This is why nanobot swarm often doesn't do the advertised amount for longer cooldown powers. If you already knew this, then there is nothing new to see here.
For reference, Nanobot swarm R1= 17 sec, R2= 20 sec, R3 = 24 sec.
- Resurgence has a 90 sec base cooldown. On a test build with cdr bringing it to 58 sec, using R3 nanobot swarm at 24 sec remaining results in 9 sec remaining. This is because the calculation is (X-24)*cdr, where X is the base cooldown time remaining, which is around 39 sec for that build.
- Rimefire burst has a 35 sec base cooldown. With a high cooldown build, this can be lowered to 15 sec. However, using a R3 nanobot swarm immediately after Rimefire burst results in 4 sec remaining. This is because the calculation is (35-24)*cdr=4, rather than 35*cdr-24=0
- Orbital cannon has a 20 sec base cooldown. With R2 nanobot swarm, it will be immediately ready for a second activation, independent of how much cdr our character has.
- Bountiful chi resurgence has a 15 sec base cooldown. R1 nanobot swarm is sufficient for players who want to start a battle with 2 stacks of BCR.
- Lunge skills have a 3 sec base cooldown. There is not much point to using nanobot swarm on something like this, but it works.
Ultimates tend to be around 60 sec cooldown, so unfortunately this means theres no way to do immediate back-to-back ultis with a bunch of cdr + nanobot swarm.