test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,233 Arc User
    I fall on the part that's not on your hard drive, and can't see the pic.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 3,307 Arc User
    It's not here either?
    aMxOJ0g.png

Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    It's a .jpg file. If it's not on your hard drive, where is it? It's not on mine.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 504 Arc User
    Who is "we" and what kind of grid is that
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    Between Toony and Photo-like...I guess.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 15,655 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    It's a .jpg file. If it's not on your hard drive, where is it? It's not on mine.

It's on the interwebs \o3o/
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Posts: 22 Arc User
    Your scatter grid is not represented correctly. Photo realistic would be the polar opposite of cartoon or toony so these items should be on the same axis. Heavy stylizing would mean very formal and the proper polar opposite on the other axis should be the anime style since the eyeballs and body parts are disproportionate to the image. All fixed now...

scatter-chart.jpg
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 596 Arc User
    Not on there anywhere.
    [NbK]XStorm
    Your scatter grid is not represented correctly.

I didn't make it u3u though I disagree with your changes. Photorealistic is generally the opposite of stylized graphics
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Posts: 22 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »

I didn't make it u3u though I disagree with your changes. Photorealistic is generally the opposite of stylized graphics

I have to go to work today, but I spoke to a friend about it. I trust his artistic opinion over my own. He wasn't quite sure what I was talking about, so I sent him the two images. He said I am correct about, Photo realistic and Cartoon is the other ends of the spectrum. But anime is not the opposite of Heavy stylizing. In his opinion, he explained the correct axis would be a saturation line between Detailed to Abstract. Anime is a Japanese word that means animation, but it is also a style of its own, that could fall on several places on this grid and not just one end of it. After our talk this morning he asked, "What the heck are you working on over there, that you had to call and wake me up at 4 AM?" I replied, that if I told him, people would know, and that information could put him at risk. Best just go back to bed and forget I ever called you.

• avianosavianos Posts: 4,836 Arc User
    edited June 17
    1. I could perfectly see the Image OP posted without an issue since the creation of the thread, I don't know what technical issues the first posts are experiencing

2. OP didn't make this Chart, Here is the Artist who made this chart https://bengaly.art/post/171394325469/the-only-true-compass-have-fun-calling-ur-friends posted on 28 February 2018

3. and that being set, my artistic inspiration and influence is inbtween Anime and Toony, but mostly greatly influenced by Kemono artists

4. I need to mentioned that Asian Anthro artists are called Kemono (translated literally into Beast/Beastmen) and have an incredible Distinguished artstyle compared to the west
    Just copy paste the definition of wiki from the booru, since it does better job explaining
    DWHqqAy.png
    Kemono Artstyle example: Nomad from Tokyo Afterschool Summoners (and every anthro character in the game) and is combined with the BARA Genre
    fg_nomad01.png​​
    An Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable but farms way to much to archieve that
    Playing as EVERYTHING but Superheroes (BUT they are my Heroes) Eternal Silver since 1 February 2011
    Currently playing with 72+ Characters (7 ATs, 65 FFs) Loving all of them, ALTitis for Life
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 662 Arc User
    Between Anime and Toony for me. :p
    Link to my build thread on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1346940077
    Broken parser test here: https://gyazo.com/25ccc5aaa2f98523d217ffe0c07e1dbb
    @shadowolf505 in game, same on the forums too.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 7,950 Arc User
    The second you put the feline heads in that "chart", my thought was *YECHH! Nowhere!!!!*
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited June 18

I have to go to work today, but I spoke to a friend about it. I trust his artistic opinion over my own. He wasn't quite sure what I was talking about, so I sent him the two images. He said I am correct about, Photo realistic and Cartoon is the other ends of the spectrum. But anime is not the opposite of Heavy stylizing. In his opinion, he explained the correct axis would be a saturation line between Detailed to Abstract. Anime is a Japanese word that means animation, but it is also a style of its own, that could fall on several places on this grid and not just one end of it. After our talk this morning he asked, "What the heck are you working on over there, that you had to call and wake me up at 4 AM?" I replied, that if I told him, people would know, and that information could put him at risk. Best just go back to bed and forget I ever called you.

Ask your friend to give you an example of highly stylized photorealistic.
    avianos wrote: »
    and is combined with the BARA Genre

Avianos BARAS his way into the battle O3o
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,321 Arc User
    rSu9r34.png
    • Thick outlines everywhere
    • Characters that are mostly proportioned like real-life humans
    • Usage of a lot of realistic textures in spite of outlines
    • Attempts at anime characters in this game just look like strange bugs or goblins especially if they're guys
    • That toony tiger head will basically be a costume unlock by the end of this year.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

Well, I personally tend toward the photorealistic, what with existing in external reality and all that sort of thing...

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    Considering all 4 corners feature furries, hopefully nowhere.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • shadowfang240shadowfang240 Posts: 1,462 Arc User
    animal character != furry - you need to learn the definition of terms before you go speaking out of ignorance...and so does most of the planet's population​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 6,461 Arc User
    animal character != furry - you need to learn the definition of terms before you go speaking out of ignorance...and so does most of the planet's population​​
    If most of the planet disagrees with you about what a word means, you're the one who's wrong.
    no, it means most of the planet is full of ignorant assholes who never bother to do even the most BASIC research​​
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 2,994 Arc User
    The term "furry" is often used to describe anthropomorphic characters in general, not that I agree with it and believe that there should be a distinction between anthropomorphic characters in general and the term used to describe a subculture.
    edited June 19
    yes, it is used wrongly - and usually in a derogatory manner to boot, so i will damn well verbally bitchslap anyone i see saying it every time it comes up

and the distinction ALREADY exists, really - 'furry' only applies to the people who are part of that particular culture, not their characters or any other humanoid animal - the correct term for the latter is ANTHRO; that's why it exists​​
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 2,994 Arc User
    edited June 19
    I mean, I'm willing to bet if you asked the majority of people who aren't knowledgeable about the subculture to describe the characters Judy and Nick from Zootopia, the automatic answer would be "bunny" and "fox" respectively.

Because "Furry bunny" and "Furry fox" just sounds stupid.
    well...i think people would at least say 'talking' bunny/fox in that case...but essentially, yes​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 6,461 Arc User
    no, it means most of the planet is full of ignorant assholes who never bother to do even the most BASIC research​​
    Words mean what people think they mean, there is no such thing as objective meaning for words.
    Words mean what people think they mean, there is no such thing as objective meaning for words.

And therefore sesquipedalian banana foxtrot. Peaches! Peaches and frottage!!

edited June 19
    yeah, what he said...whatever the fork it was he said

wait, what the hell is sesquipedalian?! that's not even a w-oh my dog, it is a word​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 4,836 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    and is combined with the BARA Genre

Avianos BARAS his way into the battle O3o
    ALWAYS! Bara Kemono artists are the BEST
    fa8.gif​​
    An Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable but farms way to much to archieve that
    Playing as EVERYTHING but Superheroes (BUT they are my Heroes) Eternal Silver since 1 February 2011
    Currently playing with 72+ Characters (7 ATs, 65 FFs) Loving all of them, ALTitis for Life
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    Prissy little shiz get too much attention. Boof Baras need more love!
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter