Install Arc
Options

PTS Update FC.26.20120314a.5

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Falchoin wrote:
    Unable to click Team Up character portraits to select the player. Spec auras do not work with Team Up groups. There is no /command for talking in the Team Up channel. Keys (F2-F5) for selecting teammates via Team Up do not work.

The team up function is mostly useless, a waste of resources and should be scrapped. Just put us on actual teams please. For open missions, keep a Team Up button but have it put players on real teams instead of pseudo-teams that don't function properly.

Welp that explains why I was having all those bugs in teams, didn't realize it was the teamup thing. Course can't get any spec auras to work in any team nor on pets but some people seem to be able to.

Also Gentleman Crush, if you are still reading these threads, I'd love if one of the new items rolls was an 'all stat' one, like instead of 29 presence its 4-5 of every stat. Also there is a bug on one utility item that gives fulll Int bonus PLUS a cost mod bonus ontop of the normal half stat and bonus one
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Ok, so we have offense slots, defense slots, and utility slots for mods.

Then there's also Enhancement slots, and armoring slots (which aren't limited by gear slots). However armoring and enhancements are both just used for core stats (str, ego, dex, etc...).

Having them split into two different sets of mods offers absolutely no advantage and just makes finding/upgrading mods with core stats even more complex and unnecessarily grindy...

Can we decide on one or the other please? i.e. All core stat mods being categorized as armoring?

There's no reason a piece of high end gear couldn't just have two armor slots and an offense slot. As opposed to an armor slot, an enhancement slot, and an offense slot. They would be statistically exactly the same.

This. It's a pointless distinction.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I noticed something on alerts. TeamUp now shares power auras! YES! Thank you, this shall make things a bit easier since I don't need to force a conventional team on top of the teamup to share all the powers and whatnot.

There is only two problems now. Medics are reporting they can not portrait target team-mates. So when we have a healer/shielder we still have to force a conventional team. Also as mentioned before Spec auras don't share.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a command added /target_teamup # and /target_teamup_next, and let the player handle it through whatever macros/binds they want to set up. Buuuut enough on teamups.

I've been playing through on a mid-level tank. Alerts are quite doable. Probably be much more doable once I get better hp recovery in place. Some of the smash events though I tend to just not pump out enough damage to finish them. I blame low level tank, perhaps tier splitting of events? Not sure personally.

There's an HP enemy that has no combat AI currently. In combat situations it just stands there blankly not attacking. HP Kidnappers and HP Planners both have this problem. For an example, exit the Force Station Steelhead base going east, engage the HP enemies around the airplane.

Foxbat camera bots have a basic ranged attack called Splice, it deals only 1 damage BEFORE damage reduction and resistance. Foxbat Camera bots also have a HP drain attack which is so watery it scarcely threatens. As such they are a non-threat enemy currenly that is quite significantly below the difficulty curve of all other villain class criters.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    More fun with math! Using the 28230 total tokens for creating rank 9 mods and purple gear it's time to estimate how long it would take to get all that stuff. Lets say you're uber and can complete a lair and reset it in 15 minutes. One token per run means one token every 15 minutes. So... 28230 x 15 = 423450 minutes or 7057.5 hours or 294.0625 days of continuous play time doing nothing but completing a lair and resetting it every 15 minutes.

And people thought the CTPs were grindy!

On a side note, can we please make it so the Nem Con chests can only be looted by the person whose nem was just defeated? People get upset enough when it's just crap blue gear no one cares about. It will be much worse when someone takes another person's token.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    mmmh .... maybe putting Focus into Munitions would make sense more than enrage.

Then about Bullet Breakdown, I have some suggestions.

1.) bring BB back to the old version, but keep the remove-root improvement.

or

2.) Make all combos of BB become 50 ft range attacks; then combine the new advantage with "Not Without Incident" -- if you take the advantage, all combos become melee and have chance to proc AoE as well.

or

3.) Bring back the old virsion BB, then simply provide another range attack .... maybe it can be named "Bullet Breaking" which is a pure range attack.

---
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Falchoin wrote:
    More fun with math! Using the 28230 total tokens for creating rank 9 mods and purple gear it's time to estimate how long it would take to get all that stuff. Lets say you're uber and can complete a lair and reset it in 15 minutes. One token per run means one token every 15 minutes. So... 28230 x 15 = 423450 minutes or 7057.5 hours or 294.0625 days of continuous play time doing nothing but completing a lair and resetting it every 15 minutes.

On a side note, can we please make it so the Nem Con chests can only be looted by the person whose nem was just defeated? People get upset enough when it's just crap blue gear no one cares about. It will be much worse when someone takes another person's token.
    That's why those tokens will be in the C-Store. Haven't you guys ever played a Perfect World game before? High end gear = lots of cash spent.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Falchoin wrote:
    So far I'm not seeing much if any difference in mob difficulty inside alerts or otherwise. The timed alerts in a PuG against villains with defensive passives can be very close, but this was true before the buff.

From what I've heard the highest rank a mod can get is rank 9. I don't know if that's true or not, but lets say it is for the time being. The highest rank mod I've seen drop since this latest patch is rank 5. Even Qwyjibo only dropped a rank 5 mod the one time I've downed him. In order to make one rank 9 mod it would take a total of 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 = 625 rank 5 mods. Each purple primary has 3 mod slots and we have 3 primary slots, so if we're going to fully deck out a character in purples and rank 9 mods it would by 625 x 3 x 3 = 5625 total rank 5 mods. This is of course assuming none of the fusing attempts fail.

Given the drop rates I've observed so far I am not really looking forward to the mod grind which appears worse than the CTP grind. At least with the CTP grind it was easy to track progress since the items you wanted dropped with some regularity. With these mods we're forced to gamble our highest end tokens or farm for hours in the hope that the specific mods you want drop.

Oh and if we buy the rank 6 mod bag at 25 tokens each and somehow got lucky enough to get the exact mod we wanted every time (or we traded across the board) it would only be 5 x 5 x 5 x 25 = 3125 tokens for one rank 9 mod. For completely decking out your character it would be 3125 x 3 x 3 = 28125 tokens... plus another 105 for the actual purple gear. Considering we get one token per level 40 lair that's a LOT of lair runs.

The only upside to this is that there will likely be a large economy based around mod trading and selling since gear itself is now largely a shell to carry mods.

So not only is my favorite build ruined, but the your numbers make the upcoming grind look ridiculous and unrewarding.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Don't think much of new loot tables.
    For completing Army of one on the ground I got this.
    http://i40.tinypic.com/30j4tad.jpg
    Oooh I mustn't forget to pick up my ace reward.
    Sigh I got 15? Level 40s to re equip - duff loot tables for APs is not gonna help.

Also in Aftershock
    Buttons on colour console thingys are really really sticky, you press red or whatever and two times out of three it wll not light up
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Does Defiance still scale only with Con (or is it health points) or does it scale now with superstats?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    Does Defiance still scale only with Con (or is it health points) or does it scale now with superstats?

Still scaling with Con. Patch notes said nothing about a change to it, and Devs haven't mentioned anything about changing it that I've seen.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Auras still arn't affecting pets.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    BUG

Bosses in Resistance drop MCPD tokens even at level 40. Shouldn't they be dropping UNTIL recognition tokens at level 40 considering MCPD is for low levels?

BUG

The Qliphothic Rift that Arcana summons in Resistance, the little riftlings that come out of it seem to randomly damage it when destroyed now. I spent at least 20 minutes fighting riftlings waiting for them to randomly do damage. I don't think this was intended, and if it was intended, this is way too low if this is accounting for larger teams. A solo player will be spending an unorthodox amount of time waiting on riftlings to spawn.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Terlisha wrote:
    mmmh .... maybe putting Focus into Munitions would make sense more than enrage.
    (SNIP)

This. I'm not saying it's any real solution for muni particularily, but this would lead to something that would make much more sense. Let focus affect all damage, not just melee - and as a result you get for muni an escalating damage buff that scales with DEX, and can be made to feed from crits, dodge or bleeds (submachine gun). If anything, rather than enrage, I think focus could be tied to EGO as an alternate to DEX. This would make focus a more ranged and/or crit-build focused buff where enrage would remain more STR and thus melee-friendly oriented buff. I realize focus is currently gained from toggles that are present in mostly melee-oriented martial arts set, but same could be sade in spades about enrage - and still it works with ranged powers. Muni could also get it's own focus toggle with this - perhaps one that would give focus stack each time you score a stack of defence-piercing (see below).

What comes to muni in general, an escalating defence-piercing buff tied to muni powers would make sense, improve the framework, and generally make sense to the theme of it. It could be tied to muni powers in way similar to how enrage currently is tied mostly to brick set. It might get a bit out of hand if it was allowed to affect damage from all powers, but it could be instead made into muni framework's internal synergy mechanic (similar to how ionic reverberation works for electricity for example). I realize this would be a huge update for muni framework, but perhaps that's what is needed?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Dr.Sage wrote:
    Still scaling with Con. Patch notes said nothing about a change to it, and Devs haven't mentioned anything about changing it that I've seen.

This is correct, but it's a stark contrast and important to know.. perhaps it should be first in the tooltip for Defiance explaining: "This Slotted Passive does not scale with superstats"
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    TacoBomber wrote:
    I like the idea of having Enrage and Munitions tied together more closely, but yeah. Strength as a stat is just too counterintuitive to work, so this would probably need Enrage to scale with something other than Strength.

Enrage here only because Dual Pistols are total ripoff on "Equlibrium" movie. So when you "Enrage" you are "unleashing your emotions" thus gain additional benefits from situational advanatges. Its not here for dmg buff enrage provides.

Leting focus work with all dmg wont solve the main munition problem, since dmg will be still lacking in comparison to other powers (which will get buffed by ranged focus too).

Yes, I agree that focsu should work with all DMG, however, in this case numbers should be toned down on Focus and brought up on Aspects and Agressor to make them more in line.

And all AoE Munitions should get a freaking Rework. Its the only set with AoEs that work WORSE with the range and number of enemies.

Yes, Lead Tempes is huge AoE, but dmg is pathetic, and the fact that you miss 50% of time at longe range makes it even more crappy. Look at Hurricane - dmg is huge and you also can move while casting it, and its tier 1 power.

SMG - dmg drop if you hit more then 2 mobs... how this makes sence? Why we dont have something simmilar on other AoEs from elemental set?

Gatling - cilinder is freaking small, also you cant move while shooting unlike say Minigun in Power Armor, so you cant keep enemies in line by movong around.

Rocket.... yeah, a munition version of "BIG BOOM" with a charge time AND a cooldown! And on top of that dmg is crapy, while energy cost is huge in comparison to other powers from munition.

Sniper - so you want me to waste a power slot for skill that I can use only outside of combat OR will need to get Smoke Greande to cast it from time to time?

I know that Archery suffers from the same problem. Dmg is lacking, while not enough utlity provided. Devs, can you pls pull whole technology tree in line with elemental Projection? Because on Live if I see a freeform its a "Cyborg-jedy-ninja" with DW. Sword Cyclone and Force snap or "AoPM-t-over 500 str-Troll" Force cascade spammer with Variations of Defile, Gigabolt and Conflagation.

I havent seen an Archer (freeform) or Munition (freefrom) or even Power Armor for ages.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Enrage here only because Dual Pistols are total ripoff on "Equlibrium" movie. So when you "Enrage" you are "unleashing your emotions" thus gain additional benefits from situational advanatges. Its not here for dmg buff enrage provides.

Leting focus work with all dmg wont solve the main munition problem, since dmg will be still lacking in comparison to other powers (which will get buffed by ranged focus too).

Yes, I agree that focsu should work with all DMG, however, in this case numbers should be toned down on Focus and brought up on Aspects and Agressor to make them more in line.

And all AoE Munitions should get a freaking Rework. Its the only set with AoEs that work WORSE with the range and number of enemies.

Yes, Lead Tempes is huge AoE, but dmg is pathetic, and the fact that you miss 50% of time at longe range makes it even more crappy. Look at Hurricane - dmg is huge and you also can move while casting it, and its tier 1 power.

SMG - dmg drop if you hit more then 2 mobs... how this makes sence? Why we dont have something simmilar on other AoEs from elemental set?

Gatling - cilinder is freaking small, also you cant move while shooting unlike say Minigun in Power Armor, so you cant keep enemies in line by movong around.

Rocket.... yeah, a munition version of "BIG BOOM" with a charge time AND a cooldown! And on top of that dmg is crapy, while energy cost is huge in comparison to other powers from munition.

Sniper - so you want me to waste a power slot for skill that I can use only outside of combat OR will need to get Smoke Greande to cast it from time to time?

I know that Archery suffers from the same problem. Dmg is lacking, while not enough utlity provided. Devs, can you pls pull whole technology tree in line with elemental Projection? Because on Live if I see a freeform its a "Cyborg-jedy-ninja" with DW. Sword Cyclone and Force snap or "AoPM-t-over 500 str-Troll" Force cascade spammer with Variations of Defile, Gigabolt and Conflagation.

I havent seen an Archer (freeform) or Munition (freefrom) or even Power Armor for ages.

On the subject of pistols, it hink they should just get a stacking debuff that stacks on crits.. its time this set got its own passive.. Targeting Computer is "meh" at best and not technically in the framework.

Also:

Bug:

The tooltip for Masterful Dodge (rank 1) states an 87% increase in avoidance along with a 200% increase to dodge.. while the dodge does add 200%, the avoidance only adds 12.1%

Can I assume this continues at rank 2 and 3.. I don't want to go respec just to test for you.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    On the subject of pistols, it hink they should just get a stacking debuff that stacks on crits.. its time this set got its own passive.. Targeting Computer is "meh" at best and not technically in the framework.

We already got TOO MUCH buff icons as it is. And inbuild thing that stacks on crits is BAD, since with how EGO works now - going all DEX is not a must anymore.

Focus stacking on crits is fine, since you can choose to run it or not. Killer instinct is fince, since you can choose to run it or not. Stacking debuff in pistol powers that triggers on crits - not fine.

Also Own passive? So we will basicly have renamed Quarry afterall, since its all offence pistols basicly need, if you want MOAR dmg - Kinetic Manipulation is at your service.
    I really cant stress enough how sick I am from all those "Give munition armor piercing passive....". Do you even undertsand that a passive that is made only for one set is bad?

Targeting Computer works on all tech powers, Quarry basicly works with ANYTHING, Kinetic manipulation works for Munition and for Force. Solving a tiny problem of munitions (flat dmg reduction) with toggle\passive that let you ignore flat dmg reduction will not fix main issue - dmg is freaking lacking.
    And times when Munitions was the only set that was able to build energy with non-energy builder has passed a freaking long time ago. Now everyone can spamm their attacks as much as they want if they build for it (thank you MSA and Lunges\Force Snap with 3 seconds CD)
    Other sets doesnt need dmg percing as passive, they go just fine with just buffing dmg.
    munitions doesnt need passive - it needs to be brought in line with other ranged sets on the lvl of basic powers.

Rise dmg on powers - TADA, flat reduction no longer issue.

If you will come with an idea of munitiona passive that will make sence (which is not a defence debuff, and not a Quarry ripoff) I will be glad to see it.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    We already got TOO MUCH buff icons as it is. And inbuild thing that stacks on crits is BAD, since with how EGO works now - going all DEX is not a must anymore.

Focus stacking on crits is fine, since you can choose to run it or not. Killer instinct is fince, since you can choose to run it or not. Stacking debuff in pistol powers that triggers on crits - not fine.

Also Own passive? So we will basicly have renamed Quarry afterall, since its all offence pistols basicly need, if you want MOAR dmg - Kinetic Manipulation is at your service.
    I really cant stress enough how sick I am from all those "Give munition armor piercing passive....". Do you even undertsand that a passive that is made only for one set is bad?

Targeting Computer works on all tech powers, Quarry basicly works with ANYTHING, Kinetic manipulation works for Munition and for Force. Solving a tiny problem of munitions (flat dmg reduction) with toggle\passive that let you ignore flat dmg reduction will not fix main issue - dmg is freaking lacking.
    And times when Munitions was the only set that was able to build energy with non-energy builder has passed a freaking long time ago. Now everyone can spamm their attacks as much as they want if they build for it (thank you MSA and Lunges\Force Snap with 3 seconds CD)
    Other sets doesnt need dmg percing as passive, they go just fine with just buffing dmg.
    munitions doesnt need passive - it needs to be brought in line with other ranged sets on the lvl of basic powers.

I didn't say an armor piercing passive, i said a passive.

It also needs a debuff on crits.. it has rapid fire small ticks, so whatever effect these bullets have should be based on critical hits because that is the most beneficial mechanic of this set.

Bug:

Enrage does not respect power color.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    I didn't say an armor piercing passive, i said a passive.

It also needs a debuff on crits.. it has rapid fire small ticks, so whatever effect these bullets have should be based on critical hits because that is the most beneficial mechanic of this set.

Bug:

Enrage does not respect power color.

Again, it deosnt need debuffs on crits, because crits are not a given thing - you should build for it. And if you dont (Munition toon with no DEX for example) you are screwed.

Something like "fuly maintining power"\"maintain for X seconds" makes much more sence, since you can fully maintain powers with different builds, buy using energy unlocks or just having large energy pool, etc.

Debuff on crits just shows that you are too much fixated on "DEX\INT\EGO metagolem" that is the only way munitions work right now on Live. Go wider, fo freak sake. System should encourage different builds, not forcing into the "only one that works".
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Again, it deosnt need debuffs on crits, because crits are not a given thing - you should build for it. And if you dont (Munition toon with no DEX for example) you are screwed.

Something like "fuly maintining power"\"maintain for X seconds" makes much more sence, since you can fully maintain powers with different builds, buy using energy unlocks or just having large energy pool, etc.

Debuff on crits just shows that you are too much fixated on "DEX\INT\EGO metagolem" that is the only way munitions work right now on Live. Go wider, fo freak sake. System should encourage different builds, not forcing into the "only one that works".

Dex has rapid fire, small ticks of damage.. this set more than any other even with low critical hit chance, will be more likely to score a critical hit than ANY other set.. To say that any mechanic to work for this set shouldn't work on critical hits is the waste.

That's like saying people shouldn't need strength for might toons or people shouldn't need presence for telepathy toons.. some mechanics SHOULD work better in their suggested sets.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    Dex has rapid fire, small ticks of damage.. this set more than any other even with low critical hit chance, will be more likely to score a critical hit than ANY other set.. To say that any mechanic to work for this set shouldn't work on critical hits is the waste.

That's like saying people shouldn't need strength for might toons or people shouldn't need presence for telepathy toons.. some mechanics SHOULD work better in their suggested sets.

Munitions is nothing specila in the fast tiking powers department, duh...
    Power armor, Dual Blades, Telekinetik, Infernal - they all have fast tiking powers. Problem with munition - its has ONLY fast tiking powers, because "not fast tiking powers" in this set are so useless so nobody picks them. And those fast tiking maintains are also weak in comparison to Telekinetik.

STR on might toon helps, but mostly with ENRAGE, everything else works just as fine with other super states. Also STR on might TANK may be a bad stat, since you will throw mobs flying over long distances.

Telepathy can be played without PRE, if you feel more like Crowd controll, then healing, and with upcoming changes PRE wont be changing healing output drammaticly, also on Live now, PRE doesnt help that much anyway, its not like DOUBLE healing with SS Pre.

With crits thou - if you dont have enought DEX to make it atleast 20% its freaking useless, since its like you score crit only 1 hit from 5. So you can have a full maintain without a single crit.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I've stated my case to the argument, not going to go back and forth on that munitions
    Telepathy can be played without PRE, if you feel more like Crowd controll, then healing, and with upcoming changes PRE wont be changing healing output drammaticly, also on Live now, PRE doesnt help that much anyway, its not like DOUBLE healing with SS Pre.

On the new subject:
    Crowd control now scales with PRE. INT less so now with specialization tree. So a telepathy toon without PRE (or INT lesser so) is self gimped. I do not wish this to be the case, but it is.. as one of the only "Crowd Control is my main mechanic" players, I tend to think of myself as an expert on the subject.. that being said..

Devs, any word on the new hold mechanics?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Falchoin wrote:

Wow .. looks like Runes of Magic .. i think there will also be Items in the CS for lowering the chance of failure
    and now people can happily pay hundreds of dollars for upgrading their gear. So thats why its better for
    the game for Cryptic.

But at least you all now have your "Endgame" .. so enjoy it.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Welcome to Cryptic Diversification 2.0 boys and girls :)

(Now, while I'm down with the change to IDF - any power that anyone/everyone can/should take is out of whack - I'm still sensitive to the culture of balance by bringing everyone down to level. Instead of working to improve/enhance overlooked powers/power sets - take the easy way out and nerf the perceived offenders. Granted, this is the way of MMO's in general and not just specific to Cryptic, but these folks seem to embrace and revel in the act far more than the norm.)

/rant off
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    mmmh, about Hold

There is no countdown on the hold icon (at least all foes held by Binding of Aratron always present 0:00)

then the IDF.

I'd say that IDF is still strong but still need mroe nerf and buff. The mechanism of damage shield needs to be rejudged. Firstly, it shouldn't reduce the end damage but reduce the beginning damage (before defense/resistance works). Secondly, penetration needs to work on damage shield as well. To tradeoff the nerfs, the basic number of IDF can be increased and receive more benefits from SS. And, the R2 and R3 should become more efficient (rare people go for R2 or higher rank of IDF).
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Bug: Possible Specialization problems for characters who haven't logged in for a while.
    Where it happens: If your character hasn't logged in since the new Powerhouse and is in the old Powerhouse.
    What happens: I still had END/REC as my two Super Stats (hadn't had the required retcon yet). I went to Powers, then Specializations and it let me scroll through the SuperStats on the bottom tier, but forced END even if I tried to click it while on REC.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Suggestions:

* Please make choosing your Innate Talents more flexible.

For instance, my idea is just to have a checkbox next to each of the eight stats. You can go down the list checking however many you want. If you just choose just one, then it distributes the rest of the stat points accordingly. If you choose two, then each of the two gets +12 and the rest get +8 (or whatever it is), if you choose them all, then it distributes your starting points equally, etc.

* I love the glow around new items in your inventory, but I think they would be far more useful as indicators of items types (bright red for Primary Offense, dull red for Secondary Offense, bright blue for Primary Defense, etc.).

I know the background of the item shows this, but it takes a lot more scrutiny and often is obscured by the picture of the item.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Jaybezz wrote:
    ...Bug:

The tooltip for Masterful Dodge (rank 1) states an 87% increase in avoidance along with a 200% increase to dodge.. while the dodge does add 200%, the avoidance only adds 12.1%
    Actually the avoidance thing is not a bug. It's Cryptic math at work. I'm guessing you're using an avoidance primary or some other avoidance buff? The avoidance on your character sheet is the actual amount damage is reduced and avoidance follows the same DR as damage resistance.

Mystagogue wrote:
    Welcome to Cryptic Diversification 2.0 boys and girls ...
    Maybe for some... my support character now has very little reason to stack any stats besides PRE.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Falchoin wrote:

I have a message from PWN, it says: "All your (player) base are belong to us!"

Honestly, it will all depend on how easy it will be to get purple gear through random drops. If it will be easy- no one will ever care (like with Unity merits grind), if it will be hard - it's gona be RAGE and HATE.

No, really.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    "Martial Arts: Bountiful Chi Resurgence: Resurgent Reiki: Now can only proc once every 0.5 seconds. Also updated the description to more accurately represent what this Advantage does."

Called this a year ago. Enjoy.

Saw this coming a mile away.
    "Force: Inertial Dampening Field: Now considered a Form power, and like the others, is exclusive with all other Form powers."

Ha, finally... I was beginning to think you'd forgotten entirely that this was a defensive form toggle.

This....This one i'm on the ropes about.

IDF Was a major boon to the survival of a couple of my major squishy ranged toons, Both of whom already rely on a toggle to give them energy (Form of the tempest, Because you goons insist on making ranged energy unlocks utter tripe.)

Given that IDF is basically a REQUIRED power for any squishy ranged toon (To deal with the large number of DOT's you keep making rediculously powerful - hai, roin'esh) does this mean we can finally expect to see some love in the defense department for ranged O? Or are you still going to be blind to the fact of Ranged/Melee disparity in survival as a DPS. Especially solo.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    STR on might toon helps, but mostly with ENRAGE, everything else works just as fine with other super states. Also STR on might TANK may be a bad stat, since you will throw mobs flying over long distances.

If you build your might tank to be dps, STR is needed, period. No strength means that you will be doing a ton less damage than the STR based might toon next to you. If you don't like them flying away from you, than use the knock ups instead of the knock backs. STR as a SS is basically a double bonus on melee powers for the might set, perfect for dps, and even tanking.

Telepathy without Pre is a ranged toon without ego, a melee toon without str, and a tank toon without con. You gimp yourself. Pre is the ONLY stat to make your holds better now. Thus it is the go to stat for healing and crowd control.

Why post in the pts forums if you do not post using the information gained from the pts? Its like you only speak of live and not with the knowledge of the changes. If you know of the changes than you would know how a bunch of the stuff you said is basically not true.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Falchoin wrote:
    Actually the avoidance thing is not a bug. It's Cryptic math at work. I'm guessing you're using an avoidance primary or some other avoidance buff? The avoidance on your character sheet is the actual amount damage is reduced and avoidance follows the same DR as damage resistance.

Maybe for some... my support character now has very little reason to stack any stats besides PRE.

I agree with both of your statements.. But the tooltip shold be changed in regards to Masterful Dodge.

I am using Dex/Dodge as a primary form of defense and took lots of Avoidance boosters to bolster this as I do not intend on using BCR (BCR which needs a 20% damage debuff per stack IYAM it's got too little penalty) Character choice = Death i know, but can't a dodge tank be an actual TANK without needing to self heal inherently? Invul doesn't need to heal to be invul, Defiance gets the CON benefit to be more effective at lower health.. Give Masterful Dodge SOMEthing besides the need to pick up another power to do it's primary function.

As for support characters - I agree whole heartedly on PRE being the only superstat option. I don't hate it, but i definately don't LIKE it. Kontrol is based on using INT as a part of her character's biography. Having to change to PRE to gain a competitive edge made me unhappy. However the end result (likely because I am using Aura of Arcane Clarity .. Please see Sorcery section on how to balance auras..) was not that different. I gained about 25% hold strength moving to PRE superstat, and +15% HoldResistance.. however because my gear is remaining INT the actual cooldown difference was fractions.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Did final bit of Resistance today (did the rest last night early AM) sole drop was Resistance Wings.
    Have now got 4500 Questionite Ore for Demon Flame, Aftershock and Resistance can anyone tell me if this is likely to be signiificant?

Bug
    Megadestroid Block does not work if you are using something else. Say you are eyebeaming an Endbringer - you can not block until the eyebeam is finished, same with all the other maintains. This adds an interesting layer of difficulty.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Not sure if this is a bug or not:

Crafted Travel Power missions are listed at complete and ready to turn in.
    There is no place to turn them in to.

Appearently all the crafting stores have been hit by the recession, because they seem to be all closed...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Little oddity I noticed that may or may not be a bug:

Condemn, the Infernal ranged sphere AOE, gets the Nailed to the Ground.advantage. Vengeance, the Celestial equivalent, does not. Otherwise, the powers are functionally similar.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The_Last wrote:
    Dual Pistols Munitions is why I bought a lifetime sub to Champions...
    You spent $300 USD so you could play with guns in a superhero game?! :confused:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It Cryptic made crafting finally mean something by 'Pay Up, Sucka!' feature, thumbs up, Cryptic, thumbs up.
    Not.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Not sure if this is a bug or not:

Crafted Travel Power missions are listed at complete and ready to turn in.
    There is no place to turn them in to.

Appearently all the crafting stores have been hit by the recession, because they seem to be all closed...

Crafting is gone, kaput, no longer exists. You'll notice you can't even open the crafting window anymore, as it's gone, along with all the trainers.
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Christian Bale is THAT awesome.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Bug:

Ego Sleep continuously failed to proc any affect while creating a cooldown on the client. Proc was more or less 50% of the time when tapped at a single target.

My opponent could see me use the power on their client so the command did reach the server.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    Wait...nevermind. I'm doin' it wrong.

DOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM

Sorry .. i couldn't resist :p

It's OK, I'm already used to you missing the point. :)

My disappointment is with something currently on test that might make it to live. Yours was on stuff you "speculated" would happen with none of it showing up yet. Look over your head, that's the difference you're seeing going...
    The_Last wrote:
    Christian Bale is THAT awesome.

Yup. If it weren't for Equilibrium a few of my toons wouldn't have been created (though the nerf to bullet beatdown is going to put them firmly in the "Sho Nuff file")
  • Options
    edited March 2012

My disappointment is with something currently on test that might make it to live. Yours was on stuff you "speculated" would happen with none of it showing up yet. Look over your head, that's the difference you're seeing going...

Have you recently harvested a crafting node on the PTS ? Then you see that the things i mentioned are
    not really speculated, or do you think they will change that back ? In that case they could also change back
    everything that you dislike.
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Have you recently harvested a crafting node on the PTS ? Then you see that the things i mentioned are
    not really speculated, or do you think they will change that back ? In that case they could also change back
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I love how everyone assumes that in a game with such enormous creative freedom behind its characters, all anyone would ever want to do is play their own personal rendition of Captain Spandex, ProTECTor of JUSS-TISS.

Yeah, Champs is billed as a superhero game. My personal stable consists of several demons, an equivalent number of robots, a cheesed-off thief, a displaced Valkyrie, a Japanese hungry ghost who is only a 'hero' because the game disallows villains, a Guardian Insect of the Sea of Decay, and a guy who's basically Kamina except not dead after Episode 8". Not one tights-clad energy projector - though both the thief and a couple of the demons make extensive use of various blaster lines. Not a single one of those characters is somehow against the rules is it?

Kenpo's perfectly entitled to be highly bothered that they're gutting Bullet Beatdown. I'm highly bothered over that, because it takes options away from people who want them. If some of you folks want to do nothing but run lightning-flingers who all have their first initials plastered on their chests, be my guest. Just don't expect the rest of us to so limit ourselves if we don't want to.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Until Squad leaders have no attack other than Binding of Aratron, they cast that then just stand there as you pummel em to oblivion!

Oh yeah and the Diagnostic keys can be activated if you press em in the middle(ish) best results on hitting em on the right half of the first letter.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:

As I previously stated, the difference has gone over your head as usual.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    the super grind for gear is going to suck soooo bad and hemorrhage players like a drunk hemophiliac with slit wrists.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    As I previously stated, the difference has gone over your head as usual.

Maybe i'm just a stupid german that don't understand your english insider jokes not most of the time,
    but i think my english is still better than your german :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    Yeah .. sorry that i'm just a stupid german that don't understand your english insider jokes not most of the time.
    However i think my english is still better than your german :rolleyes:

I only studied German for 7 years so you're probably right. Congratulations.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Zellgarith wrote:
    the super grind for gear is going to suck soooo bad and hemorrhage players like a drunk hemophiliac with slit wrists.

LOL, that's a disturbing mental image you just painted in my head.