test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 1/16/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,087 Cryptic Developer
Nightmare Invasion Event
For the next 2 weeks the Nightmare Invasion event will be running.
  • New Mission: Complete Gateway to Nightmare daily 5 times. Grants the Lance costume.
  • New Mission: Complete The Worms Turn daily 5 times. Grants the Bone Mantis costume. (Available next week).
  • New Mission: Complete the Colossus Mission 10 times. Grants a Chaos Imp loyal sidekick.
  • Added options for the Lance, Bone Mantis and Chaos Imp items to the Drifter Currency Exchange store. The cost of these items will adjust depending on how much you have progressed in their respective missions. Example: If you have done 1/10 on the mission, the item will lower its base cost by 10%.
  • Nightmare Colossus will now only spawn at 1 location at a time in a instance (instead of 3 always being up). Once completed, the open mission will reset after 30 minutes.
  • Added beams of light to indicate active open mission location.
  • Increased the amount of currency you get from missions.
  • Increased the amount of currency you get from completing the Colossus open mission to 15, but the amount received is greatly reduced after completing it 3 times.
  • Retired many items from the event store.
  • Added a variety of items to the Misc event store.
  • Added Cyber Claws costume to the event store.
  • Added Eclipse Crown costume to the event store. (Available next week).
  • Eclipse Crown now has an attachment option and additional materials.
  • Retired all costumes from event mob drops.
  • Retired many action figures from event mob drops.
  • Action figures now drop in a reward pack.
  • Added account unlock versions of costume transforms and emotes to the event store.
  • Vehicles in the event store are all now bind on pickup.
  • Removed Toy Master exchange stores.
  • Event enemies from the The Worms Turn and Gateway to Nightmare dailies have had their Tough status removed.
  • Portals now spawn enemies much slower.
  • Added a healing component to the consumable devices dropped from event mobs.
  • Event Acolytes and Sorcerers can no longer shield.
  • Reduced the requirement on Gateway to Nightmare mission to 3 portals and 25 enemies.

UI
  • Players can now hold up to 100 missions.
  • Reward Pack items can no longer be opened if you have more than 20 items in your overflow bag. You will receive a warning message stating you need to clear out your overflow bag to open the pack.

Event Currency
  • Old event currency has been removed from the currency tab.
  • New event currency now has a cap of 10,000.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug with Emily Lovett that prevented her from exiting when defeated.
​​

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Misc
    • Fixed a bug with Emily Lovett that prevented her from exiting when defeated.

No more exploiting this bug to make her agro and tank Kiga's dogs :grimace:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Now to fill my quest log and then complain that it doesn't have more room s( u w u )z
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    [*] Vehicles in the event store are all now bind on pickup.
    [/list]
    Why? Suddenly these are vehicles that aren't account bound but character bound?

UI
    • Reward Pack items can no longer be opened if you have more than 20 items in your overflow bag. You will receive a warning message stating you need to clear out your overflow bag to open the pack.
    ​​
    So with inventory management still being a thing we're gonna make it worse again? I know the Christmas event would have been unplayable with this change in effect. I had that mods tab filled day 1, I have the biggest bags you can get and they're all filled. After I do missions I need to spend 5 to 10 minutes just clearing my inventory and this is going to make it worse. I was able to use the over flow bag to quickly clear out my inventory by opening all those stupid loot bags at once, but now I got to do things in batches which is going to slow the game down considerably. Why would you do this?
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    To keep you logged in. The longer you are in the game, the greater the chance you will spend money in the game. Why else would they make it so laborious to fuse all those bloody R3 mods into R7+ mods?
    guyhumual wrote: »
    So with inventory management still being a thing we're gonna make it worse again? I know the Christmas event would have been unplayable with this change in effect. I had that mods tab filled day 1, I have the biggest bags you can get and they're all filled. After I do missions I need to spend 5 to 10 minutes just clearing my inventory and this is going to make it worse. I was able to use the over flow bag to quickly clear out my inventory by opening all those stupid loot bags at once, but now I got to do things in batches which is going to slow the game down considerably. Why would you do this?

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    To keep you logged in. The longer you are in the game, the greater the chance you will spend money in the game. Why else would they make it so laborious to fuse all those bloody R3 mods into R7+ mods?
    Making me mad doesn't seem like a great way to get money out of me. means opening loot boxes is going to be a pain now as well. I'm sure I'm not the only one with all almost all my inventory slots.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    If you empty your bag 1 it won't be a problem with the overflow, but moving stuff between bags is something of a hassle because clunky UI (lack of multiselect, mostly).
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    373fpu.jpg
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    As someone who spam-opens hundreds of event loot sacks at a time, 20 is pretty reasonable. The main goal is to cut down on the "HALP I CAN'T LOG IN BECAUSE I FILLED MY OVERFLOWBAG TO STUPID LEVELS" problem some people have been having.

The only thing I'd like is a "discard all" button if we don't already have one. I'm not sure why, but I can't remember if we do or not.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    I like a lot of the changes for the most part. The new missions seem like a nice way to add new stuff. I can't help but feel that there's not a whole lot of new stuff to the store, just a lot of rebranded old stuff. It's fine but it doesn't make me want to farm much more, especially since a lot of things have been retired. :P

Hoping to see more new stuff soon.
    aesica wrote: »
    As someone who spam-opens hundreds of event loot sacks at a time, 20 is pretty reasonable.
    If you only had 20 stacks of something than maybe? Problem is this game loves giving you garbage to sift though. For the christmas event only having 20 stocking after doing the dailies would be pretty darn rare, 40 to 60 might be more likely, but then there's also crackers, toy boxes, reward chests, along with the usual pick ups. My routine of dealing with this was usually: step one: open all the things, step two: sell all the garbage I can at Karneeki, Step three: sell anything else at the AH, Step four: discard the rest. Now there's going to be multiple steps added as I won't be able to open everything at once.
    The main goal is to cut down on the "HALP I CAN'T LOG IN BECAUSE I FILLED MY OVERFLOWBAG TO STUPID LEVELS" problem some people have been having.
    This has never once been an issue of mine in the 8 to 9 years I've been playing this game.
    The only thing I'd like is a "discard all" button if we don't already have one. I'm not sure why, but I can't remember if we do or not.
    we don't even have the option to discard things from the pick up menu. If you have multiple quest items on the ground that you can only have one of in your inventory and the area is just littered with pick ups that you can't access until the top pick up is dealt with, you're going to have to go into your inventory and discard the quest item so you can pick up the top one on the ground, and then keep doing that for every single conflict until you've picked up all the items. In most games you could just discard from the pick up screen or switch to a different stack of items, but not CO. CO loves making busy work

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    What happen to the drifter to token ratio? Thought it was 15:5
    how about the issue where you can't even open your overflow bag?
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    From PTS notes:
    lezard21 wrote: »
    So the recent expiration on event currencies was to encourage player participation. With that in mind I must ask...
    [*] Increased the amount of currency you get from completing the Colossus open mission to 15, but the amount received is greatly reduced after completing it 3 times.
    Why?
    Tanks were already on high demand for events, with this change whatever 10-15 players that played Tanks during events now will play them even less.

From Zone Live:

mLTGlbr.jpg

Just once I'd like to be wrong to see how it feels like bear-26.gif​​
    edited January 2020
    Just once I'd like to be wrong to see how it feels like ​​

Well, chickens have been getting downed round the clock so.... wish granted o3o

There's nothing wrong with motivating new tanks to step up. Gets old having the same 3 people tank everything :P ( oh and also there's the fact that you don't need an actual tank, Kagami has tanked the nightmare thingy, lel )
    edited January 2020
    spinnytop wrote: »

well thanks to the Christmas events I know the /lootcancel command off by heart. How about they fix the stacking issue they have as well? If I've got 1 snowball on my device tray and 8 slots open in my 4th and 5th bag why are newly opened snowballs from stockings going into my overflow bag in the first place?
    > @lezard21 said:
    > From PTS notes:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > From Zone Live:
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Just once I'd like to be wrong to see how it feels like ​​
    ————————————————
    I can think of many examples for you.

well thanks to the Christmas events I know the /lootcancel command off by heart. How about they fix the stacking issue they have as well? If I've got 1 snowball on my device tray and 8 slots open in my 4th and 5th bag why are newly opened snowballs from stockings going into my overflow bag in the first place?

Cause that's how spaghetti sorts things. Not well.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    This has never once been an issue of mine in the 8 to 9 years I've been playing this game.
    According to multiple sources I've spoken with, others have...hence the change. I should note that, prior to learning about this, I was against this change as well. Originally on PTS, it was going to be a limit of 5 (which is awful) but 20 is...reasonable enough. I think. I'll have to wait for the next bagspam event to know for sure though.
    From PTS notes:

Just once I'd like to be wrong to see how it feels like bear-26.gif​​
    Last night, my chicken clear went something like this:

Someone: Aesica, are you going to tank it?
    Me: Nope!
    Someone: I don't blame you

...several minutes later, it starts and I end up with aggro on the chicken despite the fact someone else was there to tank it. I tanked it for about a minute in DPS role (!) before finally switching to tank and...yeah it's not hard.

I guess what I'm getting at is you don't have to be a cosmic-tier tank to tank the chickens, since it seems to have been toned down a lot. Any shmuck with a bit of extra durability can do it.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    [*] Old event currency has been removed from the currency tab.

I lost several hundred in recent holiday currency between several alts. What was the reason for this removal? I camped for this stuff...if this is permanently gone, I just won't be able to support CO financially going forward.
    @galactickiri it was mentioned well in advance.

Granted, in the forums. Some sort of ingame message would have been nice since not everyone checks the forums. Tally that one to the "in hindsight" list that keeps growing.​​
  • galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User

Where? I never saw it, and that's skimming past the fact that it was a very bad decision.
  • qiwoqiwo Posts: 5 Arc User
    huraay more old content package in a new release. Thanks kaiserin. At least you could do is insult the original developers of the game for us some more, tell us how bad they were and how awesome you are.
    I guess what I'm getting at is you don't have to be a cosmic-tier tank to tank the chickens, since it seems to have been toned down a lot. Any shmuck with a bit of extra durability can do it.

I dunno if it was toned down, cause I tanked the chicken on a dps the first time the event was live. Event bosses are generally like that. I dunno why Lezard is suddenly acting like they need cosmic tanks... he should know better.
    edited January 2020
    Where? I never saw it, and that's skimming past the fact that it was a very bad decision.

Pretty sure it was first mentioned like... at least a month ago? They even made an event specifically so you could spend your remaining currency.
    Post edited by spinnytop on

Granted, in the forums. Some sort of ingame message would have been nice since not everyone checks the forums. Tally that one to the "in hindsight" list that keeps growing.​​

Agreed. I knew about the changes, I told all my friends, but that's only because I usually check the forums. Most of my friends don't.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User

Screw the Old Currencies. Not even bothering to check what i got left. Let the Nulling begin.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    So I just want to make sure I am not missing something here...

They have new costumes but are locked behind completing dailies and drifter.

If I have 400 tokens and miss day 10, I am just S.O.L ?

What is the point of farming this event? I am getting coins...but have everything. So why should I care?

Like I mis-read the mission and thought killing the chicken over and over would go towards the mission, but no...I have to finish the daily.

So why should someone do this event? Why should I bother collecting tokens?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    For the glory unending!?
    ...oh wait that's for that gladiatory thing.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited January 2020
    If I have 400 tokens and miss day 10, I am just S.O.L ?

No, because that's not how it works. If you miss day 10, you wait until the next time the event happens. It happened like 7 times last year.
    What is the point of farming this event? I am getting coins...but have everything. So why should I care?

You shouldn't, so why are you complaining? Just don't do the event. I'd say "glad I could solve your problem for you", but there isn't even a problem. You're just kinda going nuts about nothing.

So why should someone do this event? Why should I bother collecting tokens?

The fairly obvious answer: cause someone wants the rewards. If you don't want the rewards, don't do the event. Is there some reason you feel they need to implement some motivation beyond that?
    > @spinnytop said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > No, because that's not how it works. If you miss day 10, you wait until the next time the event happens. It happened like 7 times last year.
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You shouldn't, so why are you complaining? Just don't do the event. I'd say "glad I could solve your problem for you", but there isn't even a problem. You're just kinda going nuts about nothing.
    >
    > (Quote)
    >
    > The fairly obvious answer: cause someone wants the rewards. If you don't want the rewards, don't do the event. Is there some reason you feel they need to implement some motivation beyond that?
    ————————————————
    Lol see you’re still upset about your poor OV “griefing”

When did asking questions become complaining? I guess a mind like yours would think so.

I am referring to the new items for this event....what’s the point of collecting coins if everything new is based on missions. Seems pointless to anything but run mission and just collect Silver or Questionite.
    Imagine going through all the trouble of antagonizing the playerbase by imposing a reset on currency...only to have new items on the store be tied to doing a daily quest and have nothing to do with said currency you reset to encourage player participation.

what even.​​
    Imagine going through all the trouble of antagonizing the playerbase by imposing a reset on currency...only to have new items on the store be tied to doing a daily quest and have nothing to do with said currency you reset to encourage player participation.

what even.
    Why, for the Account Wide emote-transformations of course!

I don't think it's even possible to collect 2000 Tokens within 2 weeks timeframe :grimace:

BUT YEAH! What the hell?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Not sure why people are so hot and bothered about the 2000 token transformation. Unless you plan to use it on 20 characters it's easier just to unlock it for the specific characters you want it on. You can get the currency you need for 1 character in 1 day's worth of dailies.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited January 2020
    I am referring to the new items for this event....what’s the point of collecting coins if everything new is based on missions. Seems pointless to anything but run mission and just collect Silver or Questionite.

The daily missions aren't meant to motivate you to farm coins, they're motivating you to do the missions required for them. Why do you think they need to motivate you to farm coins? Do cosmic dailies motivate you to farm nemesis recognition?
    edited January 2020
    avianos wrote: »

what even.
    Why, for the Account Wide emote-transformations of course!

I don't think it's even possible to collect 2000 Tokens within 2 weeks timeframe :grimace:

BUT YEAH! What the hell?​​

You:
    How dare they make it so progress from a previous instance of an event is no longer useful in getting rewards the next time the event pops up!

Also You:
    How dare they make it so that progress from a previous instance of an event is required in getting rewards the next time the event pops up!
    edited January 2020
    I like that soloing the 2 dailies has become easier
    but MY GOD! Nightmare Demolisher needs to GO! Knock-Repel-Knock Into SPAMMER!
    Can we please have Nightmare Demolisher despawn once the Nightmare Portal is down?

You:
    How dare they make it so progress from a previous instance of an event is no longer useful in getting rewards the next time the event pops up!

Also You:
    How dare they make it so that progress from a previous instance of an event is required in getting rewards the next time the event pops up!
    I wish I had your optimism tiger-12.gif

But BEFORE you jump the gun and meme me to death, I'm not saying the currency wont be useful for the next time the event will be around this year :grimace:
    Also Im actually curious to see where they are going with the new Reward mechanic for events they introduced

I'm just saying from some personal calculation that gathering 2000 tokens within 2 weeks timeframe may be unobtainable! The low drop chance from event mobs to drop tokens doesn't really help 🤔

and 2020 for CO is going to be a huge Event revamp Rehash! AGAIN! End my Misery​​
    I'm just saying from some personal calculation that gathering 2000 tokens within 2 weeks timeframe may be unobtainable! The low drop chance from event mobs to drop tokens doesn't really help 🤔​​

Eh, I've been lazily doing the event and I have 491 coins, so it's entirely conceivable that if I keep up my current rate I could have 2000 in 2 weeks. Someone more dedicated would be even more likely to reach that total.
    and 2020 for CO is going to be a huge Event revamp Rehash! AGAIN! End my Misery​​

Now that you've tried to predict the year only 2 weeks in can I meme you to death? o3o
    Eh, I've been lazily doing the event and I have 491 coins, so it's entirely conceivable that if I keep up my current rate I could have 2000 in 2 weeks. Someone more dedicated would be even more likely to reach that total.
    I'm gonna post results at the end of the week, I'm actually farming with a dedicated character to get the Emote account wide
    Trying to get 3 Colossus kills each day (except of the first day after maintance) and the bonus tokens from the special costume weeklies
    Now that you've tried to predict the year only 2 weeks in can I meme you to death? o3o
    9e3.gif​​
    Doing the dailies nets you around 100 coins a day, if you're doing the dailies every day for a week that'll get you 1400 coins, that means you need to make up 600. You get 15 from the nightmare colossus, 1st time would be part of the daily, but 2nd and 3rd time would be bonus, so if you do 3 nightmare colossus a day for two weeks you only need an additional 180. If you're going to be playing and hour and a half every day for two weeks, or ten and a half hours every week, you might be able to collect that extra 180 coins off of mobs. Doesn't seem likely from the drop rates I've experienced, but who knows? Not me. I'd rather uninstall the game and play something else than suffer through that, but then again I hate the nightmare invasion and consider it to be the absolute worst event in CO. Hopefully the changes to FoxbatCon won't see character bound costume pieces but at this point I wouldn't be surprised.
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Regarding the AF turn-ins for Perks and Titles:

I hope you restore that in the future, but please keep the AF drops low as they are now so that the titles are something to achieve, not just another thing to get because you might as well because you have an entire bank-tab full of the damn AFs after all.
    I'd rather uninstall the game and play something else

Are you sure about that?

Are you sure about that?

Than try to get 2000 coins in two weeks for this event? Absolutely. Thankfully I don't have to do that, in fact I've already got everything I want from the event store, so I don't really need to try for another coin, but if I my options were quit the game or reach 2000 coins I'd quit the game. That's an easy choice.

Are you sure about that?

Than try to get 2000 coins in two weeks for this event? Absolutely. Thankfully I don't have to do that, in fact I've already got everything I want from the event store, so I don't really need to try for another coin, but if I my options were quit the game or reach 2000 coins I'd quit the game. That's an easy choice.

Okay. You know that's not a choice you have to make tho, right? Just making sure.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Yo. My predator showing not unlocked in the store. I have no means of checking it in character creator yet. But people are saying they not seeing it. I unlocked it today at about 12:40
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix

Are you sure about that?

Okay. You know that's not a choice you have to make tho, right? Just making sure.

Lol, of course, I don't hate the game, I hate this particular event.
    Lol, of course, I don't hate the game, I hate this particular event.

Cool. I got lucky and the one thing I wanted dropped on like day 3 or day 4 so I haven't been doing it since then. Maybe you'll get lucky too.