test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 11/20/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2018 in Release Notes
Nighthawk
Nighthawk will start on November 21st at 9am pst.
  • Added an UNTIL hoverdisk flight option next to the Hawkwing vehicles.
  • Fixed a bug where the alert didn't set players to level 30.
  • Adjusted the scoring to give out points during all parts of the alert instead of just at the final fight.
  • The Franklin Stone alert can be queued from the alert window if you have progressed to the defeat Franklin stone portion of the mission or have completed it.
  • Added Night Visor costume to the event store.

Aquatic Lockbox
This lockbox will be available on November 21st starting at 9am pst.

New lockbox items!

Bubble Flight power unlock
Fly around in a giant bubble!

Whirlpool ultimate power unlock
Create massive whirlpools to draw in foes!

Idle Swim emote
Swim anywhere!

Graceful Bow emote
An elegant bow!

Ice Cage costume transformation
Trap yourself in ice and break free!

Aquatic Costume Box!
The following costumes can be found in the box:
  • Aquatic Tights 1
  • Aquatic Tights 2
  • Aquatic Mask 1
  • Aquatic Mask 2
  • Aquatic Helmet 1
  • Aquatic Helmet 2
  • Aquatic Emblem
  • Aquatic Shoulders 1
  • Aquatic Shoulders 2
  • Aquatic Bracers 1
  • Aquatic Bracers 2
  • Aquatic Belt 1
  • Aquatic Belt 2
  • Aquatic Armor 1
  • Aquatic Armor 2
  • Aquatic Boots 1
  • Aquatic Boots 2

Andrith Ruins
Andrith Ruins has been spruced up a bit.
  • There are now doors in the Lair that need to be opened to progress. They cannot be interacted with while in combat.
  • Addressed a bug with the magma Golems using their yank ability when they weren't supposed to be. No more getting thrown around like a sock puppet every few seconds.
  • Vikorin's hit points have been increased.
  • Updated the lair to have an open mission display.
  • Updated the rewards so that it's granted per player (like normal open missions).
  • Optimized the egg hatching fx to help with performance.
  • Slightly increased the amount of resources (equal to roughly 3 alerts) and SCR Vikorin gives. Since his rewards are now granted per player this amount is no longer split up based on number of players attacking him.
  • Increased the chance of Vikorin's gear to drop.
  • Added some generic rewards as additional drops (healing items, stars, catalysts).
  • Hyrg's hit points have been increased
  • Gave Vikorin a more noticeable attack FX on his area disable power.
  • Added Vikorin's Headdress device as a possible drop.
  • Moved some mobs away from doors.
  • Removed the Elements of Lemuria mission.
  • Lemurian eggs in Andrith Ruins will now only go into combat when damaged.
  • Added chests in the lair where you can purchase healing items.

Powers
New Power: Whirlpool
  • Can be obtained in the Aquatic Lockbox
  • Wind Framework Ultimate
  • Deals cold damage to targets in a 25ft area effect and pulls them in. Targets within 10ft of the whirlpool's center are rooted. Applies chill to targets.

Implosion Engine
  • Adjusted the cost formula for this power. Cost has been lowered.
  • Updated the tooltip to state that it has a 25ft area effect. This is just a tooltip update.
  • Fixed a bug where it ended if the main target was defeated.

Misc
  • Logging in during 11/22/18 - 11/29/18 will grant you the "Stuffed" title and burp emote!
  • Fixed a bug where Master of the Mind's resistances didn't always apply.
  • Fixed a bug where Master of the Mind's crit chance based on ego leech stacks only applied based on your stacks when initially clicking the power.
  • Fixed a bug with the Arcane Flight travel power where the legs would swap positions when entering the idle pose.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Make more titles an item so they can be traded/sold like the anniversary ones.
  • lan#8253 lan Posts: 34 Arc User
    What?! No catfish?! Bah. ;)

I am kitting. ;)
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    The mission for rescuing catfish stuck in kelp in Lemuria is coming next week.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Next Power Revamp, when? (guessing it'll be next year)
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Cross posting it here. Quality of Lootboxes and Key bundles needs to be revisited.

Old lockboxes had:
    - A vehicle
    - A sidekick
    - An Ultimate
    - A TP
    - Legion Gear crate
    - More frequent Mercenary gear crates

Whereas current lockboxes have:
    - Emotes
    - Costume Transform
    - An Ultimate
    - A TP
    - I think Mercenary gear still drops I guess?

Meanwhile old keybundles used to have:
    - One of either: a useful device (Draysha Supercharge/Voltanic Potential), useful heirloom gear or a useful sidekick
    - Utility mods

Whereas currently
    -Utility mods
    - A costume piece (only useful for the first bundle you buy)
    - Crap devices (Permanent Party Bomb)

I think the last keybundle I actually bought was the Buccaneer one mostly cause of the Jack Fool mods it came with and I ended up using those keys in Collector Box, and the last time I opened rotation Lockboxes was Shaolin cause I wanted the Stoic TP and was very lucky to get it under 60 boxes, cause then I only got like 6 Costumes Boxes, 2 Mercenary Boxes and a bajillion of Dual Stat mods that I ended up posting for like 5g.​​
  • tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »

Aquatic Lockbox
    This lockbox will be available on November 21st starting at 9am pst.

New lockbox items!

Whirlpool ultimate power unlock
    Create massive whirlpools to draw in foes!

Powers
    • Deals cold damage to targets in a 25ft area effect and pulls them in. Targets within 10ft of the whirlpool's center are rooted. Applies chill to targets.
      ​​

I am uncertain whether or not to be pleased or disappointed about this power update.
    To explain, I've been waiting for a water framework for years and even though it sounds like a water power, it reads like it's a wind power instead.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    tilarta wrote: »

I am uncertain whether or not to be pleased or disappointed about this power update.
    To explain, I've been waiting for a water framework for years and even though it sounds like a water power, it reads like it's a wind power instead.

You can still have a water framework inside another framework.

It looks like water, but instead of saying "Deals X moist damage" it will read "Deals X frost damage". That is literally the only difference​​
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I liked the leg switch thing. :/
    Try to keep yourself in a stance with 1 leg pulled up for half an hour. Most people will be eager to switch to the other leg after a few minutes.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • solhusetsolhuset Posts: 40 Arc User
    Bug: Vikorin Resource drops.
    So according to the notes, Vikorin should now drop resources equal to 3 alerts. However, for our run he dropped a grand 99 resources per player. One short of a single National. He did drop 6 scr though, which I'm guessing is now a guaranteed amount as opposed to a random 3 or 6
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    The mission for rescuing catfish stuck in kelp in Lemuria is coming next week.
    you THINK you're joking, but there's already a mission for rescuing endangered lyretail fish. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Elements of Lemuria is a mission in the Andrith lair that was supposed to give you lava resistance. But that effect has been broken for as long as I can remember. Would have prefered the mission to be fixed and the lava resistance made useful, but I guess this is the second best option.
    Bug: Tireless (energy on kill) mods are not working since this patch.
  • patternwalkerpatternwalker Posts: 167 Arc User
    Fixed a bug with the Arcane Flight travel power where the legs would swap positions when entering the idle pose.
    aiqa wrote: »
    I liked the leg switch thing. :/
    Try to keep yourself in a stance with 1 leg pulled up for half an hour. Most people will be eager to switch to the other leg after a few minutes.

I also liked the leg switch thing with Arcane Flight. It seemed a very natural movement and I assumed it was intended. I'm sorry to see it go. Any chance it can come back? Did people object to it?
    edited November 2018
    Statues do waaaaaaay to high damage in the Andrith fight. With Vikorin's new damage pretty much all tanks will need healer support. Healers will agro all statues with heal threat, and most healers will get killed by the statues while disabled.

Adds keep respawning in the Vikorin fight. That could be intended but it never happened in the past.

Mob in front of the door to the hallway spiraling down to Vikorin still respawn.

The OM reward isn't dropping any globals at all. I only got:
    You received 200 Questionite Ore.
    You received 5% Catalyst.
    You received Presence Armoring 4.
    You received Strength and Intelligence Armoring 4.
    You received 6 Silver Champion Recognition.

The old lair gave 12g per run (6g per boss, and a bit more on higher difficulty). I'd expect at least that much since it takes way longer to complete now.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Even Eidolon 'gathering' won't happen for a while again...
    'Eidolon fix' would be far away for can be for ever...
    bugged EIDOLON FIX SUGGESTION
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Whirlpool looks nice! :+1: (that cooldown doe)
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Aquatic Costume Box!
    The following costumes can be found in the box:

Aquatic Tights 1
    Aquatic Tights 2
    Aquatic Mask 1
    Aquatic Mask 2
    Aquatic Helmet 1
    Aquatic Helmet 2
    Aquatic Emblem
    Aquatic Shoulders 1
    Aquatic Shoulders 2
    Aquatic Bracers 1
    Aquatic Bracers 2
    Aquatic Belt 1
    Aquatic Belt 2
    Aquatic Armor 1
    Aquatic Armor 2
    Aquatic Boots 1
    Aquatic Boots 2

Pics pls.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Pics pls.

Someone put pics on the PTS thread for this lockbox. The pieces look better than the pics posted tho', imo.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Andrith Ruins
    • Slightly increased the amount of resources (equal to roughly 3 alerts) and SCR Vikorin gives. Since his rewards are now granted per player this amount is no longer split up based on number of players attacking him.
    • Increased the chance of Vikorin's gear to drop.
    • Added some generic rewards as additional drops (healing items, stars, catalysts).
    • Hyrg's hit points have been increased
    • Gave Vikorin a more noticeable attack FX on his area disable power.
    • Added Vikorin's Headdress device as a possible drop.
    • Added chests in the lair where you can purchase healing items.

I'm really loving the idea of these changes. Decent rewards, a bit more challenging, and plus you can buy healing items w/o having to leave the map!!! My fingers are crossed that similar changes QOL are coming to all existing lairs.
    Powers

No complaints about this. Seems like a decent "Water Manipulator" could be built the Whirlpool mixed in with Wind and Ice powers. I have no problem with water powers applying Chill it kind of makes sense.
    MISC
    • Fixed a bug where Master of the Mind's resistances didn't always apply.
    • Fixed a bug where Master of the Mind's crit chance based on ego leech stacks only applied based on your stacks when initially clicking the power.
    ​​
    Implosion Engine
    • Adjusted the cost formula for this power. Cost has been lowered.
    • Updated the tooltip to state that it has a 25ft area effect. This is just a tooltip update.
    • Fixed a bug where it ended if the main target was defeated.

Thank you for fixing MotM and Implosion Engine, those have been a long time coming.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    lezard21 wrote: »

It looks like water, but instead of saying "Deals X moist damage" it will read "Deals X frost damage". That is literally the only difference​​

Yeah, after seeing this power, I hopped onto my wind character, and really, if you color them blue a lot of the power animations really do look a lot like water. And since I doubt this game has the resources to make whole new frameworks of powers, I think it works well enough. They could even make a water-themed archetype, maybe, with default blue wind powers, if they do a Wind revamp!
    Post edited by heartstringsk3 on
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    We did receive a number of complaints regarding the flight since its launch, and it was a bug as it was using regular flight's leg position in idle instead of its own.

I am unable to reproduce this. Is it against specific mobs or in general?​​
    btw, mob questionite seems to have been turned on but no announcement​​
    Just want to agree with this assessment. The older lock boxes definitely had more of value in them. Too much useless junk in most of the last few. #MakeLootboxesGeatAgain.
    Cross posting it here. Quality of Lootboxes and Key bundles needs to be revisited.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited November 2018
    I am unable to reproduce this. Is it against specific mobs or in general?​​

In general. I noticed it first in the Andrith lair, but it's happening everywhere.
    I can't proof it in a parse since not all energy returns show up in a parse (forms does, electric passive does, but electric EU doesn't), and I am not sure if tireless mods are supposed to show up or not.
    The only real proof I can give something has changed is a screenshot of the gear itself.
    At the same time it stopped working it also stopped showing up in the mouseover UI.
    I've tried reslotting the gear and the mod, to no avail.

/edit
    Now that I look again I am noticing the 10% damage is also missing from the mouseover UI.
    After removing both core mods, and then adding them back in, it all works again.
    The same thing happened to the damage mod on my second utility gear.
    The damage bonus itself also didn't work at all, after reslotting my gigabolt tooltip damage went up

/edit2
    I've had someone else check their electric damage mod, and the same thing happened to them.
    So it's just the electric damage mod that messed things up, but after reslotting that mod it all works again.
    (Luckily I had half a million Q and nothing else to spend it on)

tireless1.png

tireless2.png
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Pics pls.

Someone put pics on the PTS thread for this lockbox. The pieces look better than the pics posted tho', imo.

200.gif

Hmmm...the current "armor" designs with "spikey" helmets and stuff are too much cut from the same tree..Same dull pattern...erm non existing patterns...no likey. It's AQUATIC, it should have AQUATIC stuff on it, like scales, sharks, whales, mermaids on it, you know, SEA stuff.
    And even maybe possibly something like this:
    justice_league-aquaman-2017-movie-15528.jpg
    Yes, it's the friggin Aquaman. And he looks aquaticly awesome.

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    [*] Logging in during 11/22/18 - 11/29/18 will grant you the "Stuffed" title and burp emote!
    ]
    In before someone gets offended by this again pig-30.gif

It looks like water, but instead of saying "Deals X moist damage" it will read "Deals X frost damage". That is literally the only difference
    I welcome having water themed powers inside other frameworks
    Having 2 water-themed mage dps one WIND and the other FORCE, WIND does an excellent job as a substitue to water

The Whirlpool ultimate is visually pleasing
    Andrith Ruins
    No daily mission for the lair?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    • Added an UNTIL hoverdisk flight option next to the Hawkwing vehicles.

Hallelujah. Welcomed addition.

[*] Fixed a bug with the Arcane Flight travel power where the legs would swap positions when entering the idle pose.
    [/list]​​

I liked the legs swap thing. Looks weird now.

Not the first time something good is badly altered without reason while some annoying bugs people permanently complains about are never adressed and remains.
    On one hand we constantly heard about how team and time limitations restrain your ability to do a lot of things, and on the other hand you spend that precious time to make unecessary "fixes" on things that are not really broken.

Another thing. Maybe it's an accident, maybe not. When you use an existing power as template to create a new one, do not feel obliged to alter the original one as well. The change made for bubble flight underwater affected Arcane flight and stoic flight underwater as well. As much as i like these two Tps badass stances on and above earth, they look completly dumb underwater. You know like if your chars had some kind of broom in the #ss in every circonstances. Now i think of it, maybe it's the flying broom we were expecting for halloween all these years...
    Bad Joke apart, hope all these TPs are not linked and you will be able to repair the swim animation for arcane and stoic flight and keep the underwater logic flying stance of buble flight.

I will not talk about what was once both a team and solo friendly lair. While improving it, you could have chosen to make things scaling to number of players present. Instead of that, things are calibered for team only, making the half boss a boring 15 minutes fight and the last boss an anal pain for solo players.
    Being a MMO doesn't mean you have to close the door to solo playing. Let alternatives, with scaling difficulty and rewards. Having choice is always better and seduce more people.

And because i understand how hard is the position of having to deal with constantly ungratefull players, i'll finish on something positive

Thank you for the new power, the new skins, and all the efforts deployed to improve the game we like.

Fixed a bug with the Arcane Flight travel power where the legs would swap positions when entering the idle pose.
    ...I actually really liked that sassy leg swap as well ( ._.)
    pointless change​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    grievehart wrote: »

Some changes are trivial to make, some aren't. We don't expect players to know what's trivial and what isn't as it isn't always obvious and some things you think would be simple aren't (and vice versa).

Bug fixes are done as we have time and are prioritized by how much time they take, how critical of an issue they are, and if they're relevant to something we're currently working on. In the case of the flight animation, it was directly tied in with the creation of Bubble Flight and was a trivial fix.

However, in the case of say, Eidolon's issues, we have spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out what's wrong with him and did not have any success in pinpointing what's causing his issues (I posted about this in one of the Eidolon threads a while back). His fix is not trivial and will require quite a lot of dev time and testing to address. We are unable to dedicate the time needed to address him right now, and probably won't be able to look into him until the next year.

There's also the issue of us knowing there is a problem with something. If you know of a bug, please make sure it's been posted on the bug thread.

But yeah, some fixes are quick and easy and some aren't. If a bug is posted and isn't addressed promptly chances are it's a bit too involved for us to address it quickly. It doesn't mean it'll never get fixed, but it may take some time.

The swim change isn't linked to the flight animation, it's on a per power basis. ie it would be possible to change Arcane flight to use a regular swim animation and not have it affect bubble flight. It was considered a bug that it was using a regular swim animation.​​
  • grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    The swim change isn't linked to the flight animation, it's on a per power basis. ie it would be possible to change Arcane flight to use a regular swim animation and not have it affect bubble flight. It was considered a bug that it was using a regular swim animation.​​

So making characters move underwater in such gracefull and practical stances as stoic and arcane flight was a deliberate choice...

If enough people report these "no swimming" stances as a bug, will it be reverted as normal ?

• tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User

I'm not so concerned about what category they put the power in, as long as it's reasonably waterlike in appearance.

Unfortunately, counting Whirlpool, there are only two water powers in the game:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Iyi8BPpX0/video]
    The other one is Holy Water from Celestial (has to be unlocked with event currency).

Two powers isn't enough for a full water framework, more are needed.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Being a MMO doesn't mean you have to close the door to solo playing.

That door is still wide open in CO and it'll take a mountain of changes to close it.​​
    Two powers isn't enough for a full water framework, more are needed.

That wasn't your original complain though. Your original complain was that you wanted a water power, got a water looking power, but it was placed under the Wind powerset. Adding a new powerset at this stage of the game presumably would require a lot of work so it's probably much more easier to just add powers that look like "another powerset" into an already existing powerset.

Yes, there are currently 2 but more will be probably added in time when Wind gets a proper revision and potentially gets renamed into Storm Framework.​​
    So, if you can't fix him for the foreseeable future why not just roll him back to an earlier version? May end up being farmed a bit more than desirable, but which is worse, more people enjoying content or fewer people enjoying content?
    However, in the case of say, Eidolon's issues, we have spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out what's wrong with him and did not have any success in pinpointing what's causing his issues (I posted about this in one of the Eidolon threads a while back). His fix is not trivial and will require quite a lot of dev time and testing to address. We are unable to dedicate the time needed to address him right now, and probably won't be able to look into him until the next year.
    ​​

JwLmWoa.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    This reminds me of two specific travel powers that do interesting things underwater.

Phoenix Flight does this thing where it replaces your back costume layer with energy wings. Well... that stays underwater even when the flame effect gets suppressed while you swim. (the screencap is me leaving the water)
    wetwings_by_marhawkman-dcg2m88.png
    Would it be possible to get this as a costume piece or separate travel power? It looks neat. :)

The other is blazing acrobatics which gets turned into swimming and uses the regular swim animation... but still creates an energy trail behind you like usual.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited November 2018
    Added an UNTIL hoverdisk flight option next to the Hawkwing vehicles.
    Fixed a bug where the alert didn't set players to level 30.
    Adjusted the scoring to give out points during all parts of the alert instead of just at the final fight.
    The Franklin Stone alert can be queued from the alert window if you have progressed to the defeat Franklin stone portion of the mission or have completed it.
    THANK YOU, both of those are the best fixes-additions for this alert

with UNTIL hoverdisk the alert is more flexible and Melee characters are not getting punished :grimace:​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    edited November 2018
    Well I spoke too soon... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Added an UNTIL hoverdisk flight option next to the Hawkwing vehicles.
    BUG: Grabbing UNTIL hoverdisk automatically teleports you outside the building, causing you to fall to your death
    The Device is not automatically equipped
    ​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    > @avianos said:
    > Well I spoke too soon... Added an UNTIL hoverdisk flight option next to the Hawkwing vehicles.
    >
    >
    >
    > BUG: Grabbing UNTIL hoverdisk automatically teleports out outside the building, causing you to fall in your death
    > The Device is not automatically equipped ​​

This is an infrequent bug though. I only had it happen 1 out of 7 times
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    It only causes you to almost always sometimes immediately perish horriblely and alone.
    But you don't die though. You just get teleported back inside the building. Your form and TPs are still on and the death perk does not increase. It's just a mildly inconvenience not warranted of forum REEing.​​
    May end up being farmed a bit more than desirable, but which is worse, more people enjoying content or fewer people enjoying content?

That question ceases to have meaning when you consider the fact that there is content other than Eido. It's not as if there is a specific need to have people running Eido a given amount, what's important is that players are finding something to enjoy somewhere in the game - if that's not Eido that's fine because Eido, like a lot of things in video games, wasn't made for everybody. It seems to me that since the point of Eido was to be a high difficulty encounter he is likely being run about the expected amount, and unless the people running him are crazy in the brain I would imagine they are enjoying what they're doing. Sure, right now the event is probably keeping people's attention, but before that there were multiple runs daily...which given his current state is probably more than the expected amount of activity if you think about it. Seems there's quite the audience in CO for demanding, janky encounters.

Also I think the "just roll it back" solution can be filed under "things that might sound simple, but are in fact complicated and would take a lot of time". Like Kaiz pointed out, if something is simple and quick, they already did it.​​
    Doesn't really answer the question though, does it? Let the Dev say how hard it would be to roll it back maybe it is relatively simple, maybe not. We don't know. The point is that it is content that was made to be played and enjoyed and at the moment that is not really happening. If it could be rolled back to something that it was before and people play it more that seems more desirable (to me) than letting it just sit like this for some indefinite future revisit (like the informative cut scenes that were promised StE and have not been included).
    JwLmWoa.png
  • zagadekezagadeke Posts: 10 Arc User
    Where is the Stuffed title and Burp emote you promised? I've logged into the game and no title or emote
    edited November 2018
    We don't know. The point is that it is content that was made to be played and enjoyed and at the moment that is not really happening.

Multiple daily runs isn't enough? Okay, how much activity would you say is enough?
    Doesn't really answer the question though, does it?

Is more people enjoying the game's content better? Yes, so long as when you say content you mean the entirety of the game's content in general.

Is more people enjoying Eido better? Whatever number is the amount of people who belong to the demographic that the encounter was made for enjoying it is best.​​
    edited November 2018
    zagadeke wrote: »
    Where is the Stuffed title and Burp emote you promised? I've logged into the game and no title or emote

Did you already get it last year? If not, then report it as a bug so devs know about it.​​
    edited November 2018
    Since the increased damage resistance on Green Orbs is being treated as a "bug" instead of someone going through the code and replacing a damage resistance value from 45% to 75%, some ideas for testing would be to remove all invisible anchors on Eido and see whether Green Orbs and other stuff might not be scaling off those.

After all there is a precedent for QWZ bosses scaling off stuff other than players. I tried killing the Chaos Imps around the Shadow Citadel while people were fighting Eido but no change was appreciated. The other close thing I can think of are those invisible anchors.

This tin foil speculation brought to you by the fact that Eido's orbs and other attacks are supposed to scale with number of players, yet no matter how many players we bring the damage resistance is always stuck at 42%. So either the value is bugged and stuck, OR other stuff is being accounted for the scaling to the point where it reaches the asymptote of the scaling curve.​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Another thing that might help players detect bugs is to take some of the buffs that are currently flagged as invisible and making them visible. This would allow players to notice 'oh, that thing has multiple copies off buff X', which seems like the most likely cause of the damage resistance issue.