test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20200211.22 - High Noon

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2020 in PTS - The Archive
Lockbox
  • New Perk: Unlocking the Heart emote on 5 characters grants you the Big Heart title and unlocks the emote on your account.
  • New Perk: Unlocking the Overwhelming Power Costume Transformation on 5 characters grants you the Overwhelming Power title and unlocks the costume transform on your account
  • New Perk: Unlocking the Beam of Light Costume Transformation on 5 characters grants you the Spotlight title and unlocks the costume transform on your account.
  • These new missions are retroactive. You will have to log into the character with the unlocked item for credit. It may take a few moments to give credit. If you unlock an item on a character, you may need to relog for it to properly credit.

High Noon
  • Added journal category for this event.
  • Event enemies no longer drop currency, costumes or action figures. All costumes removed will appear in the Trade Paperback store at a later date.

High Noon: Event Store
Removed many items from the event store:
  • Flintlock Pistol and Card Sleeve costume can now drop from Cowboy Robots.
  • Knife Strap costume can now drop from Red Banner.
  • Metal Auras have been moved to the Champion Recognition store.
  • Branding Iron and Yodel devices have been moved to the Champion Recognition store.
  • Pickaxe and Sickle costumes have been moved to the Nemesis store.
  • Steampunk Goggles, Mouth Cover, Mask, Dino Maw Helmet and Eye Blade will appear in the Trade Paperback store at a later date.
  • Added a variety of items to the Misc store.

High Noon: Open Mission
The following items can drop from the open mission:
  • Cannon, Rustbucket, Steampunk Swords, Cowboy Boots and Steampunk Pistol costumes.
  • Military Emote and Countdown Costume Transformation .
  • Piercing damage threat booster and threat reduction mods.
  • Various action figures.

High Noon: Missions
  • New Mission: Complete High Noon at Snake Gulch mission 5 times. Awards the Poncho costume.
  • New Perk: Unlocking the Military emote on 10 characters grants you the Militia title and unlocks the emote on your account.
  • New Perk: Unlocking the Whistle emote on 10 characters grants you the Whistler title and unlocks the emote on your account.
  • New Perk: Unlocking the Countdown Costume Transformation on 10 characters grants you the Final Countdown title and unlocks the costume transform on your account. Known issue: It is currently crediting after unlocking 1.
  • These new missions are retroactive. You will have to log into the character with the unlocked item for credit. It may take a few moments to give credit. If you unlock an item on a character, you may need to relog for it to properly credit.

Toy Master
  • Removed Toy Master exchange store for High Noon.
  • Perks removed from the store have been changed to grant when you unlock or use their respective items.

Alerts
  • Added Ascii Oakley as a new Grab alert boss.
​​

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Clever girl. Bridging the gap between bind on pickup and bind to account.
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    Clever indeed! I kind of like that compromise.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    OOOOOOOOOOH THIS IS VERY NICE QUALITY OF LIFE and a way to close the gaps between Bound on Character and Account Wide costume transformation and Emotes :+1:
    Now this motivates me to participate the event more to unlock them
    Toy Master
    Removed Toy Master exchange store for High Noon.
    Perks removed from the store have been changed to grant when you unlock or use their respective items.
    At this point, why even bothering keeping around Toy Master?
    You took his job :scream:
    Metal Auras have been moved to the Champion Recognition store.
    G O O D
    Getting those auras as rewards felt like a punishment, barely anyone uses them and I cannot even get to sell them to get rid of them :triumph:​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    For all of these "do THIS on 5 chars" "do THAT on 10 chars" I hope you don't just remove any incomplete missions from characters after the event is over. Not everyone plays 168 straight hours to get everything before the event ends.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    edited February 2020
    BUG: Debugger's and Drifter's Snake Bucks are not regognized by the Updated Event Store

Suggestion: PLEASE create a new costume unlock for [Gear Sword] that unlocks it for Martial Art Blades, TK Blades and side costume! Please don't have this sword only available for Heavy Weapons
    Im suggesting updating the original costume unlock, but creating brand new item!

The costume tab in the event shop feels so empty now... only 5 Costumes are available
    LI4ctHo.png

In fact the event Token's value is non-existing if you already have everything from the store
    Added a variety of items to the Misc store
    Could use some more additions, also new mod
    stwAXMO.png

Did L1L-D0GG13 got replaced or renamed-updated?
    The High Noon Sidekick: Override gives L1L-D0GG13 but a reverse-coloured of the sidekick is available in Drifter tab
    Binding the Sidekick on a weekly mission is better, having only one week to gather Tokens for L1L-D0GG13 was terribly tight
    NybiiK9.png
    New Mission: Complete High Noon at Snake Gulch mission 5 times. Awards the Poncho costume.
    More like a cape, Less thana Poncho to be honest! I was expecting the front part of the costume to cover more of the chest, even partially
    SUGGESTION: PLEASE make available Poncho in the Neck accessories and Collar categories! More costume versiality
    QArHJjQ.png
    5 and 10 Character to account wide Unlock features

Hmmm kinda hard to test this in PTS with 2 Max character limit for Silvers
    Bug: Unreletable for this update, But the 1 Character slot from Debugger can't be used despite only have 2 characters in PTS
    pfsrx4J.png
    ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • So you've removed a bunch of costumes from the event store, took away the ability to earn Snakebucks by trading action figures to Toy Master, removed any form of drop reward from farming event enemies, and created exactly one new costume piece for the duration of the event?

After we unlock the Poncho, what exactly is the motivation to participate in this event again?
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    Is the whistling emote something new to this iteration of the event, or something I somehow missed on previous ones?
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    You can delete a character, make a new one and unlock the item. Deleting a character with the emote/costume transform won't take away from the perk progress.
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    You can delete a character, make a new one and unlock the item. Deleting a character with the emote/costume transform won't take away from the perk progress.

Good to know, but that still seems like a lot of wasted time for those of us that don't even have eight characters... I can barely find the time to juggle three of them... lately not even one...
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited February 2020
      Alerts
      • Added Ascii Oakley as a new Grab alert boss.
      ​​

Nice! I think it's great that alerts are being updated with new bosses. Keep'em coming!
    • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
      QArHJjQ.png

Not feeling it. I can basically make something that looks like this using a Takofanes Mantle or that Toy Soldier Collar piece.

Would prefer it if it was something similar to a chest or very-long-collar piece. Something that extends down past the chest and arms. Wouldn't use cape physics, but rather would use rigging to the upper-body area.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. Compare the T-pose to resting stand pose:
      r21v2C3.png
      9eJQym8.png
      (stylistically not what we're going for but the principle of how this thing is rigged hopefully is pretty clear.)

Something like this is not a costume piece any existing piece can really achieve, so it'd be a really welcome addition compared to the faux-poncho above.

How to block a user with μblock:
      forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
      Shame we need to empty our overflow bag from YEARS and YEARS of uSeFuL items just to unlock bloody emotes and transformations. Please add a Discard All button in Overflow bag.

And it's nice to see that the account wide unlock will count for the new perk.
      mfZ37eB.png
      Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
      DeviantART|FurAffinity|
      Twitter
      When you said we were getting Poncho unlock
      THIS IS what I had in mind, not just another cape variation
      cowboy-western-drifter-clint-eastwood_1_2218e9d61fef9df049c078cdc67442e4.jpg

3b36a3dffdb68ea02af874818ca48588.jpg
      What a let down​​
    • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
      edited February 2020
      I do hope this "Unlock 5 Lockbox emote/transformation" will be a thing for the previous Lockbox emote/transformation. Its worth mentioning Yodel require the Vigilance Committee perk and Iron Brand require Deputy. Both require 300 SCR. Each Metal Aura are 50 SCR and no perk. Archery/Munition Pierce now has a threat mod and a de-threat mods for 10 snake buck each.

As for the Ascii Oakley alert, are you going to give it a separate tab on the mission tab or are we going to have to wait for the Ascii Oakley alert to randomly pop up in the GRAB section?
      queue.JPG

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
      Work your way towards account-wide unlocks? You know, I actually really like this as long as there's no sneaky way to force-reset progress after an event is over.
      (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    • avianos wrote: »

What a let down​​

Yeah, it's not a poncho. It's a scarf with a cape attachment.
      qawsada wrote: »
      Its worth mentioning Yodel require the Vigilance Committee perk and Iron Brand require Deputy.
      OOOOH that's interesting, Both of those perks are for 100 and 1000 Nemesis Cowboy Minions defeats!
      I like this, spread more existing perks for item requirements :grimace::+1:
    • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
      edited February 2020
      Just wait, soon there will be a "Complete Vigilance 5 times on 5 characters" reward. I.e. 25 total completions.
      JwLmWoa.png
      Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
      Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    • unexistantunexistant Posts: 4 Arc User
      Just got around to testing on the PTS, and was REALLY shocked to see that the attachment back for the Poncho doesn't have a "None" option (at least for the male characters, haven't checked females). It's a really cute costume piece and could really benefit from having the cape attachment as optional.

Also noticed that the snakebucks you can obtain from the debugger do not work for the ingame event store. Hopefully this doesn't bleed over into live.
      https://i.imgur.com/6uYXtTm.jpg
    • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
      edited February 2020
      avianos wrote: »

What a let down​​

Yeah. There are many cool things that would unfortunately lead to super jank once our characters start moving around .-.
      jaazaniah1 wrote: »
      Just wait, soon there will be a "Complete Vigilance 5 times on 5 characters" reward. I.e. 25 total completions.

That'd just be a "do what you do normally" thing tho, so it doesn't really fit with what they've been doing. Now on the other hand if they added a "Extended War" thing that was "complete The Long War X times", now we're talking! of course that still doesn't make people do events.
      Post edited by spinnytop on
    This discussion has been closed.