test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forum Game?: Choose your favorite character by the previous poster.

1545556575860»

Comments

• Options
    craybesttcraybestt Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yeah, this forum game will be dead if we can't get out heroes page back :S
    edited July 2012
    anyone know how to change your avatar to something other than the stock ones they have here
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    anyone know how to change your avatar to something other than the stock ones they have here

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=149591

Here you go! :cool:

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This thread, pretty much my favorite, has run continuously for over 2 years, and they just killed it... :mad:

Please bring the My Characters page back!

:mad:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    verminousbastichverminousbastich Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    PWE....Which of you &^%$ killed our roster pages?
    What even made you think this was a good idea?
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    D'oh, yeah, that might put a damper on the gameplay of this 296-or-so page thread.

It might be a good idea to bring that back, too, or else we might see a huge influx of "GALLERY!" threads and possibly people flooding bio sites or whatever.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Luckily I made a bio thread, Bluh...

....oh wait, it got archived...

FFFUUUUU
  • Options
    blackdroserablackdrosera Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In CORE Connect have a "Game Character"-slots, but there is nothing options available. I hope this functionality will be soon CO compatible.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There is no functionality in Cryptic, only Zuul.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    There is no functionality in PWE, only Zuul.
    Felt the need to correct that, because apparently the reason we can't get to Champs data from here is because PWE can't talk properly to Cryptic's servers.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    onlysoulstaronlysoulstar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    they actually managed to kill this thread in one fell swoop. Sad day
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah... sadly I don't see this thread coming back to life, the CORE Connect characters profile won't suffice =S or at least not as far as I've seen this far, it sort of sucks.

I am crossing my fingers that the old characters page comes back, but to be honest I am not holding my breathe on this one

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Felt the need to correct that, because apparently the reason we can't get to Champs data from here is because PWE can't talk properly to Cryptic's servers.

Someone needs to teach Cryptic servers chinese?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Someone needs to teach Cryptic servers chinese?
    Well, I think it's more like someone teaching PWE's systems English - and about time, too; PWE is the North American subsidiary of PW, and they're headquartered in Redwood City, CA. :rolleyes:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Sooo close to 300 pages too, disappointing.

I really should do a montage page or finish my PRIMUS page. But, honestly, that's like far to much work for a lazy good for nothing sockmunkey.

It was fun while it lasted
  • Options
    blackdroserablackdrosera Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There is no functionality in Cryptic, only Zuul.

Have Zuul all functionality?
  • Options
    mawaynemawayne Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Such an awesome thread...not just for the game, but players who recognized me from it would often message me a "hello" in-game and vice versa. It was another example of the great CO community.

I hope we get some functionality to view characters and restart this, but unfortunately I find myself quite (uncharacteristically) pessimistic these days...
    edited July 2012
    We can only hope that adding this functionality back in is on the drawing board. :/

I kind of miss browsing people's characters/builds.

...yes. I've been looking at all your shiny data. All of it. ಠ_ಠ

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    this thread, it will live on even if i have to give some kind of speech daily in the thread..it iwll live
  • Options
    blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
    I'm the ruler of the fire power.
  • Options
    thhunterofskullsthhunterofskulls Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I will be very happy if they ever fix things so we can go back to being able to see our character overviews and bios.
  • Options
    stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    By the way the last archived post was me, hopefully people can remember that for the restart if it happens. :biggrin:

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Bump for great justice

Yea, got nothing to show....this just needed a bump
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'll go with Cloak this time... cuz I lurbs her hooded caster design with tights... and also because this thread deservez ze bump somehow =p hahaha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Your caster concept design was really really nice -thumbs up-
  • Options
    h0monculush0monculus Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I choose sinclair because he looks awesome :D
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Here's a fun little idea I came up with. Basically, what you do is post a link to your profile page, which has a full list of all the characters you've got. The next poster will then look at this link, and out of your list, choose the one they like the most. They can also write why they like 'em the most, too, if so inclined.

READY? GO.
    Link to my profile/character list is above. Use it as a template to link to your own by substituting my username for your own.

A quick question - Did the CO Character Profile page go away with the update to the board? I cannot seem to get to anyone's profile page.

Or am I looking in the wrong spot? :confused:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    The 'My Characters' exists nomore.
    Thumbs up for PWE of it.
  • Options
    stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd encourage everyone to start making PRIMUS database pages but I know their servers are having a hard time as it is.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I thought to start adding pics of my characters to CORE Connect. Atleast people would see full pics of the characters and it had some use..there's only 2 there but i keep adding more... Don't mind the ugly dude's mug there...
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well, except that nobody at PWE seems terribly concerned about making their servers play nice with Cryptic's database, so as far as I can tell I still can't connect my Champs characters in there (or my STO characters, but that's not as big a deal to me).

• Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm debating making an imageshack for this. I miss this thread.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    d0m1nusdrak3d0m1nusdrak3 Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I miss being able to see other peoples toons with just a click of a button.
    ====================================
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ====================================
    Dominus Drake Primus Database ,Also @Pyromasher ingame
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Click meh link, I has a primus page and it's growing.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    stmoth wrote: »
    Click meh link, I has a primus page and it's growing.
    Yeah, my only problem is that I'll have to set aside a chunk of time at some point and take screenshots of my characters for PRIMUS pages. Might go ahead and do that, but I don't know if I'll have time for the next month or so (the kids go back to school on Sept. 5, which will free up a little time for me...).

• Options
    edited July 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Yeah, my only problem is that I'll have to set aside a chunk of time at some point and take screenshots of my characters for PRIMUS pages. Might go ahead and do that, but I don't know if I'll have time for the next month or so (the kids go back to school on Sept. 5, which will free up a little time for me...).
    Yup. Finding time to post your heroes up... I suspect that will be the main reason a game like this will end up with fewer players then before.

If the only thing you had to do to play before was post a link to your My Characters folder, that made it easy for any one, even a new player, to join in the fun. Having to create a page to put all of your heroes on could be a lot of time some players will have little of to create or to keep up once they start one. Christmas on a Cracker, The Slapperfish would be busy for months or even years getting all his heroes up with full details. :eek:

It's a shame too. I liked seeing what crazy new heroes Slapperfish, Speednob, Rhytt , just to name a few, had created this week. :biggrin: Didn't even need to play the game to want to see what silly new puns for heroes they'd made. :smile:

Any word if PW is going to try and bring My Characters back at some point in the future or is it gone for good?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    It's a shame too. I liked seeing what crazy new heroes Slapperfish, Speednob, Rhytt , just to name a few, had created this week. :biggrin: Didn't even need to play the game to want to see what silly new puns for heroes they'd made. :smile:

That to me, is the big issue right there. I loved the puns!!

The problem is the joke really looses something when you gota put so much effort in just trying to show it off.

I might, take the time to do my serious characters in a PRIMUS page....or at the very least finish the pages i've started. But to do so for just a joke character...seems extreme.

Shame too, I finally got around to making one myself. Never really got a chance to wow the forum with the great El Emmin Ohpeeoh Matador extraordinaire. :tongue:
  • Options
    matikz47matikz47 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Personally I'm working on making a photobucket gallery of my characters. Takes too long to set up a Primus page personally.
  • Options
    mawaynemawayne Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    matikz47 wrote: »
    Personally I'm working on making a photobucket gallery of my characters. Takes too long to set up a Primus page personally.

Same here. I'm just going to post a screenshot or two of each.

I do miss the ease of just seeing all characters in one place and in the same format. I hope they bring it back, but I'm not hopeful.
    edited July 2012
    well for me, it's doubly purposeful so i can keep my stories around.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    If you guys get around to it, Trailturtle created a thread for sharing/showing off costumes.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=167981

It's not much of a thread, but it might become something.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg