Options

Forum Based Costume Contest #7... Mad Science

2»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The Rad-iator

Being a great inventor of the modern era, he began working for Dunchess Industries creating new serums and cures for diseases when he was grabbed for use in VIPER's nuclear testing. He valiantly tried to escape but with no hope against the powerful viper agents. Being tossed into a vat of nuclear waste was not how he envisioned waking up that morning, but suddenly found himself gaining radiation powers, but the damage done to his lungs and internals was immense. He had been using an experinmental hazard suit while working and after breaking out was able to reach his lab and settled into his suit and breathing apparatus knowing this to be the last time he would ever breath fresh air again. From that day forth he became "THE RAD-IATOR"

He currently uses green force powers. Hoping for a radiation set sometime in the future.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ben "Lighting Rod" Franklin

screenshot_2009-12-06-10-42-03.jpg

screenshot_2009-12-06-10-44-53.jpg

screenshot_2009-12-06-10-45-17.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Skeeter the Mad Redneck Scientist from Alabama.

Skeeter loves to use mad science to blow up beer cans, trailers, and small critters. If'n ya bring yon ovur yur car ya'll leave wit a sweet horn that blews Dix-ie and a rebel flag un tup. Yun can al-sa watch free cable on his sat-e-lite dish.

screenshot_2009-12-06-11-20-26.jpg

screenshot_2009-12-06-11-20-31.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Skeeter the Mad Redneck Scientist from Alabama.

Skeeter loves to use mad science to blow up beer cans, trailers, and small critters. If'n ya bring yon ovur yur car ya'll leave wit a sweet horn that blews Dix-ie and a rebel flag un tup. Yun can al-sa watch free cable on his sat-e-lite dish.

screenshot_2009-12-06-11-20-26.jpg

screenshot_2009-12-06-11-20-31.jpg

I didn't know we could have logos on the hats. Nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    you cant, thats just the second skin for the cap.

You need to update your sig, btw :)

Two costumes I made after seeing saldans posts. These are no entries for the contest just wanted to share them.
    Ray and Peter
    http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p272/ButstonFreem/CO%20chars/ray.jpg
    http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p272/ButstonFreem/CO%20chars/peter.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Butston wrote:
    you cant, thats just the second skin for the cap.

You need to update your sig, btw :)

Two costumes I made after seeing saldans posts. These are no entries for the contest just wanted to share them.
    Ray and Peter
    http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p272/ButstonFreem/CO%20chars/ray.jpg
    http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p272/ButstonFreem/CO%20chars/peter.jpg

Nice, I think I like your faces more than mine for them. Dr A Gon started out as play on the name and then Ray was supposed to be named Dr Dray Stands but typed it wrong when I posted so just went with it, and then had to have a complete set. Never quite got the faces right, but I am my worst critic on those things.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Thanks, glad you like them. I went back and forth between the propper collar of the formal shirt and the option of elbowpads for thights. I really like Dr A Gon, nice play of words.

Maybe i'll do the rest too but lately my character creator is horribly laggy which takes a lot of fun out of it. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    M.A.D. Scientist
    Doctor Marshal A. Davidson had never considered himself mad. Sure, his concept for a miniaturized atomic reactor worn on one's back was unheard of. Revolutionary, even. His peers were jealous of his genius. That's why they laughed him right out of his teaching position at Millennium City University.

They called Davidson mad. Well, they got their wish; he got M.A.D. He intends to go out in a blaze of radioactive glory the next time anyone laughs at his theories, taking the jokers with him.

• Options
    edited December 2009
    M.A.D. Scientist
    Doctor Marshal A. Davidson had never considered himself mad. Sure, his concept for a miniaturized atomic reactor worn on one's back was unheard of. Revolutionary, even. His peers were jealous of his genius. That's why they laughed him right out of his teaching position at Millennium City University.

They called Davidson mad. Well, they got their wish; he got M.A.D. He intends to go out in a blaze of radioactive glory the next time anyone laughs at his theories, taking the jokers with him.

I love the Melvin shot! Too funny
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Adogg wrote:
    I love the Melvin shot! Too funny

Melvin's non-judgmental, a good listener, and you can use him to read by at night. A great companion to have around. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ahh man, you beat me to my latest creations name. I really like the way you went with him. Sweet pic next to the glowing skeleton too. Here is my renamed creation.

Dr. Bethany A Darling always had the highest scores in class, and always won first place in the beauty pageants that payed for her schooling. She was never taken seriously by her peers due to her stunning good looks and beauty pageant contests. After an experiment proving the theory of a single life force as the energy source that connects all things in existence, she was laughed at by the science community as a whole for her "Gaia" theory. Enough years of ridicule and she had all she could take.

Now as Dr. B.A.D. Scientist, she will show the world her brilliance, with a style and beauty no one can match. Using her experiment to repair or damage all existence as she sees fit. The Qularr invasion proves to be the perfect testing ground, providing ample subjects for study. The only question remains will she use her powers for good or evil in the end, or if she even makes a distinction between the two anymore.

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae356/copper2677/BAD01.jpg

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae356/copper2677/BAD02.jpg

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae356/copper2677/BAD03.jpg

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae356/copper2677/BAD04.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Dr. Wicked

Dr. Wikya Kedlov, famous Russian psychiatrist and biotechnological scientist. He was very interested in the manimal psyche, he "experimented" on them in the most brutal ways possible. He was captured multiple times, in prisons and mental hospitals all over the world. He escaped from every place by playing cruel mind games with his guards and fellow inmates.

screenshot_2009-12-08-23-06-51.jpg

Had to farm 5000maniacs for that mouth piece, I hope he worked alright XD
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    New costume and contest forum is now open.

http://forums.champions-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=173
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Voron97 wrote:
    Dr. Wicked
    Had to farm 5000maniacs for that mouth piece, I hope he worked alright XD

Good job!

Adogg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Monkey B.O.I

Not your ordinary pet monkey. The (B)ionic (O)rganic (I)ntelligent monkey is the ultimate Monkey Boy.

Originally invented to be mass produced as a lab assistant to all the evil mad scientist out there. Monkey B.O.I became "aware" and rebelled against his creators in order to serve the greater good.

Monkey B.O.I - Front
    Monkey B.O.I - Right side
    Monkey B.O.I - Left side
    Monkey B.O.I - Back
    Monkey B.O.I - Swing
    Monkey B.O.I - Swing fall
    Monkey B.O.I - In a tree (his core programming is that of a monkey after all!)
    Monkey B.O.I - Rapid fire

EDIT: Typo fix.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    This event closes on Friday ....
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hmmm... you got it easy this time Adogg. :rolleyes: Maybe the theme was just not big enough.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Time to start the judging ....
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Stinks, I erased some of my pics on photobuck. I'm such a knuckle head, I didn't even think about what i had done till I saw your dead link posted. So sorry.:(

screenshot_2009-12-06-11-20-22.jpg

Here are some fresh links to two of them if you want them.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Stinks, I erased some of my pics on photobuck. I'm such a knuckle head, I didn't even think about what i had done till I saw your dead link posted. So sorry.:(

screenshot_2009-12-06-11-20-22.jpg

Here are some fresh links to two of them if you want them.

Great! .... Thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Winners are up on the first page!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Gratz to all the winners! Those are some awesome costumes.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Gratz to all! The winners where great and I love the number #1, that really was the best of this contest:D
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I won, yay :D

thanks again to Adogg for organizing these contests and to all participants for making them so enjoyable.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I would congratulate the winners for their great jobs, but seeing as how this is a Mad Scientist contest...

CURSES!!! FOILED AGAIN!! YOU'LL RUE THE DAY YOU CROSSED ME!! I'LL HAVE MY REVENGE!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Congrats to the winners! There were some very stylish costumes this time around.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Wow, 2nd AND 4th place! I'm honored! Thank you and grats Butston I'm not surprised at all you won, great job!!
  • Options
    kimbiroskimbiros Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think the answer is yes, you could go for a monkey costume kit, or other alternative. I am to a big fan, good luck and let's see how you handle.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Necromancy errywhere! ONE OF US. ONE OF US.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    epic-facepalm-when-you-just-know-you-messed-up-demotivational-poster-1253705267.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2014
    Given how their post was barely related to the topic and included an advertisement for a real life product...

I think it's just a spambot.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    Oh dear, closing.
This discussion has been closed.