test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20190108.26 - Misc Changes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2019 in PTS - The Archive
High Noon
  • Added Dino Maw costume to the event store.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where the Shattering Rain device's debuffs did not count as the player's.
  • Fixed a bug where some Healing Rune abilities did not count as an Enchantment.
  • Fixed a bug where Specializations like Protector Mastery affected Active Ultimate abilities.
  • Fixed a bug where Shadow Manipulation's energy was scaling with Recovery.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug with the Radical Mohawk's costume materials not displaying.
  • Fixed a bug with the Armor Ninja 2 bracer texture.
  • Fixed a bug where the Shadow Form legacy aura changed in appearance.
​​

Comments

• Thanks for all these fixes, specially the aura bug i mentioned, also this should solve some energy issues with my darkness toon.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    The circles seem to be fix. All the circle remains while you walk out for a few second and walk back. Also:
    Y50qmKu.jpg
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Circle fix not mentioned in patch notes, but apparently is happening?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Was the bug of Shadow Blast's Devoid with Ebon Rift fixed?

Edit: Nope, Shadow Blast w/Devoid doesn't apply Devoid in an AoE sphere if the targets are affected by E.Rift.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Fixed a bug where Specializations like Protector Mastery affected Active Ultimate abilities.

Kinda sucks this wasn't intended tho. It was one of the things that made these particular ultimates work well.
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Fixed a bug where Shadow Manipulation's energy was scaling with Recovery.
    [/list]

Weird how this was the only time I ever needed to use Circle of Energy. Maybe that power does need something added to it so it can have uses beyond cosmic-optimized PA builds.​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Weird how this was the only time I ever needed to use Circle of Energy. Maybe that power does need something added to it so it can have uses beyond cosmic-optimized PA builds.

It already has. It's also for cosmic-optimized LS builds :^)​​
  • Last High Noon we got a steampunk sword, last week we got a robot mask, and now we have a robot dinosaur head.. why not give us costume pieces that actually have something to do with the Western genre like a sombrero, a poncho, a native American headdress? Why not a guitar case Gatling gun skin so we can make a mariachi homage? We still don't have a Western weapon skin option for SMG either. Dark Tower and Red Dead Redemption 2 came out a while ago but CO didn't capitalize on their popularity by releasing content related to them. I get that we're fighting cowboy robots but I doubt there's a huge demand for more options to become one.

I'm capped at 800 Snakebucks on all my characters, there's plenty of things i'd want to buy if only the devs would create them for our event. :/
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Weird how this was the only time I ever needed to use Circle of Energy. Maybe that power does need something added to it so it can have uses beyond cosmic-optimized PA builds.​​
    Just change all forms so the energy gain scales with Rec instead of the same stat that scales damage :).
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Just change all forms so the energy gain scales with Rec instead of the same stat that scales damage :).

Adding circle requirements to more builds isn't really a positive thing.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Naw, it'd be better to just adjust power armor so that it could run all its things without the need to stand in a circle. Then, with a few nerfs to circle of tanks, we could just sunset those abilities and possibly usher in newer, better solutions. Drawing a circle and then standing in it for the duration of a fight is pretty uninteresting. Dark Transfusion does it better.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Circles should just be a defensive/utility thing, not dps(energy)/threat.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »
    Naw, it'd be better to just adjust power armor so that it could run all its things without the need to stand in a circle.

But PA can already do that. My PA toon doesn't use a circle and she can maintain all day.

Then, with a few nerfs to circle of tanks, we could just sunset those abilities and possibly usher in newer, better solutions.

You know, before you talk about "sunsetting" powers, you should probably have those newer, better solutions handy.

Drawing a circle and then standing in it for the duration of a fight is pretty uninteresting.

To you.
    Dark Transfusion does it better.

I see people using circles. I don't see people using Dark Transfusion. So really, by realistic measures, Dark Transfusion doesn't do anything better.
    aiqa wrote: »
    Circles should just be a defensive/utility thing, not dps(energy)/threat.

Given the current state of dps/energy circles, I'm inclined to agree. It's clear they don't want to give us dps circles with a useful amount of dps bonus, and energy circles seem doomed to be a niche gimmick to prop up niche builds. Some of that utility can incidentally be useful for dps.. like say a circle that gives a bit of charge time bonus.​​
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Curious, do folks actually use circles in things like Eido? I haven't been paying attention to the current meta for that.
    I can't imagine with how movement heavy something like that is, it would be okay/practical to use circles. I think maybe the post 40 fights I can see it working for would be the boss in LI, Kiga, and Dino. Everything else is pretty movement heavy.
  • hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    I find that most large team fights tend to have enough auras that you don't even need to put the circle down. On my PA DPS he is mostly sustainable with 1 AoPM or easily sustainable with 1 AoAC so if I see either of these I don't bother putting the circle down at all (come to think of it, i should probably cut it from the build!).

I always find it funny when the group has a silly amount of auras and people still feel the need to put their circles down. How energy hungry is your build!
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Sometimes running a PA build at Cosmics the auras aren't near you. Not a problem at Kiga but Dino and Ape can be iffy if you're at max, or near max, power distance.

This discussion has been closed.