test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ballistic Shields Block for Munition+! EVERY POWERFRAME needs a Block

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited May 2023 in Suggestions Box
Every powerframe needs its OWN Block
and I MEAN EVERYONE! Including powerframes which also have theme blocks, give them a second one for more variety

Not only just for theme, but also for Freeform theme building!
Imagine the frustration of wanting to use an Energy Builder just for Theme but having no other options except the ultimate, to bypass!
Or a powerframe having little power I want to use it in the first place besides the EB (Celestial and Telepathy for example)

Munition got revamped TWO Times!
TWICE and it still doesn't have a theme block
Archery should have got a block too, but there is something about Archery's revamp that left more to be desired in general
Fighting Claws (and probably Dual Blades) has it easy with Bestial Supernatural's Antagonize as BASE
Ballistic Shields Block
This is something that has been suggested in the game's forums the past 10 years and I would like to bring it back to attention

There is already a block power ingame that recently DEVs used for the Golden Sun Sidekick!
Friendly Policemen and Prison Guards in Devil's head Mesa, have been using this power!
[Combat (Self)] Mind-Controlled Riot Guard deals 63 (294) Crushing Damage to you with Shield Bash.

[Combat (Self)] Mind-Controlled Riot Guard deals 45 (210) Crushing Damage to you with Shield Thrust.
Powerframe Munition
Innate Ability: As a parry, it will knock down the enemies on melee range! This effect can happen every X amount of time (Since Shield Bass also exist in the game's code)
ADV: Give it the Energy Shield - 3 points Laser Knight ADV so melee builds can use it for the Resistance buff and constantly have the shield out
Reduces your OWN damage by 10%
ADV: Last Bastion: 3points ADV, Raise the resistance of your allies around you by 33% and grands them 33% KNOCK resistance! Team Support version of the Laser Knight adv
Reduces your OWN damage by 10%
E8ZDGaG.gif
I WANT THIS
I NEED THIS

Interesting thing, the Agent Mechaforce ALSO use the shield animation, HOWEVER they spawn an actual Mechassassin shield while blocking, which cross-stack with their existing bracer

Meaning its own power with Summon-object mechanic
5DIFSyd.gif
This power will be tagged to work with Weapon auras too
Special: I would like this power to get a Tailor Option for SHIELDS!
The Police Ballistic shield being one of the free options, as well as if retrospectively making Shield Bracers available there!

However if it's not possible, there is a backup plan! Have an INVISIBLE option for the Shield on tailor
The Invisible Shield option will solve many issues I have with Shield Bracers
  1. You can still use the power with Bracer shield your costume already has! Instead of being forced to use a skin that only activates during combat, without interfering with your costume like Agent Mechaforce's case! (unless you want to have an X-cross shield)
  2. If you want to use the Block in general without a shield visual! (Invisible weapons build)
  3. By having it weapon option by itself, it solves the awkward scaling of Shield Bracers on tailor that become distorted and long if you use ANY arms slider than is not default :angry:
Extra: Adjust the animation rigging so it can work ESPECIALLY nice with Shield Bracers to avoid the awkward
This is the answer to Block animations, such as Parry and Retaliation, which are rigged this way that expose the wrong side of Arm making the Shields look awkwardly placed on the side instead of the center!

Imagine the potential Shield Unlocks this category could get, not only limited on physical Fantasy shields but also advanced SCI-FI

Energy Shields with tubes using Hexagons and Force fields
In fact this could work perfect as a Base for Gadgets too but with Hex aura effects on top of it
4c77e6c9c0ebc4d78051a21b424f1d93.jpg

I know what you thinking, why not just make it a Single Blade Block
Well, it's more fun having it on Munitions and rewards more Cross-powerframe building

Nobody will stop you from using it on a Single Blade or Heavy Weapons build
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Post edited by avianos on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Fighting Claws Block
    I love Fighting Claws, they are way more fun to play and experiment than Bestial Supernatural, but being an unrevamped powerframe for years now, it leaves SO MUCH MORE to be desired

Not only Bestial Supernatural Antagonize can be used as a base for Fighting Claws, but I noticed that the animation when you pick Boost orbs while the claws are out also could work very good
    hCW56A5.gif

Dual Blades Block
    Dual Blades are fun, but also extremely unrevamped leaving MORE to be desired
    Also I hate that I only have Single Blade's block as an option and can't use both my swords for block

There is Two ways to do a DB Block

Yugioh card reference incoming

Having the blades in an X-cross position
    300px-XSaberSouza-SP15-EN-C-1E.png
    Look at this absolutely unit
    This guy gets it! Horrible EFFECT though
    1280px-XSaber.png

or having the blades adjusted in a T-cross position
    No image reference here

POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Celestial Block

Aura visuals: Take Eldritch Shield as Base, but with different Rune, and give it more support ADVs
    Mechanics: Take Darkness Block as base for the mechanics and have it being more Support oriented
    • Heals Allies around you when you get hit while blocking
    • Has a chance to cause Illumination
    • ADV: Ebon Void's Voracious Darkness EXCEPT it only works on ALLIES
      Applies to Allies 10% Bonus Resistance to all damage for 10 seconds, Stacks 5 times

Archery Block

Use the Bow as a shield! Holding it in-front of you with both hands

I don't care for realism! We lifedrain, mind controlling and make robot bleed in this game
    UNLESS realism gives me more theme powers, don't talk to me about it!