test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nanobot Swarm works off base cooldown

h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
edited December 2021 in Power Discussion
This is why nanobot swarm often doesn't do the advertised amount for longer cooldown powers. If you already knew this, then there is nothing new to see here.

For reference, Nanobot swarm R1= 17 sec, R2= 20 sec, R3 = 24 sec.

Example cases:
  • Resurgence has a 90 sec base cooldown. On a test build with cdr bringing it to 58 sec, using R3 nanobot swarm at 24 sec remaining results in 9 sec remaining. This is because the calculation is (X-24)*cdr, where X is the base cooldown time remaining, which is around 39 sec for that build.
  • Rimefire burst has a 35 sec base cooldown. With a high cooldown build, this can be lowered to 15 sec. However, using a R3 nanobot swarm immediately after Rimefire burst results in 4 sec remaining. This is because the calculation is (35-24)*cdr=4, rather than 35*cdr-24=0
  • Orbital cannon has a 20 sec base cooldown. With R2 nanobot swarm, it will be immediately ready for a second activation, independent of how much cdr our character has.
  • Bountiful chi resurgence has a 15 sec base cooldown. R1 nanobot swarm is sufficient for players who want to start a battle with 2 stacks of BCR.
  • Lunge skills have a 3 sec base cooldown. There is not much point to using nanobot swarm on something like this, but it works.

Ultimates tend to be around 60 sec cooldown, so unfortunately this means theres no way to do immediate back-to-back ultis with a bunch of cdr + nanobot swarm.

Comments

• ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Only Ulti I know, is the Mechanical Monstrosity. That can be used very close repeatedly, especially if you focus on Int as Primary or Secondary Stat.
  • h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    Only Ulti I know, is the Mechanical Monstrosity. That can be used very close repeatedly, especially if you focus on Int as Primary or Secondary Stat.

That works since theres no need to use nanobot swarm--the power's cooldown can be lowered below the duration of the summon. Nanobot swarm has reduced effect because monstrosity has the same base cooldown as the other ultis (50s), but is probably good enough in practice for situations where the monstrosity dies or is forcibly recalled early.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    I've never been a fan of this power. Even at r3 it's usefulness is not significant. Especially when you consider it goes on a >1 minute cooldown upon use.

Many power types share a cooldown. Activate one and, if you have others, they go on cooldown as well.

Powers and devices that have a 4min+ cooldown are not significantly affected by this power.

The advantage on this power is better found on a way lower cooldown power.

All in all, to me, a totally wasted power choice. As is.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • negusonic#7245 negusonic Posts: 103 Arc User
    Nanobot Swarm seems to really dislike INT and AoAC. Math not mathing