test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please create a single pistol maintain power

jebidiahbeetus#4643 jebidiahbeetus Posts: 550 Arc User
edited November 2018 in Suggestions Box
I still hope that the animations, devices, and Bite hunter powers (Hunter's Shot, Silver Bullet) what use single pistol could be implemented into a future AT, but until then I would like to request the devs create for us a maintain attack. I have a Western character concept whom I adore, but he is missing the one crucial attack power to make the theme accurate. Since The Gunslinger is more reminiscent of The Matrix/Equilibrium (flips/spins/ rolls and cartwheels aren't what you think of when you picture a high noon duel) I opted for The Soldier archetype.

Steady Shot with a revolver skin works, Shotgun Blast is fitting, Showdown is a must, Sniper Rifle with the Western Rifle skin is a good choice, even Gatling Gun with the old weapon skin would be accurate, but SMG and Assault Rifle don't suit the theme and unfortunately both of these maintains are the workhorse power we'd use more than any other. I suggested a maintain attack with a pistol fanning animation, or even just the Gunslinger's Legacy animation recycled and upgraded from device to actual power.

With the addition of Whirlpool there are now two whole water powers in CO, but currently the sole existing power (and not device) that uses single pistol is Steady Shot, an energy builder. Though some dual pistol attacks only fire from one (Holdout Shot, Execution Shot) the character still displays a gun in each hand. I don't know if any other powers have been created and added to our list of attacks to choose from without also being worked into a new AT, but Flamethrower was added to the Munitions power pool one day.

I know Munition already got some attention with the creation of The Gunslinger and the changes to The Soldier archetype and players are eager for other power sets to be reviewed/revamped, but I am crossing my fingers hoping for even just one new single pistol power to be created and added to Munitions the same way that Flamethrower was.

@kaizerin @ambassadorkael#6946 plz

Comments