What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Veteran Rewards FAQ

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Super News Network
[Edits and updates below - Blue Fire]

Hey All,

Our Veteran Rewards page with embedded FAQ has been updated with details for rewards up to 700 days. This page supersedes the previous Atari support page for Veteran Rewards.

Check it out here!

Thank you for your continued support of Champions Online,

The Champions Online Team
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Here's a question not answered in it, will this program be expanded as the game progresses. IE will tehre be a 500 day, 600 day, 700 day, etc?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Wait, so Discounted UNITY is being brought back?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Once one of your characters has received the “Redoubtable” perk, you will be able to save one costume in addition to the costume slots you have already gained."

this is listed under Dauntless. is it a typo, or is it actually meant to go under Redoubtable?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    My fault on both of those counts. I'll clear these up and get an edit in.

Edit: Edited!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I have a question about the rewards. While the exact costume pieces aren't listed on the FAQ, on the CO website it details the costume. On that page, it says the Spartan Lion costume set gets a cape, but on PTS there is no cape unlock. Will we be getting that cape or was there an error in listing the cape?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Nice, shame about ze lack of piccies. The Paladin armour, It's illusiveness intrigues me.

I guess the cape is like the druid/wizard hood and gone AWOL.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Too bad they didn't fix the glaring error of 90% of these rewards being boring, but maybe next year.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    GM Destra wrote:
    Hey All,

Our Veteran Rewards FAQ has been posted!

Check it out here!

If you have any questions that aren't answered, feel free to post them here and I'll do my best to get the information!

Note: Veteran Rewards are currently not live - we will update this post when they go live in the near future!

Yes ,
    Thanks your Crew have always been kind.. [Cheers] This may help some people..

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

So They add up [I snuck into PTs for a preview and started a new toon received items that are nice thanks]
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    "Free Costume Pieces - Epic Revelation Set"
    Is this still the Paladin armor or something else?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If you are a lifetime subscriber you will still need to wait 100 days from the day you purchased your lifetime subscription to be eligible for the 100 Day Veteran Rewards, 200 days for the 200 Day Veteran Rewards, etc.

Aren't all veteran rewards calculated from the day the game was released?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Is this XP buff going to be optional? If two people want to level together and one person is new to the game, it can bugger things up quite a bit.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Exorthian wrote:

They are based on the length of the total active account time you have accrued to CO. You don't need to be online, just the days the account was active. Veteran Rewards should accrue from the start of CO's release date, if you were active at that time. Any inactive account periods won't be counted.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    What I was actually trying to say was that the FAQ says that lifetime subscribers gain rewards as calculated from when they bought the lifetime subscription, when actually it's calculated from the release date (Sept 1st).
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    slipshod wrote:
    Too bad they didn't fix the glaring error of 90% of these rewards being boring, but maybe next year.

Agree with this. Wizard/Druid robes like horrible. Could have done much better but I guess all the costume talent is busy making stuff we'll have to buy. Thanks for showing us how much our continued support means Cryptic by giving us free crap. Literally.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There seems to be a huge disparity amongst lifetime subscribers on how many days they have. There are some approaching 400 days while others have well under 300. I currently have right at 300 days and I was in the head start, beta, and bought my lifetime sub shortly after they were first offered. Not that a day one way or the other matters, but when I see people with 40 more days then me I grow skeptical.

Is this even calculating correctly at all?:confused:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Matikz wrote:
    Agree with this. Wizard/Druid robes like horrible. Could have done much better but I guess all the costume talent is busy making stuff we'll have to buy. Thanks for showing us how much our continued support means Cryptic by giving us free crap. Literally.

I don't like to be the "negative" here - but for once I totally agree. Could the costume pieces be any... lamer? You'd think that spending 100 days as a customer would net something more... well... epic! But a hammer bracer? Not to mention the wizard's robes for 200 days are just a watered down version of the trenchcoat...

Come on Cryptic! I love you to death - but you gotta spend more time making truly unique items that will actually make your customers WANT to keep playing - just to unlock them. Here are some perfect examples:

• Some cool swords and guns.
    • Specialized travel powers.
    • An Egyptian-themed set (I'm thinking something like what King Tut wore).
    • Some wing variations (like different kinds of dragon and falcon wings).
    • Really "flashy" hairstyles (like a ponytail that reaches your feet and flows like a cape).

...and many many others. The goal of a reward for playing for so long is to have something flashy and epic - something that will catch the notice of other players and make them think "Hey! I want that costume piece!" - which will in turn lead them to keep up their subscriptions with you. :D

...I can't imagine any player thinking "Omgah! I want that hammer bracer!"... :(
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Exorthian wrote:

No, but they should have been.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Temprus wrote:
    "Free Costume Pieces - Epic Revelation Set"
    Is this still the Paladin armor or something else?

From what I understand, the Epic Revelation Set is taking the place of what was originally called the Paladin armor.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    GMDestra wrote:
    From what I understand, the Epic Revelation Set is taking the place of what was originally called the Paladin armor.

Is it just a name change, or completely different costume pieces?

If it's completely different costume pieces, will we be seeing this Paladin armor ingame soonish? :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The original listing for the druid costume set listed it as coming with a hood, but that seems to have been edited from the notes, and is absent from the game. ANy chance we'll be getting a hood for this set any time soon?
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Just noticed the page now has links for the images of the costume pieces. Nice!

As some have mentioned, the costume pieces are, well, really dependent on taste. One of the things I'd of liked to have seen is some Cryptic bucks thrown in as a reward, maybe 400 every 400 days or so. It'll give people the option at least to pick-up a costume set that they may like in the C-Store if the Veteran costumes don't fit with them.

I'm excited about the Verterans Rewards though, it was one of the things I like about City of Heroes. I was hoping Cryptic would continue it with Champions, and am glad to see they have. It was one of the reasons I got the Lifetime Sub, so I basically get the all the Vet rewards as soon as anyone else does. :D

Now, the CoH version did start out pretty slow, with some kinda meh stuff, depending on your character (Kilts for instance). However, by the 1 year mark, you got some extra powers (what would be like Devices) that were pretty cool.

However, Champions beats that right out of the gate with a Device for your first reward. Okay, a full health/energy potion every 2 hours isn't exactly epic, but you also get the XP bonus, and eventually extra character slots... so that first 15 levels at least go by a bit quicker with the new toon you roll.

Either way though, Veterans rewards is about giving to the people who have been there for a while, so these beginning rewards aren't too bad for only 1 year. However, I expect some pretty cool stuff, so a unique travel power or something I can use frequently to impress the newbs would be nice. :D

Also, a TP device to the Power House or Transport would be nice too.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    http://files.champions-online.com.s3.amazonaws.com/img/vet_rewards/300days_01.jpg

Do the actual Spartan Lion bracers cut off your hands? If so, I can wait till I get those. :p

Also, the Epic Revelation picture lacks a chest item, which it lists.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yay! The Nephilim missing link!

Been wanting for those forever; now to wait for... 5 months...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Farahl wrote:
    Is this XP buff going to be optional? If two people want to level together and one person is new to the game, it can bugger things up quite a bit.

Well at the moment it doesn't work so I wouldn't be too concerned.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If the revelation armour has replaced the paladin armour, I am very disappointed, as the Revelation armour looks... to be polite, underwhelming in the extreme.

What, if anything, is being done with the paladin set, if the revelation set is indeed different? I will be sorely annoyed if it gets pushed further back up the reward list.

If its merely a rename, I fail to see how any of that set looks remotely paladin.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    stordarth wrote:
    If the revelation armour has replaced the paladin armour, I am very disappointed, as the Revelation armour looks... to be polite, underwhelming in the extreme.

What, if anything, is being done with the paladin set, if the revelation set is indeed different? I will be sorely annoyed if it gets pushed further back up the reward list.

If its merely a rename, I fail to see how any of that set looks remotely paladin.

To me at least, it looks like they're saving Paladin for another award, maybe the 500 day thing. I seriously doubt Anyone would label Revelations as a Paladin style armor. Not that I mind the design...I'm all in favor of having spikey Baraka blades on characters :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So I guess at the rate this free self rez thingie keeps having shorter and short cool down, by 800 day we'd get an "Unyielding" title and Heroic Resonance that can be activated with no cool down! We can, like, tank anything in the game through sheer stubbornness!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Not to be a thread necromancer (is this one really dead?) but since all the Heroic Resonance bottles share the same cooldown timer, there's no benefit to having multiple copies of them. There's kind of a detriment really. If you just keep the fastest one on you things are fine, but if you fire off one of the longer ones, you end up with the timer blocking the faster recharge ones (or at least the one time I tested it, that might've been fixed).

So they go into the bank since I cannot use them, they eat up inventory space, and they tend to confuse me if I have more than one in place.

I still love the power, but I've also noticed it's interruptable by some things -- I attacked something a wee bit too high, hit the power, it didn't go off, hit it again, died, came back from respawn with the timer counting down.

Was it the intention that the cooldown timers act this way?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Foomf wrote:
    I still love the power, but I've also noticed it's interruptable by some things -- I attacked something a wee bit too high, hit the power, it didn't go off, hit it again, died, came back from respawn with the timer counting down.

Was it the intention that the cooldown timers act this way?

It's a problem with all healing devices and healing powers. Happens to me all the time.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well I am about 74 days away from the 400 day vet badge, so my question from earlier stands, will there be 500 day, 600 day and so on created as time goes on?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The increased XP gain from level 1-15 is interesting, but kinda pointless as those os the fastest levels with the most content already. What we really need is increased XP gains from level 20-35 or so.

It also wouldn't hurt if instead of retcon tokens and stuff we just got C-Store points, which we could then spend on whatever stuff we wanted.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I figured i'd say something here because i don't want to bother making a whole new thread about this. But why are they giving Heroic Resonance every 100 days? I'm not saying that i don't appreciate free goodies, but at the moment i have 3 items with huge respawns (even at 300 days i have 3 with 75min cooldown) just sitting in my inventory. I pose the question a Dev, why one every millstone?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Jazzaiz wrote:
    I figured i'd say something here because i don't want to bother making a whole new thread about this. But why are they giving Heroic Resonance every 100 days? I'm not saying that i don't appreciate free goodies, but at the moment i have 3 items with huge respawns (even at 300 days i have 3 with 75min cooldown) just sitting in my inventory. I pose the question a Dev, why one every millstone?

Every 100 days you get a resonance with a shorter cooldown than the previous ones. There's really no reason to keep the others, since they share a cooldown anyway.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Because each milestone is shorter trime period before it's usable again.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Silverspar wrote:
    Well I am about 74 days away from the 400 day vet badge, so my question from earlier stands, will there be 500 day, 600 day and so on created as time goes on?

Over the Lifetimes Categories; I would like some insight here to..

It would be reassuring to know when i nuzzle into the VIP lounge that all the best-est treats aren't already gone? The Resonance item has been very useful ;not perfect but a nice item. Like my Deluxe Special gift for not purchasing a jewel case but getting the Collector edition [w Grond inborn tenacity]
    [well ok it was a birthday gift but i selected it] but it was 20 more then the box sitting next to it on the bottom self.. i crawled on my hands and knees to reach it.. Im not proud when it comes to a bargain But sometimes you sport for something intangible as a thank you back to a new DEV TM [old name massively new roster past the boss.]

But Diablo had more tangible swag.. i like mouse pads w logos note pads t-shirts B-Ball hats not made in some country with bad stitching and yes that is.

What could be fun would be a Special Longevity Reward Mission invite or Event alert from Socrates?
    Things done in the past for special participation were Special AF..
    Im proud of my Chibi Destroid and Special Defender and I earned my Traffic cone Im very cheep and just pretend it s a witches had cause i retconned out of sorcery in Beta for my primary.

Things you could do would be to allow PTS for us on Tribble for something involving pointed ears that's not EQ .. seeing we're already here.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    with us approaching 400 days, a good question now needs to be asked

will there be any vet rewards past the 400 mark?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Where is the vet reward FAQ? The link in the first post is, like the link on the game launcher, a bad link. It redirects to the Atari support page, where there is no link to any such FAQ and most of the links that are there are broken (browser status bar error messages when clicked, no page load). Anyone have a good url for the FAQ? Or is it offline? If it's offline, why is it still featured in the latest news pane of the game launcher?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I inadvertantly and rather hastily binned three heroic resonances in an attempt to pick up what i thought was a broken Qwyjibo reward. :( - how do i get them back? - they are not in the bonus section tab of the c-store nor anywhere in the VIP lounge, thanks.

(btw: have bugged it).
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [EDIT]: Nevermind, saw the Atari support FAQ that says:
    If you destroy this item, there is currently no way to get it back! A solution is in the works for an upcoming patch.

Any update on a solution in an upcoming patch most welcome.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Is anyone else having trouble discarding the old heroic resonances? when i try to it either says nothing or it just uses them.... any help (is it left click, which uses them, or right click, which seems to do nothing)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Since they have made it very hard to get to, here's the info:

What is the Champions Online Veterans Reward Program?

Champions Online Veterans Reward Program

Veteran Reward Program Overview
    Eligibility Requirements
    100 Day Veteran Rewards
    200 Day Veteran Rewards
    300 Day Veteran Rewards
    400 Day Veteran Rewards
    Veteran Reward Program Overview

It means a great deal to us that so many loyal fans have chosen to stay with Champions Online. To show our appreciation, we've put together this great Veteran Rewards program for everyone who has been a Champions Online subscriber.

The Champions Online Veteran Rewards Program is active on our LIVE server as of the patch that gives you the Serpent Lantern Adventure Pack.

Return to top

Eligibility Requirements

Veteran Rewards are given out based on how long you’ve had an active subscription. This information is tallied and stored as part of the existing Perk system in–game. Your subscription must be active for the total required amount of days to complete the associated Veteran Reward Perk. This time is not dependent on consecutive days. For example, if you subscribed for 60 days and canceled your subscription, then reactivated your subscription two weeks later, the first day you are back will count as day 61.

While you can check your Veteran Reward Perks in game to view your progress, this is not the most accurate view. The definitive tracker for all Veteran Rewards is in your very own User Account area! To look at this information simply log into the official website, and click the “My Account” link in the upper right corner. In the Products box, under ‘Subscriptions’ you will see the line “Subscribed For:” with a number of days listed; this is the official tracker for your Veteran Rewards.

If you are a lifetime subscriber you will still need to wait 100 days from the day you purchased your lifetime subscription to be eligible for the 100 Day Veteran Rewards, 200 days for the 200 Day Veteran Rewards, etc.

To learn more about Perks, please click here.

Return to top

100 Day “Stalwart” Veteran Rewards

Once you have been a paid subscriber for 100 days you will receive the following Stalwart Veteran Rewards in-game:

"Stalwart" Title

This is an exclusive title that you will receive once you have been a paid subscriber for 100 days. All current characters and future characters on your account will have this title automatically bestowed on them once you have completed the Stalwart Perk. You can set this Title by opening the Character Overview (the “C” key by default), and clicking the Title dropdown toward the upper left of the window.

Free Full Retcon Token

This Free Full Retcon token is applied to your each of your characters under the “Gained Retcon” category. It stacks with any other Gained Retcons this character has received. You can redeem these in any Powerhouse to fully clear your powers and allow you to start from scratch. Even a new character will gain this Retcon, but each character can gain this ‘Stalwart’ Retcon once.

Free Costume Piece – Hammer Bracers

These bracers are unlocked once you enter the game with any character. You can then wear these bracers by visiting the Character Creator with a new character or the Tailor on an existing character; set your Hands selection to the “Hands & Short Gloves” category. Then switch to the Torso tab, and under the “Bracers” category, you will be able to select “Unique: Hammer.”

Hammer Bracers currently cannot be worn with Full Shirts or Jackets.

For more information on changing costumes, please click here.

Experience Boost

Once you have achieved the Stalwart Perk, all characters on your account that are below Level 15 will automatically have a 5% XP boost applied. Currently there is no buff icon associated with this boost, but rest assured you are receiving it.

Heroic Resonance (100 Day Variant)

Once you have unlocked the Stalwart Perk, all characters on your account will receive the “Heroic Resonance” device. This device instantly restores all of your Health and Energy when it is used from the Device Tray. The 100 Day version may only be used once every 120 minutes (2 hours).

If you destroy this item, there is currently no way to get it back! A solution is in the works for an upcoming patch.

Return to top

200 Day “Redoubtable” Veteran Rewards

"Redoubtable" Title

All of your characters will receive the Perk and Title of Redoubtable. You can set this Title by opening the Character Overview (the “C” key by default), and clicking the Title dropdown toward the upper left of the window.

Extra Character Slot

Once one of your characters has received the “Redoubtable” perk, you will be able to create one additional character beyond the default maximum of 8 characters.

Depending on certain promotions or C-Store purchases, you may already have an increased limit. You can view your current character limit by going to the “Choose Your Champion!” screen and hovering your mouse cursor over the “New Champion” button. A tooltip will appear that states how many more characters you can create.

Free Costume Pieces - Wizard / Druid Robes

These robes are unlocked once you enter the game with any character. You may visit the Costume Unlocks tab in the Character Creator or Tailor to view where these costume pieces may be found.

Experience Boost

Once you have achieved the Redoubtable Perk, all characters on your account that are below Level 15 will automatically have a 7.5% XP boost applied. Currently there is no buff icon associated with this boost, but rest assured you are receiving it.

Heroic Resonance (200 Day Variant)

Once you have unlocked the Redoubtable Perk, all characters on your account will receive the “Heroic Resonance” device. This device instantly restores all of your Health and Energy when it is used from the Device Tray. The 200 Day version may only be used once every 90 minutes.

You may have both the new and the old version of this item. However, if you use one, none of the Heroic Resonance items in your inventory may be used for 90 minutes (Or the cooldown displayed on the one you used). If you destroy this item, there is currently no way to get it back! A solution is in the works for an upcoming patch.

Return to top

300 Day “Dauntless” Veteran Rewards

“Dauntless” Title

All of your characters will receive the Perk and Title of Dauntless. You can set this Title by opening the Character Overview (the “C” key by default), and clicking the Title dropdown toward the upper left of the window.

Extra Costume Slot

Once one of your characters has received the “Dauntless” perk, you will be able to save one costume in addition to the costume slots you have already gained.

Depending on certain promotions or progress in-game, you may already have an increased limit. You can view the number of costume slots you currently have by going to any Tailor. You may put any costume in one of these slots by clicking on a slot with “New” in the center. You can switch costumes any time by right-clicking on your character portrait in the upper left, clicking Change Costume, then clicking on the name of the costume you have put into one of these slots.

For more information on changing costumes, please click here.

Free Costume Pieces – Spartan Lion Armor

This armor set is unlocked once you enter the game with any character. You may visit the Costume Unlocks tab in the Character Creator or Tailor to view where these costume pieces may be found.

Experience Boost

Once you have achieved the Dauntless Perk, all characters on your account that are below Level 15 will automatically have a 10% XP boost applied. Currently there is no buff icon associated with this boost, but rest assured you are receiving it.

Heroic Resonance (300 Day Variant)

Once you have unlocked the Dauntless Perk, all characters on your account will receive the “Heroic Resonance” device. This device instantly restores all of your Health and Energy when it is used from the Device Tray. The 300 Day version may only be used once every 75 minutes.

You may have both the new and the older versions of this item. However, if you use one, none of the Heroic Resonance items in your inventory may be used for 75 minutes (Or the cooldown displayed on the one you used).

Return to top

400 Day “Valiant” Veteran Rewards

“Valiant” Title

All of your characters will receive the Perk and Title of Valiant. You can set this Title by opening the Character Overview (the “C” key by default), and clicking the Title dropdown toward the upper left of the window.

VIP Access to Club Caprice

After logging in and gaining the “Valiant” Perk, your character will be able to go to Club Caprice and enter the VIP Lounge. There you will gain certain benefits, such as a UNITY vendor, Nemesis vendor, and a vendor for consumable devices.

Club Caprice is located in the Renaissance Center of Millennium City. If you have a mission that leads to Club Caprice, it is possible that you will not be able to enter the VIP Lounge until the mission is complete.

Free Full Retcon Token

This Free Full Retcon token is applied to your each of your characters under the “Gained Retcon” category. It stacks with any other Gained Retcons this character has received. You can redeem these in any Powerhouse to fully clear your powers and allow you to start from scratch. Even a new character will gain this Retcon, but each character can gain this ‘Valiant’ Retcon once.

Free Costume Pieces - Epic Revelation Set

This armor set is unlocked once you enter the game with any character. You may visit the Costume Unlocks tab in the Character Creator or Tailor to view where these costume pieces may be found.

Experience Boost

Once you have achieved the Valiant Perk, all characters on your account that are below Level 15 will automatically have a 12.5% XP boost applied. Currently there is no buff icon associated with this boost, but rest assured you are receiving it.

Heroic Resonance (400 Day Variant)

Once you have unlocked the Valiant Perk, all characters on your account will receive the “Heroic Resonance” device. This device instantly restores all of your Health and Energy when it is used from the Device Tray. The 400 Day version may only be used once every 60 minutes.

You may have both the new and the older versions of this item. However, if you use one, none of the Heroic Resonance items in your inventory may be used for 60 minutes (Or the cooldown displayed on the one you used).

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Okay, so I have my 400 day set. Some of it is cool. Some of it is not. Specifically, the part where you need Beast Legs to use the "foot" wear. It is really cool looking, especially for a celestial themed hunter type, but the beast legs changes that. *Sigh* As you can see, I still like my shoulder pads.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Any word if the discounts for unity and nemesis vendors is only for lifers or available for anyone who hits 400 days?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Sorry to drag this up from the dead....

For my 500 day award, rather than get the healing potion, I just got a duplicate of the heroic resonance with a 60ish minute cooldown - is this bugged?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    thisisgil wrote:
    Sorry to drag this up from the dead....

For my 500 day award, rather than get the healing potion, I just got a duplicate of the heroic resonance with a 60ish minute cooldown - is this bugged?

That is what everyone gets.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Dardove wrote:
    That is what everyone gets.

So what's the point of getting the same item with the same cooldown as both a 400 and 500 day reward???
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    thisisgil wrote:
    So what's the point of getting the same item with the same cooldown as both a 400 and 500 day reward???

We think it was a joke on the part of the devs.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Withe the Epic renaissance set(Nephilim set),there is the neck armor( or gorgerin),its cool and all that but...

Why the hell is it only useable with robotic arms?

Is it normal or meant that way?(wich i highly doubt)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Zenebatos wrote:
    Withe the Epic renaissance set(Nephilim set),there is the neck armor( or gorgerin),its cool and all that but...

Why the hell is it only useable with robotic arms?

Is it normal or meant that way?(wich i highly doubt)

It's not and I can prove it. I have a character that has it with the standard skins&tights torso type option
This discussion has been closed.