test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Adjust the default blocking animation to work with shield bracers

godhandxiiigodhandxiii Posts: 69 Arc User
Right know, all the bracers with a shield attached look awkward when you're blocking, making them look terrible when used in actual combat. I know avianos' post about additional blocks has mentioned it but this single suggestion is simpler and might get lost in the loftier ones on that thread.

Should be something like just rotating the forearm bone the bracers are attached to instead of rotating the hand bone during the animation's key frames. Or whatever bone the bracers are attached to. Since multiple blocks are using the same animation, I'm guessing it's already prefabbed, so it should be possible to modify that prefab and propagate the changes, then adjust effects accordingly on the different blocks.

...or the animation's just copy-pasted across the powersets without a prefab and it's gonna be a pain to edit them all.

...or the spaghetti code's so bad that rotating a player's forearm would cause Defender's head to rotate 180° any time someone blocks.

...or the entire animation system's an eldritch being that doesn't use the same conventions I'm used to.