changes with bugs and what have you, the game is going to lose a lot of their loyal players and that is never good marketing.

A good point. Too many changes all at once can be difficult to test. On the other hand so much of what is being changed is interdependent to the point that they kind of need to be tested simultaneously.

To be honest, I really feel for the devs on this one.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Ashen_X wrote:
    A good point. Too many changes all at once can be difficult to test. On the other hand so much of what is being changed is interdependent to the point that they kind of need to be tested simultaneously.

If so, they really need to review all passives at the same time.

Well, let's wait for one more week, then we'll see ....:D
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Ashen_X wrote:

I can't agree that too many changes at once would cause problems to testing. Sure, it means there is a LOT of stuff to test, but you don't need the old system in place to test the new stuff. People get into closed and open betas of complitely new games, and still manage to test them just fine. You just have to accept that relative power levels have changed, and instead of testing if the new version of power A is in line with live server power B, you have to compare it to the new big picture.

This, of course takes time - and personally I feel we don't have anywhere new enough time. But it doesn't mean that it's inherently a problem to do an overhaul.

And yes, I agree with the interdependency inherent to these changes. Or rather, so many of the changes go to such base levels, that it's easier to roll them all in at once. This way players will only need to relearn the game once instead of multiple times in row ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Bug: the FX department should look into the fact that the main users effect using Aura of Ebon Destruction power is the small FX version and the teammates have the large FX version. This is backwards
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Advantage Versality on Acrobatics doesn't work.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    as far as spec trees go, the bonuses to anything (crit, defense severity and so on) should be a flat non-stat dependant bonus, like the ranks on active offenses/defenses.

dex has always affected crits... i don't think it should affect crit specs... you get enough crits with 200ish dex as it is so there's really no need.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Vibora Bay Mission: Coming to Vibora; the citizen critters that the mission requires you to "save" are not spawning. I was ll over the area for about 40 minutes and freed one -- that one did not respawn -- although the mobs did -- despite my returning several times to the same spot.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It's possible to kill mobs in the Trainstopping alert before it starts. This means the alert cannot be completed successfully since there won't be enough mobs to kill.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Bug
    Krim Crown Coda
    One of the rewards for this mish is substandard I think it is the mystical visor but it has only +34 End and 11 Defence - the other rewards give +34 to two stats not just one
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Kien. wrote:
    Advantage Versality on Acrobatics doesn't work.

Quoting because this is rather important.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Specializations: Protector: Bulwark: Switching from Hybrid to another role and then back to Hybrid does not deactivate the health increase mechanic of Bulwark. Also, it seems to cause the Hybrid role to take on the base health of whichever role you switched from.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Galactiman wrote:
    Specializations: Protector: Bulwark: Switching from Hybrid to another role and then back to Hybrid does not deactivate the health increase mechanic of Bulwark. Also, it seems to cause the Hybrid role to take on the base health of whichever role you switched from.

I'm still working on a FULL list of build swapping bugs.. But this one eluded me somehow. Thanks.

Again.. Support the feature or remove it.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Maybe I missed it somewhere, but is it intentional for secondary super stats to give more damage in Hybrid than in the other roles?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Galactiman wrote:
    Maybe I missed it somewhere, but is it intentional for secondary super stats to give more damage in Hybrid than in the other roles?

Well it's intended to do more damage than tank and support roles, however, I think it's not intended that it's higher than offensive roles. I think hybrid got a wrong modifier some where.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    Well it's intended to do more damage than tank and support roles, however, I think it's not intended that it's higher than offensive roles. I think hybrid got a wrong modifier some where.

Actually the hybrid role does get more contribution from secondary stats. I pulled this from one of the PTS archived patch notes:

Tank: All Damage +15%, Threat +30%. Secondary Stats provide half these values.
    Ranged Damage: All Damage +30%, Threat -15%. Secondary Stats provide half these values.
    Melee Damage: All Damage +30%, Threat -15%. Secondary Stats provide half these values.
    Support: All Damage +15%, Healing +30%, Threat -15%. Secondary Stats provide half these values.
    Hybrid: All Damage +30%, Healing +15%. Secondary Stats provide three-quarters these values.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The key being that the internal 25% bonus on the Ranged/Melee roles is not on the same level as the Super Stat bonuses, so it provides a significantly greater bonus than it appears to be by just looking at percentages.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Bug(s)
    Temper Mental
    Sergeant Cronyn does not give the device you need to do the mission.
    Telieos Tower mission
    2 of the 3 rewards are sub par that is they only have +34 to one stat instead of 2 these are the "Obedience Gauntlets" and the "Condemning Gauntlets" The other reward is as per expected (I think)
    Telieos Tower general
    I have 4 x level 28 accessory boxes but they are "limited to level 18 or below" I think this is some kind of stacking thing - the stuff I picked up later is taking on the same identity characteristics of the first accessory box I picked up which prolly was a level 18 or thereabouts.
    There are some clipping issues with the new art/objects (well there would be)
    Screenies of clipping issues
    http://i39.tinypic.com/35kogb8.jpg
    http://i44.tinypic.com/9aqmmx.jpg
    http://i42.tinypic.com/b6pxdc.jpg

Mind you the new Tower looks gorgeous.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    eidt: (it's not a bug, it's a feature) :eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Yukitsuki wrote:
    BUG
    After creating Radiant archetype character, bringing it to level 40 and going out to test out Serpent's Lantern, I returned to powerhouse to retcon the specializations (I believe persevere is so broken that using it will not give realistic test results overall).

In the 'remove powers' screen, seemingly random powers were listed as FREE, while others had a normal cost associated to them.

I had done specializations as last on the stack, and all of them were free. Next down was 'eldritch bolts: wizard's discretion', which had a cost associated to it (3G 27N 8L). From there, I had various powers, advantages and talents that had a cost set for them.. until it came down to Planar Fracture which again was FREE. Then, Divine Renewal (FREE) and Soul Mesmerim (20G 91N 57L), arcane invocation: Vitality (FREE), Sigils of Radiant Sanctuary (23G 96N 47L) and Eldritch Shield (FREE), Rebuke (FREE).
    Down the stack from there, all the rest of powers were FREE, except for travel power Flight (30G 37N 7L).

All Powers on Archetypes are free except the ones that are part of a choice (Like Soul Mesmerism and (I guess?) the Sigils)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    All Powers on Archetypes are free except the ones that are part of a choice (Like Soul Mesmerism and (I guess?) the Sigils)

Goes to show how much I play archetypes, eh? >.>
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I was playing with Specialization on a level 38 Dex primary character. I chose my five picks on line 1, then 5 from line 2 (both under Dexterity). I then had the option to choose my next tier set. I chose Brawler. I allocated points into Brawler, then was unhappy, so I pulled them out. I then removed a point from Line 2 in Dexterity, and the Brawler options went gray (i.e., unavailable). However, I now did not have the option to choose a different second tier (e.g., Guardian, etc.). I removed all picks in the first tier, and reallocated them, and the arrows that allow scrolling (and choice) did not reappear. I had to close the Specialization interface to be able to access that choice again.

The same effect occurs once you've chosen tier 2 and opened tier 3; must close the interface to restore the tier 3 choice.

Expected result. Reversing choices should restore choices.

On a related note, I noticed that once you have spent 10 points in Dexterity you can no longer spend points there. Is that a bug or as intended?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Scarlyng wrote:
    On a related note, I noticed that once you have spent 10 points in Dexterity you can no longer spend points there. Is that a bug or as intended?

Intended. You can only spend 10 points in each of the categories. And you have to spend 5 points on the bottom part of each section before the top half opens up (but you do not have to spend your last 5 points only in that area).
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    No decent quest reward for Deaths door!
    In the past the quest reward has been very handy for most if not all my toons, the old +54 Dex and +7 Rec item in particular has been a favourite.
    Now I am treated to a truly inspiring MCPD token, there's just no point to doing it unless you're absolutely desperate for 38k XP.
    Is this the pattern for all quests? Do I just not bother with teaming and 5 man content in the new Perfect World Game?
    I'm really irritated by this!

Oh yeah bug
    Stone dead killer
    Serious clipping issues on final part (the fight with Deadman Walking
    enjoy the screenie
    http://i41.tinypic.com/143doir.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    4rksakes wrote:
    No decent quest reward for Deaths door!
    In the past the quest reward has been very handy for most if not all my toons, the old +54 Dex and +7 Rec item in particular has been a favourite.
    Now I am treated to a truly inspiring MCPD token, there's just no point to doing it unless you're absolutely desperate for 38k XP.
    Is this the pattern for all quests? Do I just not bother with teaming and 5 man content in the new Perfect World Game?
    I'm really irritated by this!

Oh yeah bug
    Stone dead killer
    Serious clipping issues on final part (the fight with Deadman Walking
    enjoy the screenie
    http://i41.tinypic.com/143doir.jpg

In perfect world we don't need quests. :cool:
    *cough* Sorry, it had to be said. :D

Now the way I understand it is, quests give you a form of 'currency' (MCPD tokens in this case), which you can then take to vendor and trade to gear you prefer. Essentially this gives you the option of doing the quests you prefer, and spending the rewards to gear you like - instead of forcing you to do specific quest for specific reward.

I would imagine there might still be quests that give out some specific reward when the reward is closely tied to the quest itself.. but that's just speculation (e.g. Feline Metabolic Serum is tied to specific quest).

Apparently we had some sort of patch during the maintenance.. guess now we just need to hear what the patch actually did, so we can go ahead and test the stuff...

...although it seems the server is still down for maintenance.