Trident of the Elemental Master

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Bump cause this is still just retarded
    edited September 2009
    For years on coh we yearned for cool effective temp powers to further develop character concepts. If an item is being actually effective in pvp that is a good thing. Most i have found so far are barely able to dent a player and so I only carry ones taht heal me or buff me usually. and maybe a hold power I have to. And in the end we all can get them so it is balanced. Dont pvp unless your prepared, items are part of the game use them or die to those who do.

That's all well and good but having a power like this that does far more damage than any other power AND only having a 30 second cooldown is absurd.
    edited September 2009
    I think it's a great item, and I have balanced my toon to be able to survive 1 of these... if your toon, cant then he/she is to much of a female cat. i use this thing all the time when its up... and the good players might only die to it once in a match... people who just rush and shoot shoot shoot... they die ALOT....but its just not the trident killing them... most the time it hits someone and drops them low... and they still have time to do something.. but react to slow and die to other powers... + i just used my free respec around that trident and the look of it.. if they nurf that sucker ima need another free respec :-)
    edited September 2009
    Ran into a guy today in Stronghold Prison that would fly out, trident someone, and then fly back to the spawn to wait for the cooldown. That's all he did.

I teleported in and two-shotted him with Ego-Blast.
    edited September 2009
    This thing arcs too... That's jsut silly as well.

It also makes duels (i know duels aren't real PvP) really friggin boring or dumb, all they do is run around and wait for the cooldown and not actually use any of thier powers. I think the trident would be fine if there were any actual powers that were even similar to it.
    edited September 2009
    It's easily blocked as soon as you see the power up animation. If you don't block and have no resists gear on then you are getting hit as if one of the Hero/Villain NPC's hit you with one of their charged up powers.
    The Trident is fine. I see someone powering one up, I use a knockback or block and take a few hundred in damage.
    edited September 2009
    balkoth56 wrote:
    This thing arcs too... That's jsut silly as well.

It also makes duels (i know duels aren't real PvP) really friggin boring or dumb, all they do is run around and wait for the cooldown and not actually use any of thier powers. I think the trident would be fine if there were any actual powers that were even similar to it.

Gigabolt with enough as much Endurance + Retaliation as I have, I out damage the Trident in 5 hits/5 secs.
    edited September 2009
    Bisonberg wrote:
    Ran into a guy today in Stronghold Prison that would fly out, trident someone, and then fly back to the spawn to wait for the cooldown. That's all he did.

I teleported in and two-shotted him with Ego-Blast.

I hope you are not complaining then...2 shottting with Ego Blast..
    edited September 2009
    inademv wrote:
    That's all well and good but having a power like this that does far more damage than any other power AND only having a 30 second cooldown is absurd.

Sounds like from some of the above posters to include myself that we have plenty of powers that "recharge" within 30 seconds (Endurance build or timer) that can 2-5 shot people who don't block as well.

I have never seen the Trident one shot anyone (from full health) unless used in conjunction with some other skills that have a 1 to 1:30 minute recharge.

What I have seen is someone take a 4k Hit from the Trident and be fully healed in 3 seconds...now really what's OP'ed here?
    edited September 2009
    There is an EDIT button dude...
    It's easily blocked as soon as you see the power up animation. If you don't block and have no resists gear on then you are getting hit as if one of the Hero/Villain NPC's hit you with one of their charged up powers.

What about when you are hit with a Hold or a Crippling Challenge and can't block?
    Gigabolt with enough as much Endurance + Retaliation as I have, I out damage the Trident in 5 hits/5 secs.

Some things wrong with this.

You have 3 things working, Super End, Retaliation, and Gigavolt. You need to get hit to get the boost. and you need to generate energy up. With the trident you can hit it without any of these things and it takes less than a second to activate.
    edited September 2009
    I hope you are not complaining then...2 shottting with Ego Blast..

He was in Avenger mode and had 2.5k hp. I really don't see anything wrong with a Shadow Form rank 2 Ego Blast doing 1.2k damage on a full charge. Do you?
    edited September 2009
    Bisonberg wrote:
    He was in Avenger mode and had 2.5k hp. I really don't see anything wrong with a Shadow Form rank 2 Ego Blast doing 1.2k damage on a full charge. Do you?

Not at all, was just making sure someone 2 shotting is not complaining about the Trident. Carry on Ego killa
    edited September 2009
    balkoth56 wrote:
    There is an EDIT button dude...

What about when you are hit with a Hold or a Crippling Challenge and can't block?

What about it? You have to die sometimes and if you can't get your defenses up, have a HOT, turn a corner or take a 4k hit at 40th lvl then your toon isn that Super then eh?
    edited September 2009
    NPC's and heroes/villains in apoc dont block...there is your imbalance for the item right there.
    edited September 2009
    i agree bout that, thought Tridant does around 500-700 dmg on me but still can be op against others.
    edited September 2009
    I would like to know more about this item. As a crit monkey myself- I feel all left out not being able to beat that sort of damage on my best hits. Unless, of course, that thing crit's. If so, I would really like to test it out before it get's nerfed ^_^ ~13k damage is nothing to sneeze at, :D
    edited September 2009
    Ya I joined a game where everyone was using the trident (though they were frapsing it too show how OP it was). I must say that it was a stupid and pointless game I played. I kept getting 1 shotted from every angle.

Nerf bat the **** out of this item. It's far more OP than any power right now.
    edited September 2009
    I have never seen the Trident one shot anyone (from full health) unless used in conjunction with some other skills that have a 1 to 1:30 minute recharge.

There are several one shots in the video I posted a couple pages back. I realize player skills *can* hit this hard, but it takes many things coming together for this to happen. I"ve hit plenty of people for 6k-7k in PvP... with avenger mode, enrage, focus of the unleashed tempest, AND a 5 second charged sniper rifle. You can't exactly do that every 29 seconds.

On the other hand, I can sit somewhere unnoticed, and use the trident every 29 seconds for the same affect. Not to mention, I don't have to be in avenger mode. I don't like calling for nerfs, but this item needs some tweaking.

I'm posting this again, since it seems to have gotten lost in the fray.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6-LlmdPv6c
    edited September 2009
    All I know is I have Electric Form, which gives Resist to elec dmg, While blocking still get hit for 2-3k everytime I see some effin jack@ss using this item. Personally I would love to see the damn thing taken out forever cuz its getting ridiculous in Stronghold instances
    edited September 2009
    This item definitely needs to be toned down. Hopefully a DEV can tell us if this is on the to do list.
    edited September 2009
    Cabalis wrote:
    This item definitely needs to be toned down. Hopefully a DEV can tell us if this is on the to do list.

Or put an item in the game that is on a 30 second cooldown and makes it so that for 4 seconds, every point of damage you take is instead directed at the source.

I would love to make trident users one-shot themselves >=)

EDIT: or maybe at least split evenly
    edited September 2009
    squoke wrote:
    is this one of those drops that happen once a month or a quest reward? If it's a reward, I'd agree. If it's some super uber loot drop, then O.o

Friend obtained one randomly why swimming around to get to quests and killing things.

I myself killed almost 300 of the Elemental Masters and did not get one. Heck, only obtained around 4 other items in that time. :D
    edited September 2009
    Bismarck wrote:
    Or put an item in the game that is on a 30 second cooldown and makes it so that for 4 seconds, every point of damage you take is instead directed at the source.

I would love to make trident users one-shot themselves >=)

EDIT: or maybe at least split evenly

I would sacrifice all powers except for a defensive passive and the 2 basic attacks on one of my toons if they would give me an innate passive that worked like that :p
    edited September 2009
    Halaster wrote:
    Friend obtained one randomly why swimming around to get to quests and killing things.

I myself killed almost 300 of the Elemental Masters and did not get one. Heck, only obtained around 4 other items in that time. :D

I picked mine up on my very first kill. I was only 32, and I figured the tooltip was bugged.

A couple friends of mine have gotten theirs within an hour of just regular questing, and killing Elemental Masters when they saw one.
  • amy#8731 amy Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Any chance we could either get these insane drops either toned down or disabled in PvP? It's starting to get tedious being almost one shotted all the time by an item that seems to have infinite uses. Everyone can complain about power balance as much as they want but these drops are leaps and bounds beyond any power. 5.5k damage from a piece of gear...

yes is veri overpower please nerf criptic is make pvp very unplay ble make my master of mind and vapor form at sametime combo look very bad and it is just a device pls nerf ok

thanks....................................... regards

-brock L. kimbleston