test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Put a Nightmare Demolisher in the Training

pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
I mean, seriously, the training room is SO out of date. Leave all the current stuff, but give us the option of picking something with a little punch, too.
- - - - -
SIGNATURE:
Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Demolishers are weenies. Put the nightmare chicken as an option!​​
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    I've been asking to have Super Villains (Holographic ones) in the PH Battle Station for a while.

It could even be linked to your perks, so as long as you've defeated the Super Villain in content, you'll have them as an option to fight in the PH.

Nightmare Demolishers would be perfect to have around as well...and Perfection of Bodies...
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    More like Knockmare Demolisher.

But yeah, some stronger stuff would be nice. It'd also be cool to have access to every enemy type in every powerhouse instead of having it limited by zone location.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    aesica wrote: »
    More like Knockmare Demolisher.

Do I need to link my videos? tiger-2.gif​​
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    the fact of the matter is name one mob that is tougher than a demolisher and you can't so I support the suggestion to add them to the training room... also all the things theravenforce said.

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    beezeeze wrote: »
    the fact of the matter is name one mob that is tougher than a demolisher and you can't.
    I can name lots. Just most of them are actually named characters instead of generic monsters.
    edited August 2018
    the fact of the matter is name one mob that is tougher than a demolisher and you can't

Considering that High Annelids have killed me way more often than the demolishers, I'm gonna go ahead and give that as an example. Sure, Demolishers have more hit points so if you literally just meant "tougher", then sure, but I don't see what the point of a bag of hit points in the training room is since the training dummy room is full of those already. If you want something that's actually dangerous to fight against in the training room there are way better candidates than the demolisher.​​
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    yes named characters and high annelids I do stand corrected.

edited August 2018
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Considering that High Annelids have killed me way more often than the demolishers, I'm gonna go ahead and give that as an example.​​
    High Annelids mostly kill me because they tend to be paired with sorcerers, which are way more dangerous than anything you'll find next to a demolisher, and also make everything obnoxiously tough cuz AoRP.
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    the fact of the matter is name one mob that is tougher than a demolisher and you can't

Considering that High Annelids have killed me way more often than the demolishers
    For me, it is those darn Substantiators that give me the worst trouble.

So, anyway, yeah, put them all in there.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User

Considering that High Annelids have killed me way more often than the demolishers
    Don't you mean the substantiators, as they're the ones that lift you up and throw you back into their freshly-summoned worm trio? The high anals always felt like pushovers, being more of a "go away, I'm busy killing your sorcerer friend(s)" kind of foe than anything else.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    Don't you mean the substantiators, as they're the ones that lift you up and throw you back into their freshly-summoned worm trio?
    Sorcerers do that too, and add annoyance with aura of radiant protection. The main thing that makes High Annelids and Substantiators deadly is when they use Gravity and you take ridiculous falling damage.
    edited August 2018
    So, anyway, yeah, put them all in there.

This makes the most sense. Add all the QWarzone groups to the training room. That way people can see that all the rumors about them being too hard, unfair, cheap, or all that other nonsense are completely untrue ;) and also have something to test their builds against that isn't a bunch of partially deflated balloons.
    Don't you mean the substantiators, as they're the ones that lift you up and throw you back into their freshly-summoned worm trio? The high anals always felt like pushovers, being more of a "go away, I'm busy killing your sorcerer friend(s)" kind of foe than anything else.

No, Substantiators give me no problem whatsoever because I always interrupt their obvious attempts to summon their worms. It's an exciting moment when they actually get a summon off. The reason you have no issue with High Annelids is because you always use the easy-cheesy method of using Invulnerable and their main strengths are being immune to CC and having high damage output.​​
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Don't you mean the substantiators, as they're the ones that lift you up and throw you back into their freshly-summoned worm trio?
    Sorcerers do that too, and add annoyance with aura of radiant protection. The main thing that makes High Annelids and Substantiators deadly is when they use Gravity and you take ridiculous falling damage.

Really? I just block. I've never seen High Annelids as all that tough. The mobs around them I kill on sight first though.

EDIT: But build differences may be the issue.
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Wow, I had no idea this would be such a popular post. I guess the real point is that the training room is actually pretty useless for training.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    darqaura2 wrote: »
    EDIT: But build differences may be the issue.

Build differences and playstyle differences. For example, people who block and kite good wouldn't be very impressed by a demolisher. That would probably be a huge benefit of adding these things to the training room, players could develop those skills, and fail, without having a long run back to try again.
    Wow, I had no idea this would be such a popular post. I guess the real point is that the training room is actually pretty useless for training.

Well yes that's the point you started the thread with o3o​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Or the stupid lasers... any good tank can turn on the most powerful one and ignore it. The most powerful one barely tickles!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Or the stupid lasers... any good tank can turn on the most powerful one and ignore it. The most powerful one barely tickles!
    Lasers should be 100; 1,000; 10,000; 100,000.