test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CO AESTHETIC BLOG - All Unique Interior mission maps Captured

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited August 2022 in Fan Base Alpha
Welcome to a Pet-Project I have been wanting to create i
In this Thread I'm going to exhibit animated image files, in GIF format, dedicated on Unique Mission Maps in the style of Tumblr's Videogame Aesthetic Blogs.

Champions Online is a very unique game full of personality which I have been enjoying for 11 for the Freeform and Character Customization aspect, but recently I started appreciate the world building through the legacy missions which carry some charm!

I'm on the belief that the ON-ALERT really damaged this aspect of the game, the World Building, with the old mission continuing being ignored or even NERFED (See UNITY/UNTIL 2 Missions) for the sake of ALERTs

A lot of unique Missions, Dialogue, Lore, NPCs and Map are being ignore because a lot of people determine it as
"not worth it" based on the Game's shift on content Fast-leveling On Alert gameplay!

This is going to be a "Stop and Smell the Roses" experience for myself after years of speedrunning via missions! Honestly it's pretty chilling!
There some favourite of mine that I feel their environments go wasted if there is nobody to appreciate them!

Plus I'm doing something I haven't done long time now, READ ALL the Mission text, NPC Info and Quest items descriptions and make this character a LORE MASTER! So far I have found some amusing connections between characters.

This is not the first time I have done a "Complete ALL Zone Missions with a character" challenge! I have done this 3 times so far!

All this while appreciating the game's BANGER Soundtrack (which new content missions also haven't used... hmm)

So it has been a very pleasant break from the usual Non-stop grinding and Brainstorming on building new Freeform theme builds for new characters!
The character I'm gonna use for this project is
CammEran Von Fideo
An Eccentric movie Director robot who has pledge his life in the name of ART!
Highly appreciate all the classic movies Humans have created and wish to create a movie so powerful it can inflict emotions even to the coldest Machine!
He also absolutely despises Mechanon's obsession on destroying organic life instead of Co-Existing with it and creating ART!
Also finds Modern Entertaining Corporations with Monopoly absolutely VILE when they make movies to cash grab instead of Artistic Passion and Ambitions
JK3tzur.gif
I always wanted to use the FoxbatBot camera head
He is gonna appear in some captures! Still brainstorming what theme FF build he is going to have! MIND DRAIN is a MUST

LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION!

Enjoy the Thread, but before you do read the additional details below
And Who knows, DEVs may see some of those Locations and use them for future content!
⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠️ UPDATE ⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠️
Due to the forums not being optimized to hold so many Photos in a single thread, I decided to optimize this content by making Branch threads for each different location!

That way it's gonna be more organized and more Memory friendly for our poor Browsers

This thread is STILL gonna be used as a HUB Area and to post EXTRAS

Please look at the Table of Contents for every available thread

⚠️ This Thread is NOT safe for Mobile users! A lot of Gifs means a lot of RAM! ⚠️
I will format my posts to be a lot of in-between posts without GIFs so I can help having some dead space! Especially since the Threads max posts per page have been increased
I have already capture plenty of GIFs already but i'm NOT gonna flood the forums with it all together in one go! Expect periodically additions!

[CONTINUE ON THE NEXT POST ]

POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Post edited by avianos on

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    What to expect: ✔️
    • Table of Contents: Now each different Zone location is gonna it's own thread for its maps! That way I can get better memory optimization and visual presentation without clogging up RAM
    • 3-5 GIFs per post
    • In TEXT FORMAT in the style of a LOG: Unique Voiced NPC Dialogue (Example: Foxbat's dialogue inside the Newstation, Medusa's e.t.c) some NPCs have surprisingly a LOT of voiced lines
    • Short Duration Gifs (3-10 second) but also some lengthy one (30 seconds) Trying to keep the file size as short as possible!
    • Unique Interior MISSION Instances which are barely used again after that or they are highly modified versions!
      • This includes Help a Citizen Missions, UNITY/UNTIL e.t.c
    • NPCs with Unique costumes, and an odd amount of Voiced lines... a lot of Voiced lines for NPCs that you can ONE SHOT now in fact
    • Easter Eggs
    • Some social areas!
    • Environment and light effects
    • Short mission cutscenes
    • NPCs chilling
    • A lot of Dutch Angles
    • Showcasing some HIDDEN lore inside those 1-time only missions which can be EASILY missed
    • MAYBE some Adventure Pack/Series (With the exception of Death rattle because it's so new!)

What to NOT expect: 🚫
    • Don't expect professional work! Some GIFs are gonna be sloppy! While I'm doing my best to EDIT some of them via GIMP there is gonna be some Quality controls hiccups! I'm 1 man after all
    • Perfectly LOOPED Gifs
    • Bigger Framerate capture! It's gonna be LOW! Bigger Framerate means bigger file sizes and it's honestly not worth it! I have to admit that I find the PIXELS from the Low resolution adding charm! Like it's some short of Adventure game
    • Outdoor maps! There are going to be some as Intermissions but they are not the focus! You Don't need missions to visit those
    • ALERT Maps (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF FURY OF THE DRAGON)
    • PVP Maps
    • Capturing Gifs of other players' characters! I'm going solo!

sydwzTf.gif

POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited July 2022
    Additional Note: ⚠️
    - Forgive any potential Grammar errors, I'm Dyslexic (and highly possible Neurodivergent) and English is NOT my native language
    - There are ALREADY Scenes I want to recapture and do better! You are going to see Lore name using a different character's name for that case
    - DO NOT QUOTE POSTS with GIFs, that's creating flooding and I don't like that!
    - No requests please!
    - This being a pet project means I can stop and resume whenever I want to! Focus on it for 3 days and then spend 1-2 weeks doing something else only to return to it!
    - Keep it civil and don't be a Prick! or a Homophobe or an Elitist!
    - I would like to jump in DIRECTLY to personal favorite missions maps (Lemuria and Until 2) but I have to be patient and build up to that point
    - There are some Zones you gonna see less of! For Example very few of Westside! That's because EVERYONE knows Westside by now, and honestly I'm SICK of that zone after so many years! 😅 Ahahahaha!

TOOLS
    - NIGHT WARRIOR is a MUST for this character! I can use SNEAK and capture the NPCs' activities without aggroing them and ruining the GIFs!
    - INTELLIGENCE primary so I can also capture the Stealthed enemies on my shots!
    - Programs used: LICEcap for GIF Capturing and GIMP for required editing
    - Commands used
    • /Camoffset (from positive to -Values) to capture positions without my character being the center! I like using /canoffset -40 because the positive values make the camera shaking for some reason
    • /Camdist (big values for big maps)
    • The Ingame Map check transform options where it ask you every time in which instance you would like to be so I can stay on maps longer without being kicked out!
    • ALT + F14 to hide the game's UI
      - I'm aware of the game's /Demorecord feature and I have experience with it in the past, but I wish to NOT use it here because it will take double the time capturing the file and relaunching it every time
      - Playing the game in windowed mode
      - I'm usually playing with BLOOM effect OFF, but because for some dumb reason a lot of Indoor Maps are pitch Dark with that setting off, i have to turn it On on High (0% on slider) so I can see what i'm capturing!
      I could use the /unlit 1 (or higher) to change the light and see but this breaks the Shadows

Now you see, Bloom inside buildings is fine, least it can do is apply a light blue tint, but outside it makes my eyes bleed!
      And then there is Monster Island where it's pitch dark with it entire off during night time!
    • Ingame UI organization so I CAN SEND THE LOCKBOX NOTIFICATIONS TO THE SHADOW REALM
      Stupid gambling manipulative mechanic message has ruined me some perfect shots so far! 😡

qXuDuFT.gif

edited November 2023
    Table of Contents

NEMESIS missions
    • └📁 TBA

Unique Sidekicks' Powers showcase
    • └📁 TBA

Millennium City
    Desert
    • └📁 TBA

Canada
    • └📁 TBA

Monster Island
    • └📁 TBA

Lemuria
    • └📁 TBA

Vibora Bay
    • └📁 TBA

Adventure Packs/Comic Series
    • └📁 TBA
    Alerts:
    edited August 2022
    Westside: Leo's Bar
    kjHtvlS.gif
    fhwbnad.gif
    9EnOQJ9.gif
    mFxmEnG.gif
    edited July 2022
    Westside: Secret Recruiting Meeting
    1/2
    m2nS5D2.gif
    KaTx6Cq.gif
    WOvKFMY.gif
    edited July 2022
    Westside: Secret Recruiting Meeting
    2/2
    dgXTGW0.gif
    wYAelUx.gif
    izjEHnH.gif
    EXTRA NPC Lines: Zoe Loft's NPC Dialogue (not voiced unfortunately)
    D2yASXz.gif

Zoe Loft: Really, do you want to wear purple? I didn't think so! Join us! Our dress code is whatever the heck you want to wear!

Zoe Loft: We have a great plan and we have spots open! Act now!

Zoe Loft: You don't have to be crazy to join the Maniacs, but it helps!

Zoe Loft: Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Zoe Loft: We broke you out of prison to extend to you this once in a life time limited offer!

Zoe Loft: The voices think you should join us. Or possibly die in a fire

Zoe Loft: Join the Maniacs! We have stolen punch and pie!

Zoe Loft: You could join VIPER, but who wants to be a cog in the corporate machine of wimpy evil?

Zoe Loft: I'm looking for a few bad men!

Zoe Loft: You don't want to go back to prison and I don't want you to go back to prison, so sign up now

edited July 2022
    Extra Filler: Black Aces
    [Plus NPC exclusive Emote showcase + Typo]
    lV1TTOY.gif
    PKT9ett.gif
    sTYJxKk.gif
    FcGEbzo.gif

edited July 2022
    Westside: A Bit of the Old Ultra-Violence & Ludwig
    YDAcEUD.gif
    TVBSuIE.gif
    JnNUDw7.gif
    0lJsBPw.gif
    KkiGafY.gif
    edited July 2022
    Westside: Underground Boxing Ring
    grKTCbl.gif
    Rr9BrGo.gif
    SXEP2pE.gif
    bGl8E84.gif
    iuHUxko.gif
    edited July 2022
    EXTRA NPC LINES: The Mechanic (No Voice)
    His Bio is a placeholder and he already using existing NPC model of Cobra Lord NPC!
    Despite that he is packed with a lot of unique lines during battle, TAUNTING YOU, despite being so easy to defeat now!
    Ktrb2yY.png
    wQhLv2h.gif

The Mechanic: Hey you!
    The Mechanic Has Challenged You!

The Mechanic: Hey, Champion! You wanna volunteer to be my next punching bag?

The Mechanic: Ha! You're braver than you look!

The Mechanic: I hope you got a good dental plan, superhero!

The Mechanic: They call me the Mechanic, but there ain't no fixed fights around here!

The Mechanic: You're gonna look just swell in a full body cast, hero!

The Mechanic: I'm gonna rearrange that ugly face of yours, Champion!

The Mechanic: They call me the Mechanic, which is ironic, 'cause I plan on tearing you apart!

The Mechanic: You sure you are in the right place, sissy? The bingo hall is down the road.

The Mechanic: You scared yet, sissy? Ready to raise the white flag?

The Mechanic: Did I just hear a bone break?

The Mechanic: Bet you wish you had a time machine so you could get out of this mess, eh?

The Mechanic: Well, come on! You wanna fight, right?

The Mechanic: Your dependent NPCs aren't going to recognize you when I'm through with you, Champion!

The Mechanic: I bet that's gonna leave a welt!

The Mechanic: I'm not legally responsible for any permanent disfigurement I cause ya.

The Mechanic: Just warning ya: I fight dirty!

The Mechanic: I hope you don't mind some blood splatters on that fancy-pants costume of yours, superhero!
    edited July 2022
    EXTRA NPC LINES: Professor Annihilator (No Voice)
    He also has Placeholder BIO but he has a unique costume! He is dressed like a Bootleg Shadow Destroyer but still uses Power Armour!
    Not as many quotes as but still memorable!
    Kg1ITcQ.png
    Q58AXlP.gif

Professor Annihilator: Professor Annihilator is here to teach you a lesson!

Professor Annihilator Has Challenged You!

Professor Annihilator: Class is now in session.

Professor Annihilator: The Professor is going to give you an "A"… for annihilation!

Professor Annihilator: Fool! I am Professor Annihilator, and I will, uh… destroy you!

Professor Annihilator: Prepare to be annihilated!

Professor Annihilator: You weren't very smart to challenge Professor Annihilator, Champion! You got any last words, superhero?

Professor Annihilator: I'm gonna break you in half, superhero.

Professor Annihilator: What have we learned today, class? That's right! Nobody's messes with Professor Annihilator!

Professor Annihilator: The Professor is about to dismiss this class… forever!

Professor Annihilator: Get ready for the ultimate test, hero!

Professor Annihilator: You wanna know why they call me Professor Annihilator? It's because I have a PhD… in annihilation!!
    edited July 2022
    EXTRA NPC LINES: Black Mace (No Voice)
    The Last ring challenger! He actually has full bio, using a unique costume piece that its only viewable on the Alien Gladiators in Nemcon (and only recent years it became available for players)
    Unfortunately he doesn't have many lines and he repeats himself! Brace for the mace!
    y9b1Jkm.png

Oujd1E0.gif

Black Mace: Black Mace is coming for you!

Black Mace Has Challenged You!

Black Mace: Step into the ring against Black Mace, and they'll drag out in a body bag.

Black Mace: Place your bets on Black Mace!

Black Mace: Brace for the mace!

Black Mace: You ain't leaving this ring in one piece!

Black Mace: I'm gonna enjoy splashing your brains all over my mace!

Black Mace: My mace will put you in your place!

Black Mace: Don't get cocky. You still got to face the Black Mace.

Black Mace: My mace will put you in a back brace!

Black Mace: Your toughest fight is still ahead of you, hero!
    EXTRA FILLER: A failed camera shot for The Mechanic's entrance with /camoffset
    5jG7lxs.gif
    edited July 2022
    Westside: WCOC FOXBAT
    1/2IqPKJZO.gif
    TCts02w.gif
    edited July 2022
    Westside: WCOC FOXBAT
    2/2
    8icma8k.gif
    NUWbCy1.gif
    ctm56o0.gif
    7fDDDmB.gif
    edited July 2022
    EXTRA NPC LINES: Foxbat (ALL Voiced and they are glorious)
    TujqAqt.gif
    5owDCw0.gif

Foxbat: Cue the Foxbat theme song! I'm ready for action!

Foxbat: That's a pretty fancy costume, pal, but I bet it would look better with more browns and yellows!

Foxbat: Admit it, you're really just here for my autograph!

Foxbat: You got a lot of nerve. I have half a mind to kick you out of my fan club!

Foxbat: I bet you can't wait to tell your grandchildren about the day you were defeated by the fabulously fearsome and freakishly fashionable Foxbat!

Foxbat: That was a heck of a shot! Can we get an instant replay?

Foxbat: I like adding my own sound effects to a fight… "Crash!"…"Wham!"… "Ker-Sploit!"

Foxbat: I like adding my own sound effects to a fight… "Pow!"…"Bam!"… "Ka-Blooie!"

Foxbat: How dare you interfere with my Foxbattleplan!

Foxbat: Tell me, would you describe yourself as an obsessive Foxbat fan, or a dedicated stalker?

Foxbat: Say, let’s slap a "to be continued" sign on the screen and head over to Leo's for an ice cold lemonade.

Foxbat: I will rule the world, and you – you will follow me around carrying a box of donuts for all eternity!

Foxbat: You know, if this were a comic book, we'd be on the next page by now!

Foxbat: Fear my fiery ping pong balls of wrath, you philistine!

Foxbat: According to the script I wrote, you're supposed to fall to the ground now and cry "ouchie, ouchie!"

Foxbat: I'm getting winded here. Can we stop and take a break for a word from our sponsor?

Foxbat: You're pretty hot stuff, superhero! You oughta star in your own video game

Foxbat: Smile for the camera. You're on FoxbatTV!

Foxbat: I can smell your fear, superhero. It's got a clean pine scent!

Foxbat: How'd you like to be my sidekick, superhero? You'd make a terrific Foxbuddy!

Foxbat: Go ahead, you just try to run away- Actually, why aren’t you running away?

Foxbat: Just to be sure, I’m the villain, right?

r6LzmwV.gif
    edited July 2022
    EXTRA FILLER: Team Fortress 2 Easter Egg in the Westside dock crates
    A6WU0v4.gif
    gUdvp3g.gif

Trivia:
    Team Fortress 2 was released on 10 October 2007
    Champions Online was released on 1 September 2009
    edited July 2022
    Ok time to wrap it up and finish Westside so I can move to actual interesting maps that made me start this project to begin with, and not a part of the game 95% of players have experienced
    phx1Asz.gif
    R4qrp6o.gif
    ojqDMhM.gif

What did Zaretti meant by this? 🤔

edited July 2022
    Westside: Temple of Death Dragon
    The final instance that concludes westside arc! Very unique map!
    The temple has the perfect atmosphere for sacred grounds!
    Omnious Fog, Shisa statues, A giant Death Dragon
    1/2
    dJ6gMGn.gif
    0YlbZVR.gif
    Z2lHW4o.gif
    HhM2zUO.gif
    L1ErVYC.gif
    edited July 2022
    Westside: Temple of Death Dragon
    2/2
    U96Sexz.gif
    7mZ2mXa.gif
    gsFpbDJ.gif
    IO68U8k.gif
    IC1CTtw.gif

edited July 2022
    And with this! We are leaving Westside!
    Next Destination is City Center where we are going to view one of the unique maps that made me start this project to begin with!

BUT BEFORE THAT! For the next update I have a special Gif exhibition of the FURY OF THE DRAGON map! The only Alert map I'm gonna cover! It was active when I started this project and it was the perfect chance to record it!

25 GIFs, I stayed on the map for 40 minutes Appreciating every inch of this area! I love this map, it's so unique and relaxing! it's a shame it's not a social instance

Just be aware there will be no enemies in those GIFs since I captured them after the alert was finished!
    Demorecord would be useful for this but I couldn't bother
    r5wlbgecj4x61.gif

• ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    I want to mention that the Boxing Arena has another mission as well if you enter without the Frank Zaretti mission, It's easily missable due to that. One of the rooms, forgot which, has a locker with a "hero" locked in it.
    edited July 2022
    I want to mention that the Boxing Arena has another mission as well if you enter without the Frank Zaretti mission, It's easily missable due to that. One of the rooms, forgot which, has a locker with a "hero" locked in it.
    I'm aware of this mission, but I decided to not Include it during this capture run because, but rest assured I'm always doing it when leveling new characters!

Perhaps I will capture it next time, Since it's the same map I will focus showcasing all the random Hero models you can get from the mission instead!
    Not a bad idea, It will be tricky but interesting! :grin:

edited July 2022
    [I removed the post and the following 4 because the Forums can't handle so much! It's gonna be one it's own thread now as subcategory of the blog]
    edited July 2022
    [Removed because of Memory Leak]
    edited July 2022
    edited July 2022
    edited July 2022
    edited July 2022
    Unfortunately it seems that neither the Forums nor Firefox are optimized to hold that much file size!
    It will either start lagging or stop completely load the files!

With the Addition of the Temple of the Death Dragon and the Fury of the Hi-Pan alert I reached dangerous levels! As I was afraid, the Memory optimization is very bad on this Thread!

At least of Firefox, Opera GX seems to load everything with almost no issues but it will get worse
    This thread alone is 800 MBs! OH NO!

Putting the images on Spoiler Tag won't work because the Browser will load them anyway even if you don't open the spoiler button
    UNLESS they update the CODE on the forums so it can only LOAD the content when you click it
    and consider it takes 60 posts until it creates automatically a new page with the update forums... yeah this was too ambitious project for it's own good :/

I'm gonna need to find another way to make this work!
    Possible SPLIT all the neighborhoods into Different Threads (Westside, City Center, Downtown e.t.c for each zone) and use this as a HUB or just make Imgur galleries for separated areas but I don't really want to do that

The worst decision would be to NOT post each GIF in sets and instead post each time... but that would be like Flooding and I don't want that!

If only was an option to Limit the max post your Thread can have per page, I could split everything