• Added Bubble Flight power unlock.
  • Added Whirlpool power unlock.
  • Added Idle Swim emote.
  • Added Bow Graceful emote.

Powers
New Power: Whirlpool
  • Can be obtained in the Aquatic Lockbox
  • Wind Framework Ultimate
  • Deals cold damage to targets in a 25ft area effect and pulls them in. Targets within 10ft of the whirlpool's center are rooted. Applies chill to targets.

Implosion Engine
  • Adjusted the cost formula for this power. Cost has been lowered.
  • Updated the tooltip to state that it has a 25ft area effect. This is just a tooltip update.
  • Fixed a bug where it ended if the main target was defeated.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug with the Arcane Flight travel power where the legs would swap positions when entering the idle pose.
​​

Comments

• criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Bug: Bubble Flight
    When ranking it up to either Rank 2 or Rank 3
    This travel power loses the VFX/Bubble visual effect
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    Bug: When you unlock the Idle Swim emote, you get pop-up text that says 'Simmer' instead of 'Swimmer.'

Bug: Can't unlock Bow Graceful on the PTS; claims it needs "further requirements."
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    Back with more preview pictures of the new stuff.

Bubble Flight power unlock
    unknown.png

Whirlpool power unlock
    unknown.png

Idle Swim emote
    unknown.png

Bow Graceful emote
    unknown.png
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User

Suggestion 1
    For Bubble Flight, not to have the bubble disappear when you're in combat mode and use the swimming animations instead of Arcane Flight's

Suggestion 2
    A secondary idle swimming emote similarly to the ones aquatic Lemurians use in Lemuria
    unknown.png

Bug
    Using Bubble Flight underwater with swimming animations causes the bubble to move halfway outside/behind the player when moving
    unknown.png

@atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    I'll be honest. When a fellow player showed me the ultimate, I unironically thought you were making a Water powerset.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Anywho just tested whirpool and...i don't know.

I guess it's doing what it's intended to be doing.

It's nice that it's a click, but for something with a 1:30 cooldown damagewise it's just a stronger flashfire patch.

If it's meant to be utility, it would probably benefit from getting the Commanding Presence adv.

Alternatively, give it an adv that stacks Dependancy on targets affected since anime rules say water = life. Or give it a healing rune effect.​​
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    I think my arctic water elemental is going to love this new lockbox!! :) Thank you!!
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Whirlpool looks clean 👌🏾
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    I'll be honest. When a fellow player showed me the ultimate, I unironically thought you were making a Water powerset.

still could, whether as its own or a mini-set as part of wind (since this power is part of wind); this might be a test to judge interest​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    The bubble graphic for bubble flight needs some sort of shine. It looks oddly matte in its current form.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Water and wind are basically the same thing if you think about it.​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Powers
    New Power: Whirlpool
    Can be obtained in the Aquatic Lockbox
    Wind Framework Ultimate
    Deals cold damage to targets in a 25ft area effect and pulls them in. Targets within 10ft of the whirlpool's center are rooted. Applies chill to targets.
    At first I thought this was an ICE ultimate from the name and because it deals only Cold damage type and not crushing, but after double checking the description here and ingame I was pleasantly surprised
    ALREADY A BETTER ULTIMATE THAN THIS TRASH CALLED FRACTAL AEGIS 100/100 :grimace:
    I like the visuals, it can be used for an ICE DPS without a problem, it's Damage over time Fire and Forget and it has cool utility

BUG: None of Whirlpool ranks have sound effects
    Suggestion: Rank 2 and 3 could use more distinguished visuals. I suggest small water geysers emrging from the ground

This power could use another utility for ENDGAME bosses as well

This is intersting, a Water themed power under Wind powerframe, it fits perfectly

This is a pull mechanic power I wanted Ebon Rift to be (now if it could change into fire and forget power too)
    Added Bow Graceful emote.
    Its the emote the Fox butler in Caprice has been using​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Really curious and impatient to see the next Powerframe Revamp, everything hints for Fighting Claws but this Lockbox's thematology suddently added Water Aesthetics powers

Not like this will stop people from making Aquaman clones with fighting claws​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Well, at least we know that no interest in feedback was being sought since it got dumped on live today.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Isn’t that the usual? Last tight set they released I spent an hour with typing input; PTS on Wednesday and Live on Thursday...
    This is getting tiresome
    WELP I guess Muted Whirlpool and Bugged Rank 2 and 3 Bubble Flight along with any bug the new costume set has will go live now
    054.png
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    when are you guys gonna learn that Live is the ACTUAL test server.

Anyway, the bubble should have a bit more transparency. you know, like bubbles from Presence Mastery?
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter

If this is the case, then the personal magnifiers should have been released already and any potential bug hotfixed with a quick patch.

Instead, the personal magnifiers have been sitting in PTS for 3 months cause "they might be buggy", and bugged or incomplete powers are kicked out the door in less than a day notice. And inside a Lockbox to boot!

I really hope they run statistics on key sales throughout each lockbox release. I'mma go on a limb and say that Shaolin Lockbox was the one that sold the most by the fact that it had an appealing costume set, a sidekic, a functional Ultimate and a good TP, whereas rushed messes like the Blockbuster or Corrosive boxes sold less.

Not to mention the decrease in appeal of key bundles, where we used to get useful devices like Draysha Supercharge or useful heirloom gear pieces, and now we get...a permanent party bomb...yay!​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    What is irksome is that these things are actually posted on PTS as if actually inviting input, when so often they are a done deal with no room for change. Why even waste the minimal amount of effort to put them on PTS if that is the case? Use the time to do something worthwhile instead.

Anyway, the bubble should have a bit more transparency. you know, like bubbles from Presence Mastery?

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • tmenif3904tmenif3904 Posts: 19 Arc User
    kaizerin

Is it possible for us to get a sleeveless version of the Aquatic tights
    edited November 2018
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    What is irksome is that these things are actually posted on PTS as if actually inviting input, when so often they are a done deal with no room for change. Why even waste the minimal amount of effort to put them on PTS if that is the case? Use the time to do something worthwhile instead.

They do it just to see you complain. It brings them joy, and they also get paid for it.​​
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    The Aquatic Lockbox is a huge hit I think. Folks are going bananas over the costume pieces and bubble flight. I normally don't open boxes and I opened five of these. Got the mask #2 and a couple of other things. Then I bought Bubble Flight off the exchange. So a big thumbs up for this particular box!! It worked out well I think

Update

Now that I've played with Whirlpool a bit, I do think it could probably use an advantage that applies the dependency buff. Which is sort of in theme for comic book/anime style water powers. Water is usually associated with healing. But otherwise no complaints, am enjoying the power very much
    Post edited by riverocean on
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    riverocean wrote: »
    Now that I've played with Whirlpool a bit, I do think it could probably use an advantage that applies the dependency buff. Which is sort of in theme for comic book/anime style water powers. Water is usually associated with healing. But otherwise no complaints, am enjoying the power very much

Made this suggestion in the PTS thread (or a healing rune) and it got noped.

Granted, Whirpool already provides a lot of benefits as it is, both in PvE and PvP, so I can live with it not getting an additional advantage. Additional advantages are nice to have to add some customization to powers, but I can see in this case why they wouldn't.​​
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    QUERY: Anyone getting nemesis minions spawning but no mission drops since last patch?

QUERY 2: Why is the Ape in the water?
  • blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    BUG
    Implosion Engine dissapears when killing targets that don't stay after dead, like the telekinetic worms the elder worms spawn in their attacks or the qularr flying bugs.
    I'm the ruler of the fire power.
    QUERY: Anyone getting nemesis minions spawning but no mission drops since last patch?

QUERY 2: Why is the Ape in the water?

1) Check defender or the police officer
    2) The increased Cosmic aggro range has made it exceedingly easier to pull Ape down the mountain. WOOPSIES!​​
    blazer2001 wrote: »
    BUG
    Implosion Engine dissapears when killing targets that don't stay after dead, like the telekinetic worms the elder worms spawn in their attacks or the qularr flying bugs.

I wonder if this is related to a similar bug that Ego Storm and Flame Prison have...​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I wonder if this is related to a similar bug that Ego Storm and Flame Prison have...​​
    No, that's because they made incapacitate powers terminate if any target breaks free. It's not actually a bug, it's just dumb.
This discussion has been closed.