What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Veteran Rewards FAQ

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    And the Title for 900 Days will be.... 'Better Late Than Never'.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Vincyre wrote:
    I don't really consider what we get now to even be veteran rewards. The real veteran rewards stopped when we stopped getting COOL stuff.
    What's "COOL stuff" to you might be useless to me, and vice versa.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Costume Change Tokens were awesome.
    Really.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    keyword is WAS :( now its stupid
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    stjobe wrote:

I think he means when we got things like VIP Caprice access and costume sets. Our last veteran reward costume set was 500 days ago.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Saleen wrote:
    Sure would be nice if they'd just mention it huh?

Stormshade or Robobo did mention it in one of the other threads about the late rewards.

They want to leave it until after the current rebuild of the system and make an actual reward rather than rushing something out of the door now.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    bluedarky wrote:
    Stormshade or Robobo did mention it in one of the other threads about the late rewards.

They want to leave it until after the current rebuild of the system and make an actual reward rather than rushing something out of the door now.
    If they wait until the 1000 day mark to issue the 900 day rewards, it better be something pretty !@#$% awsome ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    bluedarky wrote:

Sounds good to me. I kinda gave up on it now so I hope they make it a good one when it comes out.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    if we get the 900 day thing after day 1000 you all owe me 5g for calling it
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The-Mender wrote:
    if we get the 900 day thing after day 1000 you all owe me 5g for calling it

How about I owe you a smack upside the head? :D
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    And it better have some Costume Set in it...and candy. That won't go stale.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Rune wrote:
    How about I owe you a smack upside the head? :D

no just G's
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Vincyre wrote:
    I don't really consider what we get now to even be veteran rewards. The real veteran rewards stopped when we stopped getting COOL stuff.

What are you talking about, the 800 day reward was...ummm...hmmm...the 700 day...600 da...huh...okay good point. :D

I remember the 25slot bad ruled :D

Oh and if they are waiting till after the Rebuild then lets hope the VR will tie into the rebuild. That would be cool
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    FlyingFinn wrote:
    And it better have some Costume Set in it...and candy. That won't go stale.
    And-a-voucher-coupon-for-"popcorn"-at-your-local-store.
    So-i-can-stop-spending-$$$-on-popcorn-while-i-watch-the-same-arguments-come-up-all-the-times-on-the-forums :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    so whats the 1000 day reward gonna be? id personally like something like a lightsaber for blades or some kind of super cool looking weapon just for 1k days
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    so whats the 1000 day reward gonna be? id personally like something like a lightsaber for blades or some kind of super cool looking weapon just for 1k days

Most likely the wizard set just so we can rub at other people's faces with like the bird set.

But honestly could be anything. The 1k reward info might possible be reveal around mid-june or july as most who have that many days subbed would reach 1k by then.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    stjobe wrote:

"One man's LOL is another man's WTF!"
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm being told I have 1041.33 days
    *looks at watch and taps foot*

heh... just kidding, I'm being patient, but it would be nice to know what it'll be, or when it'll be... especially considering i'm almost half way to 1100
  • Options
    axan29axan29 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yeah im well over 1000 days too?
  • Options
    kiyomikiyomi Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Going into July now I suppose. 1043 days here, I can wait but it's still hard to not be a bit impatient :biggrin:
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wow, the new Millenium TP is, um...
    ...FRIGGIN' BRIGHT! :eek:

The new tights, eh, take em' or leave em :rolleyes:

2x Q Refinement, good choice :biggrin:

Now about those "Pre-order" devices in the "Zen Store" :wink:

PS...
    ...Hey All,

Our Veteran Rewards page with embedded FAQ has been updated with details for rewards up to 700 days...

...*AHEM*
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    dagconfaraday#1221 dagconfaraday Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2012

That's actually pretty freakin' awesome.

The guy who formally posted as @Sky_Commander. Now posts as: "劫"
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2012

The new tights, eh, take em' or leave em :rolleyes:

2x Q Refinement, goot choice :biggrin:

Now about those "Pre-order" devices in the "Zen Store" :wink:

That TP is amazing !!!

Absolutely love it.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    vanathorvanathor Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Glad to see this game still alive. Hopefully I can one day get my hands on a computer capable of playing this game again. It feels like my lifetime sub has gone to the way side.
  • Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    :biggrin: *AHEM* :biggrin:
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    thalast1thalast1 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The news of free grab bags have brought me back to Champions online forums

Kudos!
  • Options
    somethingmustworsomethingmustwor Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So is 1000 days the last vet reward, or will there be 1100 etc?
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So is 1000 days the last vet reward, or will there be 1100 etc?

They stop at 1000 days...

I'm at over 1200 days myself...

I miss them... *sniff*
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lokikin wrote: »
    They stop at 1000 days...

I'm at over 1200 days myself...

I miss them... *sniff*

I hear ya! Oh, but what a ride it's been! :frown:
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I want rewards for the lts account!!!

Like, all of them, not having to wait for them.

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    doompupp113doompupp113 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I actually wish they'd do the same thing with CO they did with STO, which is give lifetime subscribers all the rewards right away.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I actually wish they'd do the same thing with CO they did with STO, which is give lifetime subscribers all the rewards right away.

Yep. Because sure. people may argue "oh hey we had to wait for this crap and subscribe every month"

as well as argue some weird bs about putting in effort to guarantee they stayed gold to get it, ignoring the fact that LTS is guaranteed to stay gold so it's a nullpoint to deny it.

I'd love to have LTS unlock vet rewards instantly. Because the way i see it. If i literally waited the whole 1000 days for the final reward, i'll either be gone, or CO will be gone by around day 600 (i'm being generous) because of the total stagnation.
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would really like to know when the 1100 and 1200 day veteran rewards are going to be implemented. I'm at 1245 days now. Is this game dead in the water?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    voyagersix wrote: »
    I would really like to know when the 1100 and 1200 day veteran rewards are going to be implemented. I'm at 1245 days now. Is this game dead in the water?

They announced a while ago that the Vet Rewards were stopping at 1000 days for both CO and STO...

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lokikin wrote: »
    They announced a while ago that the Vet Rewards were stopping at 1000 days for both CO and STO...

Really? So what's the marketing spin behind it? We all know the real reason is the developers are MIA.
  • Options
    cyraxiscyraxis Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I missed those tokens as well for costumes :(
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Really? So what's the marketing spin behind it? We all know the real reason is the developers are MIA.

I believe that the exact spin was "Thanks for your continued support but we no longer care about you so piss off". :eek:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    edited January 2013

But they've stopped them for STO too, and their 50+ devs are anything but MIA...

Laws yes!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Because it's easier to put stuff in a Gamble Box than make something nice for the customers that actually continue spend money for the game.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Don't forget just making the easiest change regardless of how negatively it impacts your loyal costumer base instead of actually NOT being lazy and doing some programming.

Like.. not doing broad-stroke updates (AKA nerfs) to the legacy devices, legacy device cooldowns, legacy device cooldowns while in device tray, legacy device damage and operation nerfs, etc etc etc when they could have just made pheremones and eruptions unique.

And.. like making all "veteran" rewards gatherable at once for someone that isn't a "veteran" but just plunks down some cash for the game... Instead of creating some new incentives and rewards for LTS that were separate from the "VETERAN" rewards since.. oh I don't know.. everyone that already has those rewards actually HAD TO WAIT TO GET THEM. You know.. logic.

And the list goes on.. I"m already tired of typing about it.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2013
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but bugs aside, most people seem to like this change. I know everyone is going to have different opinions on this, and I'm sorry that it negatively impacts you, but I do believe this change is for the best.
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Then why do you keep doing so, especially when you're the only one who seems to feel that way?

Edit: Ninja'd by the turtle!

teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_by_nebezial.jpg
    edited November 2013
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but bugs aside, most people seem to like this change. I know everyone is going to have different opinions on this, and I'm sorry that it negatively impacts you, but I do believe this change is for the best.

If you mean out of the 20 people or so that check the forums on a regular basis.. sure, I appear to be in the minority. But try moving your demographic to encompass the folks that are already over 1,000 days that actually had to wait for their veteran rewards and it meant something when they got them. LTS or not...

Sure, it's a small thing. But the small things are piling up pretty fast lately.

EDIT: Sure, there may be a few people that are all-for this change. And I'm glad LTS is getting it. What I don't like are the constant kicks in the tenders for the folks that have been here forever.

LIke putting all the hard-to-find devices in a drifter box that we spent weeks if not MONTHS trying to get to drop before. Or nerfing the prototype vehicles, or nerfing the legacy devices, I mean.. the list goes on and on.

Before too long you'll have Scourge and Cursed items in a box.. there comes a time when you have to grow a backbone as a company and just realize that your long-time players ARE the ones you want to keep.

Bacon Overlord

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mensar wrote: »
    If you mean out of the 20 people or so that check the forums on a regular basis.. sure, I appear to be in the minority. But try moving your demographic to encompass the folks that are already over 1,000 days that actually had to wait for their veteran rewards and it meant something when they got them. LTS or not...

Sure, it's a small thing. But the small things are piling up pretty fast lately.

EDIT: Sure, there may be a few people that are all-for this change. And I'm glad LTS is getting it. What I don't like are the constant kicks in the tenders for the folks that have been here forever.

LIke putting all the hard-to-find devices in a drifter box that we spent weeks if not MONTHS trying to get to drop before. Or nerfing the prototype vehicles, or nerfing the legacy devices, I mean.. the list goes on and on.

Before too long you'll have Scourge and Cursed items in a box.. there comes a time when you have to grow a backbone as a company and just realize that your long-time players ARE the ones you want to keep.

*yawn*

Someone fix that record. It's skipping.
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2013
    I'd like to note that this thread should remain civil, please.

While I do agree that veteran players are hugely important, it's also important to me that new players have reasons to want to become veterans. The VetRewards change, to me, is a way to do that. For a new player right now, the prospect of waiting that long is a turn-off. I'm not saying that it wasn't a daunting prospect for people who went LTS early on, but there's a difference in expectation between a day-1 LTS and an LTS purchase today.
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mensar wrote: »

And.. like making all "veteran" rewards gatherable at once for someone that isn't a "veteran" but just plunks down some cash for the game... Instead of creating some new incentives and rewards for LTS that were separate from the "VETERAN" rewards since.. oh I don't know.. everyone that already has those rewards actually HAD TO WAIT TO GET THEM. You know.. logic.

Speaking of logic - it would be logical for someone who talks about wanting a game to thrive to be accepting that people are given a new incentive for LTS when I've already seen LTS members quit for good.

Don't get me wrong, we've shared legitimate complaints about Cryptic choices in the past. But when you start claiming that golds tinting DAs for silvers is a exploit and reportable or complaining that newer LTS members don't deserve their vet rewards, you lose almost all credibility.

Non-life time members earned their rewards the hard way.

Lifetime members have paid their investment and should have automatically been issued all vet rewards from the start - they've already paid a premium, there's no reason they should have to wait.
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Let's unlock the crafted travel powers for LTS players. :biggrin:
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    secksegai wrote: »
    Speaking of logic - it would be logical for someone who talks about wanting a game to thrive to be accepting that people are given a new incentive for LTS when I've already seen LTS members quit for good.

Don't get me wrong, we've shared legitimate complaints about Cryptic choices in the past. But when you start claiming that golds tinting DAs for silvers is a exploit and reportable or complaining that newer LTS members don't deserve their vet rewards, you lose almost all credibility.

Non-life time members earned their rewards the hard way.

Lifetime members have paid their investment and should have automatically been issued all vet rewards from the start - they've already paid a premium, there's no reason they should have to wait.

You mean besides the reason that they are "veteran" rewards.. which is what I meant when I said "logic". "waiting" is what everyone had to do. Which was the point.. hence "veteran". I don't know how to make this any clearer.

Non-lifetime members earned their rewards the same way LIfetime members earned them.. They waited.

And, I'm sorry.. but while you're discussing an exploit in the game. You might want to consider the fact that gold accounts are the only ones allowed to color powers/devices. Something silvers aren't allowed to do. The command to do-so isn't even active for them. So, working around the mechanics of the game to get their items colored is absolutely abusing a bug... Or did you think it was just a suggestion that they don't have the ability to color their powers/devices? hmm..

You hit the nail on the head just now.. I missed it the first read-through. You said "newer LTS members don't deserve their vet rewards". That's not true. I believe they deserve them but they should earn them the same way the rest of the LTS vets did... by actually becoming veterans. After all, that's exactly why it was created.

Bacon Overlord

• Options
    edited November 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    better idea. lets bring back the crafted travel powers in the recognition vendors for tons of SCR. or in a more money making tone, drifter store.

You guys say it jokingly, but it wouldn't surprise me at this point...

Not at all.

Bacon Overlord

This discussion has been closed.