Options

Giving Needy Children A Friend for the Holidays

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    masterdx wrote:
    Oh and that's why the DEVS themselves put this thread on the front page and promoted the thing MP wanted to do? Seriously?

Yeah, just ignore him...

I, for one, am glad they put it on the front page....and fully supported the drive for bears. The devs helped out a worthy cause, and I cannot even fathom why a person would think that helping children is bad, and a thread about it should be closed.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lol.

The devs gave the thumbs up for this thread in like fourteen different ways.

I know . But 1. you asked about the guidelines , not dev approval. 2. It just shows how asleep the people at the helm of the ship are . I understand that in some cases the people who make the rules can break them (like a former vice-president who shot someone in the face yet didn't have to file a police report) but that does not make it any less of a violation . Doesn't matter how well intentioned . Just because the devs allowed a link to a website because this happened to be a cause they deemed worthy by the same token should we let anyone who wants to advertise a product post on the forums ? It would make sense to allow them too if their businesses were going under , as it would save their employees from unemployment , foreclosure of their homes etc etc . There are lots of scenarios where it would be a good thing . But rules are rules. The thread was not a fun read due to all the back and forth squabbling . People's feelings seem to have gotten hurt . And none of it would have happened if everyone had just followed the rules.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Diluant wrote:
    Yeah, just ignore him...

I, for one, am glad they put it on the front page....and fully supported the drive for bears. The devs helped out a worthy cause, and I cannot even fathom why a person would think that helping children is bad, and a thread about it should be closed.

I never said it was bad . Don't put words in my mouth . But your assumption is false. Mp could have purchased x amount of anything he wanted to donate to whomever w/out a thread . Of course donating to causes is good.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    LAFURY wrote:
    by the same token should we let anyone who wants to advertise a product post on the forums ?
    I missed the part where I was trying to sell people something.

This was a charity to give teddy bears to children that aren't as lucky as you.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I missed the part where I was trying to sell people something.

This was a charity to give teddy bears to children that aren't as lucky as you.

I was not talking about you . I already said the thread in theory was a good idea . Do you read posts before you respond ? I was commenting on forum guidelines and possible scenarios . Sheesh .

Done .
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    LAFURY wrote:
    I was not talking about you . I already said the thread in theory was a good idea . Do you read posts before you respond ? I was commenting on forum guidelines and possible scenarios . Sheesh .

Done .
    You aren't making sense.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    LAFURY wrote:

Done .

15. Are you serious?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ssj wrote:
    15. Are you serious?

Thought I was done :) . Lol touche sir /tiphat

Mp if this is confusing you just read the guidelines . Nothing I said was confusing .

K now done .
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    LAFURY wrote:
    Thought I was done :) . Lol touche sir /tiphat

Mp if this is confusing you just read the guidelines . Nothing I said was confusing .
    That the devs supported my charity drive, and posted it to the front page.

Obviously you've misinterpreted what the rules cover.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    That the devs supported my charity drive, and posted it to the front page.

Obviously you've misinterpreted what the rules cover.

Negative . What I've been saying (repeatedly) is that the devs did not , for whatever reason , lock this thread even though it clearly violates their own forum rules . The rules are there for anyone to look at . I didn't misunderstand anything . I saw the devs not following their own rules .

That had to be clear enough . And for the record I think the charity drive was a good for the community . Times are tough and the op did a good thing .

If your counter-arguement is that it's better to break the rules to brighten someone's day, someone who desperately needs help I agree . But that is not my point .

Rules were ignored .

Sidenote : Kudos for the event . I'm just of the belief that the rules should apply to everyone . You made kids happy. You made the community feel good . Chalk it up as a win .

Good day .
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    LAFURY wrote:
    Negative . What I've been saying (repeatedly) is that the devs did not , for whatever reason , lock this thread even though it clearly violates their own forum rules . The rules are there for anyone to look at . I didn't misunderstand anything . I saw the devs not following their own rules .

That had to be clear enough . And for the record I think the charity drive was a good for the community . Times are tough and the op did a good thing .

If your counter-arguement is that it's better to break the rules to brighten someone's day, someone who desperately needs help I agree . But that is not my point .

Rules were ignored .

Sidenote : Kudos for the event . I'm just of the belief that the rules should apply to everyone . You made kids happy. You made the community feel good . Chalk it up as a win .

Good day .
    This will probally get me my 72 hour vacation from the forums but...

10 PRINT "Shut."
    20 PRINT "Up."
    30 PRINT "QFT."
    40 GOTO 30
    45 REM "For redundancy"
    50 END